• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Thanks for the welcomes guys! ^^

Liquid, I'll try to visit here more often, although sometimes I just don't know what to say. xD Forgive me if I forget.

Moydow, a Robin forever a Robin? o: Especially now that I've been brought to this topic?

I'll try my best to remember to call you Guilty Crown. :p I may forget, my memory can be pretty bad. Haha.

I also go by the name Rezid or Tamluka if anyone was curious.
Hey! Welcome aboard!

Since your from "another community" and @LIQUID12A knows you, I'm gonna say you've played a little PlayStation All-Stars, amaright?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
To be perfectly honest, I actually think that Young Link has a higher chance than not only Pichu but also Squirtle and Ivysaur.
Okay I'm gonna have to disagree entirely with this statement. Pichu isn't worthy of any kind of damn that I could ever give, but Squirtle and Ivysaur are two different beasts (lol) entirely. Both have completely unique and diverse movesets, unlike Y. Link who would probably end up getting, at best, the :4drmario:treatment. Not only that, but once again Y. Link is just another variation of a character that we already have two of. Regardless of whether they would actually go the extra mile and diversify Y. Link's moveset, it would still just be a third version of Link.

Squirtle and Ivysaur on the other hand are totally unique characters/individuals/Pokémon. Not only that but they got shafted in a big way in Brawl, being tied to the god-awful stamina mechanic. And they both have some decent popularity backing them.

The biggest hurdle to their inclusion would be this spread right here :4charizard::4greninja::4lucario::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4jigglypuff:
Having 8 Pokémon in Sm4sh would probably upset a lot of people, so I do think that Squirtle and Ivysaur's chances are lower than a large portion of other characters. But I do think that their chances are far better than Y. Link's.

D

Deleted member

I beat Case 2!
To be honest, I did like the case as I found it to be interesting, but it did get too ridiculous at times, even for the series's standards.
The ending of it was pretty cool. I was shocked to find out who the Ninetales guy was and it was an interesting twist to find out what the killer had done to frame Tenma.
I am just glad the yokai thing was acting rather than him being possessed by yokai... at least, I hope that was acting.

If I had one complaint, it would be the fact that Maya and Gumshoe aren't in this game at all.
I know the plot reasons why Maya is MIA, but she is irreplaceable in my eyes. I'm not saying Athena is bad by any means, I do like the character, but I wish she still was working with Wright.
I also find it absurd that she isn't in Apollo Justice for no reason given.

I just hope the next game staring Phoenix will feature Maya. It just seems wrong that she's not there.
The same goes for Gumshoe. I don't like Fulbright at all because I find him to be pretty unlikable and not funny at all. Gumshoe is a pretty entertaining character that grows with each game (especially starting with Case 3 in the original game). The fact that he isn't in this game at all is pretty sad...

Anyways, before I do Case 3, when does the DLC case take place? Does the DLC case take in between Case 2 and 3?

Also, welcome to the thread, @ Hukster Hukster !

D

Deleted member

Welcome @ Hukster Hukster c: I see that you are a Ness main and he's one of my mains too!

Also I don't post in here as often as I should so most people here view me as Kellam.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hello @ Hukster Hukster . I am Chapter Serf.

I play Splatoon and Support Isaac. What little I do play of Smash Bros these days is under Robin.

I ALWAYS edit my posts.

I normally sport a male Kamui Avatar and a banner supporting Isaac.

Currently I am remembering Iwata-San. I will maintain this setup until after Friday.

Last edited:

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
Sweet! I'm a fan, myself.

Hope to see you around the Boards.
Nice! If you still have it on PS3, we should totally do some matches on it, of course should do some matches on Smash 4 also. xD I'll try to stick around, I check a few sites. So sometimes certain sites slip through my mind. Haha.

Welcome @ Hukster Hukster c: I see that you are a Ness main and he's one of my mains too!

Also I don't post in here as often as I should so most people here view me as Kellam.
Thanks for the welcome! ^^ And yep, been living the Ness life in every game, he's honestly my most favorite video game character. Haha. Gotta stick with him even if times are rough. And nice! Always nice to see the Ness usage. :p Not too much of a fan of the ditto though. Haha.

Honetly though, I'll be honest here I enjoy playing Robin more than I do playing Ness. xD

D

Deleted member

Nice! If you still have it on PS3, we should totally do some matches on it, of course should do some matches on Smash 4 also. xD I'll try to stick around, I check a few sites. So sometimes certain sites slip through my mind. Haha.

Thanks for the welcome! ^^ And yep, been living the Ness life in every game, he's honestly my most favorite video game character. Haha. Gotta stick with him even if times are rough. And nice! Always nice to see the Ness usage. :p Not too much of a fan of the ditto though. Haha.

Honetly though, I'll be honest here I enjoy playing Robin more than I do playing Ness. xD
Have you played Earthbound? I have but I haven't played in in a while and haven't finished it.
Ness is great in Smash 4. And understandable about the Robin thing too xD I like playing as both but don't know which one I prefer, probably Robin.

