• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Metalworking is a neat and difficult thing to do. That came out excellently!

Personally, I make crafts with polymer clay. :3 I don't have a picture on-hand, but I made a Dalek from Doctor Who out of clay.

Well, didn't quite finish TWEWY yet. I'm at the final boss, I won the first three stages without too much trouble. BUT WTH, THAT FINAL FORM... ;_; How can I fight without partners?
You're only just now playing this game in 2015?
SO ZETTA SLOW!
Seriously speaking TWEWY is one of my all time favourite games. It had such a unique combat system and many of it's aspects were just great.

I wish I had some shark pictures to post. I've been browsing the internet for a long time but I have not made a habit of saving pictures I liked until this year.

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Sharkachu is coming! *Jaws theme intensifies*

In other news, I got the Metroid Prime Trilogy the other day and have been playing the sh*t out of first game, it's so damn good!
That's what they all say before the Keystone search... And if you don't mind that, you will the second time in MP2:E. I still haven't finished Echoes because of it...

I officially have to say that Minamimoto is my favorite character from TWEWY.
"Attention all hectopascals!"

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So is it true that the Nohr version (or whatever the hell it's called over here) actually sucks? I've been hearing some negative rumblings about it. Haven't heard anything about the Hoshido version yet though.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
You're only just now playing this game in 2015?
SO ZETTA SLOW!
Seriously speaking TWEWY is one of my all time favourite games. It had such a unique combat system and many of it's aspects were just great.

I wish I had some shark pictures to post. I've been browsing the internet for a long time but I have not made a habit of saving pictures I liked until this year.
Yeah, I know, I'm way behind on that one... When it first came around, I had just gotten my first DS, and was still playing a ton of first-party games. TWEWY didn't interest me at the time, especially since I hadn't played many Square Enix games at that point. Still, I'm happy, because I wouldn't have understood the game so well back then. At least with a semester of Calculus under my belt, I can fully enjoy the phrase:
"Find the limit of U as I go to Infinity!!"

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Sharkachu is coming! *Jaws theme intensifies*

In other news, I got the Metroid Prime Trilogy the other day and have been playing the sh*t out of first game, it's so damn good!
No other Metroid game has been able to reach the level of greatness of the Prime series, especially the first. Some say Super Metroid is the greatest entry in the series, but I just loved how the Prime series was handled. It really should continue in some way(not talking about Federation Force, which is more of a side-side story, if that makes sense).

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Someone should ask IS about that.

If you wanna try to fix it yourself...you could open it up and replace the whole disk drive. There are helpful videos out there on how to do it.

I had something similar to my first Wii, but I did eventually get around to replacing the laser in the thing. Cheaper, but more work.

I might do that or mod it and put homebrew and such on it and buy a separate Wii for non modding stuff haven't decided yet.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So is it true that the Nohr version (or whatever the hell it's called over here) actually sucks? I've been hearing some negative rumblings about it. Haven't heard anything about the Hoshido version yet though.
I actually heard it's amazing since it apparently stays true to what it promises in terms of gameplay.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What I've been hearing is it's the stronger plot, but the less well-written (some of its main plot points are less well developed than Hoshido's), but it delivers in terms of "traditional" Fire Emblem gameplay.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why is it in Awakening, almost all of the second gen kids rarely fight like their parents especially Owain, Noire, Inigo and Severa. Seriously, Noire would be a much better unit if she actually started off as a mage so her stars from her mother wouldn't go to waste.

And Owain is worst considering Lossa has decent magic but her husband needs to have decent physical stats (Frederick, Lon' qu and somewhat Robin when it depends on how his stats are) for Owain to even be useful. At least Severa can get away with it because of the speed she can inherit from Cordelia if you lucked out right

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Why is it in Awakening, almost all of the second gen kids rarely fight like their parents especially Owain, Noire, Inigo and Severa. Seriously, Noire would be a much better unit if she actually started off as a mage so her stars from her mother wouldn't go to waste.

And Owain is worst considering Lossa has decent magic but her husband needs to have decent physical stats (Frederick, Lon' qu and somewhat Robin when it depends on how his stats are) for Owain to even be useful. At least Severa can get away with it because of the speed she can inherit from Cordelia if you lucked out right
Well, part of it could just be because the kids have their own identities and some such as Kjelle and Severa have personal reasons for not starting off as the same base class as their parents.

As for Owain, the magic he gains from Lissa actually makes him an awesome dread fighter, which even fits his character arguably.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord

Well, putting the whole parents died thing aside...Owain I'm pegging as because he's the "hero" type, and to someone like that, getting up close and personal is probably seen as significantly more courageous than being behind and casting spells. Also, he naturally has Mage (just needs a SS), and he is really good there. I have no idea what's the actual reason behind Noire, but I'm guessing being Tharja's guinea pig for curses likely traumatized her and made her choose the "safer" (relatively) route. Inigo wants to be a dancer, but a bunch of problems prevent him from being one. He lacks confidence, for one, and there's also something to do with not knowing Olivia's "special dance" that I forgot about. He really doesn't think a male dancer would go over well and honestly a dancer wouldn't be able to protect themselves well in their world. Severa wants to prove herself different than Cordelia, so she's staying far, far away from PK.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
*lurking* *lurking* Oh....
I might do that or mod it and put homebrew and such on it and buy a separate Wii for non modding stuff haven't decided yet.
Ah. Well if you do, you'll have to use the Letter Bomb method. It's the only thing that I know of that can install Homebrew without requiring you run a particular game.

Er...any Ghost Trick fans here? I'm replaying the thing, so yeah. Definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoy the Ace Attorney games.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Er...any Ghost Trick fans here? I'm replaying the thing, so yeah. Definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoy the Ace Attorney games.
I've played and beated it. Fantastic game.

Definitely has that Ace Attorney feel too it.

I also highly recommend it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've been meaning to play it for ages now. I know it's by the same writer as the Ace Attorney games, so it should be pretty good. Maybe I'll start it after they announce an English release for DGS, to tide me over until that's out.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Ace Attorney, I started on Dual Destinies yesterday and beat the first episode.
Like Fire Emblem, I am absolutely terrible at it.
How to play Ace Attorney:
1. Save before every piece of testimony.
2. Press every statement. EVERY STATEMENT! HOLD IT! HOLD IT! HOLD IT! ...
3. See a posible contradiction, present evidence. You might want to save before doing so.
4. OBJECTION! If you get it right, keep going. If you get it wrong, just try again. Get too much wrong, reset.
5. If you get to a point where the judge or prosecutor will tell you to analyze a photo or present evidence, save. "OK, I will present the evidence!" *save* *reload* "OK, I will present the evidence!"
6. Repeat steps 1-4, and 5 if that comes up.
7. Congrats! You got through a court room segment of the game! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How to play Ace Attorney:
1. Save before every piece of testimony.
2. Press every statement. EVERY STATEMENT! HOLD IT! HOLD IT! HOLD IT! ...
3. See a posible contradiction, present evidence. You might want to save before doing so.
4. OBJECTION! If you get it right, keep going. If you get it wrong, just try again. Get too much wrong, reset.
5. If you get to a point where the judge or prosecutor will tell you to analyze a photo or present evidence, save. "OK, I will present the evidence!" *save* *reload* "OK, I will present the evidence!"
6. Repeat steps 1-4, and 5 if that comes up.
7. Congrats! You got through a court room segment of the game!
No, I figured out that much. Doesn't mean I'm good at it. :urg:
I just wanted to use that remote control as a contradiction so badly...it made so much sense, every single time...

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
The Zelda Social thread hit 2000 pages a while ago.

Now there's a hunger games simulator spree going on (currently on the 3rd round in a row).

Insanity everywhere and tons of pages being made one after another.

Pretty crazy stuff.

D

Deleted member

No, I figured out that much. Doesn't mean I'm good at it. :urg:
I just wanted to use that remote control as a contradiction so badly...it made so much sense, every single time...
I haven't played Duel Destinies, but I can guarantee you that will be a thing in Ace Attorney.
There were times where I thought this piece of evidence made sense, but it didn't according to the game and I get penalized. Hell, there were times where I thought that this piece of evidence that I didn't think would be useful or relevant turned out to be the contradiction.
It's... it's annoying.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually my main issue with the game is how picky it can be with the correct answer. Like when you have to point out a certain place in photographic evidence.
I clearly know what I'm supposed to be pointing at, but it I didn't point at it in just the right way, so I get a penalty.

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
This is pretty funny:

Robin, after checking her Tumblr feed:

Serves as irony if you know the artist who made it.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
That was actually posted earlier today, @ 2004Zilla 2004Zilla ...

It has occurred to me that Minamimoto would not be at all out of line in calling Robin "so zetta slow" during Smash battles... :troll:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Hey has anyone ever landed an Elwind spike/meteor after you actually planned out how to do it? Or do we all accidentally do it and write it off as "計画通り."

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Just so we don't lose the tradition.

@ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99

#NeverForget

Don't search for it and post the results here, though.

Also, I say this thread looks more beautiful than usual today.:awesome:
I haven't checked smashboards in a long time so- oh, I've been tagged? Let's see...

...n... No.... NOOOOOOO!!!!

*fades back in to nonexistence*

There is no escape from the abomination that I brought into the Robin world. Forgive me naga.

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

Ah. Well if you do, you'll have to use the Letter Bomb method. It's the only thing that I know of that can install Homebrew without requiring you run a particular game.

My 2nd favorite Nintendo DS game of all time, likely my favorite adventure game overall. It also has what's probably my favorite twist in all of video games.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
I haven't checked smashboards in a long time so- oh, I've been tagged? Let's see...

...n... No.... NOOOOOOO!!!!

*fades back in to nonexistence*

There is no escape from the abomination that I brought into the Robin world. Forgive me naga.
*see your profile pic*
*see my profile pic*
Mmm... this thread is getting FMAed.
Good morning everyone! :happysheep:
Maybe way too morning for those americans

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*reminder*

No other Metroid game has been able to reach the level of greatness of the Prime series, especially the first. Some say Super Metroid is the greatest entry in the series, but I just loved how the Prime series was handled. It really should continue in some way(not talking about Federation Force, which is more of a side-side story, if that makes sense).
PRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

I love it. First one is easily among gaming's best shooters.

Echoes' final escape theme is an awesome throwback.

I love that game.

But it's arguably as big a bigger spoiler minefield as Xenoblade, despite being shorter.

*see your profile pic*
*see my profile pic*
Mmm... this thread is getting FMAed.
Good morning everyone! :happysheep:
Maybe way too morning for those americans
Eh, it was only 5 AM, not a huge deal.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
*reminder*

PRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

I love it. First one is easily among gaming's best shooters.

Echoes' final escape theme is an awesome throwback.

I love that game.

But it's arguably as big a bigger spoiler minefield as Xenoblade, despite being shorter.

Eh, it was only 5 AM, not a huge deal.
You, mr @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A , will be my new american clock.
I never played Ghost Trick, but I heard only good things about that game. I'd like to play it...
@Elezir No, I have NOT checked my specs, so I can't use an emulator.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Greetings robin social.
I really hope not :( it sounds so good plus gay traditional emblem

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Morning western tacticians!

When Lissa isn't home

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Phoenix Wright for Fates!
He would use papers as his main weapon and if he gets a critical hit, he convicts the enemy of a crime like in UMvC3.
His special skill is that if you name his weapon "TAKE THAT!", "HOLD IT!", or "OBJECTION!", then it will have effects like block rate, avoid, or critical hit rate increase by +10. That and he will actually say that phrase and attack with it if you make it the name of his weapon (so he can do damage by shouting "OBJECTION!").

Also, regarding Ace Attorney.
If that Ace Tactician game was a real thing, this is totally Robin's Objection theme:
What would be his Announce the Truth, Suspense, and Pursuit themes?
I was thinking Announce the Truth could be Divine Decree, Suspense could be a song that you hear before a boss fight begins, and I dunno about Pursuit.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Trading in Continuum Shift Extend made me forget just how good BB soundtrack is, the composer has a magic touch or something with music. I also wouldn't worry too much about the overall quality of either side of Fates, they both look solid enough even if one excels at areas the other doesn't (plot for Hoshido and maps/objectives for Nohr), don't really see a reason to go elitist over one or the other like they seem to do in every comments section of the game I see :137:

Last edited:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Trading in Continuum Shift Extend made me forget just how good BB soundtrack is, the composer has a mgagic touch or something with music. I also wouldn't worry too much about the overall quality of either side of Fates, they both look solid enough even if one excels at areas the other doesn't (plot for Hoshido and maps/objectives for Nohr), don't really see a reason to go elitist over one or the other like they seem to do in every comments section of the game I see :137:
I'm more interested in playing Nohr first, but i'm obviously playing all three :yeahboi:

Top Bottom