• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Not liking the taste is one reason why I don't drink alcohol, but I have a few other reasons... long stories short, I've only ever seen it to have negative influences on people's actions, and if I had my way, it would be banned outright. Religion isn't one of the reasons for me, despite what most people in this country assume.
anyway.
I might have watched some of Evo if my internet wasn't completely worthless right now :/
Good luck to @ Raziek Raziek of course!
and commiserations to @ shrooby shrooby .

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
FALSIE

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE~

<3
Good **** False Sense!
The False Sense fans come out in force I see.
Oh definitely! Those were some really good games!

But I wanted to see angry standing up death stare Kiraflax
I wonder if it's more or less deadly than the Luigi Death Stare. :p
Hell yeah! D1 on the mic!
BASED COMMENTARY
Hype intensifies by 1000%! :cool:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Yep! He just bopped poor Kira's Pit.

Also I'm not a fan of alcoholic drinks myself, although I haven't really tried them either for personal reasons.

:happysheep: HECK YEAH!:happysheep:

:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:

Nah he put up a good fight, but almost SD'ing twice in the first match didn't do his confidence any favors.

The FIEEEEEEEEEEENDs are flying!
I missed the match but I didn't think False Sense was attending EVO? I can't find him in the player locator as well. I see False in the same pool as KiraFlax though. Are you confusing the two or am I grossly wrong?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
He's right, though.

I've played Soully many times and we have had some very personal conversations, and he is not someone who holds back.

He's telling you that you need to improve because, well, you do. I haven't seen you play, though I know what Raz is like, and you need to be at the absolute tip-top of your game to even get a scratch in on that man.

Saying, "Yeah, I'm good, I'm gonna whoop yo' ***!" doesn't cut it. I've been to tourneys, I've placed pretty well, hell I live with the undisputed best player in our scene, and I often wonder how the hell I manage it. It's tough. You need to be really and truly dedicated to the game if you want to succeed, and equally importantly, you need to keep your ego in check and be a good sport about it. Sportsmanship is a vital aspect of any competitive event. You need to have the bite as well as the bark to make it in the big leagues.

If I were you, I would heed Soully's advice, because he is a damn good player and a very wise man and he will help you get better. He will make you bleed. That will make you better than just telling the world as a whole that you're the best, because without the effort and the talent to back it up, you're just shouting into thin air.

Nothing worth doing is easy.

If it's worth doing, of course, it's worth doing right.
From what I'm hearing Soul is good. OK, I did heed HIS word. I just tried ending the conversation. I know how good Raz is. And of course I know I need to train and get better. I practice 3 hours a day and when My parentss aren't home, I train even more by going on Anthers and competing in online tournaments sense I can't go to any real ones.

But what about sports men ship is important? If you look at Leffen and ZeRo and all other good players, they're not the kindest people. I just don't get it.

And uhh Soully is a dude~[/quote]

@The Soulless One Seriously?

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Whenever I do walk by various pubs, I can't even handle the smell as it's ridiculously strong and somewhat preposterous. That said, I don't drink and don't really have a desire to do so. :halfsheep:
hey guys, are you enjoying evo
Aw yis! It's been multiple sets and I'm still laughing at GimR's up-b kill against that Dedede player. It was like "boop!"

Soul.

Like, this tourney has been swell so far. No delays or anything. Customs are doing well too lol.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
From what I'm hearing Soul is good. OK, I did heed HIS word. I just tried ending the conversation. I know how good Raz is. And of course I know I need to train and get better. I practice 3 hours a day and when My parentss aren't home, I train even more by going on Anthers and competing in online tournaments sense I can't go to any real ones.
Hey, don't tell me. I could care less how much you practice.

Just keep it up. Practice more. Practice harder. Fight good players. Fight really good players.

Die. Get back up. Die again. Keep getting back up.

The moment you think you've learned everything is the moment you've stopped improving.

Even the best have the capacity to get better.

Born in blood, baptised in fire;
In a world of death, I chose to live.
This is the conviction of the true hero.

But what about sports men ship is important? If you look at Leffen and ZeRo and all other good players, they're not the kindest people. I just don't get it.
Except they don't get praised for it. Leffen might because that's his character and he's charismatic about it, but ZeRo is routinely criticised for being rude.

Unless you want to earn fame and notoriety by becoming a "villain" like Leffen or have no regard for others' opinion like ZeRo, no-one will like you if you're an arrogant jerk.

Incidentally, it's not all other good players. The vast majority of top players are very nice and friendly, both in and out of their matches.

You can be the best player in the world, but if your attitude isn't right, no-one will respect you for it. Sportsmanship keeps the game healthy, vibrant, competitive and fun, which is exactly what a game should be - ne~?

Yes.

Would you like a list of who's what? :3

@ Wintropy Wintropy
Your Goddess is on stream right now.
YEEEEAAAAH.

GOD AIN'T DEAD, MORTAL SCUM~!

EDIT: Oh well, good game~

Next time~ ;3

Last edited:

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Pacman hype!

I love watching a good Pacman

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Heh, I've never gotten into the habit of drinking wine.

I've tried many, many times, and I invariably end up handing it back with a scrunchy face and saying, "Nope. Yucky."

Weird that I don't drink or weird that someone else does it for me?
The later and the circumstance behind it but interesting nonetheless.

I'm not big on alcohol either and keep it to every once in a blue moon type situations like New Years.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, False Sense and False are two very different people.

False Sense is not here as far as I know.

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Rooting for Wario just so there's a chance of this victory screen

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
HOLY ****1 TEKKEN 7 HEIHACHI HYPE!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not sure why you people thought that OUR False was at EVO when he made no sort of announcement and that would have been hype as all hell.

That and I'd be tolerating this hospital internet to see him compete if that were the case.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
GO GO YOSHI MY NUMBER ONE DINOSAUR :4yoshi: <3

Top Bottom