• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You can S-support Leo as female Kamui. In that case... you can S-support Camilla if you're playing male Kamui.
upload_2015-6-23_7-43-42.png

Oh, and there's something called A+ supports. Platonic endings?
upload_2015-6-23_7-47-4.png

Last edited:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
Yo.

Keep his self-harm gimmick, but, get rid of Thunder, and give Pichu Pain Split instead. Similar hitbox to Rest, but instead of massive knockback, Pichu and the opponent's percent are averaged out.

Pichu's a high-risk character? Let's give him some crazy high reward to go with it.
But what if the opponent had less percent :/

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Yo.

Keep his self-harm gimmick, but, get rid of Thunder, and give Pichu Pain Split instead. Similar hitbox to Rest, but instead of massive knockback, Pichu and the opponent's percent are averaged out.

Pichu's a high-risk character? Let's give him some crazy high reward to go with it.
So like a super OP Nosferatu? Interesting idea, but could be a little too strong!

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
You can S-support Leo as female Kamui. In that case... you can S-support Camilla if you're playing male Kamui.
View attachment 58112

View attachment 58113
I do like the idea of platonic/friendship endings coming back. Some of my favorite FE supports are based around them (E̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶k̶e̶ ̶&̶ ̶S̶o̶r̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶'̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶'.)

Also, I don't think anyone will mind when I vent a bit and say GODDAMMIT! We almost got an F-Zero by the developers of Burnout!

Last edited:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
I do like the idea of platonic/friendship endings coming back. Some of my favorite FE supports are based around them (E̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶k̶e̶ ̶&̶ ̶S̶o̶r̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶'̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶'.)

Also, I don't think anyone will mind when I vent a bit and say GODDAMMIT! We almost got an F-Zero by the developers of Burnout!
Burnout paradise is still my favourite racing game. If criterion makes an f-zero game in the future that would be a dream come true C:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
View attachment 58112

View attachment 58113
How much do you want to bet it'll be removed like international versions of Tomodachi Life did it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There is still some hope. They had other priorities at the time over F-Zero. Maybe they can start working on the game now or soon? I wouldn't expect it on the Wii U.
I won't lose faith. Sooner or later, we will get an F-Zero game.

How much do you want to bet it'll be removed like international versions of Tomodachi Life did it?
I recommend that you all be cautious for this reason.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Yeah, I know about this.

All of my sadness.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't know why people got so sad about Criterion not making F-Zero.

They haven't had a good game since Burnout Paradise and all their NFS games sucked hard since 05 Most Wanted and Undercover.

I rather have Sumo (who made Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed) and the former Wipeout devs make the new F-Zero then trash Criterion

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Guys...

Apparently you can S-Support with your Hoshido siblings....

...why?

...just....why?

Also, since the major spoilers are running in now, should we maybe move all spoiler talk over to a spoiler thread on the Fire Emblem Fan group @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A is admin of?

Edit: You know what, I just went ahead and made a thread for spoilers talk over here. I figure it make be a good idea to just move that over here so this thread doesn't turn into 50% spoiler tagged posts.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
>sees that it's confirmed you can have S support with hoshido siblings
HINOKA, I'M COMING FOR YOU BABY

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Oh god, apparently the one person streaming the Nohr pre-release copy is doing so on Lunatic/Classic. The poor, poor, crazy sonova.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
So... In game play news apparently you can strip people in my castle. And during face rubbing you can pan down to their chest.

Jesus, optional or not, this is flatout sexual harassment. It's like having a Tharja panty raid thing in awakening.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54910
I know people will defend this as something completely optional and ignorable, but it's the part of japan's culture I really don't like, so it's kind of a big blow for my interest on the game. Now the whole husbando/waifu thing will just get worse

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The fanservice in this game is starting to get a little too much even if it's optional.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guys...

Apparently you can S-Support with your Hoshido siblings....

...why?

...just....why?

Also, since the major spoilers are running in now, should we maybe move all spoiler talk over to a spoiler thread on the Fire Emblem Fan group @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A is admin of?

Edit: You know what, I just went ahead and made a thread for spoilers talk over here. I figure it make be a good idea to just move that over here so this thread doesn't turn into 50% spoiler tagged posts.
If it's not an issue, move all spoilers to that thread, everyone. I'm not keen on the idea of seeing the social cluttered with IF spoilers as if it's the most spoiley game ever since Xenoblade.

And regarding the spoiler...wth Japan.

D

Deleted member

I tried shielding them at the start, but quickly realised that doesn't work in lag, so I sort of ran out of ideas. What else would you suggest for getting around the barrage of bombs and arrows?
Yeah, that's the unfortunate thing about lag because powershielding Link's projectiles is probably the best way to deal with them when approaching.