What's this empty post doing here?
:emptysheep:
Zantetsugun pls D:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Since I have beaten Ace Attorney Dual Destinies, I will give my verdict on it.
I find the defendant, Dual Destinies...Guilty...
Of being my new favorite 3DS game!
So now I have a new avatar reflecting my favorite character from said game!
On a similar note, kinda bummed out Apollo Justice is evidently the weakest game in the series.

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
Have you played Earthbound? I have but I haven't played in in a while and haven't finished it.
Ness is great in Smash 4. And understandable about the Robin thing too xD I like playing as both but don't know which one I prefer, probably Robin.
Yeah, played through EarthBound many times, love the RPG. My most favorite out there, some character bias included of course. xD Yeah, both are quite fun, but something about Robin having that funner charm. :p

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hey @ Célja Célja , I fixed your signature:
OUiADGe.png

I have no idea what possessed me to do this, and I'm going to regret it I know, but I did it anyways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't worry, you could never be invisible to me.

I can tell for sure. :4robinf:

Yeah, played through EarthBound many times, love the RPG. My most favorite out there, some character bias included of course. xD Yeah, both are quite fun, but something about Robin having that funner charm. :p
It's kinda difficult at times though xD Do you prefer male or female Robin?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If I had one complaint, it would be the fact that Maya and Gumshoe aren't in this game at all.
I know the plot reasons why Maya is MIA, but she is irreplaceable in my eyes. I'm not saying Athena is bad by any means, I do like the character, but I wish she still was working with Wright.
I also find it absurd that she isn't in Apollo Justice for no reason given.

I just hope the next game staring Phoenix will feature Maya. It just seems wrong that she's not there.
Maya at least gets mentioned in this game, unlike in AJ (where she's just "some kid" who sends Phoenix 500 Steel Samurai videos while he's in hospital). But even then, the reason given for her absence is pretty daft (I'll let you find out for yourself what it is, and why it's daft).

The same goes for Gumshoe. I don't like Fulbright at all because I find him to be pretty unlikable and not funny at all. Gumshoe is a pretty entertaining character that grows with each game (especially starting with Case 3 in the original game). The fact that he isn't in this game at all is pretty sad...
Gumshoe apparently vanished alongside Phoenix's first attorney's badge (he shows up in the flashback case in AJ, but is never mentioned outside of it).
I agree that Fulbright was meh, but there are... a few things that happen later on, that Fulbright is more suited to than Gumshoe.

Anyways, before I do Case 3, when does the DLC case take place? Does the DLC case take in between Case 2 and 3?
Yes. It's the first case Phoenix takes on after getting his badge back.

You haven't played the original trilogy yet, right? I think you know what your next eShop purchase should be... ;P (are they still on sale? They were pretty cheap recently)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually play both, usually male for singles and female for doubles.
That's what's up. I play both too despite what my signature tells me. I used to play female exclusively but the male one grew on me so much <3

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
That's what's up. I play both too despite what my signature tells me. I used to play female exclusively but the male one grew on me so much <3
Yeah, can't ignore either of them. Both are cool. People need to learn to appreciate both more. xP

D

Deleted member

So now I have a new avatar reflecting my favorite character from said game!
On a similar note, kinda bummed out Apollo Justice is evidently the weakest game in the series.
If you loved Duel Destinies, definitely get the Trilogy on the eShop. The original three games are incredible!

Hey @ Célja Célja , I fixed your signature:
I have no idea what possessed me to do this, and I'm going to regret it I know, but I did it anyways.
@ Célja Célja
:p
EDIT: Damn your fast editing skills!!!

Maya at least gets mentioned in this game, unlike in AJ (where she's just "some kid" who sends Phoenix 500 Steel Samurai videos while he's in hospital). But even then, the reason given for her absence is pretty daft (I'll let you find out for yourself what it is, and why it's daft).
What?!
Where was she before? She should've been there in the trial where he loses his badge... it makes no sense as to why she isn't there... other than the developers giving Phoenix a disadvantage by not having the aid of Maya and Mia.

Gumshoe apparently vanished alongside Phoenix's first attorney's badge (he shows up in the flashback case in AJ, but is never mentioned outside of it).
Massive shame. I wish he would come back, pal.
gumshoe-disheartened.gif

Yes. It's the first case Phoenix takes on after getting his badge back.
OK! I bought the DLC case, so I will do that first before doing Case 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What?!
Where was she before? She should've been there in the trial where he loses his badge... it makes no sense as to why she isn't there... other than the developers giving Phoenix a disadvantage by not having the aid of Maya and Mia.
Hell if anyone knows, it's one of my biggest complaints about that particular case. I literally can't come up with a single logical reason for her not being around. Except maybe Phoenix being extra arrogant/cocky and telling her not to bother turning up (which would actually be in character for how he's depicted in that one case, despite how it might sound based on the original trilogy).
But no, there isn't even a single hint as to why she doesn't show up.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
D

Deleted member

Screenshot (75).png

Finally (hopefully) getting a GC Adapter for Smash.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.~

D

Deleted member

Hell if anyone knows, it's one of my biggest complaints about that particular case. I literally can't come up with a single logical reason for her not being around. Except maybe Phoenix being extra arrogant/cocky and telling her not to bother turning up (which would actually be in character for how he's depicted in that one case, despite how it might sound based on the original trilogy).
But no, there isn't even a single hint as to why she doesn't show up.
That could be the case, though I think that sounds a bit... I guess contradictory towards his character? I haven't read too much of the dialogue (but I do know that he was as nervous as he was when he was a rookie, so there's that...), but I doubt he would go in without his best friend.
Even with a super cocky attitude, I doubt that he would handle a case solo.

