• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Kingdom Hearts is a fun series. It's not my favorite, but it does have some nice music and characters to it.

I never got to play 1 or 2 since I didn't own a PS2 for the longest time. I'm still both happy and upset about the 3DS one for including characters from TWEWY, but not doing anything with them outside of a cameo type thing. ;-;

Like they had Neku and the gang, but they showed up only like 3 times and never actually did anything. They were part of the reason I was so hyped for it and then I'm disappointed just like with Square's countdown they had for TWEWY.
Without playing 1 or 2, I guess you wouldn't have known that. With the exception of Donald, Goofy, and Mickey all of the other characters are just cameos in a single world. To be fair, they got screen time than most of the other cameos in the game, and well series and had an actual impact on the plot in the beginning.

Although you probbaly realize this by now, so yeah

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Without playing 1 or 2, I guess you wouldn't have known that. With the exception of Donald, Goofy, and Mickey all of the other characters are just cameos in a single world. To be fair, they got screen time than most of the other cameos in the game, and well series and had an actual impact on the plot in the beginning.

Although you probbaly realize this by now, so yeah
Yeah, I did watch some gameplay of 2 by watching my friends play it back around the time it came out.

Idk, I guess I just expected more of them. I just thought they would be a little more relevant, but I guess it would be a bit hard to make them tie in with the story well since they were from a different game and all.

In the end I just got my hopes up too high with them.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've enjoyed playing Kingdom Hearts I and II when I was a kid. Heck, it was one of the things that eventually got me into trying out the Final Fantasy series.

But I haven't looked back at it ever since I got Birth by Sleep. Not because it was bad, mind you, I just...lost interest in the series.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Wait!! Is this what I think it is?!?!
Yes, it is: http://gonintendo.com/stories/237735-aksys-pr-the-secret-is-out-zero-escape-volume-3-confirmed-c
Not a fan of KH myself, it's simply one of those series where my interest died as I grew older. I loved the first game back then and I can probably still get a kick out of it, but I never liked 2 all that much, and I despised RE Chains of Memories, this is all when I'd still call myself a fan of the series btw.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
LOL, I don't think anyone actually liked RE: Chain Of Memories all that much

On a quick side note, I'm finally okay with my signature. I think it's on point B) this is staying for awhile

Troykv

Smash Master
... Eh... If don't like certain Fates ideas... But I don't hate the game... So, I couldn't Support cancel the game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Think of it this way.

Neither game was competing with one another in sales.

They were trying to compete with Awakening in sales, to prove that the franchise could keep going and Awakening wasn't an exception.

So far, both games are doing just that. Despite Birthright outselling Conquest, there's proof that people from both camps are I interested in the products, and that won't go unnoticed by IS.

Does this mean the future of Fire Emblem will be staggered releases, of a more casual outing first followed by a by-the-book experience next on repeat? It's likely. Does this mean that traditional FE is no longer a thing? The Better-than-Awakening sales suggest otherwise.

Troykv

Smash Master
Think of it this way.

Neither game was competing with one another in sales.

They were trying to compete with Awakening in sales, to prove that the franchise could keep going and Awakening wasn't an exception.

So far, both games are doing just that. Despite Birthright outselling Conquest, there's proof that people from both camps are I interested in the products, and that won't go unnoticed by IS.

Does this mean the future of Fire Emblem will be staggered releases, of a more casual outing first followed by a by-the-book experience next on repeat? It's likely. Does this mean that traditional FE is no longer a thing? The Better-than-Awakening sales suggest otherwise.
What suggest? I'm still worried.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I'm such an absolute Kingdom Hearts nerd. I own every single game in the series and have played them all to completion except for 358/2 Days and Re:CoM. I know the storyline to a near unhealthy level. My first (and so far only) cosplay was of KH2 Sora.
Basically KH is my jam. My favorite game in the franchise is hands down Kingdom Hearts 2 (and now by extension 2FM, despite all of the flaws of the HD ReMix version).
LOL, I don't think anyone actually liked RE: Chain Of Memories all that much
A lot of the problems of the original CoM that could be overlooked due to the hardware limitations of the GBA were exacerbated when it was made into a full blown console games. Such as lack of any aftergame content (unless you count Reverse/Rebirth which I don't), lack of interesting or truly explorable worlds (Boring Box Rooms: The Game), the polarizing card battle system, reused bosses galore (SO MANY REPLIKU FIGHTS!), and hours of deck micro-managing. Although the original did introduce me to my all time favorite Org. XIII member, the Graceful Assassin himself! MARLUXIA!

Edit* Found the perfect picture for @The Soulless One

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
"I lost because my brain is making funny faces at me."
Well that's...new.

EDIT: "I lost because Final Destination is using better moves than me."

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I lost because the stream was using counters too much.

Also, that "Cancel Fire Emblem Fates" petition feels like the work of a troll. I know that Awakening is a polarizing game to the FE community, but to say that it "killed the franchise" sounds pretty wack to me.

And Sacred Stones is pretty good so far! I'm on Chapter 5 right now.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Today is actually one of the Fates character's birthday! Happy Birthday, Kisaragi!

D

Deleted member

I'm such an absolute Kingdom Hearts nerd. I own every single game in the series and have played them all to completion except for 358/2 Days and Re:CoM. I know the storyline to a near unhealthy level. My first (and so far only) cosplay was of KH2 Sora.
Basically KH is my jam. My favorite game in the franchise is hands down Kingdom Hearts 2 (and now by extension 2FM, despite all of the flaws of the HD ReMix version).

A lot of the problems of the original CoM that could be overlooked due to the hardware limitations of the GBA were exacerbated when it was made into a full blown console games. Such as lack of any aftergame content (unless you count Reverse/Rebirth which I don't), lack of interesting or truly explorable worlds (Boring Box Rooms: The Game), the polarizing card battle system, reused bosses galore (SO MANY REPLIKU FIGHTS!), and hours of deck micro-managing. Although the original did introduce me to my all time favorite Org. XIII member, the Graceful Assassin himself! MARLUXIA!

Edit* Found the perfect picture for @The Soulless One

That picture is so close to being amazing.

The only HUGE issue is that IMO the drawings of Nah and Velour are trash quality.

Let's review:

[collapse=Nah]
Nn_FE13_Artwork.png

[/collapse]
[collapse=Velour]
TransparentVelour_zpstzjlcy0c.png

[/collapse]

Notice that the artist's renderings of them look completely off from their actual appearances.

Especially Velour.

:mad088:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I FINALLY BEAT THAT DAMN DESERT CHAPTER IN BINDING BLADE. WITH ALL TREASURES. LILINA, DESTROYER OF WORLDS.

I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That chapter is annoying lol. I know how you feel god bless Lilina and Lugh and Raigh.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok guys, I am being super indecisive on my Fates play through, so I'm going to put my first Parallel Seal reclass to a vote:

1) Kanna (Dark Prince, son of Kamui + Jakob) -> Wyvern Rider.
2) FKamui (Dark Prince) -> Wyvern Rider.
3) Dia (Rod Knight, son of Kamui + Jakob) -> Cavalier.

Currently leaning towards #3 because I'm sure Dark Prince's promo class has some really good skills, and I only have one Cavalier otherwise (Silas), while I have both Elise and Jakob for healing otherwise.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That chapter is annoying lol. I know how you feel god bless Lilina and Lugh and Raigh.
I only used Raigh to pick units a bit so Klein or Tate could finish them off,and I didn't even bring Lugh.

This chapter had Lilina, Miledy, and Thany written all over it, with Oujay for those units that needed to die by Durandal right there, right now. Everyone else went treasure hunting, lol.

There will be chapters where I can use Sophia, right? I want to use her as my Shaman despite Raigh being capped and ready to promote. Is 14x a treasure trove of exp for her?

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Ok guys, I am being super indecisive on my Fates play through, so I'm going to put my first Parallel Seal reclass to a vote:

Currently leaning towards #3 because I'm sure Dark Prince's promo class has some really good skills, and I only have one Cavalier otherwise (Silas), while I have both Elise and Jakob for healing otherwise.
What chapter are you on?

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I only used Raigh to pick units a bit so Klein or Tate could finish them off,and I didn't even bring Lugh.

This chapter had Lilina, Miledy, and Thany written all over it, with Oujay for those units that needed to die by Durandal right there, right now. Everyone else went treasure hunting, lol.

There will be chapters where I can use Sophia, right? I want to use her as my Shaman despite Raigh being capped and ready to promote. Is 14x a treasure trove of exp for her?
Yeah it's called arena grinding and save states and forcing yourself to use her. Honestly though I liked her myself for a bit and promoted her since Raigh was the dude I kept on using him especially since I got a A support with his brother. Miledy is ok same with Thany but I only stuck with Miledy for my flier until I got her brother later and level him up to usability.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

You're on Nohr, right? For Nohr, I'd go with Dia, since the Nohr promotion of Dark Prince gets a skill that depends on supporting units' skills; while the Hoshido one gets basically a renamed Rightful King, so for Hoshido you'd want to reclass the Avatar so you have more skills that benefit from the +10% activation rate.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Holy crap I forgot bout this. I found this on the FE reddit a few days ago IDK if anyone seen it though.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Oh gawds, this infamous translation again xD
"This game introduces the hero, Marus"
"Fire Emblem: The Descent of Jihad"
"Zigludo's Holy War"
It's like the Duwang translations from JoJo.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
About to do Chapter 11 Nohr side. Obviously also did the two paralogues to recruit Dia/Kanna.

Going with Dia for the first seal.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
New Felicia art?

New Felicia art.

:3

She's totally gonna catch that knife by the blade.
Well if you toss knives from the blade you don't have to make them spin as much on the way to the target. She looks really cool in that pose though.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Just played a Splatfest Match with only 3 people on my team.

And WON.

Don't know how we had 3 people, guess the 4th DC'd at the worst possible moment, but we still WON.

Top Bottom