• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Lol, if there was a reveal trailer I can imagine it being like the intro to Awakening. It would show this,

and fool people into thinking that Chrom is the newcomer, when in reality it's Robin. The camera would pan out and show Robin once he gets up.
This is Sakurai. He'd troll you into thinking it was Chrom, then Robin.. And then it ends up being Lissa joining the battle.

Sakurai: We need more female characters!

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
This is Sakurai. He'd troll you into thinking it was Chrom, then Robin.. And then it ends up being Lissa joining the battle.

Sakurai: We need more female characters!
Hahaha, or even further, have Lissa start to strike a pose with her staff (like Palutena does in her trailer) only to see Lucina interrupt after jumping out of the eye time portal.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Then lissa goes to a shop, and the trailer confirms anna.

Sakurai: You kept asking for a red haired Fire emblem rep, so here you go!
Cue Chrom/Lucina being alts for Ike/Marth, and Roy being an alt for Anna, with Robin being the secret unlockable 4th character.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Gone for a weekend and only five pages to read?

I have never felt so disappointed.
All because we missed you so much. :3

Though the real blame should go to the lack of any real news, general off-topicness and people being busy over the weekend.

All my true heart points have gone to @Lordling.
:i6rkW:
I cannot give up hope. I WILL win you over!

Realisticly though, maybe I should just admit defeat gracefully, while I still can.
And stalk you. Like Tharja.

But that time hasn't come yet!

Have we already discussed victory themes, quotes, things of that nature?
Ah, good one.
Victory theme will probably be the same one used for the other FE characters, but if they do unique fanfares this time around, I could see the promotion theme being a good one for victory.
Quotes will probably be the usual fair for Robin, there are plenty of quotable lines throughout Awakening that could make it in.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah, good one.
Victory theme will probably be the same one used for the other FE characters, but if they do unique fanfares this time around, I could see the promotion theme being a good one for victory.
Quotes will probably be the usual fair for Robin, there are plenty of quotable lines throughout Awakening that could make it in.
I'd imagine so. I guess what I'm thinking of the most are the actions Robin would do upon victory.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I'd imagine so. I guess what I'm thinking of the most are the actions Robin would do upon victory.
I may get back to this at a later time, but I'm feeling quite uncreative currently... Probably because I'm tired.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I may get back to this at a later time, but I'm feeling quite uncreative currently... Probably because I'm tired.
Same. I posed the question to see what others would have to say. I've been feeling like a zombie for the past few days, so I may take a few days to get away from everything and just relax.

Doesn't do much good when you don't feel like you can contribute much to discussion :ohwell:

Hopefully we get a rush of energy in the thread from somewhere before things start dying down again.

Hong

The Strongest
Robin victory poses:
#1:
Sits there reading her tome, completely oblivious to the camera

#2:
Starts facing away from the camera and burning with dark flames, turns to the camera to show red eyes under the darkened cowl

#3:
Features Lissa who runs up to hug Robin, Chrom walks over and puts a hand on Robin's shoulder
Chrom: Good work!
Lissa: I knew you could do it!
Robin: Heh. Thanks, friends.

#3 alt:
Robin throws her sword into the air, spins and catches it before uttering a number of phrases.

"Now that's strategy!"
"Exactly as planned."
"Simple enough."
"For Chrom, Ylisse, and everyone I love... I won't let you down."

Fire Emblem victory themes:
Marth: Classic full orchestra.
Ike: Slower tempo, emphasis on percussion. Reflects the music for Greil Mercenaries in FE9.
Robin/Lucina/Chrom: Faster tempo version of the classic Fire Emblem theme that closes with the Awakening theme, like in the intro

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Robin victory poses:
#1:

#2:
Starts facing away from the camera and burning with dark flames, turns to the camera to show red eyes under the darkened cowl

#3:
Features Lissa who runs up to hug Robin, Chrom walks over and puts a hand on Robin's shoulder

#3 alt:
Robin throws her sword into the air, spins and catches it before uttering a number of phrases.

"Now that's strategy!"
"Exactly as planned."
"Simple enough."

Ike: Slower tempo, emphasis on percussion. Reflects the music for Greil Mercenaries in FE9.
Robin/Lucina/Chrom: Faster tempo version of the classic Fire Emblem theme that closes with the Awakening theme, like in the intro
Grimma poses:

Laughs maniacly while grimma's body is in the background

Says "Hmph" While remaining cloaked.

Holds and destroys a fire emblem while saying:

"I AM GRIMMA I AM DISPAIR"
If fighting chrom or lucina * in the event that either is in the game*:"NOT EVEN A SON OF NAGA CAN STAND IN MY WAY!"
If fighting marth"YOUR TIME HAS COME OLD FOOL" or "I HAVE DONE, WHAT NONE OF MY KIN HAVE EVER MANADGED TO DO"

Edit: Forgot about themes!
I dunno One of the Ids i guess..
Also swap robin's theme with Conquest or one of the Ids.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Grimma poses:

Laughs maniacly while grimma's body is in the background

Says "Hmph" While remaining cloaked.

