• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
No need to dance around the subject. There is obvious bias.

Kid Icarus only had a handful of divine items prior to Uprising. Suddenly, three items are added to Smash Bros, all from one game.
Meanwhile, Fire Emblem has a few dozen divine weapons and other items spanning 14 games, nothing in sight for Smash Bros.

To be fair, Pokemon has had... two? items now over the span of four games. I have never played a Pokemon game past red, but even I can come up with some ideas for the items the trainer has used. Even if we get just one item from Fire Emblem, I can't say I would be disappointed. I've accepted his bias long ago.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Why aren't there any Fire Emblem items? I don't know, but I always got the feeling that Sakurai doesn't care too much for Fire Emblem. It doesn't have a good history of being well-represented.

But I think there are a ton of possibilities for an item. Ideally something magic based like a time or a staff, which could offer a variety of unique functions and could show off the diversity of the series just a little bit more. I swear, if we get a sword for a Fire Emblem item...
Unless you count the pellets that appeared in Brawl's Distant Planet stage, the first item Pikmin got is quite literally Olimar's FS, not to mention it functions exactly like the rocket item in Kid Icarus: Uprising. In other words there are other franchises suffering with you.

But regardless of that, while something like Smash Run enemies might be harder to implement for Fire Emblem (since most of them are straight up human), I don't see the difficulty in putting in something like a javelin or whatnot.

Hong

The Strongest
But regardless of that, while something like Smash Run enemies might be harder to implement for Fire Emblem (since most of them are straight up human), I don't see the difficulty in putting in something like a javelin or whatnot.
I'd figure Risen and the monsters from Gaiden/Sacred Stones/Awakening would be perfect.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Kid Icarus only had a handful of divine items prior to Uprising. Suddenly, three items are added to Smash Bros, all from one game.
Meanwhile, Fire Emblem has a few dozen divine weapons and other items spanning 14 games, nothing in sight for Smash Bros.

To be fair, Pokemon has had... two? items now over the span of four games. I have never played a Pokemon game past red, but even I can come up with some ideas for the items the trainer has used. Even if we get just one item from Fire Emblem, I can't say I would be disappointed. I've accepted his bias long ago.
Pokemon had an item aside from the Pokeball?

Though, to be fair to Pokemon, the one item it gets is an extensive one that shows off Pokemon from across the series' history. It basically has its own complete library of Assist Trophies.

But I digress, there is definitely bias when it comes to items. It's rather unfortunate, really. At least some kind of item from Fire Emblem would be nice... As long as it's not something like an Iron Sword...

Hong

The Strongest

Though, to be fair to Pokemon, the one item it gets is an extensive one that shows off Pokemon from across the series' history. It basically has its own complete library of Assist Trophies.
Don't forget the Masterball.

And yeah, that's true. More effort is put into the Pokeball than other items.
But I digress, there is definitely bias when it comes to items. It's rather unfortunate, really. At least some kind of item from Fire Emblem would be nice... As long as it's not something like an Iron Sword...
Yeah. This thread has had twenty some awesome ideas that are more interesting than... Steel Diver.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

as a pokemon fan I can think of dozens of items they could use like a few off the top of my head Life orb increase all attacks but you take damage each time you use it, choice scarf increases your speed but are locked to only using the first move you use after getting it, or even leftover a item that heals you over time

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

Pink Robin confirmed for Little Mac alt.
You have no idea how happy I was to see that I loved it in his trailer and little mac looks to be my main for this game since I'm mainly a ground fighter in smash

Hong

The Strongest
You have no idea how happy I was to see that I loved it in his trailer and little mac looks to be my main for this game since I'm mainly a ground fighter in smash
Yeah. Mr. Sakurai handled Little Mac pretty nicely. Not only in how he is portrayed, but he fulfills a fighting style that Smash lacked. To no surprise, he is very much like Boxer/Balrog from Street FIghter, where as Jolt Hayker is much like a Turn Punch tailored for the frantic nature of Smash Bros. Can get in pretty easily, hits pretty hard, hits pretty fast.

I hope to see more costumes for other characters. Namely Doctor Mario, Ninten-themed Ness, any of Ike's various outfits.

To no surprise, Robin is likely to be given the Villager treatment, so s/he will have enough variety. :)

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Yeah. Mr. Sakurai handled Little Mac pretty nicely. Not only in how he is portrayed, but he fulfills a fighting style that Smash lacked. To no surprise, he is very much like Boxer/Balrog from Street FIghter, where as Jolt Hayker is much like a Turn Punch tailored for the frantic nature of Smash Bros. Can get in pretty easily, hits pretty hard, hits pretty fast.

I hope to see more costumes for other characters. Namely Doctor Mario, Ninten-themed Ness, any of Ike's various outfits.

To no surprise, Robin is likely to be given the Villager treatment, so s/he will have enough variety. :)
can not agree more as a smash player who like playing a hard ground game to stop people in their tracks little mac fits that role perfectly he seems to be doing that with alot of newcomers like Rosealina being sort of a puppeteer fighter with luma and Greninja being a new mind game fighter with how he can trick people up with all of his dodge attacks

Hong

The Strongest
can not agree more as a smash player who like playing a hard ground game to stop people in their tracks little mac fits that role perfectly he seems to be doing that with alot of newcomers like Rosealina being sort of a puppeteer fighter with luma and Greninja being a new mind game fighter with how he can trick people up with all of his dodge attacks
I'd like to credit Namco Bandai. Not only do they develop a number of fighting games, but they are huge fans of the genre in general. Some of the folks in the office are very competitive, and watching majors like EVO, even if they are on at horrible hours for Asian viewers. Needless to say, a lot of some of the classic archetypes and fighting styles that would make a lot of sense for Smash Bros will be showing up now that they are here.

Greninja seems pretty sneaky, but he also might be inheriting Falco's jumping ability as his focus, and Falco could be canned. We'll have to see.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I'd like to credit Namco Bandai. Not only do they develop a number of fighting games, but they are huge fans of the genre in general. Some of the folks in the office are very competitive, and watching majors like EVO, even if they are on at horrible hours for Asian viewers. Needless to say, a lot of some of the classic archetypes and fighting styles that would make a lot of sense for Smash Bros will be showing up now that they are here.

Greninja seems pretty sneaky, but he also might be inheriting Falco's jumping ability as his focus, and Falco could be canned. We'll have to see.
Another reason I think Robin could be a great character is as I said back in this forum I could see them making him a trap fighter sort of like snake was in brawl since Robin is know for streagery I could see him setting timed spells on the ground and be like snakes c4 or landmines for when someone steps on it the spells would trigger

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Another reason I think Robin could be a great character is as I said back in this forum I could see them making him a trap fighter sort of like snake was in brawl since Robin is know for streagery I could see him setting timed spells on the ground and be like snakes c4 or landmines for when someone steps on it the spells would trigger
Seems like a good time to post the first part of my moveset

Neutral b Thunder

Robin shoots a contollable thunder ball similarly to zelda's din's flame.

Neutral b (Sigils on field) Checkmate!
Robin activates his sigils
B down Bolganone

Robin creates a sigil on the field.
When activated it explodes like a lava mine and leaves lava traces when it explodes.

B left Arcwind
Robin creates a sigil
When activated it creates hurricane that rises the enemy and hits it multiple times.
Perfect for imobilising your enemies for a quick kill!

Final Smash: Expiration
Grimma Rises from the background and breathes a fiery blast on one random enemy as spikes appear all over the floor robin is standing on.

Hong

The Strongest
I know this is the Robin thread, but I'm going to say this here, anyway.

Picture This:
Basilio for Smash 4.

Can you handle that?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Picture This:
Basilio for Smash 4.

Can you handle that?
Well, at least he uses an axe... But I would still prefer a newcomer who used magic.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Picture This:
Basilio for Smash 4.

Can you handle that?
If his taunts don't involve his "sweet brown arse," I would be very disappointed.

...Actually, might as well give him a trophy and throw that into the trophy description.

"Basilio is one of the two Khans of the nation of Regna Ferox. He aids Chrom and Robin on their journey. Also he has a sweet brown arse."

Hong

The Strongest
Well, at least he uses an axe... But I would still prefer a newcomer who used magic.
Agreed. Also, I know I'm just a ninny feminist, but I would prefer female representation.

That said, he has a lot of charm and wit, part of what makes Anna very appealing as well. While he is physically similar to Ike, personality-wise he is unlike either of the two Fire Emblem representatives. Basilio reminds me of what a prologue bandit would become if they were in a position of power and responsibility.

Image aside, I suppose he doesn't offer much in terms of game mechanics that Dedede and Ike can't fulfill. He is undeniably a bruiser as far as what he would be doing.
If his taunts don't involve his "sweet brown arse," I would be very disappointed.

...Actually, might as well give him a trophy and throw that into the trophy description.

"Basilio is one of the two Khans of the nation of Regna Ferox. He aids Chrom and Robin on their journey. Also he has a sweet brown arse."
Basilio's Big Brown Arse for Assist Trophy?

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I dont know if it was here I talked about it, but how bout this:
For the Coliseum stage, the three fighters all use a weapon from the weapon triangle. But what if they were some of our favorite heroes from the series?

Axe user: Basilio
Lance user: Nephenee
Sword user: Ogma

If I'm being honest, the character Sakurai would pick would be:
Sword User: Nabarl
Lance User: Nephenee
Axe User: Cherche

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Glass Sword, extremely strong but breaks after three hits.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
can we all just agree the true hero who deserves to be in smash is Donny

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Pot helmet for alt costume.:troll:
for real though I think a awesome asset for FE would be Kelliam

he appears then disappears for a random time (from 10 sec to a full min) then randomly strikes someone from behind

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267

he appears then disappears for a random time (from 10 sec to a full min) then randomly strikes someone from behind
That would create some serious mindgames.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I think Book of Naga would be nice for an item, Risen would be cool for enemies (particularly the revenants). Though the goddess icon i guess would be a cool stat boosting item, like the deep breathing from Wii fit trainer but made into an item.

Hong

The Strongest

Yes. After you summon the Kellam Assist Trophy, he can appear in any match up to a year later.

"Did you forget about me?"

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

As far as passive items go, I like the idea of a "Goddess Icon"; for the next minute, non-explosive items periodically spawn next to the player.
If we ever replace the not-relevant-anymore bunny ears, it should be with Sonic's speed shoes monitor.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I just realized that with the Power Leaf and the Bunny ears, we can have Fox with 6 kinds of ears.

Sakurai, what have you wrought?

Hong

The Strongest
I just realized that with the Power Leaf and the Bunny ears, we can have Fox with 6 kinds of ears.

Sakurai, what have you wrought?
I just don't like the direction Sakurai is taking with our characters. It's a little earritating.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
After looking at that Little Mac alternate costume, i'd be down for a mysterious hood Robin Alt.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
If Robin is revealed, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the pics in his/her character page would be hooded Robin next to training suit Mac :D

D

Deleted member

I want Ike's Vanguard Armor, OH it's so beautiful.

I'm interested to see what different colors they might implement for Robin's robes aside from the obligatory red and blue colors that a lot of characters seems to have. I'm also going to assume that her base color will be considered her "black" color given the robe's color scheme. But of course, Robin being a customizable avatar means she may change both robe colors and facial features like The Villager.

@ Hong Hong I'd take Hector over Basilio as my heavy Axe Wielder any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom