• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I found this picture yesterday and just thought that it was to good not to post

Kirby's attempt is so adorable.

Last part of this post. For the guys getting Fates, which version are you planning on buying? If it gets released in the west (I really hope it does) I'm going to buy the Special Edition version. Hopefully, Fates will be released early 2016, otherwise I might cri
I'll definitely get all the version but will most like start with Hoshindo, then go to Nohr and then still with Invisible Kingdom.

Hopeful they release a special edition New 3ds with the game
I just noticed it now, but I have more posts than people who joined the boards last year.
geez.
I know how you feel.

I have some how post more comments than people who joined the board YEARS ago.

What am I doing with my life?

Well, the problem with Young Link is that people don't see him as the potential that he has (being a completely own character based on other items in the Zelda franchise) but the clone that everyone thinks he'd become. It doesn't help that they didn't Luigify Toon Link, though I think IF Young Link would make it in, he'd get at least some changes to feel different, like Roy.
Exactly. Thank you for seeing it this way. Seriously, on the RTC thread, Young Link is now some how the lowest ranked vet to return to smash. To be perfectly honest, I actually think that Young Link has a high chance than not only Pichu but also Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Paper Mario should not compared to Young Link. This is coming from a fan of both. Please do not compare him to Young Link.
Paper Mario is very different from Mario and represents an entire series of highly-regarded RPGs.
Young Link is a slightly different variation of Link. The one way to feasible make him a worthwhile inclusion, Mask transformations, is impossible because transforming characters are out.
With that logic, of course he's going to get low ratings.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Paper Mario should not compared to Young Link. This is coming from a fan of both. Please do not compare him to Young Link.
Paper Mario is very different from Mario and represents an entire series of highly-regarded RPGs.
Young Link is a slightly different variation of Link. The one way to feasible make him a worthwhile inclusion, Mask transformations, is impossible because transforming characters are out.
but paper Mario is mr game and watch. just Mario.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Okay. But what makes you say that Paper Mario is identical to Mr. Game & Watch?
I am not saying he is not going to play like G&W. it is just that they are about the same height, would both be light weights and there a ton of Mario characters already.

Luigi
Dr Mario.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am not saying he is not going to play like G&W. it is just that they are about the same height, would both be light weights and there a ton of Mario characters already.
Luigi
Dr Mario.
Objectionsml.png

Previously, you said this:
but paper Mario is mr game and watch. just Mario.
"paper mario is mr. game and watch".
Not, "is like" but "is". But now you say, they wouldn't even play alike.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey guys.

There's someone I'd like to introduce to the thread. He goes by @ Hukster Hukster , an old friend of mine from another community who sometimes visits Smashboards. He plays Ness and Lucas mainly but also has a nice Robin, as I've seen from this afternoon.

He might not be around much, so I'm giving him a reason to. Make him feel welcome here. :)

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
Hey guys.

There's someone I'd like to introduce to the thread. He goes by @ Hukster Hukster , an old friend of mine from another community who sometimes visits Smashboards. He plays Ness and Lucas mainly but also has a nice Robin, as I've seen from this afternoon.

He might not be around much, so I'm giving him a reason to. Make him feel welcome here. :)
Obligatory welcome image go!
Welcome to the boards yo. I am smokebomb12, but I like to go by Guilty crown.
Thanks for the welcomes guys! ^^

Liquid, I'll try to visit here more often, although sometimes I just don't know what to say. xD Forgive me if I forget.

Moydow, a Robin forever a Robin? o: Especially now that I've been brought to this topic?

I'll try my best to remember to call you Guilty Crown. :p I may forget, my memory can be pretty bad. Haha.

I also go by the name Rezid or Tamluka if anyone was curious.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ Moydow Moydow

Liquid, I'll try to visit here more often, although sometimes I just don't know what to say. xD Forgive me if I forget.
If you ain't got anything to say, join in on the discussion! There's certainly a variety of topics here to prevent this thread getting dull. :)

And hey, someone says anything, a discussion starts from it. Don't be afraid to speak up. :cheep:

Last edited:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu

Moydow, a Robin forever a Robin? o: Especially now that I've been brought to this topic?

I'll try my best to remember to call you Guilty Crown. :p I may forget, my memory can be pretty bad. Haha.

Aaaaay welcome to the Robin social thread. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
@ Hukster Hukster hey gorl welcome to the Robin social, where only half the people here actually main Robin!

Yew should also stop by at the Zelda social too, where even less people main Zelda! :secretkpop:

Now that I've beat Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, it's time to start playing the next game...

View attachment 61945

Wait...
This is the single best thing I have ever seen.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

Fire Emblem complete until Roy amiibo! Aw yiss. They seriously look the best out of all the amiibos... Except for maybe Shulk. Who, if you ask people who haven't played Fire Emblem or Xenoblade, "might as well be from Fire Emblem"

Also, my friend is making me a custom female Robin, I will be sure to post.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
???

But I never mentioned Paper Mario, unless you weren't talk to me. Even so, I have never really seen Paper Mario as a 3rd Mario. However, Young Link could still get into smash with a Majora's Mask moveset, he just doesn't transform. Also, he could use a Hyrule Warriors moveset
Hey guys.

Thanks for the welcomes guys! ^^.
Well G'Day Huckster, welcome to the Robin Threads.

I am Unknown Hero. All you really need to know about me is the I love Young Link and that if I find you unreasonable disrespecting him, we are going to have a problem. Also, I can be very childish.

Other wise, again, welcome :D.

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
@ Hukster Hukster hey gorl welcome to the Robin social, where only half the people here actually main Robin!

Yew should also stop by at the Zelda social too, where even less people main Zelda! :secretkpop:

This is the single best thing I have ever seen.
|

Oh yeah, I've been in the Zelda social a few times, sort of fell through forgetting to check the posts. xD Had some nice discussions with them though. :p

And thanks for the welcomes again! ^^

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
One of the writers of Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney worked on Fates' "Invisible Kingdom" plot, and on some of the games' support conversations.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/1...worked-on-fire-emblem-fates-third-story-path/
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55869

"Phoenix" mode, indeed.

I'm not familiar with the guy's work on Senran Kagura (I have heard of the games though, so we don't need to discuss them here :p), but based on DD... meh. The writing was decent, but nowhere near the level of the original trilogy. As for PL vs AA, though, I liked that game (right up until near the end where it goes a bit odd). Well, either way we should at least be getting something better than Apollo Justice (not that that's too difficult :p)

Top Bottom