• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I'm still hoping they might someday bring KH I & II to Nintendo systems. I'm tired of only being able to play the side entries... At least Dream Drop Distance felt pretty close compared to Chain of Memories or Re:Coded. 358/2 Days was also pretty solid.

Indeed, if you don't like Dearly Beloved, you might as well be a Heartless yourself. Or a Nobody. And yes, very hard bosses... I remember trying to fight Sephiroth at a friend's house once, lol.

On a side note, I just added two KH-themed stages to Project M using the extra stages GCT code. :3

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Bro
Bro
BRUH
List of not good, but GREAT things in kingdom hearts
there may be story spoilers in here
#GREAT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

#GREAT/FUN BOSS FIGHTS

#VERY CHALLENGING BOSS FIGHTS

#GREAT MUSIC

On the note of it's music I think KH has one of the most under-apprciated sound tracks.

I WILL WRITE ESSAYS ON THIS GAME
FIGHT ME
I will however say, the plot CAN be uneccesarliy complicated at times, but it's still a very good plot line

BRO
remember when you used to rhyme all the time

I respect your opinion, but you're wrong with a good portion of this. It's like you've never played the game at all. It sounds more like you played the first hour of the game and stopped.
It was more like played KH2. Did a 6-8 hour tutorial, got to the title card and just raged for a small bit. That and those Little Mermaid stages were really cringe and weird

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
It was more like played KH2. Did a 6-8 hour tutorial, got to the title card and just raged for a small bit. That and those Little Mermaid stages were really cringe and weird
The "tutorial" lasts on average about 2 1/2-3 hours, and was completely relevant to the plot of the game :L Also the Little Mermaid World was completely optional and a musical mini game, that went with the movie, which was a musical movie (to a degree)

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
KH talk?
Well..
I never played KH2.
I've been thinking about getting KH2.5. But I heard the load times for KH2FM are really atrocious and that gamebreaking glitches are common. So I'm not sure.

I love KH's gameplay, and I've played a good share of KH games (BBS, Days, 3D), but I just cringe at Tetsuya Nomura's design choices (m:f ratio) and story choices(3D) a lot of the times.

D

Deleted member

Lawl at you plebs Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA Master Race.

:shades:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
KH talk?
Well..
I never played KH2.
I've been thinking about getting KH2.5. But I heard the load times for KH2FM are really atrocious and that gamebreaking glitches are common. So I'm not sure.

I love KH's gameplay, and I've played a good share of KH games (BBS, Days, 3D), but I just cringe at Tetsuya Nomura's design choices (m:f ratio) and story choices(3D) a lot of the times.
The problems you bring up and somewhat solutions are in this video. It might help in the very least

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I present to everyone two supports that don't focus on Soleil hitting on cute girls.
Oh my goodness. Thank god.

Honestly, I was getting tired of people bringing up the M!Kamui support whenever Soleil is mentioned.

The problems you bring up and somewhat solutions are in this video. It might help in the very least

I watched that video not too long ago. It actually didn't contribute much to my decision on buying the game.

If anything I'll probably buy it simply because BBS is my favorite KH game and I'd like to play the FM version of it. But nothing for sure, since BBS:FM also have bad load times.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
KH talk?
Well..
I never played KH2.

KH 2.5FM is only like 20 bucks on Amazon for what that is worth. I personally enjoyed KH 2 very much and it is by far the flashiest one in the series. Flashiness means a lot to me, probably too much actually.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
KH 2.5FM is only like 20 bucks on Amazon for what that is worth. I personally enjoyed KH 2 very much and it is by far the flashiest one in the series. Flashiness means a lot to me, probably too much actually.
Yeah, but I'm on a budget at the moment and 20 bucks means a lot to me.

Unless I mutter up the courage to pay it all in quarters at my local Walmart...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Every time I think of Kingdom Hearts I'm reminded that both Leonard Nimoy and Christopher Lee have passed away.

And that's sad.

D

Deleted member

I've never actually played the "main" KH games i.e. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (there are probably other "main" games but I don't know very much at all about the lore).

BUT, I thought the games looked so badass when I was younger (when they first came out) that I had my dad buy me the game guides for both of them and I would just sit and read them and look at the pictures of the badass bosses and weapons and everything for hours.

KH's aesthetics are certainly some of my favorites from any franchise.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Oh my goodness. Thank god.

Honestly, I was getting tired of people bringing up the M!Kamui support whenever Soleil is mentioned.

I watched that video not too long ago. It actually didn't contribute much to my decision on buying the game.

If anything I'll probably buy it simply because BBS is my favorite KH game and I'd like to play the FM version of it. But nothing for sure, since BBS:FM also have bad load times.
If you REALLY want to play the FM versions of the game, that you might as well get 2.5. Although personally for me, the glitches and load times in them just get so bad, I'm content with the original version of them.

Every time I think of Kingdom Hearts I'm reminded that both Leonard Nimoy and Christopher Lee have passed away.

And that's sad.
I cry every time at how Xehonort will have a new VA ;-;

I've never actually played the "main" KH games i.e. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (there are probably other "main" games but I don't know very much at all about the lore).
1 and 2 are the only main ones, including 3 that's coming out "soon". All of the DS games setup the plot for the next game int he franchise (excluding 358/2 days)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Speaking of KH guides I still happen to own one for Chain of Memories that's been sitting around for close to 9 years in a box. We had it just because my brother read it when leaving a Best Buy.

I only recently played Chain of Memories, ironically enough.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
If you REALLY want to play the FM versions of the game, that you might as well get 2.5. Although personally for me, the glitches and load times in them just get so bad, I'm content with the original version of them.
How horrid are BBSFM's load times in comparison to 2FM? Bizkit's video only talks about 2FM's.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
KH talk?
Well..
I never played KH2.

There's only 2 major gamebreaking glitches as far as I've heard, and they aren't incredibly common. The load times are pretty bad though unfortunately. Here's a video that better describes some of the problems that have been found.

All in all though I would still definitely recommend it.

HA!!! I got :4greninja:'ed so hard, lol.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
There's only 2 major gamebreaking glitches as far as I've heard, and they aren't incredibly common. The load times are pretty bad though unfortunately. Here's a video that better describes some of the problems that have been found.

All in all though I would still definitely recommend it.
Miloaf already linked that but thank you.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
How horrid are BBSFM's load times in comparison to 2FM? Bizkit's video only talks about 2FM's.
I don't have a PS3 to say formyself, but from what i've seen, better than 2's. Much more playable than 2's. And not as many freezes/glitches. Although BBS can be so difficult at times it'll look like it's glitching.

HA!!! I got :4greninja:'ed so hard, lol.
I prefer the term :4falcon:'ed
BECAUSE I'M A SUPAH FAST RACER, CAN'T CATCH MEH, SONIC AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON DA BLUE FALCON B)

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I don't have a PS3 to say formyself, but from what i've seen, better than 2's. Much more playable than 2's. And not as many freezes/glitches. Although BBS can be so difficult at times it'll look like it's glitching.
Mmm...I'm gonna go count my quarters... :substitute:

D

Deleted member

@Sanae I'm off work from 6:30 PM EST tomorrow up through to Wednesday (read: I have Sunday-Tuesday off) so those three days would be the nearest (speaking in terms of time from now) days that I would be most available if you want to play at some point during that time period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

BUT, I thought the games looked so badass when I was younger (when they first came out) that I had my dad buy me the game guides for both of them and I would just sit and read them and look at the pictures of the badass bosses and weapons and everything for hours.

KH's aesthetics are certainly some of my favorites from any franchise.
In that case I would highly recommend you get the HD 1.5 and 2.5 sets. I think you would really enjoy them!

I prefer the term :4falcon:'ed
BECAUSE I'M A SUPAH FAST RACER, CAN'T CATCH MEH, SONIC AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON DA BLUE FALCON B)
From what I've played of BBS they are better than 2 FM's. Not sure how they compare to BBS on the PSP though, but I believe that they are a bit better. (Don't quote me on that though)

But ninja's are sneaky and silent. They traverse through the shadows like water in a stream and strike with lightning fast precision.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
From what I've played of BBS they are better than 2 FM's. Not sure how they compare to BBS on the PSP though, but I believe that they are a bit better. (Don't quote me on that though)
Does BBS:FM have Data Install for faster loads?
PSP did and it did wonders to load times, albeit the PSP would die on me really quick.

Either way, I'll still get it. I have 13 dollars worth of quarters so far. I'm gonna go scavenge around the house for more... :substitute:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Does BBS:FM have Data Install for faster loads?
PSP did and it did wonders to load times, albeit the PSP would die on me really quick.

Either way, I'll still get it. I have 13 dollars worth of quarters so far. I'm gonna go scavenge around the house for more... :substitute:
Unfortunately no, there is no data install for any of the games sadly. Which is a shame seeing as how that would help immensely with KH2 FM's loading times. However the load times on BBS are, for the most, part comparable to or better than the PSP (even with data install). So far as I know the only area where the game has longer loads is when you activate D-Links.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Unfortunately no, there is no data install for any of the games sadly. Which is a shame seeing as how that would help immensely with KH2 FM's loading times. However the load times on BBS are, for the most, part comparable to or better than the PSP (even with data install). So far as I know the only area where the game has longer loads is when you activate D-Links.
That helps a lot to know.
Seems like they optimized BbS better than 2FM which is kinda weird. I FOUND ANOTHER QUARTER!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
That helps a lot to know.
Seems like they optimized BbS better than 2FM which is kinda weird. I FOUND ANOTHER QUARTER!
I think the discrepancy can be partially blamed on the fact the 2FM is a PS2 port while BBS is a PSP port. Going from PSP to PS3 is a much bigger upgrade in terms of quality than PS2 to PS3.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Kingdom Hearts is a fun series. It's not my favorite, but it does have some nice music and characters to it.

I never got to play 1 or 2 since I didn't own a PS2 for the longest time. I'm still both happy and upset about the 3DS one for including characters from TWEWY, but not doing anything with them outside of a cameo type thing. ;-;

Like they had Neku and the gang, but they showed up only like 3 times and never actually did anything. They were part of the reason I was so hyped for it and then I'm disappointed just like with Square's countdown they had for TWEWY.

Top Bottom