It's kind of difficult without it because I have arrows to cover directly in front of me, I have Gale Boomerang to cover the space diagonally above and in front of me, and I have bombs to cover directly in front of me as well as directly above me, and I can Z-Drop them with SH Zair to punish any rolls in.

Of the three, my personal "use priority" for each is:

1. Bombs.
2. Boomerang.
3. Arrows.

Bombs and Gale Boomerang alone cause problems because they can already cover so much space and leave very little time for me to be punished unless you're already in my face. Furthermore, Gale Boomerang's hitbox has a deceptively long duration because it stays out for just about as long as the boomerang travels forwards, so it can easily catch you just when you thought you wouldn't get hit by it.

The biggest thing (and this is kind of like "duh" but I'm saying it anyways) is patience if you can't effectively shield Link's projectiles, because I likely will not stop throwing them out for as long as you keep approaching.

The boomerang is IMO the easiest to deal with of the Bomb/Boomerang duo so long as you can time dodges correctly. Because having it flying around and forcing me to wait for it to come back instead of having it back immediately after I hit you with it slows down my use of it.

Bombs are trickier because of their splash damage and because they're affected by gravity. In other words, when I throw a bomb up, you'll have to be consciously aware of how high it went and more importantly when it will be coming back down, I can't tell you how many times I've caught people with bombs that I threw upwards that they seemingly forgot about.

People see it go up and assume they can just charge in, but 2 seconds later the bomb comes back down and hits them in the head and I get a free punish into almost whatever I want most of the time as a result.

The best strategy IMO would actually be to try to catch the bombs with an airdodge or aerial, as mentioned the splash damage of the bombs makes them hard to simply avoid, and it also makes it impossible for you to attempt to challenge them with an attack and disable them like you can with the Boomerang and Arrows.

His d-air was something I was going to ask about; I know it stays out for ages, but a few other things caught me out about it, like how it bounces when it hits. I think I figured out myself eventually that her u-smash was pretty much the only thing I could use to catch him while he's coming down with it.
Yeah, Dair is very often Link's "get out of jail free card" when he's coming back down to the stage because of its disjoint and because it sits out for about a decade.

Link's Dair will always bounce off a shield, enemy, or whatever it runs into so long as it isn't executed with a fast-fall, at which point Link will just dive through whatever he makes contact with.

I believe it actually loses the second hitbox when fast-falled as well, like if you FF -> Dair and hit something you can't hit something else as Link continues falling.

Overall Link's Dair is something that you need to respect, as I said, you can't expect to challenge it without trading unless you have a long ranged disjoint or a move with invulnerability, etc.

Just be patient when it comes out, it's actually not a horrible idea to let Link come back to the ground, the fact that his Dair sits out so long means that he'll probably end up landing with it and dealing with the associated endlag, which leaves more than enough time for a decently hard punish. And you don't even need to wait, you can hit him out of it, you just have to make sure that you're not underneath him when you go up to attack him.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Hinoka lovers rejoice! You can also S-Rank Sakura, so you probably can facerub and sleep with all your blood related siblings.

Don't worry, don't get salty. It's optional. It's meant for a different audience, everyone who wants to bone their immediate family. So it's completely okay. Just like panning down during face rubbing to rub all the other bits that are not the face. It's completely cultural you know, so it's fine!

I can't even type that without cringing a little. Help.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love it how people get disgusted over incest and call themselves FE fans.

That had the same stuff in Geneology of Holy War and Sacred Stones. Why are you acting like this is something new?

Hell Awakening had incest as well, remember Lucina and Owain's support?

But stripping the hero King has gone too far :4marth:

I'll laugh if :4robinm: is just as toned as Marth and Ike

D

Deleted member

So... In game play news apparently you can strip people in my castle. And during face rubbing you can pan down to their chest.

Jesus, optional or not, this is flatout sexual harassment. It's like having a Tharja panty raid thing in awakening.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54910
Everyone else in the world:

Me:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-------

Being serious for a second here:

I don't have a problem (and am entertained) with it because it's all consensual with the characters, so long as they write it such that the in-game characters aren't feeling harassed you can't IMO call it sexual harassment.

Is it "out there" by today's societal standards? Yes.

Is it the worst most perverted sexual thing to be conceived? Hell no.

Take a look at Saints Row where you can run around naked and beat people with [collapse=Vulgar]a giant purple Dildo[/collapse]

I feel like people are overreacting a bit, honestly.

But I have different standards from everyone else so I can understand the disturbance this has caused.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Hinoka lovers rejoice! You can also S-Rank Sakura, so you probably can facerub and sleep with all your blood related siblings.

Don't worry, don't get salty. It's optional. It's meant for a different audience, everyone who wants to bone their immediate family. So it's completely okay. Just like panning down during face rubbing to rub all the other bits that are not the face. It's completely cultural you know, so it's fine!

