• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Indeed. As you have guessed, :039: has evolved to :040: and will be revealed this month!

Really, though. I don't expect anything until August, but I 100% approve of being wrong.
I expect 1-2 veteran reveals this month, but no newcomers.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Mother turns 25 on the 27th.

Will Sakurai deliver?
A Mother character I wasn't anticipating, but maybe. We might get a Lucas announcement or something. At this point I doubt if there's one Earthbound or F-Zero rep there will be starters from either series. If we get a Mother rep announced before release, I will fully believe both Lucas and Ness are playable in the game. I don't anticipate an FE newcomer reveal until post-release.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Hmm... Awakening's women, hm?

I suppose Maribelle and Cherche are all I've got. They have personalities I can mesh well with. At least we can enjoy tea together.
Oh god, I hate Maribelle so much... she is way too stuck up in her perception of nobility and too judgmental upon those who don't uphold that ideal, maybe it gets better because I really haven't seen many support conversations with her. She can sit near the bottom of the list a long with Miriel since Miriel takes studying so far like she doesn't even seem human...

Tharja is interesting but creepy... not sure why she is so popular.

Although I guess I kind of like Aversa in a weird way so I guess I have displaced my interest to some other creep. /shrug.

Luminario

Smash Lord
A Mother character I wasn't anticipating, but maybe. We might get a Lucas announcement or something. At this point I doubt if there's one Earthbound or F-Zero rep there will be starters from either series. If we get a Mother rep announced before release, I will fully believe both Lucas and Ness are playable in the game. I don't anticipate an FE newcomer reveal until post-release.
Lucas? Ness? no no no no no Kumatora is where it's at now :L

Hong

The Strongest
Oh god, I hate Maribelle so much... she is way too stuck up in her perception of nobility and too judgmental upon those who don't uphold that ideal, maybe it gets better because I really haven't seen many support conversations with her.
Nope. She is basically immensely stuck up almost all the time. Overall sweet, but oft misguided.

To each their own, of course. (◡‿◡✿)
Tharja is interesting but creepy... not sure why she is so popular.
Because she exists to be sexy and make the player who inserts themselves as My Unit to find a virtual character obsessing with them fascinated. She has her own confession backdrop for a reason.

If you don't find her sexy, she is just boring. Generic fan-fic self-insert thrown together by a 14-year-old.

For what it's worth, while I don't find the design arousing, I think the Dark Mage design is really cool. Much more interesting than the generic Emperor Palpatine dark wizard knock-off they had before.
Although I guess I kind of like Aversa in a weird way so I guess I have displaced my interest to some other creep. /shrug.
Now that is someone I don't like. At all.

I was hoping she would pull some trump card out for why she is such a horribly designed character, but she never does.
Lucas? Ness? no no no no no Kumatora is where it's at now :L
I like you.

As a huge Mother fan, getting Lucas in addition to Ness is a horrible thing to do. Why not add Ninten while we're at it? Completely ignore two other recurring character archetypes. It's even worse because Lucas feels like a "patched" Ness, as if they were okay with the fact Ness's designed stopped working during Smash 64's life-span alone and just wanted people to not use him.

IMO add Ninten. Give him the best of Ness and Lucas combined. Let the player pick colour palettes that match the other two. If they want another Mother representative, give us someone that does something different.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
If you don't find her sexy, she is just boring. Generic fan-fic self-insert thrown together by a 14-year-old.

For what it's worth, while I don't find the design arousing, I think the Dark Mage design is really cool. Much more interesting than the generic Emperor Palpatine dark wizard knock-off they had before.Now that is someone I don't like. At all.
Well I guess that's what Aversa has over Tharja. The characters in general are represented to be attractive but I find Tharja sub-par in that regard.

But of course nothing beats a genuinely kind hearted person.

Cherche and Cordelia are definitely more preferable.

as for the males Chrom, Robin and Kellam are more my style (I'm not jsut syaing that because they are the main characters..). Gaius is also a pretty fun and interesting character, I love all the nicknames he gives everyone. xD

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
as for the males Chrom, Robin and Kellam are more my style (I'm not jsut syaing that because they are the main characters..). Gaius is also a pretty fun and interesting character, I love all the nicknames he gives everyone. xD
Ah, the men...

Chrom is a given. Especially with Matthew Mercer on point.

Gaius as well is a very popular specimen. He's dirty, but he's honest about it, and not up too anything too rotten, either. He's smug, but witty. Cocky, but talented. Simple-minded, but capable of discussing finer points when needed. Indeed, no shock that Gaius is one of the most popular men, and you wouldn't need to see the statistics to know that. If I had to choose hasubando from Fire Emblem, it would be Gaius. Probably because he's the only member of the cast who likes candy more than me, and that's pretty impressive! :D

Lastly, I would give my third handkerchief to Gerome. He's just begging to be hugged.

While Brady is not the ideal romantic pursuit, he's probably one of the best and most well-written characters in Awakening.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Hmm... Awakening's women, hm?
Huh, looking through the roster I realize how hard that is for me to decide.
I guess Flavia and Sulley would be decent company but the earlier would probably crush me physicly and the latter one emotionally.
Lissa is fun, but suffers from little sister syndrome. Similiar thing going on with Lucina, she's great and all, but she's also my best friend's daughter. Same goes for all the other future kids. I guess one could argue that "problem" away easily, but it would still be at least a little weird to me.
Tharja's stalker thing is just weird to me, Cordelia, Cherche and Sumia are all kinda bland, Nowi looks like a little kid, Maribelle is too stuck up or at least seems to be. Aversa I thought for the longest time would be revealed to be Robin's mind controlled mother for some reason, so that feels just weird to me, too.
Then we have Miriel and Panne, who are both weird but seem to warm up over time.
Guess that leaves Olivia, Say'ri and Tiki in the top three.
Tiki it is.

Since I''ve been way to analytical about non-existent women, let's take a look at the guys, too:
Ricken is still pretty young, Frederick is way too formal for me, Virion is both french and noble so no, Donnel wears a pot as a helmet, Vaike could be a good buddy, but I don't see him as a romantic interest. Also, he's kind of a lech IIRC. Not sure if Henry wouldn't start to creep me out after a while. Lon'qu is too stern all the time. Libra is very devout, not my thing.
Guess there's Chrom, Gregor (though he's probably too old) and Gaius left.
Hm, that one is actually a tougher call than I thought. Though I'd guess Chrom would win by being my best buddy anyways.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Looks like another poll is making the rounds, and would you look at who is once again a lot more wanted than a lot of non-Fire Emblem fans give him/her credit for?

...I know, small sample size so far and all, but it's still a big deal that a turnout of mostly people who aren't as invested as us still have Robin in the top 10 and higher than any other FE character.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Well, I suppose I'll give this whole 'pick the top ones' a go too

The romantic interest for my Robin is often dependent on the age and whatever character archetype I've sort mentally role played my current Robin to be. I really have a lot of love for most of the characters in the game, but there are the ones I find it impossible not to gravitate towards each playthrough.
With an older male robin, I'd usually go with Tiki, Say'ri, or Anna. With the younger, Lucina, Severa, or Noire.
For my female Robin, older goes with Chrom, Frederick, or Libra. Younger Robin leans more towards Brady or Gerome.

If I had to narrow it down two my top two or anything, it'd probably take all night. But I have to say that my first S support (For any character) was entirely accidental and utterly hilarious, and will always be a bit special to me, with that being female Robin with Frederick. Being sheltered in the FE department, I had No idea that S support would initiate a marriage my first playthrough, but I did know that supporting was getting me awesome dialogue and better combat stats. So I basically perma-teamed my Robin and Frederick after the option became available because I was dying to hear how Frederick's picky eating crisis was to be resolved. Then, on that S support dialogue, I found myself to be just as surprised and taken aback as Robin was when Frederick popped the question, something I still chuckle about whenever I think about it.
Being the hopeless romantic I am, it was after that support that I new that I'd found something really special in buying Awakening. Not only was the gameplay phenomenal, and the FE universe wonderful and intriguing, but the writing (however utterly corny it may be at times) was engaging and captivating enough for me to blush and get excited for my avatar and their comrades, as their relationships and friendships developed.

...I need to stop before I need to pull out the spoiler tags. I could go on all night about how crazy I am, and how much I love FE:A.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
But I have to say that my first S support (For any character) was entirely accidental and utterly hilarious, and will always be a bit special to me, with that being female Robin with Frederick. Being sheltered in the FE department, I had No idea that S support would initiate a marriage my first playthrough, but I did know that supporting was getting me awesome dialogue and better combat stats. So I basically perma-teamed my Robin and Frederick after the option became available because I was dying to hear how Frederick's picky eating crisis was to be resolved.

...I need to stop before I need to pull out the spoiler tags. I could go on all night about how crazy I am, and how much I love FE:A.
Heh, I had something similiar happen to me. With Nowi of all characters. I decided to just roll with it, but in the end, I'm not all that fond of her, even without the icky pedophilia connotations. Though the Nah support dialogue afterwards was PRICELESS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's finally completed. It has magic! It has swords! It has versatility! It has traps! It has Grima! It's Drakonis' super amazing* completely complete Robin moveset!
*Your mileage may vary

Changed Down B 3: Lance to something that I think a lot more people will like, myself included. Added grabs, normal attacks, and aerials.

I've also taken some of the ideas from you guys, there's a lot of great ideas floating around here :D

:GCN::GCB:
Neutral B:
Neutral B 1: Astra
Think Mar Mar's Dancing Blade, but with a catch. Instead of changing how the next sword strike is perfomed, your directional input changes weither Robin strikes with his/her sword in close quarters or with a small magic spell (fire, bolt, wind) with some range.

Neutral B 2: Superior Jolt
Robin sends out a large, very slow moving ball lightning forward that stays onscreen for a prolonged period of time. When touched by an enemy, it will hit them a few times for low damage, giving just enough time to combo with it, then explode for mediocre knockback. It will also detonate when hit by a projectile, blocking it in the process.

