• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Red (enemy)
Green (neutral)
Blue (ally)
Default (hooded edition)
Lavender (Katarina for ♀, Pent for ♂)

Of course, default will have default hair, and then the others will sport various hair styles and colours.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Red (enemy)
Green (neutral)
Blue (ally)
Default (hooded edition)
Lavender (Katarina for ♀, Pent for ♂)

Of course, default will have default hair, and then the others will sport various hair styles and colours.
If the hooded edition had the Avatar's eyes glowing malevolently to signify his connection to/ the influence of Grima that would be so amazing.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
If the hooded edition had the Avatar's eyes glowing malevolently to signify his connection to/ the influence of Grima that would be so amazing.
That's more of a taunt thing I feel:

*get's enveloped by dark flames, eyes glowing red and does the Grima laugh*

Either as a taunt or a victory screen.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Here's my new and improved super amazing extended 12 specials Robin moveset. It's very similiar to my last one, but I made some changes to some of the more boring specials and added the smashes, taunts and victory screens. Every thing else will follow in a future update.
I've also taken some of the ideas from you guys, there's a lot of great ideas floating around here :D

:GCB:
Neutral B 1: Astra
Think Mar Mar's Dancing Blade, but with a catch. Instead of changing how the next sword strike is perfomed, your directional input changes weither Robin strikes with his/her sword in close quarters or with a small magic spell (fire, bolt, wind) with some range.

Neutral B 2: Superior Jolt
Robin sends out a large, very slow moving ball lightning forward that stays onscreen for a prolonged period of time. When touched by an enemy, it will hit them a few times for low damage, giving just enough time to combo with it, then explode for mediocre knockback. It will also detonate when hit by a projectile, blocking it in the process.

Neutral B 3: Bowfaire
Robin pulls out a bow and starts drawing the string, similiar to Link. However, instead of increasing the range and power of a single arrow, the time spend charged changes the amount of shots fired consecutively. When fully charged, four arrows are shot quickly after another. You can aim while drawing and firing, but Robin is immobile during the attack.

:GCR::GCB:
Side B 1: Ignis
Robin draws a sword, prepares to jump and attacks, based on weither or not you press B immediately after the attack again:
No additional button press: Robin jumps foward (similiar to his/her Tactician/Grand master Critical/Skill Proc animation), imbuing his blade with magic mid-air and landing a hard-hitting strike.
directly after side B: Instead of jumping foward Robin fakes out, almost instantly firing a ranged magic attack after which he/she dashes foward to further punish the opponent with the sword.

Side B 2: Luna
Robin jumps forward in a spinning slash with good range. Think the Hero class' critical animation. Hits multiple times with some knockback at the end. Can be used to get some horizontal recovery, but puts in helpless when used while airborne.

Side B 3: Throwing Axe
Robin strikes with an axe. If the hit connects, the enemy will be staggered but not recieve any knockback. If it misses, he/she instead throws the axe forward which deals slight knockback.

:GCU::GCB:
Up B 1: Galeforce
Robin strikes skywards in a corkscrew (think that one attack animation he/she has). Worse than mediocre recovery range. However, if you hit an enemy with it, Robin will not be put into helpless, regain the second jump and can use Galeforce again.

Up B 2: Excalibur
Robin creates a tornado with great vertical range around him/her and is carried upwards by it. Mediocre recovery.

Up B 3: Rescue Staff
Robin pulls out a rescue staff, charges it and throws it upwards. You can aim the throw a little bit and Robin is teleportet to the staff at the throw's apex. Enemies hit by the staff will take a tiny amount of damage and won't stagger. Good range.

:GCD::GCB:
Down B 1: Dual Guard
Morgan (appropriately of opposite gender to the chosen Robin skin) jumps onto the battlefield, pushing Robin behind the enemy and blocking the attack. Robin immediately counter attacks with a sword.
Mechanicly, this is basicly just a fancier looking version of Marth, Roy and Ike's down B counter attack that hits the enemy from the opposite direction. To put a bit more unique flare into it, Morgan always jumps in and pushesRobin. If no attack is blocked, Robin won't counter attack and stumble, leaving him/her open for an attack! Basicly a higher risk/reward version of the usual FE Counter.

Down B 2: Flux
Robin immediately jumps backwards and creates a dark zone where he/she stood. If an enemy steps on it, a ball of dark energy appears above the zone, raining down on it, dealing decent damage and spiking enemies.

Down B 3: Lance
Robin pulls out a lance or spear and positions it diagonal to punish attackers from above. Hitting an opponent will impale him or her on it and Robin can carry them around for a short while like DK, Kirby or Dedede before the enemy breaks free. On hitting the attack button again Robin pulls in the spear, grabbing the opponent.

:GCCR:
Side Smash: Thoron
Robin throws the good' ol lance of thunder foward. It has a short casting time before shooting out a long, straight beam of lighting that stays on screen for a short while and deals good damage and decent knockback. The opponents in the area will just have enough time to anticipate the casting delay and dodge to stay unharmed.

:GCCU:
Up Smash:
Mjöllnir
Robin calls down a large lightning bolt from above him after a short casting time during which a stormcloud forms above him/her, striking almost instantly afterwards. It's pretty wide and also hits enemies right next to Robin on the ground. Compared to Pikachu's Thunder, it has an initial delay, doesn't come from way that high up and the thunderbolt strikes the whole area almost instantly, dealing only very slightly reduced knockback and damage outside of the sweetspot just around Robin.

:GCCD:
Down Smash: Bolganone
The ground below Robin starts to seethe, erupting quickly and violently afterwards.

Final Smash: Invisible Ties
The screen halts as a small closeup of Robin's eyes flashes over the screen as he/she announces: "Time to tip the scales!"
Flying in from offscreen - similiar to the Awakening boxcover art - Awakening characters will strike at random enemies. The order of appearing characters is set but every single one has a unique attack so you can't just evade every single one the same way. If Lucina isn't playable, she might even come in from the bottom of the screen to mimic the cover art even more

:GCDpad:
Up Taunt:
Robin holds his/her tome in front of her chest, bows and says "Now that's strategy!"
Side Taunt:
Robin twirls his/her sword before doing a striking motion with and and says "Predictable!"
Down Taunt:
Robin gets enveloped by dark flames, eyes glowing red, and does the Grima laugh.

Victory:
#1:
Sits there reading a tome, not acknowledging the camera, with a chess table next to him/her with some Smash character figurines on it.
#2:
Starts facing away from the camera and burning with dark flames, turns to the camera to show red eyes under the darkened cowl.
#3:
Morgan runs up to hug Robin, Chrom/Lucina (if one of them does not end up being playable, otherwise Tiki) walks over and puts a hand on Robin's shoulder
Chrom/Lucina: Good work!
Morgan: I knew you could do it!
Robin, smiling: Heh. Thanks!

If you would be so kind to update it in the first post, @ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man .

EDIT: Also sorry for the double post, expected some of you to post something in the hour I wrote this ;)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
XD I am not sure if Smash Bros will ever have people getting impaled on a spear.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
XD I am not sure if Smash Bros will ever have people getting impaled on a spear.
Probably not. Unless they make hilariously overdone panicked motions while being impaled :D
Though it IS the weakest part of my moveset. Will probably rework it once I get to all the normal attacks.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
@ Morbi Morbi Please post here more often. You always deliver. ♥
If you have anything meaningful to add to the conversation, I'm all ears.
I wasn't aware the slight stab was a issue so I will avoid making those comments in the future, but I was merely making a goofy remark about what looked like a joke response to begin with.

Anyway...

Even if Bandana Dee or a spear wielder go into the game it would be more like they were attacking with a blunt stick similar how the swords seem to work out like metal clubs. Impaling might raise a few red flags or at least seem a bit out of place.

Hmm... I don't even remember if the Spear ability from Kirby which Bandana Dee uses even have something like an impale or not.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I wasn't aware the slight stab was a issue so I will avoid making those comments in the future, but I was merely making a goofy remark about what looked like a joke response to begin with.
Hey. no need to be thrusting your issues onto the Robin thread.

Also I hope you got the "I'm all ears" joke instead of taking that seriously or else I would feel really bad.
Hmm... I don't even remember if the Spear ability from Kirby which Bandana Dee uses even have something like an impale or not.
Nah, but the Beetle ability outright stabs enemies and lets you carry them around.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I can just see Sakurai now...

"We've heard you're tired of blue-haired sword wielding Fire Emblem characters, so now here's a blue-haired axe wielding Fire Emblem character! Amazing difference right?!"
Well, at least it'd be a little different. If you count hammers as axes, we only have two of those so far versus how many swords? >_>

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Hey. no need to be thrusting your issues onto the Robin thread.

Also I hope you got the "I'm all ears" joke instead of taking that seriously or else I would feel really bad.

Nah, but the Beetle ability outright stabs enemies and lets you carry them around.
Had a bit of a rough couple of hours after the my stab at the pun and read your response after I got home from work, so it appears I'm the one who misunderstood.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can just see Sakurai now...

"We've heard you're tired of blue-haired sword wielding Fire Emblem characters, so now here's a blue-haired axe wielding Fire Emblem character! Amazing difference right?!"
Hector would basically be Ike with an Axe (Ike swings his sword like an Axe as is). Not that much more interesting. Well, at least Hector has unique animations, so he'd be a bit different. Admittedly, I'd rather have Hector than Chrom, and Hector looks much less like your average blue-haired main Lord anyway. He's a heavyweight, heavy armor-wielding Lord with an Axe, that actually is quite a bit different.

D

Deleted member

To go back to this:How about two Basilios?
No amount of Basilios could equal the greatness of Hector's Great Lord Critical Hit:

You can just feel the tremors made by that axe hitting the ground.

This reminded me that Awakening doesn't have any of the cool visual effects close to what they have in the older titles for critical hits, the character quote/image thing is cool, but I still miss the epic feeling of seeing your character twitch a slightly different way and then realize a second later that you just scored a critical hit.

Also Basilio doesn't have anything like these amazing comics:

:awesome:

Also, sorry in advance for straying from the topic of Robin.

So uh... what hair colors and styles would you guys want Robin to have for her different colors?

Hong

The Strongest
This reminded me that Awakening doesn't have any of the cool visual effects close to what they have in the older titles for critical hits, the character quote/image thing is cool, but I still miss the epic feeling of seeing your character twitch a slightly different way and then realize a second later that you just scored a critical hit.
Fans have been harping on the absence of the awesome animation we saw in the GBA games since, well, Path of Radiance. Radiant Dawn was a HUGE improvement in the presentation department, but IMO the GBA animations were more creative.

I would play any Fire Emblem game in "GBA graphics mode" if I had the option. Especially 11 and 12. Honestly, the character cut-in thing should be saved for things that are actually special. By the middle of the game, your attacks will have one more often than not whether it's a crit or skill, so it stops being special.

Also Basilio doesn't have anything like these amazing comics:

:awesome:

Also, sorry in advance for straying from the topic of Robin.
Well, allow me to retort.

And they are OFFICIAL! CANON! LEGIT!

Also, Fire Emblem discussion, especially Awakening, is 100% perfectly okay. Character topics are about celebrating the character as much as they are celebrating the game they are from, so don't worry. Be at ease. :)
So uh... what hair colors and styles would you guys want Robin to have for her different colors?
Robin♀:
Long hair with ribbons (popular in Japan)
The Cloud-esque hair style (bottom right)
Nah's Pigtails

Robin♂:
The flat longer hair that comes after it (second to the bottom right)
The majestic one here (bottom middle)
Donnel's pot

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fans have been harping on the absence of the awesome animation we saw in the GBA games since, well, Path of Radiance. Radiant Dawn was a HUGE improvement in the presentation department, but IMO the GBA animations were more creative.

I would play any Fire Emblem game in "GBA graphics mode" if I had the option. Especially 11 and 12. Honestly, the character cut-in thing should be saved for things that are actually special. By the middle of the game, your attacks will have one more often than not whether it's a crit or skill, so it stops being special.

Well, allow me to retort.

And they are OFFICIAL! CANON! LEGIT!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO canon comics of the game's plot are no fun.

Nah's Pigtails
I would cry so many tears of joy, it would be beautiful. Automatic GOAT, the only thing that would be better would be playable Nah.

I have to agree with you here, I really wish that the different skills just had the skill name in the corner along with some corresponding colored flash around the character as opposed to the character quote every time. I married Tharja in my first playthrough (which was before I knew about Nah's existence) and Noire and Morgan would activate either Ignis or Vengeance (more likely the latter, of course) in every 9 out of 10 fights. Hell, once I maxed their skill, Vengeance was pretty much guaranteed to activate every fight.

Also This:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
^ That's a very big Kermit you have there.

How about you? Any hair styles you would like to see besides Nah?

Hong

The Strongest
I thought that Robin had no style, whatsoever. She reminded me of a penguin, a sassy penguin. :awesome:
You don't know what you're talking about! I'd wear that robe.

Digging the v-neck, too. That's a pretty bold choice.

Morbi

Scavenger
...Should I just chalk this up to just another day on the Robin thread?:upsidedown:
You would not be a very good Tactician if you chose to ignore the evidence; everything has a meaning, there are patterns everywhere, it is up to you to discern what is relevant. If you believe that Robin's fashion sense is merely a forgettable aspect of her character one way or the other, you will never discover the truth to strategy. You are obligated to protect your party, good sir/madam!

Hong

The Strongest
...Should I just chalk this up to just another day on the Robin thread?:upsidedown:
It seems to be like a meaty sandwich. Begins with rambling and shenanigans, brief explosion of actual Robin discussion, ends with rambling and shenanigans.

Wouldn't have it any other way. :)

D

Deleted member

How about you? Any hair styles you would like to see besides Nah?

Yeah I'm not very creative...

BUT HERE GOES NOTHING:

So to get the ones of which I could easily find pictures out of the way, I would really like to see this:

and a male version of this:

With hair that maybe isn't quite so Super Saiyan in terms of size.

I would also assume that the default hairstyles of the male and female versions will be the male and female defaults in the game (white in color with the respective styles).

Now then:

Male:
(Keep in mind I will be referring to the character builds 1-3 for the male and female avatars)

Build 1:
Hair 3, 4

Build 2:
Hair 2, 3

Build 3:
Hair 1, 3, 5

Female:

Build 1:
Hair 2, 3, 5

Build 2:
Hair 1, 2; Style 2 here is essentially a "young girl" version of the "Hime/Princess Cut" in the picture above with small bows on each side of the head.

Build 3:
Hair 4, 5

Additionally, I would be just fine with just about all of the colors available to choose from in Awakening.

And although she is from a different game, I would like to see the Female Avatar have a hair style similar to that of Ilyana.

As a general desire, I would also like a single braid kind of style, like this:

or on the side like this:

or this:

A little fun fact, when I was going through the hair styles in the avatar creator, I started playing with the voices and realized they were the same across all three builds, so you can have a young teen sized avatar with a grown male or woman voice. :laugh:

Also when I was looking for hairstyles with Google, I rediscovered the "match maker" guy:

I love it when games like FE have these hidden and amusing gems.

If it wasn't for Ridsalina (The Ridley x Rosalina ship) I think Chrom x Frederick would be my favorite ship, I just think it's hilarious.

Which reminds me, I came across some (old) gems relating to Chrom and Frederick:

And my favorite one:

I really love Frederick sometimes. :laugh:

I never saw Robin as cute. Even the younger ones.

I found Robin to be pretty, and maybe even almost beautiful with the right model but there are some others in the game such as Nah, Cherche, Cordelia, Tiki, Olivia, Lucina, Cynthia and at times Tharja that I had more of an infatuation with, weird as that may sound. :laugh:
This ^ just happens to be the order in which I would prefer to marry each of these characters to my MU, again that's probably weird, but oh well. :p

I thought that Robin had no style, whatsoever. She reminded me of a penguin, a sassy penguin. :awesome:
I'm with @ Hong Hong on this one, I would pay an absurd amount of money to have and wear Robin's robes.

