• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
That Esam vs Chudat match was good. Esam's pikachu is always fun to watch. Almost made me consider subbing pikachu at one point. Almost.

Last edited:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
That's cool. I do wish you luck; I truly do hope you prove me wrong when I've said I don't think Robin is really viable at this time. It looks like you are... what, 33% of the way there? 50%?

(Note that I do not consider 'win Evo' to be the sole metric of 'prove me wrong.' A legitimately good showing outside of Pools would suffice, and I hope to see it happen!)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Shrooby is unfortunately out, I caught a few of his pools matches.
What? Noooooo.....

At least he probably played well. Good luck in those later matches, Raziek.

D

Deleted member

ESAM's Pikachu is amazing and pretty inspiring to be honest. I wonder how he plays so well with him.

Also, I'm sorry about your loss, @ shrooby shrooby . :( You did your best, however. :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
go raziek even if i cant watch you due to crap hospital internet

do your best and tip scales son

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
@ Raziek Raziek I probably won't be able to watch your matches live (darn work schedule :v), but I wish the best of luck to you!

D

Deleted member

@ Raziek Raziek
Good luck in your set. I hope that you can prove to people that Robin is a formidable foe. Be three steps ahead, please.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Got get em' @ Raziek Raziek

Do it for @ shrooby shrooby !
#tipforshrooby

Fun fact: in my circle of friends, when drinking games are involved, we have a rule that we call #drinkforniko. When the "drink for Niko" rule is invoked, someone nominates themselves to drink on my behalf if the rules call for it.

This is because I'm teetotal and don't drink. It began as a weird joke when someone volunteered to drink in my stead, and this has since been invoked for other teetotal members of the group.

I have tried substituting other beverages in place, but it either doesn't work (fizzy drinks aren't really the same as naggins of vodka) or is physically painful to consume (undiluted cordial was a weird thing that I tried), so I'm content to just sit there and have good, sober fun~

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
@ Raziek Raziek I know we not on the best terms, But a good tactician has nothing to fear. I wish you luck.

U2 @ shrooby shrooby .
You'll be hard pressed to two-stock or three-stock @ Raziek Raziek (which would be the equivalent of "destroy", if you two-stock in a two-stock ruleset or three-stock in a three-stock ruleset, respectively), particularly if you still play :4link: given that the MU is even.

I'll be blunt and say that you've probably got a good way to go before you get to that point.

tl;dr: Welcome to the big leagues.
What ever you say dude bro.
God why you so ruthless brah? I wish more people play Link though.
She's alright.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
#tipforshrooby

Fun fact: in my circle of friends, when drinking games are involved, we have a rule that we call #drinkforniko. When the "drink for Niko" rule is invoked, someone nominates themselves to drink on my behalf if the rules call for it.

This is because I'm teetotal and don't drink. It began as a weird joke when someone volunteered to drink in my stead, and this has since been invoked for other teetotal members of the group.

I have tried substituting other beverages in place, but it either doesn't work (fizzy drinks aren't really the same as naggins of vodka) or is physically painful to consume (undiluted cordial was a weird thing that I tried), so I'm content to just sit there and have good, sober fun~
Funny that you mention that, because I just got myself a bottle of Moscato wine just recently!

Not that I'd do drinking games. I'd rather be sober myself. Pretty amusing story though!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Got back from errands for school and a Evo viewing party and I heard some stuff. @ Raziek Raziek don't choke now ya'll hear.

#tipforshrooby

Weird but understandable.

Also @ shrooby shrooby who you lose to?

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
REPRESENT RAZ, REPRESENT

You'll be hard pressed to two-stock or three-stock @ Raziek Raziek (which would be the equivalent of "destroy", if you two-stock in a two-stock ruleset or three-stock in a three-stock ruleset, respectively), particularly if you still play :4link: given that the MU is even.

I'll be blunt and say that you've probably got a good way to go before you get to that point.

tl;dr: Welcome to the big leagues.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What ever you say dude bro.
He's right, though.

I've played Soully many times and we have had some very personal conversations, and he is not someone who holds back.

He's telling you that you need to improve because, well, you do. I haven't seen you play, though I know what Raz is like, and you need to be at the absolute tip-top of your game to even get a scratch in on that man.

Saying, "Yeah, I'm good, I'm gonna whoop yo' ass!" doesn't cut it. I've been to tourneys, I've placed pretty well, hell I live with the undisputed best player in our scene, and I often wonder how the hell I manage it. It's tough. You need to be really and truly dedicated to the game if you want to succeed, and equally importantly, you need to keep your ego in check and be a good sport about it. Sportsmanship is a vital aspect of any competitive event. You need to have the bite as well as the bark to make it in the big leagues.

If I were you, I would heed Soully's advice, because he is a damn good player and a very wise man and he will help you get better. He will make you bleed. That will make you better than just telling the world as a whole that you're the best, because without the effort and the talent to back it up, you're just shouting into thin air.

Nothing worth doing is easy.

If it's worth doing, of course, it's worth doing right.

She's alright.
And uhh Soully is a dude~

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Funny that you mention that, because I just got myself a bottle of Moscato wine just recently!

Not that I'd do drinking games. I'd rather be sober myself. Pretty amusing story though!
Heh, I've never gotten into the habit of drinking wine.

I've tried many, many times, and I invariably end up handing it back with a scrunchy face and saying, "Nope. Yucky."

Weird but understandable.
Weird that I don't drink or weird that someone else does it for me?

Nah

Smash Champion
this page rn is pretty much just Raziek and shrooby tags lol

Heh, I've never gotten into the habit of drinking wine.

I've tried many, many times, and I invariably end up handing it back with a scrunchy face and saying, "Nope. Yucky."
Alcohol is one of those things that's kind of an acquired taste. I remember when I first starting drinking I couldn't stand the taste of any alcoholic drink but after a while it came to not be so bad and then later came to like it. Though there are some drinks you'll never come to stand really. I ****in' hate IPAs and will probably never come to like them.

But if you've tried wine that many times and it still doesn't work for you, you'll probably never like it, but that's fine too.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
False Sense confirmed for nice guy.

The memes are coming out hardcore from the commentators now. :cool:
Wait, is Falsie there?

Alcohol is one of those things that's kind of an acquired taste. I remember when I first starting drinking I couldn't stand the taste of any alcoholic drink but after a while it came to not be so bad and then later came to like it. Though there are some drinks you'll never come to stand really. I ****in' hate IPAs and will probably never come to like them.

But if you've tried wine that many times and it still doesn't work for you, you'll probably never like it, but that's fine too.
I've tried beer, wine and spirits many times and I just don't like it. I have other reasons for not drinking besides distaste for the flavour.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I'm not really a drinker either. I mainly just have a beer or two when hanging with colleagues. I do love me some sake though, hot or cold.

Matsushi

True Blood
The memes are coming out hardcore from the commentators now. :cool:
FIEEEEEEEEEEEND~

I already wished @ Raziek Raziek good luck, but twice is the charm I suppose. I wish you the very best of luck, Raz! I'm certain you'll represent Robin in an exceedingly good fashion. :'D

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Wait, is Falsie there?

I've tried beer, wine and spirits many times and I just don't like it. I have other reasons for not drinking besides distaste for the flavour.
Yep! He just bopped poor Kira's Pit.

Also I'm not a fan of alcoholic drinks myself, although I haven't really tried them either for personal reasons.
hey guys, are you enjoying evo
:happysheep: HECK YEAH!:happysheep:
Cue angry Kiraflax
:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:

Nah he put up a good fight, but almost SD'ing twice in the first match didn't do his confidence any favors.
FIEEEEEEEEEEEND~

I already wished @ Raziek Raziek good luck, but twice is the charm I suppose. I wish you the very best of luck, Raz! I'm certain you'll represent Robin in an exceedingly good fashion. :'D
The FIEEEEEEEEEEENDs are flying!

Last edited:

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Nah he put up a good fight, but almost SD'ing twice in the first match didn't do his confidence any favors.
Oh definitely! Those were some really good games!

But I wanted to see angry standing up death stare Kiraflax

Last edited:
Top Bottom