Neutral B 3: Bowfaire
Robin pulls out a bow and starts drawing the string, similiar to Link. However, instead of increasing the range and power of a single arrow, the time spend charged changes the amount of shots fired consecutively. When fully charged, four arrows are shot quickly after another. You can aim while drawing and firing, but Robin is immobile during the attack.

:GCR::GCB:
Side B:
Side B 1: Ignis
Robin draws a sword, prepares to jump and attacks, based on weither or not you press B immediately after the attack again:
No additional button press: Robin jumps foward (similiar to his/her Tactician/Grand master Critical/Skill Proc animation), imbuing his blade with magic mid-air and landing a hard-hitting strike.
directly after side B: Instead of jumping foward Robin fakes out, almost instantly firing a ranged magic attack after which he/she dashes foward to further punish the opponent with the sword.

Side B 2: Luna
Robin jumps forward in a spinning slash with good range. Think the Hero class' critical animation. Hits multiple times with some knockback at the end. Can be used to get some horizontal recovery, but puts in helpless when used while airborne.

Side B 3: Axefair
Robin strikes with an axe. If the hit connects, the enemy will be staggered but not recieve any knockback. If it misses, he/she instead throws the axe forward which deals slight knockback.

:GCU::GCB:
Up B:
Up B 1: Galeforce
Robin strikes skywards in a corkscrew (think that one attack animation he/she has). Worse than mediocre recovery range. However, if you hit an enemy with it, Robin will not be put into helpless, regain the second jump and can use Galeforce again.

Up B 2: Excalibur
Robin creates a tornado with great vertical range around him/her and is carried upwards by it. Mediocre recovery.

Up B 3: Rescue Staff
Robin pulls out a rescue staff, charges it and throws it upwards. You can aim the throw and Robin is teleported to the staff at the throw's apex. Enemies hit by the staff will take a tiny amount of damage and won't stagger. Good range.

:GCD::GCB:
Down B:
Down B 1: Dual Guard
Morgan (appropriately of opposite gender to the chosen Robin skin) jumps onto the battlefield, pushing Robin behind the enemy and blocking the attack. Robin immediately counter attacks with a sword.
Mechanicly, this is basicly just a fancier looking version of Marth, Roy and Ike's down B counter attack that hits the enemy from the opposite direction. To put a bit more unique flare into it, Morgan always jumps in and pushesRobin. If no attack is blocked, Robin won't counter attack and stumble, leaving him/her open for an attack! Basicly a higher risk/reward version of the usual FE Counter.

Down B 2: Flux
Robin immediately jumps backwards and creates a dark zone where he/she stood. If an enemy steps on it, a ball of dark energy appears above the zone, raining down on it, dealing decent damage and spiking enemies.

Down B 3: Lancefaire
Robin pulls out a lance or spear. It works like an item, changing the As to melee attacks with long range and disjointed hitboxes. Can be thrown like any item, but disappears quickly.
While Robin holds the spear, pushing down B again will make Robin franticly dig up the ground, placing a Spear trap (and loosing the held lance in the process). Think Snake's down Smash. If any character steps on the trap, three spears shoot out of the ground and launch him or her upwards.

:GCCN:
Smashes:

:GCCR:
Side Smash: Thoron
Robin throws the good' ol lance of thunder foward. It has a short casting time before shooting out a long, straight beam of lighting that stays on screen for a short while and deals good damage and decent knockback. The opponents in the area will just have enough time to anticipate the casting delay and dodge to stay unharmed.

:GCCU:
Up Smash:
Mjöllnir
Robin calls down a large lightning bolt from above him after a short casting time during which a stormcloud forms above him/her, striking almost instantly afterwards. It's pretty wide and also hits enemies right next to Robin on the ground. Compared to Pikachu's Thunder, it has an initial delay, doesn't come from way that high up and the thunderbolt strikes the whole area almost instantly, dealing only very slightly reduced knockback and damage outside of the sweetspot just around Robin.

:GCCD:
Down Smash: Bolganone
The ground below Robin starts to seethe, erupting quickly and violently afterwards.

:GCA:
Standards:
:GCN::GCA:
Neutral A: Three hit combo.
Frst press: Robin strikes with the Sword. Second press: Robin whacks the enemy full force with a tome. Third press: Robin releases a blast of close range wind magic with decent knockback.

:GCR::GCA:
Side Tilt:
Robin lunges foward with a sword swipe.

:GCD::GCA:
Down Tilt:
Robin does a leg sweep, tripping enemies that are hit.

:GCU::GCA:
Up Tilt: Two hit Combo.
First press: Robin swipes upwards with the sword in a long arc. Second press: Robin sends a sickle of magical wind upwards. Short range but wide hitbox.

:GCR::GCR::GCA:
Charge attack:
Robin readies the sword mid-run and charges quickly through the enemy. Think the Assassin's critical/lethality proc.

:GCY::GCA:
Aerials:
Neutral Air:
Robin creates a small storm of wind sickles around him/her. Multiple hits.

:GCY::GCR::GCA:
Forwards Air: (Micaiah's) Pyre
Robin creats a small meteor above him/her that flies downwards in a 25° angle.

:GCY::GCL::GCA:
Backwards Air:
Robin swipes backwards with the sword. Using the momentum, he/she also delivers a kick shortly after.

