• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Petition to send me to EVO next year to have the chance of rectifying the presence of trash :4link: players because I saw one and heard there were a few disgracefully bad players that somehow got on stream yesterday.
IF smash 4 is at Evo try to get something wrangled up with your local scene.

Everyone in my Round 1 pool, and numerous spectators.

Idk what you guys did on page 1168 but I can't load it on my phone. I'd type more but I'm about to head to the venue, so I'll have to make a long post later.
LMAO Raziek giving nerds the custom Robin goodness and inb4Ithoughtthischaracterwasbad.
I came to the conclusion a bit ago that Link stands far and away from everyone else as the character that I am always most comfortable with/never tire of.

Even :4ganondorf: has tired me from time to time but never :4link:.

Although I do main him in the other games anyways.
:4falco:is that character for me though as of lately he got buffed and I haven't used much of him and only bust him out in super serious tournament settings or when people ask me to. I have days in which I wanna practice and have fun with my other mains this past Tuesday at a local I went all :4bowser:outside of two MU's against a :4luigi: and :4yoshi: then I switched to:4robinm: and :4marth:respectively.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
You did us proud making through to the quarterfinals with Robin @Raziek. It's a shame people won't get to see your play on stream.

Robin is the character I'm most comfortable with, I play many other characters with varying degrees of effectiveness but Robin's the only one I can use to play at my best. That said I'm still not that good at smash 4. If I practiced more I could, but that would take away time for me to do other things.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
EVO day 2 has begun nerds srkevo1 is where the top 32 and such for smash wii u will be at and Mr R beat Dapuffster.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
For me, this character is Marth. However, I have yet to play a game that actually has Marth.
Also, I have more cosplays! This is from Comic Con, IGN's article on it.

Hyrule Warriors! Yay! <3
Also...

Just...yes.
...Never again will I be able to see Shyguys in the normal light. minus8 why?

Matsushi

True Blood
Ayyyyyy I'm SO mad that they didn't show any of @Raziek 's matches on stream. That said, congratulations to making it into quarterfinals, Raz! That is an exceptional accomplishment if I do say so myself, especially in such a massive tournament. I'm sure multiple players you faced were amazed by your Robin play! And you faced Nakat, that's quite an honour.

It must've been an amazing experience~ <3
I found a GIF for the Robin Social's favourite OTP :^)
The sound I made was not human.

RYOUMARX CONFIRMED CANON

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Curious myself.

Someone in the EVO thread over in the competitive board said that the commentators went mental over standard Greninja play, to which someone else respond by saying, yeah, very few people at the top play Greninja, this is all new to them, it's like holy **** virgin territory someone weigh the anchor and git over to froggy vista!
Smh that I missed high level Greninja play. It is hilarious (and awesome) to see the commentators go nuts over underused characters! (Shout outs to that WFT that dominated!)
Everyone in my Round 1 pool, and numerous spectators.

Idk what you guys did on page 1168 but I can't load it on my phone. I'd type more but I'm about to head to the venue, so I'll have to make a long post later.
About what I expected then. :p

Also I have no idea why you can't load page 1168. *nose grows in length*
Actually I really DON'T know why.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

NO WAY. Edgy4LIFE!
HE'S FELT THIS WAY BEFORE

SO INSECUUUURE

CRAWLING IN HIS SKIIIIN

THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEEEEAL

FEAR IS NOW HIS FOOOOE

CONFUSING WHAT IS REEEEAL

OOOO-OOOOH
To be honest, if I set my gender as Female, I'm rather sure I'll be able to fool plenty of people even without changing the way I behave. :troll:

I've been mistaken for a girl quite a few times, actually. :p

:231:
Hey, c'mon, you!

We can make a killing from FalKoopa body pillows~!

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
A video was uploaded yesterday and it just so happens to perfectly describe Raz's experience playing at Evo

I'm sure he had to make some HARD READS

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
HE'S FELT THIS WAY BEFORE

SO INSECUUUURE

CRAWLING IN HIS SKIIIIN

THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEEEEAL

FEAR IS NOW HIS FOOOOE

CONFUSING WHAT IS REEEEAL

OOOO-OOOOH

Hey, c'mon, you!

We can make a killing from FalKoopa body pillows~!
BUT IN THE END, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTEEEEER! (lol)

And since when does the R.S.T. produce body pillows??? (I'm not complaining, I just would've liked to have known)

Shout-outs to that Lilli who wrecked that Heihachi! Lilli is love, Lilli is life! (T E KK EN BOY Z)

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
BUT IN THE END, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTEEEEER! (lol)

And since when does the R.S.T. produce body pillows??? (I'm not complaining, I just would've liked to have known)

Shout-outs to that Lilli who wrecked that Heihachi! Lilli is love, Lilli is life! (T E KK EN BOY Z)
well I'd pay good money for a body pillow of raziek-senpai

I haven't been keeping up with Tekken. Any Leo players which is quite frankly all I'm interested in with regards to these games?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
well I'd pay good money for a body pillow of raziek-senpai

I haven't been keeping up with Tekken. Any Leo players which is quite frankly all I'm interested in with regards to these games?
I saw a really good Leo player yesterday, and I believe there are more. From my limited knowledge of the "Iron Fist" I think that Leo is considered to be a pretty good character.