I can't even type that without cringing a little. Help.
I am going to hope this means you actually aren't related to them.... but that would ruin the entire point of the freaken choice! Its a no win situation. Glad I am going Nohr

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Fates may be the nail in the coffin for me and the Fire Emblem series. This game is taking way too many standards from the previous games and dumbing then down to make a game that can only be described as a disgrace. Not only are they taking most of their inspiration from Gaiden which is arguably one of the worst entries of the franchise, they also are trying to appeal to hard to the masses. They're alienating their most hardcore fans for the sake of making more money. It's disheartening to say the least. I will play Fates but if it's not impressive to me (which with the confirmed lack of other objectives besides Route the Enemy and Kill the Leader it doesn't seem like it will) I'm just going to find another SRPG to get into.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Fates may be the nail in the coffin for me and the Fire Emblem series. This game is taking way too many standards from the previous games and dumbing then down to make a game that can only be described as a disgrace. Not only are they taking most of their inspiration from Gaiden which is arguably one of the worst entries of the franchise, they also are trying to appeal to hard to the masses. They're alienating their most hardcore fans for the sake of making more money. It's disheartening to say the least. I will play Fates but if it's not impressive to me (which with the confirmed lack of other objectives besides Route the Enemy and Kill the Leader it doesn't seem like it will) I'm just going to find another SRPG to get into.
I thought Nohr route was supposed to get more objectives. Are you sure you're not just looking at the Hoshido route?

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I love it how people get disgusted over incest and call themselves FE fans.

That had the same stuff in Geneology of Holy War and Sacred Stones. Why are you acting like this is something new?

Hell Awakening had incest as well, remember Lucina and Owain's support?

But stripping the hero King has gone too far :4marth:

I'll laugh if :4robinm: is just as toned as Marth and Ike
The incest in FE4 was plot related. And the tone in FE4 was much darker. I'm fine with the incest in FE4 because it matches the environment. FATES however seems to be happy mcgargle splendyriffic land based on is presentation, and incest fits that as well as an axe murderer in Mr Rogers.

[Not to mention the censorship in the Western version. I laugh thinking about Companions then Brother Sister incest.]

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Gonna tell you guys right now, trying to keep Fates spoilers out of this thread is 100% an exercise in futility.

Just do your best to spoiler tag things, and we will be fine.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Wait, is game play spoilers permitted? I thought story stuff was forbidden but gameplay stuff allowed.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
The incest in FE4 was plot related. And the tone in FE4 was much darker. I'm fine with the incest in FE4 because it matches the environment. FATES however seems to be happy mcgargle splendyriffic land based on is presentation, and incest fits that as well as an axe murderer in Mr Rogers.

[Not to mention the censorship in the Western version. I laugh thinking about Companions then Brother Sister incest.]
Fates seems to be darker than Awakening though. But still, have to agree here.

Wait, is game play spoilers permitted? I thought story stuff was forbidden but gameplay stuff allowed.
Just take it here to be safe and if spoilers come up in the social thread direct them here as courtesy to those who wish to remain unspoiled.

http://smashboards.com/threads/fire-emblem-fates-spoilers-thread.407408/#post-19488657

(also, don't worry about needing an Invite to the group, its a formality anyways. You can post there regardless)

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

It do don't matter about tone or plot relations, don't act like this was something big. Besides, FE was never good with plot at all. Aside from FE4 and maybe PoR.

Because either the plot is bland and mediocre (FE1-3 and 6-8) or absolutely terrible (RD and second half of Awakening)

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
1, 3, and 11 had great plots mate. It was the hero's journey. Still in the middle of RD, so I can't talk.

And besides, Holy Blood provided the perfect reason for incest. They needed incest to bring Lopto back to life. It literally was a key part of the story. Then you also throw in things like the childhunts and what not.

Besides, back then, in medieval times cousin incest was no big deal. FE4 reflected those times very well. I doubt Fates will do the same.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
1, 3, and 11 had great plots mate. It was the hero's journey. Still in the middle of RD, so I can't talk.

And besides, Holy Blood provided the perfect reason for incest. They needed incest to bring Lopto back to life. It literally was a key part of the story. Then you also throw in things like the childhunts and what not.

Besides, back then, in medieval times cousin incest was no big deal. FE4 reflected those times very well. I doubt Fates will do the same.
My problem with most FE plots it's the same thing:

A hero of nobility with a legendary weapon must work with their friends and a rag tag bunch of recruits must defeat an evil madman terrorizing the Kingdom and sometimes continent with a dragon in there somewhere.

Only games that atleast try something different from that point was FE4 and FE9

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
My problem with most FE plots it's the same thing:

A hero of nobility with a legendary weapon must work with their friends and a rag tag bunch of recruits must defeat an evil madman terrorizing the Kingdom and sometimes continent with a dragon in there somewhere.

Only games that atleast try something different from that point was FE4 and FE9
And FE5!

Top Bottom