View attachment 61991

Finally (hopefully) getting a GC Adapter for Smash.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.~
Nice job! :D

D

Deleted member

Since you're now getting an adapter, what have you been using for a controller in Smash? The Wii U Pro?
G A M E P A D B O Y Z

(Set up like 3DS controls, I've gotten used to them since I played mostly the 3DS version during my college semesters since my Wii U was at home).

To be specific:

ZL - Shield.

ZR - Jump.

A - Normal Attacks

B - Special Attacks

Y - Grab

X - Jump

Tap Jump - OFF.

Right Stick - Smash Attacks (AKA my C-Stick)

L/R - Shield (unused).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey! Welcome aboard!

Since your from "another community" and @LIQUID12A knows you, I'm gonna say you've played a little PlayStation All-Stars, amaright?
Wait, you playPlayStation All-Stars?

*Sakurai laughs*

No, seriously though, what is the game actually like? I have only played the demo once at a games store though couldn't really get much out of it.

Okay I'm gonna have to disagree entirely with this statement. Pichu isn't worthy of any kind of damn that I could ever give, but Squirtle and Ivysaur are two different beasts (lol) entirely. Both have completely unique and diverse movesets, unlike Y. Link who would probably end up getting, at best, the :4drmario:treatment. Not only that, but once again Y. Link is just another variation of a character that we already have two of. Regardless of whether they would actually go the extra mile and diversify Y. Link's moveset, it would still just be a third version of Link.

Squirtle and Ivysaur on the other hand are totally unique characters/individuals/Pokémon. Not only that but they got shafted in a big way in Brawl, being tied to the god-awful stamina mechanic. And they both have some decent popularity backing them.

The biggest hurdle to their inclusion would be this spread right here :4charizard::4greninja::4lucario::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4jigglypuff:
Having 8 Pokémon in Sm4sh would probably upset a lot of people, so I do think that Squirtle and Ivysaur's chances are lower than a large portion of other characters. But I do think that their chances are far better than Y. Link's.
This last reason is really the only reason why I think Young Link has a better chance. It just seems a little silly that Pokemon should get 3 returning vets, even if they do have unique movesets. I not saying that I don't want them to return. in fact, I wouldn't mind seeing Squirtle return. I love the little and would love to see what Sakurai would do with him. The thing is that some people keep say the Young Link has no chance and the characters like Snake, the Poke vets and IC are basically in yet some people keep forgetting about those characters own problems that are holding back their chances getting into smash.

Anyway, if Young Link gets back into Smash, I going to be gloating so much.

Soul.

What if, by any chance, -character- makes it back? Think about the endless possibilities.... thingamajig!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
This last reason is really the only reason why I think Young Link has a better chance. It just seems a little silly that Pokemon should get 3 returning vets, even if they do have unique movesets. I not saying that I don't want them to return. in fact, I wouldn't mind seeing Squirtle return. I love the little and would love to see what Sakurai would do with him. The thing is that some people keep say the Young Link has no chance and the characters like Snake, the Poke vets and IC are basically in yet some people keep forgetting about those characters own problems that are holding back their chances getting into smash.

Anyway, if Young Link gets back into Smash, I going to be gloating so much.
Honestly I would have much preferred to have gotten Squirtle and/or Ivysaur over Charizard (and Jigglypuff for that matter). No offense to old 'Zard, but I just found Ivysaur and Squirtle way more fun to play as in Brawl.

At this point, all of the remaining vets have there own things going against them. Y. Link for being a clone (replaced by another clone), Pichu for also being a clone (and terrible), IC for not working on the 3DS, Snake for being another 3rd party character, Squirtle and Ivysaur (as previously stated) due to Sm4sh having 6 other Pokémon already, and Wolf for being a semi-clone.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

FemRobin is FemRobin. I'd do them all equally but I'd do the Red one first.

I agree with you. Sadly, there's no stopping that train. Just remember:
View attachment 62001
I'm a Dixie Kong Guy but Issac is cool.

I don't get it? Is the joke that Chrom and Sonic are both voiced by Roger Craig Smith? Because if it is, they aren't, Chrom is voiced by Matt Mercer...
Blue probably. That or Lucina is colorblind like her support with her mothers go by.

Here's a better comic
image.jpg

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
lmao at people who think Snake has a chance of making it back

I really don't see the point of bringing this up in the Robin thread, though. I, for one, do think Snake has a pretty good chance of coming back. Seriously, why hate on a character in another characters thread? If you want to talk to people who would actually care I could give you a link.

Top Bottom