• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598
Wait a second, acconding to this leak Chrom won over Robin because of popularity, this meaning that the problem with the similarities about his moveset were solved. I'm telling you, Chrom is gonna make it as a tactician wearing the bride's class gown!!!!!

Mystery solved, guys.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
as we seen more requested over Chrom
That raises questions concerning the issue of favor/popularity. Popular in what way? Recognizability - Who they essentially want to represent as the face of FE:A? Who the fans want most in the game? Are there any polls that reflect who's the favorite/most wanted for an FE newcomer? Where exactly are we looking at? It would just be nice to have some data. Because if there was a debate, and Chrom is questionable due to similarities with Marth/Ike, and if many people are nodding to Robin, then???

Smashboards says Robin. Cool, but there are other things (Smash related) that play a role into what we think as well. What about everyone else? I'd argue Chrom, but again, organized data to see where people stand would be nice to have available.

The questions I'm asking aren't personal ones BTW.

Wait a second, acconding to this leak Chrom won over Robin because of popularity, this meaning that the problem with the similarities about his moveset were solved. I'm telling you, Chrom is gonna make it as a tactician wearing the bride's class gown!!!!!

Mystery solved, guys.
So if Chrom's looking like he's in Bride class, how exactly are people going to know that he's a tactician? Tactician inspired wedding gown? :troll:

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598
So if Chrom's looking like he's in Bride class, how exactly are people going to know that he's a tactician? Tactician inspired wedding gown? :troll:
He'll be using tomes and swords, of course. XD

Jokes apart, I still want to believe Robin is gonna make it along with Chrom and Lucina is going to be an alternative skin for chrom.
A man can dream... :happysheep:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
He'll be using tomes and swords, of course. XD

Jokes apart, I still want to believe Robin is gonna make it along with Chrom and Lucina is going to be an alternative skin for chrom.
A man can dream... :happysheep:
#ChromLearnsHowToTomeItUp
#AnythingCanChange

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
By the way, I don't know about you all, but I was quite happy to see this today.

Top 10 Want

We've officially made Robin the 6th most wanted character here. Not bad.
<3

If the third part of Sal Romano's leak actualizes, with the implementation of a playable Chrom and post-release downloadable characters (I am of the expectation it will be a select few)...
would Robin (or Lucina for that matter) be a viable choice instead of Roy?

I know there are sub-sets of speculators who would not even take the question seriously, simply because cut Melee characters seem a given, but is it really that way?
Honestly, I don't see the appeal of Roy other than "he was in Melee." He was cut in Brawl for a reason (though that reason is most likely time), and I didn't miss him a second. If he made it in as late DLC after we had some of the more relevant/wanted Robin and Lucina who both still have a shot at being in the initial roster - I wouldn't mind him. But that would also bump up the list of FE characters in Smash 4 to six which - while I agree that FE has a lot of viable characters - would be kinda insane. At that point Roy would probably be added as a representative of Melee, not Fire Emblem. Including symbol and victory fanfare. :troll:

That raises questions concerning the issue of favor/popularity. Popular in what way? Recognizability - Who they essentially want to represent as the face of FE:A? Who the fans want most in the game? Are there any polls that reflect who's the favorite/most wanted for an FE newcomer? Where exactly are we looking at? It would just be nice to have some data. Because if there was a debate, and Chrom is questionable due to similarities with Marth/Ike, and if many people are nodding to Robin, then???

Smashboards says Robin. Cool, but there are other things (Smash related) that play a role into what we think as well. What about everyone else? I'd argue Chrom, but again, organized data to see where people stand would be nice to have available.

The questions I'm asking aren't personal ones BTW.
I wish I could give out profound data but alas...
The only thing I might add to that question is: Do you think that the general public would push for Chrom since they only want an Awakening representative and Chrom would be the most likely option or because they actually prefered Chrom if they could choose who from Awakening would make it? And how many of them have even played Awakening?

That's a question I'd really love the answer to.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
At that point Roy would probably be added as a representative of Melee, not Fire Emblem. Including symbol and victory fanfare. :troll:
And the funny thing is, the majority of people that seriously play Fire Emblem borderline hate Roy for being bland and a subpar Lord/unit :awesome:

I wish I could give out profound data but alas...
The only thing I might add to that question is: Do you think that the general public would push for Chrom since they only want an Awakening representative and Chrom would be the most likely option or because they actually prefered Chrom if they could choose who from Awakening would make it? And how many of them have even played Awakening?

That's a question I'd really love the answer to.
<3

Anyone notice how @Hong is missing?
Hong announced MIA status until the weekend. Dunno when the exact return will be though. We're still holding down the fort.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Looking at this Japan popularity poll sometimes I like to think Male/Female Robin's totals should just be added together. Since they are sort of the same character...

also not everyone will play the game with both genders so if someone didn't use a Male/Female avatar why should they vote for them? (Probably skewed the votes slightly against Robin)

Just a thought... there is still hope... :3

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Looking at this Japan popularity poll sometimes I like to think Male/Female Robin's totals should just be added together. Since they are sort of the same character...

also not everyone will play the game with both genders so if someone didn't use a Male/Female avatar why should they vote for them? (Probably skewed the votes slightly against Robin)

Blue-hair is clearly where it's at. But I agree that votes should be added together when it comes to Robin.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Added together would probably be wrong, too, considering how the males wheren't measured against the females and vice versa. But a overall poll wouldve been nice too, and the divide hurt only Robin and no body else.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
But a overall poll wouldve been nice too
Yeah, this is where I wanted Robin's votes to be added together (would have to be actually since I'm sure they wouldn't do a Robin (M) and Robin (F) option).

Overall is the info I really want to see, but that poll still gives a fair indication on some things.