:GCY::GCU::GCA:
Up Air:
Using a sword, Robin strikes upwards in a corkscrew motion. Think the Tactician/Grandmaster animation.

:GCY::GCD::GCA:
Down Air:
Robin shoots three small, short range fireballs below him/her.

:GCZ:
Grabs:
:GCZ::GCA:
Pummel:
Robin decks the enemy in the snozz. Classic, but effective.

:GCZ::GCR:
Forward Throw:
Robin knees the enemy and then launches them by swiping the sword horizontally.

:GCZ::GCL:
Backward Throw:
Robin throws the enemy backwards and sends a fiery combustion their way, launching Robin away from the enemy and sending the foe flying.

:GCZ::GCU:
Up Throw:
Robin throws the enemy into the air, stabs them with the sword and then let's a small lightning bolt strike it, sending the enemy flying.

:GCZ::GCD:
Down Throw:
Robin holds the enemy tight and creates a small Thoron blade to impale them. The good old cutscene stab. Good damage, but doesn't launch the foe, similiar to Snake's down throw.

Final Smash: Invisible Ties
The screen halts as a small closeup of Robin's eyes flashes over the screen as he/she announces: "Time to tip the scales!"
Flying in from offscreen - similiar to the Awakening boxcover art - Awakening characters will strike at random enemies. The order of appearing characters is set but every single one has a unique attack so you can't just evade every single one the same way. If Lucina isn't playable, she might even come in from the bottom of the screen to mimic the cover art even more

:GCDpad:
Taunts:
Up Taunt:
Robin holds his/her tome in front of her chest, bows and says "Now that's strategy!"
Side Taunt:
Robin twirls his/her sword before doing a striking motion with it and and says "Predictable!"
Down Taunt:
Robin gets enveloped by dark flames, eyes glowing red, and does the Grima laugh.

Victory:
#1:
Sits there reading a tome, not acknowledging the camera, with a chess table next to him/her with some Smash character figurines on it.
#2:
Starts facing away from the camera and burning with dark flames, turns to the camera to show red eyes under the darkened cowl.
#3:
Morgan runs up to hug Robin, Chrom/Lucina (if one of them does not end up being playable, otherwise Tiki) walks over and puts a hand on Robin's shoulder
Chrom/Lucina: Good work!
Morgan: I knew you could do it!
Robin, smiling: Heh. Thanks!

I'm fairly proud of this one, overall. What do you guys think?
Hope you don't mind me already updating it again, @ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man . ;)

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
Heh, I had something similiar happen to me. With Nowi of all characters. I decided to just roll with it, but in the end, I'm not all that fond of her, even without the icky pedophilia connotations. Though the Nah support dialogue afterwards was PRICELESS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's finally completed. It has magic! It has swords! It has versatility! It has traps! It has Grima! It's Drakonis' super amazing* completely complete Robin moveset!
*Your mileage may vary

Changed Down B 3: Lance to something that I think a lot more people will like, myself included. Added grabs, normal attacks, and aerials.

I've also taken some of the ideas from you guys, there's a lot of great ideas floating around here :D

:GCB:
Neutral B:
:GCN::GCB:
Neutral B 1: Astra
Think Mar Mar's Dancing Blade, but with a catch. Instead of changing how the next sword strike is perfomed, your directional input changes weither Robin strikes with his/her sword in close quarters or with a small magic spell (fire, bolt, wind) with some range.

Neutral B 2: Superior Jolt
Robin sends out a large, very slow moving ball lightning forward that stays onscreen for a prolonged period of time. When touched by an enemy, it will hit them a few times for low damage, giving just enough time to combo with it, then explode for mediocre knockback. It will also detonate when hit by a projectile, blocking it in the process.

Neutral B 3: Bowfaire
Robin pulls out a bow and starts drawing the string, similiar to Link. However, instead of increasing the range and power of a single arrow, the time spend charged changes the amount of shots fired consecutively. When fully charged, four arrows are shot quickly after another. You can aim while drawing and firing, but Robin is immobile during the attack.

:GCR::GCB:
Side B:
Side B 1: Ignis
Robin draws a sword, prepares to jump and attacks, based on weither or not you press B immediately after the attack again:
No additional button press: Robin jumps foward (similiar to his/her Tactician/Grand master Critical/Skill Proc animation), imbuing his blade with magic mid-air and landing a hard-hitting strike.
directly after side B: Instead of jumping foward Robin fakes out, almost instantly firing a ranged magic attack after which he/she dashes foward to further punish the opponent with the sword.

Side B 2: Luna
Robin jumps forward in a spinning slash with good range. Think the Hero class' critical animation. Hits multiple times with some knockback at the end. Can be used to get some horizontal recovery, but puts in helpless when used while airborne.

Side B 3: Axefair
Robin strikes with an axe. If the hit connects, the enemy will be staggered but not recieve any knockback. If it misses, he/she instead throws the axe forward which deals slight knockback.

:GCU::GCB:
Up B:
Up B 1: Galeforce
Robin strikes skywards in a corkscrew (think that one attack animation he/she has). Worse than mediocre recovery range. However, if you hit an enemy with it, Robin will not be put into helpless, regain the second jump and can use Galeforce again.