It seems to be like a meaty sandwich. Begins with rambling and shenanigans, brief explosion of actual Robin discussion, ends with rambling and shenanigans.

Wouldn't have it any other way. :)
You know, I think it's too bad the intensity of this cycle isn't as intense as it is over in Ridley's Gigantic Space Pirate Lounge, the cycles we go through over there make for some really fun, but sometimes really painful times.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I love it when games like FE have these hidden and amusing gems.

If it wasn't for Ridsalina (The Ridley x Rosalina ship) I think Chrom x Frederick would be my favorite ship, I just think it's hilarious.
Chrom x Frederick is definitely one of my favorite ships, but the only true pairing for Ridley is Waluigi. Waldley OTP <3

I also ship Isabelle x Metroid, Zelda x Dedede, and Sakurai x Spoilers.

Hong

The Strongest
Hmm... Awakening's women, hm?

I suppose Maribelle and Cherche are all I've got. They have personalities I can mesh well with. At least we can enjoy tea together.

Also, I can't believe I have neglected to post THIS in regards to Robin's keen fashion sense.

Hot damn those threads are HELLA FRESH MM-MMM.

I hope that SMTxFE has Fire Emblem characters trying to blend in the modern world by dressing appropriately.
Government is going to have to cut funding on the FASHION POLICE with these cool cats in town.

D

Deleted member

Hmm... Awakening's women, hm?

I suppose Maribelle and Cherche are all I've got. They have personalities I can mesh well with. At least we can enjoy tea together.

Also, I can't believe I have neglected to post THIS in regards to Robin's keen fashion sense.

Hot damn those threads are HELLA FRESH MM-MMM.

I hope that SMTxFE has Fire Emblem characters trying to blend in the modern world by dressing appropriately.
Government is going to have to cut funding on the FASHION POLICE with these cool cats in town.
I can't stop thinking that the FE characters in SMTxFE will be lost and terribly confused with all of the modern technology in the world of SMT. :laugh:
I also think Chrom and Lon Qu' have the natural look to pull of a tuxedo/blazer/suit kind of thing very easily (although most characters could) Kind of like the EBA characters:

Now I just want to see all the FE characters in modern clothes. :ohwell:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I can't stop thinking that the FE characters in SMTxFE will be lost and terribly confused with all of the modern technology in the world of SMT. :laugh:
I also think Chrom and Lon Qu' have the natural look to pull of a tuxedo/blazer/suit kind of thing very easily (although most characters could) Kind of like the EBA characters:

Now I just want to see all the FE characters in modern clothes. :ohwell:
Chrom, Frederick, and Lon'qu in tuxes like that, with Chrom in a blue tux

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
The door to the parlour opens.

Not unusual. It's a popular joint. Folks come in and out all the time.

But this was different. Conversations were no longer in converse, dishes fell to the floor, and a pang of silence hung over the room. All eyes turned towards the door, a lone silhouette emerging from the dusk.

Head to toe, this man dressed to please. His tunic sat snug on his torso; expertly cut to reveal his exceptional physique. His mantle, woven from fabrics unlike anything the world had seen, brilliantly accessorized of complimentary colours. His every strut were en-wrapped with boots of the finest craftsmanship, with proper due considerations made to flatter his stylish vambraces. Trousers were formed to fit as well, but modest as not to have too much restraint in around the thighs. All in all, his careful choices of blues not only flattered his godly complexion, but were enhanced by his gorgeous blue eyes as well.

The silence was broken as the stranger at last uttered his words...

Marth: "*****, I'm fabulous."

Having left the parlour speechless, Marth took his leave. A pall of sorrow hung over the parlour for the rest of the evening, everyone sharing the unanimous unspoken agreement that they nary have a hope of looking even slightly as marvellous as that stranger.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lol, modern FE characters? Dang. I'd love to see FE characters wearing modern designs. I am really curious how SMT X FE is going, maybe we'll see it in August or at TGS.

Hong

The Strongest
Is it that time of the month yet? Newcomer announcement? :040:
Indeed. As you have guessed, :039: has evolved to :040: and will be revealed this month!

Really, though. I don't expect anything until August, but I 100% approve of being wrong.

Top Bottom