Holds and destroys a fire emblem while saying:

"I AM GRIMMA I AM DISPAIR"
If fighting chrom or lucina * in the event that either is in the game*:"NOT EVEN A SON OF NAGA CAN STAND IN MY WAY!"
If fighting marth"YOUR TIME HAS COME OLD FOOL" or "I HAVE DONE, WHAT NONE OF MY KIN HAVE EVER MANADGED TO DO"

Edit: Forgot about themes!
I dunno One of the Ids i guess..
Also swap robin's theme with Conquest or one of the Ids.
I'm getting a Smaug vibe here.

"I am fire. I am...DEATH."

Hong

The Strongest
Robin can have one alternate outfit of ANY class from Awakening.

Which one do you choose?

Hong

The Strongest
Dread Fighter would be awesome.

Tough call, but aside from that, I would have to say Dark Mage:
Nice and sleek outfit. Mercenary is great, too, but seems more suitable for a SWAT team than a tome-wielder.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. Robin is my favorite potential Fire Emblem newcomer. Put me down on the support list.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Robin victory poses:
#1:

#2:

#3:

#3 alt:

"Now that's strategy!"
"Exactly as planned."
"Simple enough."

Number Two scares me...

Hong

The Strongest
I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. Robin is my favorite potential Fire Emblem newcomer. Put me down on the support list.
Yeah! I can't believe you haven't posted here yet, either. Get your act together. Gosh!

I'll tag @ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man so he'll know to add you to the list. :)
Number Two scares me...
Well, yeah! I like the idea of Robin showing occasional signs of being possessed by Grima. It's an easy way to tell as much of her story as you can at a glance.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Dread Fighter would be awesome.

Tough call, but aside from that, I would have to say Dark Mage:
Nice and sleek outfit. Mercenary is great, too, but seems more suitable for a SWAT team than a tome-wielder.
I could see one for each gender, and remember that Robin would use swords as well as magic.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Which one do you choose?
I have some gripe or another with most of the spellcaster class looks. The weird overcoat of the sages is looks oddly bulky, the Dark Mages' see-through Nylon overalls are just bizarre to me, Dark Knights are actually pretty close, but then they had to go and have this huuuuge collar.

The more I think about it, most promoted classes have this tiny little thing that completely ruins the look for me.
The base classes look fine mostly, if they don't have something silly like Sulley's weird metal collar or every Knight's ridiculous shoulder armor.

So, to actually answer the question:
I could live with Dark Fighter since that mask doesn't annoy me as much as most other things. However, I'd much prefer Myrmidon or Thief. I'd probably go with Thief.
And if Grandmaster is included in the question, it wins by default. Even though female Robin forgets her pants in that class. Still looks great on her and especially on male Robin.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959

Which one do you choose?
Like a couple others here, I can't help but to go with Grandmaster. Love it far too much not to put it in first.

I'll tag @ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man so he'll know to add you to the list. :)
I'd like to hop in with that too! :b:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
If Chrom is indeed a playable character (and it is highly likely, if not almost certain, he is), then we'd best "pick a god and pray" the next marketable Fire Emblem Lord completely differentiates him/herself from the established blue-haired, main-lord swordsmen we are long accustomed to within Smash Brothers. Otherwise, a playable Fire Emblem character with uniquely-inspired specialties (as in readily apparent with appearance, weaponry, etc.) will never see the light of day.

While Chrom is not a terrible choice, per se (he is among the most reasonable suggestions), there are far more well-advised alternatives, and Robin is the outstanding example - Sakurai seems content, however, to maintain the status quo. It is a shame.

If I can make a suggestion, we should head up a DLC campaign for Robin just in case (if DLC characters are a reality). It would not hurt to try, even if we have to contend with Roy or Lucina.

EDIT: I am keeping my expectations reasonably low so as to not be disappointed with the inevitable outcome. Nonetheless, if we get an early head-start on DLC campaigning, we have a distinct advantage of constructing the foundation for highly-popular requests before all the other fan-bases do for their characters. If Robin is in this game already, then great. If not, then let us prepare for much-needed change.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
If Chrom is indeed a playable character (and it is highly likely, if not almost certain, he is), then we'd best "pick a god and pray" the next marketable Fire Emblem Lord completely differentiates him/herself from the established blue-haired, main-lord swordsmen we are long accustomed to within Smash Brothers. Otherwise, a playable Fire Emblem character with uniquely-inspired specialties (as in readily apparent with appearance, weaponry, etc.) will never see the light of day.

While Chrom is not a terrible choice, per se (he is among the most reasonable suggestions), there are far more well-advised alternatives, and Robin is the outstanding example - Sakurai seems content, however, to maintain the status quo. It is a shame.

If I can make a suggestion, we should head up a DLC campaign for Robin just in case (if DLC characters are a reality). It would not hurt to try, even if we have to contend with Roy or Lucina.
Wellll... Aren't you a debbie downer!

Hellooooooo..... Is anybody there........

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom