• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Happy Fourth of July fellow American tacticians! I hope everyone can enjoy the celebrations because I can't :drsad::colorful:
And what's this about Kingdom Hearts discussion? KH is love :drflip: Though tbh, I only play for the awesome gameplay and Disney worlds. :p

Well, since you got the Heavensward content, it should make going through the 2.0+ quests somewhat easier, though you should also enjoy all the extra stuff too!
I really thought I was going to Fantasia into Au Ra, but I can't deny being a Miqo'te. (I started off as a Hyur~)

But yeah! XIV is my favorite MMO, and my most favorite FF game in recent years. Too much charm in it, so I'm definitely taking my time with everything.

As far as KH discussions ago, I liked Organization XIII the most, music is probably the best part about the series imo

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I really thought I was going to Fantasia into Au Ra, but I can't deny being a Miqo'te. (I started off as a Hyur~)

But yeah! XIV is my favorite MMO, and my most favorite FF game in recent years. Too much charm in it, so I'm definitely taking my time with everything.
I am tempted to change my Hyur character to a cat, but idk, I'm so used to her now that I don't think I will. One of my other characters was changed into an Au Ra, and he looks awesome.

As someone who doesn't even like Final Fantasy or ever played MMOs before, I have to say I'm super surprised at myself for enjoying this game as much as I have lol; heck, I didn't play the trial when I bought the game, just jumped into the game in February and been playing since. I haven't been this enamored in a game for a loooong time. Embarrass

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The best part about this (and by that I mean the ONLY good thing about this) is the fact that most of these characters are from series not even made in America.

Or this

or this

or any of these!

Basically there's a lot of reasons to despise 4Kids.
I really can't be mad at 4kida because it really isn't worth it to hate them. It's mostly because they have a western bias for stuff (see TMNT 2K3) most cases and their anime or outsourced stuff is mostly crap anyway.

It isn't worst than DiC or Harmony Gold levels of butchered anime (see Sailor Moon)

D

Deleted member

They're voice actors were fine for the most part. (You can point out one or two terrible voices but that doesn't really mean much. Or some famously badly-read lines, but that's not exclusive to 4kids honestly.)
They're professional voice actors. Not like they're all untrained animals they found on the street.
But they were given a lot of dumb dialogue to work with. #_#
shrooby,

You of all people I expected not to do that.

Their*

shrooby y u do dis.

D

Deleted member

They're voice actors were fine for the most part. (You can point out one or two terrible voices but that doesn't really mean much. Or some famously badly-read lines, but that's not exclusive to 4kids honestly.)
They're professional voice actors. Not like they're all untrained animals they found on the street.
But they were given a lot of dumb dialogue to work with. #_#
Meh. I'm talking about the anime dubs. Those were pretty bad in my opinion.

I did not need to remember this existed, bleh. Have at you

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
shrooby,

You of all people I expected not to do that.

Their*

shrooby y u do dis.
I like how my typo required typing more than I needed.

Meh. I'm talking about the anime dubs. Those were pretty bad in my opinion.

Oh, yeah, they are.
I'm only defending the voice actors. :4dedede:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Out of curiosity why did you post that picture? It seemed a little out of the blue.
Mostly a joke towards the pic posted before. Watch the Simpsons to get the joke.

Never heard of it. Guessing it's some anime or other, I don't watch anime.
Probably wouldn't like it. It's alright

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
D

Deleted member

I really wish most ZSS players weren't just 75% Paralyzer and Aerial Flip Jump.

So annoying to deal with >_>.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

As far as KH discussions ago, I liked Organization XIII the most, music is probably the best part about the series imo
I am tempted to change my Hyur character to a cat, but idk, I'm so used to her now that I don't think I will. One of my other characters was changed into an Au Ra, and he looks awesome.

As someone who doesn't even like Final Fantasy or ever played MMOs before, I have to say I'm super surprised at myself for enjoying this game as much as I have lol; heck, I didn't play the trial when I bought the game, just jumped into the game in February and been playing since. I haven't been this enamored in a game for a loooong time. Embarrass

Hyur Master Race.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Summer rains smell absolutely exquisite (especially at 4am in the morning.)

And then I question why I wake up so late everyday even though I bring it upon myself 90% of the time.
Howdy y'all, I'm Glory Blaze - long time lurker, mediocre-ish Robin main from SoCal. Just made this account because I attended (and drowned in pools in) my first real tournament today (which was, funnily enough, FC Return in Indiana instead of a SoCal local. I was in Indiana on a college visit.) and I'd love to be a part of this wonderful community!
Warm welcomes to you! I hope you enjoy your stay here, we're quite the lovely bunch! :4robinm::4robinf:

D

Deleted member

Summer rains smell absolutely exquisite (especially at 4am in the morning.)

And then I question why I wake up so late everyday even though I bring it upon myself 90% of the time.

Warm welcomes to you! I hope you enjoy your stay here, we're quite the lovely bunch! :4robinm::4robinf:
For a second I thought you were @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu because Eirika avatar.

-------------------

ANYWAYS,

PEOPLE,

WHO SHOULD I GIVE THIS TALISMAN TO? (Rekka no Ken)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I really wish most ZSS players weren't just 75% Paralyzer and Aerial Flip Jump.

So annoying to deal with >_>.
I reckon I need to use Paralyser more, actually, and less grabs because it's practically useless
possibly also more z-air, but I just can't seem to find any consistent use for it that other moves don't fulfil

D

Deleted member

I reckon I need to use Paralyser more, actually, and less grabs because it's practically useless
possibly also more z-air, but I just can't seem to find any consistent use for it that other moves don't fulfil
Fighting people that know how to use Zair or at least acknowledge that it exists (i.e. throw it out at least once) or annoying as hell but it is a nice change of pace to see someone that uses it.

And ZSS's Zair is also very nice.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Howdy y'all, I'm Glory Blaze - long time lurker, mediocre-ish Robin main from SoCal. Just made this account because I attended (and drowned in pools in) my first real tournament today (which was, funnily enough, FC Return in Indiana instead of a SoCal local. I was in Indiana on a college visit.) and I'd love to be a part of this wonderful community!
Cool.

Matsushi

True Blood

Most ZSS players I face use the Paralyzer gun, wait for me to hold up my shield and then attempt to grab. It's quite annoying really, but these days I've begun to acknowledge and evade them. :emptysheep:
For a second I thought you were @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu because Eirika avatar.
Oh yeeaaaah! I was going to change to Ephraim or Roy soon though. I can't seem to have an avatar for more than a day, it's actually quite stressful.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
ZSS' grab is almost worthless. I was playing on FG earlier today, and a Sheik was able to beat every one of my grab attempts, on reaction, in multiple frames of wi-fi lag. Is there even any reason for it to be so slow? Honestly, sometimes I feel like I'm better off just switching off the grab button when I play her, so the possibility of an accidental grab attempt isn't there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ursula I'm going to have to ask you to STAHP WITH THE BOLTING.

GEEZ.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So I went out earlier this evening to go see some fireworks with the fam' (family) in a nearby town where my mom's grandmother used to live. It turned into quite the excursion due to ungodly amounts of mosquitoes (we had forgotten the bug zapper AND the bug spray). Then when we tried to leave the battery had died. Fortunately some kindly people nearby where we parked gave us a jump, although it took them awhile since we had to wait for all the other people that had parked around us to leave. I'll tell you though the inside of that Mountaineer was hot as hell with 6 people sitting around with zero air conditioning. At least the fireworks displayed were pretty awesome. Still it was quite the comedy of errors.
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

Incidentally, I saw REAL elephants today, and it was awesome.

Sorry for my absence lately. I just have trouble keeping up with the speed of here sometimes also Fates spoiler aversion.
Hooray Gracidea's back!!!!!!
:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:
Also congrats on getting to see some real live elephants!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
ZSS' grab is almost worthless. I was playing on FG earlier today, and a Sheik was able to beat every one of my grab attempts, on reaction, in multiple frames of wi-fi lag. Is there even any reason for it to be so slow? Honestly, sometimes I feel like I'm better off just switching off the grab button when I play her, so the possibility of an accidental grab attempt isn't there.
That's basically the only thing that set hers back, she has arguably the best follow ups out of throws, but she actually grabbing is quite complicated at times, maybe you should ask Nairo for help :awesome:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
:happysheep: Welcome dear.
Welp, they already posted our welcome image to you twice, I see.:sadsheep:

dammit, I'm the one supposed to post that.

So, have this relatively funny pic.

Now I understand just how much fun the people who censored Tharja went through.

Btw, @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , I heard you got a Ike amiibo...well, how about...

...Real sized Ike amiibo?:estatic:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
:happysheep: Welcome dear.
Welp, they already posted our welcome image to you twice, I see.:sadsheep:

dammit, I'm the one supposed to post that.

So, have this relatively funny pic.

Now I understand just how much fun the people who censored Tharja went through.

Btw, @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy , I heard you got a Ike amiibo...well, how about...

...Real sized Ike amiibo?:estatic:
2gr84me.:estatic:

D

Deleted member

A) Kent X Fiora OTP

B) Bolting is stupid.

C) The pegasisters (Florina and Fiora) are BEASTS now.

D) Hector is now a Great Lord.

E) Dart is about to have a party in Chapter 26x (Water Temple Sidequest with Sonia)

F) Matthew can finally become an assassin soon because I'll get a Fell Contract when I stampede Sonia.

G) Why are they making me steal 3 valuable things from different units in this chapter (red gem, blue gem, angelic robe + 2 chests ugh).

H) Priscilla is super close to level 20 finally.

I) I really wish I didn't have to bring Eliwood around because he's just hanging around at level 20 doing nothing.

K) Is for Kent, who finally got some love from the level-up RNG.

J) Yes I totally needed to make letter bullets A-J.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So Splatfest:

Hail to the King, baby:

There's also this:

It's my own graffiti in the Plaza! I also saw it in Walleye once.

Holy **** though... Fatigue and Splatoon a good combination do not make. It's amazing how much my performance TANKS when I get tired.

With that, Night R.S.T.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I really need to start posting here again more often. How long has it been since I first came here? Almost two years ago?

So anyways, have this funny picture that I took while I was at Anime Expo 2015!

Top Bottom