Up B 2: Excalibur
Robin creates a tornado with great vertical range around him/her and is carried upwards by it. Mediocre recovery.

Up B 3: Rescue Staff
Robin pulls out a rescue staff, charges it and throws it upwards. You can aim the throw and Robin is teleported to the staff at the throw's apex. Enemies hit by the staff will take a tiny amount of damage and won't stagger. Good range.

:GCD::GCB:
Down B:
Down B 1: Dual Guard
Morgan (appropriately of opposite gender to the chosen Robin skin) jumps onto the battlefield, pushing Robin behind the enemy and blocking the attack. Robin immediately counter attacks with a sword.
Mechanicly, this is basicly just a fancier looking version of Marth, Roy and Ike's down B counter attack that hits the enemy from the opposite direction. To put a bit more unique flare into it, Morgan always jumps in and pushesRobin. If no attack is blocked, Robin won't counter attack and stumble, leaving him/her open for an attack! Basicly a higher risk/reward version of the usual FE Counter.

Down B 2: Flux
Robin immediately jumps backwards and creates a dark zone where he/she stood. If an enemy steps on it, a ball of dark energy appears above the zone, raining down on it, dealing decent damage and spiking enemies.

Down B 3: Lancefaire
Robin pulls out a lance or spear. It works like an item, changing the As to melee attacks with long range and disjointed hitboxes. Can be thrown like any item, but disappears quickly.
While Robin holds the spear, pushing down B again will make Robin franticly dig up the ground, placing a Spear trap (and loosing the held lance in the process). Think Snake's down Smash. If any character steps on the trap, three spears shoot out of the ground and launch him or her upwards.

:GCCN:
Smashes:

:GCCR:
Side Smash: Thoron
Robin throws the good' ol lance of thunder foward. It has a short casting time before shooting out a long, straight beam of lighting that stays on screen for a short while and deals good damage and decent knockback. The opponents in the area will just have enough time to anticipate the casting delay and dodge to stay unharmed.

:GCCU:
Up Smash:
Mjöllnir
Robin calls down a large lightning bolt from above him after a short casting time during which a stormcloud forms above him/her, striking almost instantly afterwards. It's pretty wide and also hits enemies right next to Robin on the ground. Compared to Pikachu's Thunder, it has an initial delay, doesn't come from way that high up and the thunderbolt strikes the whole area almost instantly, dealing only very slightly reduced knockback and damage outside of the sweetspot just around Robin.

:GCCD:
Down Smash: Bolganone
The ground below Robin starts to seethe, erupting quickly and violently afterwards.

:GCA:
Standards:
:GCN::GCA:
Neutral A: Three hit combo.
Frst press: Robin strikes with the Sword. Second press: Robin whacks the enemy full force with a tome. Third press: Robin releases a blast of close range wind magic with decent knockback.

:GCR::GCA:
Side Tilt:
Robin lunges foward with a sword swipe.

:GCD::GCA:
Down Tilt:
Robin does a leg sweep, tripping enemies that are hit.

:GCU::GCA:
Up Tilt: Two hit Combo.
First press: Robin swipes upwards with the sword in a long arc. Second press: Robin sends a sickle of magical wind upwards. Short range but wide hitbox.

Aerials:
Neutral Air:
Robin creates a small storm of wind sickles around him/her. Multiple hits.

:GCY::GCR::GCA:
Side Air: (Micaiah's) Pyre
Robin creats a small meteor above him/her that flies downwards in a 25° angle.

:GCY::GCU::GCA:
Up Air:
Using a sword, Robin strikes upwards in a corkscrew motion. Think the Tactician/Grandmaster animation.

:GCY::GCD::GCA:
Down Air:
Robin shoots three small, short range fireballs below him/her.

:GCZ:
Grabs:
:GCZ::GCA:
Pummel:
Robin decks the enemy in the snozz. Classic, but effective.

:GCZ::GCR:
Forward Throw:
Robin knees the enemy and then launches them by swiping the sword horizontally.

:GCZ::GCL:
Backward Throw:
Robin throws the enemy backwards and sends a fiery combustion their way, launching Robin away from the enemy and sending the foe flying.

:GCZ::GCU:
Up Throw:
Robin throws the enemy into the air, stabs them with the sword and then let's a small lightning bolt strike it, sending the enemy flying.

:GCZ::GCD:
Down Throw:
Robin hold the enemy tight and creates a small Thoron to stab them with. The good old cutscene stab. Good damage, but doesn't launch the foe, similiar to Snake's down throw.

Final Smash: Invisible Ties
The screen halts as a small closeup of Robin's eyes flashes over the screen as he/she announces: "Time to tip the scales!"
Flying in from offscreen - similiar to the Awakening boxcover art - Awakening characters will strike at random enemies. The order of appearing characters is set but every single one has a unique attack so you can't just evade every single one the same way. If Lucina isn't playable, she might even come in from the bottom of the screen to mimic the cover art even more

:GCDpad:
Taunts:
Up Taunt:
Robin holds his/her tome in front of her chest, bows and says "Now that's strategy!"
Side Taunt:
Robin twirls his/her sword before doing a striking motion with and and says "Predictable!"
Down Taunt:
Robin gets enveloped by dark flames, eyes glowing red, and does the Grima laugh.

