• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Nope, I have no idea when its supposed to end, but I really would think we'd have already learned information about a newcomer reveal at this event already.
Yeah, I think so, too. In any case, I wasn't expecting anything out of this at all. I'm waiting for August at this point, actually.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Robin's best class:

(M) — Sage
Vantage, Vengeance, Tomefaire, Anathema, Limit Breaker
Celica's Gale +MT, +CRT

(F) — Dark Flier
Luna, Tomefaire, Anathema, Galeforce, Limit Breaker
Celica's Gale +MT, +CRT

*fires up the discussion*

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This just in: The K. Rool thread is laying the groundwork for a campaign to have him be a DLC character should he not be in the vanilla game in any form. Perhaps we should set up something similar so we have a head start on most of the competition if it comes down to DLC?

I like the name Operation Invisible Ties, personally...

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Robin's best class:

(M) — Sage +Spd/-Skill
Vantage, Vengeance, Tomefaire, Tomebreaker, Limit Breaker
Celica's Gale +MT 7, +HIT 105

*fires up the discussion*
Fixed.

Male is for "tank"ing (that's the word I guess?) without dying versus Apotheosis's Sorcerers.
Female...depending on what you want. Personally I use her as a Rally Bot. Grandmaster, Dark Knight and Sorcerer are the best for offensive/defensive playing.

Dark Flier...just no.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Currently I'm using my Robin (M) as:

Grandmaster
Armsthrift , Sol, Limit Breaker, Ignis, and "I should really get rid of this but I'm too lazy to grind exp in postgame" Veteran
Not the most thought-out combination, I know, but it works well enough.

Run in with 8 Move thanks to boots. Let enemies kill themselves.
And if there's a lot of hard enemies (basicly did this only in Rogues and Redeemers 3), I might actually switch to Tiki with Limit Breaker and a Dragonstone+, cause those stats paired up with Robin are just hilariously broken. Though that's just TIki (or any Manateke with max stats) for you.

Probably should switch out Ignis with Astra or something that doesn't compete with Sol's activation. Though I gotta admit, that Vantage/Vengeance combo actually looks pretty sexy, too... Gonna try it out next time I start a new game with male Robin.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Meh, it's all about preferences and what you're using your unit for imo. Kinda hard to screw Robin up. All the grinding I've done through several classes lets him be anything he ever wants to be in life.

Typically, my Robin just Crit-Stacks and you can pretty much guess what class he's in. Wasn't the MVP of my Apotheosis runs, but he served well and carries the Supreme Emblem proudly.

My two Rally Bots were Falcon Knights Est and Palla. Between the two of them, I had all the Rallies covered and could use my other units freely.

EDIT - @ Delzethin Delzethin Yeah, I think that'd be a fine idea :)

Last edited:

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598
Too bad, I can't even beat lunatic mode. hahaha I don't have the DLC stages, so I can't grind and my units are too weak. :(

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Yeah I went pretty far into Lunatic and just stopped somewhere because I wasn't feeling like playing it anymore. I have honestly no idea how you're supposed to beat it without farming DLC.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Yeah I went pretty far into Lunatic and just stopped somewhere because I wasn't feeling like playing it anymore. I have honestly no idea how you're supposed to beat it without farming DLC.
you probably aren't~

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Grind up Avatar, pair with Chrom, Nos Tank it up :troll:

Seriously though, you can basically solo the whole way through. Wouldn't be enjoyable at all, but if you're desperate to beat it, there you go. Lol. At some points, it's more luck based than strategy based anyway.

Last edited:

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598
Seems like my efforts were inutile then. :( Anyways, what the point of the risen being stronger than the current chapter I got to beat? õ.o That's just... wtf?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Well, the weapon selection and skills of the bride class are pretty snazzy,, I just don't like the fact it's basicly a joke class, and a pretty iffy one at that.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Chrom/Sumia, Avatar/Nowi, Lissa Healing Bot, Morgan(Manakete)/Nah(Grandmaster) and Lucina/Cynthia are my team for Lunatic, it's pretty fun and I don't have to grinding. The children are really good, including Lucina, but she doesn't have Galeforce unlike her sister.

Beating Priam with this team is too much fun for my body.

Seems like my efforts were inutile then. :( Anyways, what the point of the risen being stronger than the current chapter I got to beat? õ.o That's just... wtf?
Punish you for trying to grind :troll: but you can beat them is the map have Forts.

Make a small team. Too much units is not good because lack of experience.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Ah yes, a good one.
Do staffs count as weapons? :D
Honestly I could see him get equal usage out of lances and axes, since both can be ranged and melee. Bows I'd rule out only because we already have 3 characters that use bows, 4 if you count Shiek. Or Zelda. Or both. I currently have no idea if either of the two still use Light Arrows as their Final Smash.

I'd probably go with spears since one could be ultimately more creative with them than with axes, and I usually prefer more nimble weapons.
Except for greatswords. I don't know what it is about them, but they just have style.
I probably play too much FF7.

Extra points if Robin can use a Dragonstone to transform into Grima. Or at least a smaller version of him :D

EDIT: Oh, a specific one? Most likely something ranged. Gradivus for a spear, Gungnir as a lance or Spear for a non-rare option.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Double Posting Warning Received
Ah yes, a good one.
Do staffs count as weapons? :D
Honestly I could see him get equal usage out of lances and axes, since both can be ranged and melee. Bows I'd rule out only because we already have 3 characters that use bows, 4 if you count Shiek. Or Zelda. Or both. I currently have no idea if either of the two still use Light Arrows as their Final Smash.

I'd probably go with spears since one could be ultimately more creative with them than with axes, and I usually prefer more nimble weapons.
Except for greatswords. I don't know what it is about them, but they just have style.
I probably play too much FF7.

Extra points if Robin can use a Dragonstone to transform into Grima. Or at least a smaller version of him :D
He'd be too big for smash.

Sometimes i just double post in the hopes that you'll notice guys...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Lol, if there was a reveal trailer I can imagine it being like the intro to Awakening. It would show this,

and fool people into thinking that Chrom is the newcomer, when in reality it's Robin. The camera would pan out and show Robin once he gets up.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Lol, if there was a reveal trailer I can imagine it being like the intro to Awakening. It would show this,

and fool people into thinking that Chrom is the newcomer, when in reality it's Robin. The camera would pan out and show Robin once he gets up.
We shouldn't ask for the diliberate trolling of the chrom supporters man...

Hong

The Strongest
Gone for a weekend and only five pages to read?

I have never felt so disappointed.

@ Jerry Applesauce Jerry Applesauce
Jokes aside, referencing that cut-scene would still be an awesome way to open up a Robin trailer.

Hong

The Strongest
Hong's back!!!! i missed u man!!!!!!
Hey. Thanks sweetie.

I wanted to go back to a post from Friday.
I have a question for all of you, what would be your reaction if robin was confirmed in the sal leak?
I would be 100% equally as indifferent to the leak as I am now.

It's not a matter of bias. Not sure how to word this without insulting someone, but it's common sense. If you know anything about game development and if you have even a smidgen of critical thinking, you'll wait to see at least a working version of the character dated at minimum in 2014. There are at least a dozen reasons why the supposed leak can vary from the final product. If the leak said Robin and not Chrom, I wouldn't expect to see Robin in the game. Just the same, I maintain my stance about Chrom. He was always a likely contender, and this has not changed.

I am immensely doubtful all the leaked characters will be in the game, and even by the chance they are, I can't feel bad about my position. It's merely being reasonable.

Hong

The Strongest
HongXNarwalgod OTP
Nah. It's just the kind of person I have become. You know, one of those people who call everyone "hun", "love", "sweetheart", etc. Utterly deplorable, people like that!

All my true heart points have gone to @Lordling.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Nah. It's just the kind of person I have become. You know, one of those people who call everyone "hun", "love", "sweetheart", etc. Utterly deplorable, people like that!

All my true heart points have gone to @Lordling.
Sorry, I was channeling my inner Robin and pairing people.

Top Bottom