Reginleif

Smash Ace

I think Robin is combined in this poll since I can't find female Robin. It's the official popularity poll from Nintendo Dreams (magazine equivalent to Nintendo Power in Japan)

Masked Marth + Lucina aren't combined though. But if they were, she's leading by 102 votes. :040:

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.

I think Robin is combined in this poll since I can't find female Robin. It's the official popularity poll from Nintendo Dreams (magazine equivalent to Nintendo Power in Japan)

Masked Marth + Lucina aren't combined though. But if they were, she's leading by 102 votes. :040:
Im starting to ask if you're more of a robin supporter than a lucina supporter....

Hokori

Great King of Evil

I can't believe how quickly I forgot about this poll... :facepalm: Well, that settles it then. Regarding the popularity between Chrom and Robin. At least in Japan.

Im starting to ask if you're more of a robin supporter than a lucina supporter....
Me personally, I support them about equally. I see Robin doing more for Smash, but I absolutely love Lucina.

they would never associate with a red haired peasent.
- :c

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Cracking the Top 5 is pretty damn impressive. Combine being actually pretty popular among everyone who played Awakening with having an inherently unique moveset and play style...hopefully the developers have noticed.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
I can't believe how quickly I forgot about this poll... :facepalm: Well, that settles it then. Regarding the popularity between Chrom and Robin. At least in Japan.

Me personally, I support them about equally. I see Robin doing more for Smash, but I absolutely love Lucina.

- :c
It was forbiden love, I a member of the blue haired master race and her a red haired peasent, but when i looked at her eyes i didn't care about the colour of her hair, i knew we were in love...

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598

I'm telling you, Tactician in bride gown Chrom is the big deal. That's the obvious choice, plus that last leak comprove it.
Hahahaha

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
This thread is almost half the size of K. Rool's now. Dang. :surprised:

Also obligatory Kermit for the page. He is the glue that holds this place together after all.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
what if they just put the two together to show off the partner system like in Awakening being like ice climber but Chrom would do the normal attacks and Robin would use magic for specials

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Also obligatory Kermit for the page. He is the glue that holds this place together after all.

The big purple dragon.
[
No, not the badass Nintendo dragon villain, but Nintendo's greatest villain ever created. Long live the king!

I still don't see this thread passing K. Rool, though. K. Rool's thread is moving a bit slow, yeah, but its still almost 300 pages and this one has barely topped 100. :p

Those poll results disappoint me slightly. I was hoping Robin was higher, turns out that I was thinking of IS's personal preference and they like Lucina followed by Robin. I think they even like Tharja more than Chrom, although I don't recall exactly.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

You mean the glue that holds the cup in his hand? :D

Also the problem with all the polls posted are twofold: a) How long after release have they been posted (only a minor issue and easily looked up)? And b) I'd really love to get International results...

But that may be just my scientific mind speaking.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
No, not the badass Nintendo dragon villain, but Nintendo's greatest villain ever created. Long live the king!

I still don't see this thread passing K. Rool, though. K. Rool's thread is moving a bit slow, yeah, but its still almost 300 pages and this one has barely topped 100. :p

Those poll results disappoint me slightly. I was hoping Robin was higher, turns out that I was thinking of IS's personality preference and they like Lucina followed by Robin. I think they even like Tharja more than Chrom, although I don't recall exactly.
Pretty sure that they do like Tharja more than Chrom. A good few of them were saying that Tharja was their favorite character in an interview, but some named another character just to be different.

I was thinking of IS's preferences as well. Kinda why I thought in the event of a debate between Chrom/Robin (referring to the leak), Robin would get the thumbs up for Smash.

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598
It would be quite interesting to see an international poll. Altough I still think Robin wouldn't win. >-<

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
what if they just put the two together to show off the partner system like in Awakening being like ice climber but Chrom would do the normal attacks and Robin would use magic for specials

That sound extremely hard to happen and incredibly unlikely.... AND that't why I'm loving this idea more and more because of it's awesomeness that even hurts me... :colorful:

I'm telling you, Tactician in bride gown Chrom is the big deal. That's the obvious choice, plus that last leak comprove it.
Hahahaha
So alternate color would be Lucina Tactician with Dread fighter costume? I'm sold. :nervous:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
The polls ultimately mean nothing. How many voted for Wii Fit Trainer? Oh yeah, nobody.
Well Wii Fit is one of the best-selling Wii games. Obviously popularity has an impact. Who else are they going to choose from the Wii Fit franchise other than the Wii Fit Trainer?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Well Wii Fit is one of the best-selling Wii games. Obviously popularity has an impact. Who else are they going to choose from the Wii Fit franchise other than the Wii Fit Trainer?
the wii fit board

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The polls ultimately mean nothing. How many voted for Wii Fit Trainer? Oh yeah, nobody.
Reginleif has a point. This isn't a matter of a character no one thought of making it in, it's a matter of choosing one (or two, Naga permitting) between the most important, most popular, and most unique-but-still-well-known characters of a single game.

(Also, scouting report: Hard to believe we were neck and neck with the Shulk thread a week ago and now we're almost 400 posts ahead of them. Not to knock them, though, since they overtook Bandana Dee.)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

The character that's actually present in the majority of the excercises and which has an actual personality. He actually is far more important in Wii Fit than the trainers.

And before you ask, yes, it is completely mobile. It's been shown exercising in the background of the exercise selection area.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace

The character that's actually present in the majority of the excercises and which has an actual personality. He actually is far more important in Wii Fit than the trainers.

And before you ask, yes, it is completely mobile. It's been shown exercising in the background of the exercise selection area.
Nintendo f-ed up. They chose the wrong Wii Fit rep. #Justice4WiiBalanceBoard

Last edited:
Top Bottom