Victory:
#1:
Sits there reading a tome, not acknowledging the camera, with a chess table next to him/her with some Smash character figurines on it.
#2:
Starts facing away from the camera and burning with dark flames, turns to the camera to show red eyes under the darkened cowl.
#3:
Morgan runs up to hug Robin, Chrom/Lucina (if one of them does not end up being playable, otherwise Tiki) walks over and puts a hand on Robin's shoulder
Chrom/Lucina: Good work!
Morgan: I knew you could do it!
Robin, smiling: Heh. Thanks!

I'm fairly prowd of this one, overall. What do you guys think?
Hope you don't mind me already updating it again, @ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man . ;)
I love it. I visualized most of it, and liked what I 'saw'. Many wonderful references in the move titles as well. Also, an utterly stupid grin covered my face when I read that final smash. :chuckle:

I personally am not at all qualified to speak on how balanced or realistic such a move set might be, so I can offer no technical insight. But definitely a good read! :bee:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Ah, the men...

Chrom is a given. Especially with Matthew Mercer on point.

Gaius as well is a very popular specimen. He's dirty, but he's honest about it, and not up too anything too rotten, either. He's smug, but witty. Cocky, but talented. Simple-minded, but capable of discussing finer points when needed. Indeed, no shock that Gaius is one of the most popular men, and you wouldn't need to see the statistics to know that. If I had to choose hasubando from Fire Emblem, it would be Gaius. Probably because he's the only member of the cast who likes candy more than me, and that's pretty impressive! :D

Lastly, I would give my third handkerchief to Gerome. He's just begging to be hugged.

While Brady is not the ideal romantic pursuit, he's probably one of the best and most well-written characters in Awakening.
My favourite guy is Yarne he's such a scared-y Bun but he can be so brave and is a great unit overall.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Well I was more referring to if it was actually me rather than my Avatar... if I want to pop up a list for fun...

Buddies: Kellam.
Friends: Stahl, Donnel, Robin.
Acquaintances: Owain, Ricken, Chrom, Gaius, Inigo.
Neutral: Frederick, Lon'Qu, Vaike, Libra, Gregor, Basilio, Gerome, Brady.
Dislike: Virion, Yarne.

At least for the men not counting spot-pass characters.
(and like Kellam I do often think of how much I stand out... I noticed I'm still not on the "tactician's" list...)

Luminario

Smash Lord
IS Tharja supposed to be attractive? I thought she was meant to look like an underweight unhealthy looking person who looks like she needs sleep (kind of why i identified with her the most out of the cast even though I haven't played the game, me being an underweight unhealthy looking person who looks like she needs sleep and gets kind of obsessed but I won't go into that right now).

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
IS Tharja supposed to be attractive? I thought she was meant to look like an underweight unhealthy looking person who looks like she needs sleep (kind of why i identified with her the most out of the cast even though I haven't played the game, me being an underweight unhealthy looking person who looks like she needs sleep and gets kind of obsessed but I won't go into that right now).
Well, there is a conversation between her an Nowi in the US version of one of the DLC maps where Nowi says she overheard some of the males talking about "Tharja's nice boingy bits". Leading to Nowi wanting to feel Tharja up.
The European version changed it to her hair.
I'm fairly certain there are also some support conversations talking about how good looking she is, but those didn't stick in my mind.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Well, there is a conversation between her an Nowi in the US version of one of the DLC maps where Nowi says she overheard some of the males talking about "Tharja's nice boingy bits". Leading to Nowi wanting to feel Tharja up.
Thats... unusual.

Oh and I asked this in the Chrom thread but it might be more appropriate here but does anyone know if the gematsu leak that had Chrom in it happened before or after Ike was revealed to be returning?
Also has anyone shown what Ike would look like with a Chrom palette?

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
The most likely scenario is that Sakurai mentions MOTHER 3 and then goes on to spit a fireball at M3 fans and reveal a StarFox character.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Thats... unusual.

Oh and I asked this in the Chrom thread but it might be more appropriate here but does anyone know if the gematsu leak that had Chrom in it happened before or after Ike was revealed to be returning?
Chrom was mentioned by Gematsu before Ike was revealed.

Also, Ike with a Chrom palette wouldn't look that different from regular Ike.

D

Deleted member

If Yarne wasn't a coward he'd be cool (although I will say that I shipped Donnel x Panne and Yarne was a killing machine as a result), I don't like Virion because he chases women all the time, which is dumb to me, and I don't like Ricken that much either because of his childish nature.

Lon' Qu is a boss.
Gerome is a total boss (as soon as I saw him I married Morgan to him immediately)
Stahl is a boss
Frederick is a boss
Henry is a total boss (my favorite male from Awakening)
Donnel is alright.
Gregor is alright.
I find Owain and Inigo amusing.
Chrom is neutral.

Also I forgot about Say'ri, I'd marry her and maybe Panne too.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I was wondering about Robin's age. If Chrom is supposed to be around 19, does this mean Robin is at least as old as he is?

Depending on how you make them look, but I always thought that regardless of his/her appearance, that they were a late teen.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I was wondering about Robin's age. If Chrom is supposed to be around 19, does this mean Robin is at least as old as he is?

Depending on how you make them look, but I always thought that regardless of his/her appearance, that they were a late teen.
I kind of pictured Robin being in his/her early twenties, give or take a few years based on what model is used.

Then again, I thought Chrom was in his mid-twenties...

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'm with False Sense here. I thought they both where early twenties, though Robin's age would vary based on looks.

Hong

The Strongest
Wow. So many posts and I was not even asleep for long. ^~^'
@ Another K-2L Survivor Another K-2L Survivor I understand. Dating sims are intended to substitute love in a country with the most substituted love. While Fire Emblem: Awakening is not a dating sim, the dating sim aspects can have the feeling of engaging the player by witnessing variable romantic implications.

@ Drakonis Drakonis Great moveset!
Well, I made a lengthy post on the subject if you wanted a read. It details that, while the Gematsu leak is no doubt at least partially true, it is outdated and incomplete.
1) No game in history has ever gone as planned
There is NO WAY you can ever have all the characters, features, stages, etc. work out as planned. Especially within the first year, things that sounded awesome in paper just don't work as you had hoped. For example, for all we know they could have planned to have Chrom replace Ike, but decided against it. Even the most experienced, most prestigious developers in the industry have to adapt their flow as they move along. It's just a natural part of the process, and there's nothing wrong with it.

2) Sakurai is stubborn, but still volatile
Related to the above. While this isn't related to my experience and knowledge of game design, it is related to Sakurai.

Sakurai claims the roster had been decided from the beginning, and this is true; but it is nigh impossible to be set in stone. Every single one of his games, from Kirby to Smash Bros, has unused content, proof of things removed, things partially added, and he even talks about things that don't work. This is a part of the game design process. The "Forbidden Seven" is a popular example, but it goes way deeper than that. To think Melee could have had Leif and not Roy, Lucas and not Ness. There is no doubt they were on a design document from the start, too.

As stubborn as Sakurai is, even he has had to change his plans all the time. That said, with Brawl he clearly bit more than he could chew, and he is likely avoid it with Smash 4. That is why he would try to have a stricter plan from the beginning and stick to it from the beginning.

3) A lot of people will have information that are not touching the game
As I have mentioned before, even with a top secret project like Smash Bros, a lot of hands will be touching this information. The fact it gets leaked so close to when it is revealed, and the leaker used a term specifically for the English localization, supports the fact it's not anyone involved with the development team themselves.

The first and likely possibility is the leaker is someone who screens the content at e3. Since, you know, it will be seen by thousands in person and millions around the world, hundreds of thousands of those watching it live. The second possibility is someone involved with licensing, since even if you are using an IP that is 100% internal and owned by Nintendo, there is still lots of paperwork involved, which is heavily reflected by all the text you will see under the title screen of a Smash Bros game. And of course the last possibility is someone at any level of marketing. While I doubt someone from Treehouse is a leaker, with such a massive marketing department, Nintendo like any company will send things to marketing when they need them to work their magic. With an IP as big and important as Smash Bros, they will need to get everything they can on top of it to make it good and make it fast.
Needless to say, there are some dozen reasons why the information can be outdated or incomplete.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I've been away because of Awakening. I love it. A little too much. Hard mode is the perfect difficulty for me. Makes me think without making me get frustrated.

I've accidentally overleveled Robin massively because I like using her too much, though. Oops.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've been away because of Awakening. I love it. A little too much. Hard mode is the perfect difficulty for me. Makes me think without making me get frustrated.

I've accidentally overleveled Robin massively because I like using her too much, though. Oops.
Yeah, Robin can kind of break the game if you make him/her too strong.

Anyway, it's nice to hear that you enjoy Awakening. Has playing through the game changed your opinion on Robin or Chrom at all?

Luminario

Smash Lord
Wow. So many posts and I was not even asleep for long. ^~^'

Well, I made a lengthy post on the subject if you wanted a read. It details that, while the Gematsu leak is no doubt at least partially true, it is outdated and incomplete.
Needless to say, there are some dozen reasons why the information can be outdated or incomplete.
I actually read that the first time you posted it and I completely agree with you which is why I'm still being incredibly stubborn and not accepting the Chrom part of the leak, or the Shulk part or the Chorus men part. Chroms name was thrown in during the time when it was generally accepted that he would replace Ike as the heavy blue lord with a sword but since Ike is back it throws that part off completely. Since the leaker had access to E3 info he easily could have used it to give the other leak validity.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here but i refuse to believe that there will be three blue haired lords with swords representing Fire Emblem. I don't care if he's the face of Awakening since we already have the face of the general Fire Emblem franchise (Marth) and I need more reasons than he's on an outdated semi-correct leak and he's ONE of the main characters in Awakening which has so many more promising characters

I could be completely wrong and Sakurai doesn't give a **** but until i see his gorgeous face in the website i refuse to believe he's in.

God i came here a few months ago to look for Peach alt costumes and Tharja movesets and I've become a militant Robin supporter. What have you people done to me...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, Robin can kind of break the game if you make him/her too strong.

