• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Every Arcfire finds its mark. Every Roll gets pivot-grabbed. Bair never misses. Every approach gets stuffed by Jab. When they shield, Nos is there. When they airdodge, Uair finds them. They press a button? THORON!

I'm not talking about anything in specific, I'm just talking about that general feeling of being in the zone.

The zone where you do this kinda **** to people: http://gfycat.com/AmusedScentedGerbil
Only on really good days and I get more Elthunder snipes than Thoron. Need to use Thoron more especially to instill fear into people.
That Robin was pretty decent lol. Was that you or some other cat using Robin?

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Gen 4 was feelsy for me so I really like it

I also like Gen 1, 2, 5

Gen 6 was kinda easy mode but without exp share it was decent

I don't like Gen 3
Cool.

My fav has to be gen 2, reason being that it's basically 2 pokemon games in 1! I also don't mind gen 5, though I like the sequels more than the original only cause their awesome better pokemon.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Though there is no way I am getting ride of Gardevoir.
- Get fighting type, but I am not replacing Gardevoir. Ever.
Hmm...I think swapping Sceptile out would be the best case, then. You could just put a ground move onto the fighting type for coverage (e.g. Dig/Earthquake on Machoke). Alternatively, you could swap out Manectric and stick Thunderbolt/Flamethrower onto Gardevior.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I edited the original post. Can you see it now?

When you use Side-B instead of Up-B by accident with Greninja offstage.

I have that problem with :4darkpit::rosalina:

And it happened to me 7 times in one day

And it costed my the match every time

;_________;

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That be me. :3

I feel like my Robin's on fire lately. With any luck this will extend to the weekly on Friday.
Cool nice to know if was someone from where instead of a hidden Robin nerd out there in which I saw some those singles vids from that tourney and thought it was some hidden Robin nerd.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I remember one time in a laggy match I was trying to point my arrow up

The game thought I did my recovery

That costed me another match

;_________;

I need to go local smh

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
^ When you get the perfect Hydro Pump gimp. :chuckle:
I have that problem with :4darkpit::rosalina:

And it happened to me 7 times in one day

And it costed my the match every time

;_________;
Ouch, that's pretty rough.:drsad:

Also, responding to a previous subject, my favorite Pokémon Generation is 5, good old Unova (both versions)! It was the first generation of Pokémon games that I played, so it holds a special place in my heart.

D

Deleted member

I remember one time in a laggy match I was trying to point my arrow up

The game thought I did my recovery

That costed me another match

;_________;

I need to go local smh
I remember on the 3DS, all I needed to do to win a match against this Ganondorf with Shulk was to Air Slash... but it came out as a Back Slash. I was so... frustrated.
I've had other similar moments like that...

Oh dear god, I was playing as Little Mac I just had to run up and KO Punch this Ness... but... I... side B'd off the stage. I made a comeback and won, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
OMG A CAMILLA IMAGE THAT'S KAWAII, BUT DOESN'T FOCUS ON HER SECKS APPEAL.

I'm like:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
http://gfycat.com/CourteousOptimalGermanspitz

How I feel when I land Nosferatu:
3810446_t.gif

And oh boy, Pokemon talk!

My favorite Gen would have to be Gen 5 for it's good story and really nice music. In order it would probably go;
Gen5 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 1 > Gen 6 > Gen 4.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I land Nosferatu perfectly almost 90% of the time.

It's not like i'm trying to unlock a hidden support conversation in the game. No, that's crazy....

*sigh*

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I remember on the 3DS, all I needed to do to win a match against this Ganondorf with Shulk was to Air Slash... but it came out as a Back Slash. I was so... frustrated.
I've had other similar moments like that...

Oh dear god, I was playing as Little Mac I just had to run up and KO Punch this Ness... but... I... side B'd off the stage. I made a comeback and won, however.
Speaking of Little Mac vs Ness, this happened to me a few weeks back around last month

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Oh man I'm really considering making this my avatar right about now!
I'm so embarrassed to admit that. And I did that by accident...

Unlike the For Glory Macs, my Mac isn't trash.
Nah don't even worry about it! We all make mistakes, it's all part of learning the game! :cool:
Speaking of Little Mac vs Ness, this happened to me a few weeks back around last month

BATTER UP!!!!

AND IT'S GOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
http://gfycat.com/CourteousOptimalGermanspitz

How I feel when I land Nosferatu:
View attachment 63150

And oh boy, Pokemon talk!

My favorite Gen would have to be Gen 5 for it's good story and really nice music. In order it would probably go;
Gen5 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 1 > Gen 6 > Gen 4.
That was juicy and landing Nosferatu is like a addiction to sweets especially if you get your local scene mad about it :) .

As for Pokes
my favorite gen is dependant on if you consider remakes as part of their gens or not so if so then gen 4, 5,3, 2,1,6

otherwise if not gen 2, 5, 3, 4, 1,6

I constantly switch between my spots of gen 3 and 4 alot btw.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm so embarrassed to admit that. And I did that by accident...

Unlike the For Glory Macs, my Mac isn't trash.
Trust me as a Mac main, it rarely happens but when it does, it's usually on accident. Besides whenever I use it, I make sure I space myself so the edge won't get me.

It kills camping pretty fast when doing it and they don't expect it.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
OMG Tacties, I almost forgot. I had a Chrom & Sumia moment at Wal-Mart Today!

'Kay, so I was checking some things out, and this gurl around my age trips and falls.

I go up to her and help her up, and I say "Hey, are you okay?!....Those boots of yours?"

Then, she says.."No, I mean Yes, I mean...*sigh*."

She insisted that she was ok, and then afterward...I trip.....on this huge pebble, like wut?!

I was like "Ugh, I tripped on a pebble....how embarassing" Then she said, "Now you know how I feel. *lol*

I'm now fully convinced that some....Unknown Force Binds Us.

LMAO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's incredible! O_O

Nah don't even worry about it! We all make mistakes, it's all part of learning the game! :cool:
Hahaha! Thanks! :lol:

Though, I have always kept a pocket Little Mac. I was rushing down on this Ness and I was making sure my control stick was dead center to initiate the KO Punch. ...My assumptions were wrong and I guess my stick had a slight tilt to it, so I looked like a bad player as a result. :(

Trust me as a Mac main, it rarely happens but when it does, it's usually on accident. Besides whenever I use it, I make sure I space myself so the edge won't get me.

It kills camping pretty fast when doing it and they don't expect it.
After that incident, I make sure that is the case. I just space out Jolt Haymaker and use it at the most unexpected times.

I almost got a kill by using Jolt Haymaker to KO Punch, but it somehow missed...

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

'Kay, so I was checking some things out, and this gurl around my age trips and falls.

I go up to her and help her up, and I say "Hey, are you okay?!....Those boots of yours?"

She insisted that she was ok, and then afterward...I trip.....on this huge pebble, like wut?!

I was like "Ugh, I tripped on a pebble....how embarassing" Then she said, "Now you know how I feel. *lol*

LMAO.
This is the most adorable thing I've heard all day.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

LMAO.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

LMAO.
S Support and watch your future, Galeforce carrying daughter fight for you.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's incredible! O_O

Hahaha! Thanks! :lol:

Though, I have always kept a pocket Little Mac. I was rushing down on this Ness and I was making sure my control stick was dead center to initiate the KO Punch. ...My assumptions were wrong and I guess my stick had a slight tilt to it, so I looked like a bad player as a result. :(

After that incident, I make sure that is the case. I just space out Jolt Haymaker and use it at the most unexpected times.

I almost got a kill by using Jolt Haymaker to KO Punch, but it somehow missed...
If you want some easy Mac training just come find me. I ain't the best but I got the basics down to where I'm not a For Glory crapper.

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
This is perhaps the PERFECT gif to describe that feeling.
It's the best feeling ever.

I've made it a habit at my weeklies to yell when I get one as well, screaming "I NEED DAT!"

...dat referring to their %... I need it... plus it looks like she's spanking some booty at the same time so I need dat S-Rank Support too...

D

Deleted member

If you want some easy Mac training just come find me. I ain't the best but I got the basics down to where I'm not a For Glory crapper.
All right!
I would like to train some time. I mostly break out Mac to induce fear onto others (mainly because not many people would expect Mac and his play style is radically different) and sometimes avoid Luigi dittos (they can be annoying).

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So if you go into training mode and mess around with the play speed, Thoron will hit in different amounts. They total amounts are all lesser compared to the original which I found odd and I'm going to test it a little bit more.

Top Bottom