Back to Sm4sh for a sec, Esam's Pikachu is a beast!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I saw a really good Leo player yesterday, and I believe there are more. From my limited knowledge of the "Iron Fist" I think that Leo is considered to be a pretty good character.

Back to Sm4sh for a sec, Esam's Pikachu is a beast!
Yeah, I've always gotten good results with Leo.

I really should get back into Iron Fist...~

Ayyyyyy I'm SO mad that they didn't show any of @Raziek 's matches on stream. That said, congratulations to making it into quarterfinals, Raz! That is an exceptional accomplishment if I do say so myself, especially in such a massive tournament. I'm sure multiple players you faced were amazed by your Robin play! And you faced Nakat, that's quite an honour.

It must've been an amazing experience~ <3

The sound I made was not human.

RYOUMARX CONFIRMED CANON
Matsushi's feelings towards RyouMarx
You are indeed correcT
The Robin Social Thread:

In which we chronicle Matsushi's slow descent into madness and depravity.

D

Deleted member

ESAM and a Phoenix Wright player won at the same time...
So far, so good!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Yeah, I've always gotten good results with Leo.

I really should get back into Iron Fist...~

The Robin Social Thread:

I didn't think she could descend any further.

Matsushi

True Blood
The Robin Social Thread:

That is a VERY accurate description of this thread~

It hurts me inside. :')))

ESAM and a Phoenix Wright player won at the same time...
So far, so good!
Oh yeah, that was awesome! I've never seen UMvC3 played at a competitive level before so watching the stream is quite mind-boggling for me. :emptysheep:

D

Deleted member

That match with Abadango and Angel was incredible. I think I had a heart attack!

Oh yeah, that was awesome! I've never seen UMvC3 played at a competitive level before so watching the stream is quite mind-boggling for me. :emptysheep:
UMvC3 is pretty crazy on a competitive level. There are crazy combos and infinities.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
That is a VERY accurate description of this thread~

It hurts me inside. :')))

UMVC3 is very fun to watch...unless you've watched it for a year and realize almost everyone plays Vergil, Zero, and/or Doom. Then you see Morrigan paired with Doom on stream and all of a sudden there's more bullets on screen than you'd see in Scarface.

And that heartbreaking ending for Angel though.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
UMvC3 is pretty crazy on a competitive level. There are crazy combos and infinities.
I can see! It's amazing to watch; I've been playing UMvC casually so this is kinda giving me an incentive to up my game, though I'm not sure whether I'm up for such commitment.
UMVC3 is very fun to watch...unless you've watched it for a year and realize almost everyone plays Vergil, Zero, and/or Doom. Then you see Morrigan paired with Doom on stream and all of a sudden there's more bullets on screen than you'd see in Scarface.
I'm seeing quite a variety of characters so far, perhaps because we're still in pools. I'm assuming those said characters are considered "top tier" and therefore almost everyone plays them. I usually have Dante, Wesker and Phoenix Wright in my team, though I'm not too sure what they're deemed as in terms of tiers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can see! It's amazing to watch; I've been playing MVC casually so this is kinda giving me an incentive to up my game, though I'm not sure whether I'm up for such commitment.

I'm seeing quite a variety of characters so far, perhaps because we're still in pools. I'm assuming those said characters are considered "top tier" and therefore almost everyone plays them. I usually have Dante, Wesker and Phoenix Wright in my team, though I'm not too sure what they're deemed as in terms of tiers.
I just play UMvC3 for fun. I am by no means good at the game. LOL

Dante and Wesker are seen as good characters, but Phoenix Wright is low-tiered. Though, not many people give PW representation.

Matsushi

True Blood
I just play UMvC3 for fun. I am by no means good at the game. LOL

Dante and Wesker are seen as good characters, but Phoenix Wright is low-tiered. Though, not many people give PW representation.
Me too! I struggle beating Galactus at the end of Arcade mode. :emptysheep:

Ah, I see! I kinda assumed that Dante and Wesker are pretty good characters judging from their speed and agility. Phoenix seems to have quite the learning curve, I can understand why he doesn't have the representation he "deserves". But I've seen two so far since I opened the stream, that's something!

Also, John Numbers' WFT is soooooooo good. Make the WFTs proouuuuud~

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Me too! I struggle beating Galactus at the end of Arcade mode. :emptysheep:

Ah, I see! I kinda assumed that Dante and Wesker are pretty good characters judging from their speed and agility. Phoenix seems to have quite the learning curve, I can understand why he doesn't have the representation he "deserves". But I've seen two so far since I opened the stream, that's something!

Also, John Number's WFT is soooooooo good. Make the WFTs proouuuuud~
Same! I really have a good time against Galactus when I am Phoenix Wright in Turnabout Mode. Just survive the two characters, go to another character to be safe, use Maya Shield, get the evidence, Turnabout Mode, paper spam, win. Though... I once spammed heavy with Amaterasu and Galactus never hit me once.

True, Phoenix is a complicated character, but he's my favorite character in the game. He's honestly my best character and I know how to do some combos, I am just not good at doing them. Still, I am glad that two Phoenix Wrights won!

Agreed. It's a shame that he lost to ZeRo.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Nairo is so fun to watch~

He's a good sport, too, he always comes across as a very nice guy. :3

Top Bottom