Anyway, it's nice to hear that you enjoy Awakening. Has playing through the game changed your opinion on Robin or Chrom at all?
Robin's personality is not nonexistant like most Avatar characters'. It's more fitting having her be her own character than trying to make her you. I made her the default female avatar because of that (did change her to be +magic and -strength, though).

Chrom is a rehash, but isn't boring, per se. Anyone who hadn't played other Fire Emblem games wouldn't think he's bland. I'd argue that the "blue haired swordsman" phenomenon is a result of IS rehashing character archetypes. They're reusing what's worked for them in the past, and Chrom is just another character in the "Marth" archetype (Ike debatably is as well, but breaks the mold a lot and is sort of a combination of the "Marth" and "Ogma" archetypes).

And, going further than that:

Frederick is blander than Chrom by a longshot.
I don't like Maribelle. Not because of her personality but because she's so ridiculously frail.
I cannot figure out how to use Vaike well.
Are archers difficult to use in hard mode, or is it just me?
Kellam makes for good laughs at first, but his gimmick's getting boring fast.
I like Donnel. Both personality-wise and growth wise. Bet he's going to be an amazing unit later on.
Pairing up is totally broken.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Robin's personality is not nonexistant like most Avatar characters'. It's more fitting having her be her own character than trying to make her you. I made her the default female avatar because of that (did change her to be +magic and -strength, though).

Chrom is a rehash, but isn't boring, per se. Anyone who hadn't played other Fire Emblem games wouldn't think he's bland. I'd argue that the "blue haired swordsman" phenomenon is a result of IS rehashing character archetypes. They're reusing what's worked for them in the past, and Chrom is just another character in the "Marth" archetype (Ike debatably is as well, but breaks the mold a lot and is sort of a combination of the "Marth" and "Ogma" archetypes).

And, going further than that:

Frederick is blander than Chrom by a longshot.
I don't like Maribelle. Not because of her personality but because she's so ridiculously frail.
I cannot figure out how to use Vaike well.
Are archers difficult to use in hard mode, or is it just me?
Kellam makes for good laughs at first, but his gimmick's getting boring fast.
I like Donnel. Both personality-wise and growth wise. Bet he's going to be an amazing unit later on.
Pairing up is totally broken.
Robin and Chrom's personalities are both pretty bland, if ya ask me. Even not counting other FE games, Chrom's personality traits basically extend to "wants to save the world." Robin at least has that and "likes books" too.
Honestly, I found Frederick quite a bit more interesting than Chrom, but that's just me. Can't argue with your other points, though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Robin and Chrom's personalities are both pretty bland, if ya ask me. Even not counting other FE games, Chrom's personality traits basically extend to "wants to save the world." Robin at least has that and "likes books" too.
Honestly, I found Frederick quite a bit more interesting than Chrom, but that's just me. Can't argue with your other points, though.
They're both pretty bland, I agree. But I just can't bring myself to like Frederick. He just doesn't seem real at all. He seems like "Mr. Perfect Soldier" to me. I'll have to see if he's any more interesting as the story progresses, but he's not appealing to me at all so far.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Pretty much every character in Awakening has some level of blandness since IS was blatantly cashing in on every dating sim stereotype imaginable.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's not so much blandness as it is that they are using simplistic version of archetypes that easily bounce off each other without being extremely complicated or difficult to follow. There are advantage to this type to characterization particularly when trying to reach a larger audiance which they were obviously trying to do, it's simple to follow and immediately makes a connection to the characterization because we understand how these tropes interact, however it true that in the long run it does make characters less engaging and may turn people away from it.

The same thing goes for more realistic characters, in the long run more complex and human characters will provide a deeper connection for the person observing it and they are generally better characters. However, even with that there is a risk of making them difficult to understand or less interesting intially requiring to be built over time that may or may not hold someone's attention long enough for them to become interested.

The Trope vs Complex characters both have their advantages and disadvantages it's more dependent on what the work is trying to go for and who is viewing it.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Their personalities aren't quite as deep, yeah, which is both to make them more accessible(Is that the word I want?) to a wider audience and because they needed to make it so the support conversations could happen at any time and still make sense. They're definitely not flat, though, and I give IS props for that.

Robin does have a personality, and I want to say it was meant to feel very gamer-like so players could relate.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He has a personality. I don't see why people find it so much better than Chrom's though. If anything characters like Anna and Tharja have more charm than both of them. Not to say I dislike Robin or Chrom, I just feel like you're comparing two.. asymetrical "We're the heroes!" characters and saying one is super bland while the other isnt.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
While some say Awakening isn't like the other FE games at all, it did save the franchise from extinction, so we have that be thankful for. So something like character simplicity isn't that major of an issue in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
He has a personality. I don't see why people find it so much better than Chrom's though. If anything characters like Anna and Tharja have more charm than both of them. Not to say I dislike Robin or Chrom, I just feel like you're comparing two.. asymetrical "We're the heroes!" characters and saying one is super bland while the other isnt.
I think most of us agree that they're both fairly bland characters from a personality perspective.

Top Bottom