• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
This is a nutshell to how I feel about Young Link at the moment.
Would love for Young Link to return tbh. If he does, I'd anticipate him to receive adjustments like how Roy did.
OoT/MM Link is my favorite incarnation of him and I enjoyed playing YL so very much in Melee, his taunt was literally the best thing

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Would love for Young Link to return tbh. If he does, I'd anticipate him to receive adjustments like how Roy did.
OoT/MM Link is my favorite incarnation of him and I enjoyed playing YL so very much in Melee, his taunt was literally the best thing
Really?

Aw, thank you. This comment truly made my day. And yes, Young Link has the best taunt ever to exist in a Smash Bros game to date.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I'm playing through Awakening for the first time in months after I beat Sacred Stones. I keep thinking I can get support bonuses from 3 spaces away, and that your supports will increase your stats.

That and I forgot how OP Pair Up is :p

Edit: Oh yeah, and the abundance of skills and when you can acquire them.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Anyone mind playing me on 3DS? I actually want to start playing on non flat stages like Battlefield and DL

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Young Link has no shot.
I guess, but I don't really care, I still say :upsidedown:

Tell me about it. Seriously, if people still think that Young Link won't return after Wolf is announced, I think I earn full rights to so 'I told you so' when he is.
:facepalm:
When Ghirahim joins the battle, Alfonzo is in charge of his assist trophy.

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
New follower.
I tell myself that too and while he's glorious in HW, it'd be beyond amazing if he was in Smash context. D:
Hyrule warriors was a really good game. Repetitive, but good.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I was originally hoping for Ghirahim to be playable in Smash as his playstyle had the potential to be very unique and... sassy. His taunts would be pretty hilarious as well. That said, when he was announced as an assist trophy, I was slightly relieved that he was going be a part of the game, but at the same time I was disappointed that his place as a playable character was consequently thrown away. However, nothing is set in stone, he still could perhaps become part of the roster in the near future! Also, I wouldn't mind having another fellow LoZ representative.

Also, obligatory
Plot of the third route.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
A bit minor but someone will complain if I didn't mark it as a spoiler. Plus, people in Hong Kong got the game early so...

Remember Mozume? The female villager?
upload_2015-6-22_23-17-40.png

Well, look at this screenshot from the Nohr side.
upload_2015-6-22_23-18-14.png

That girl above Aqua/Azura is Mozume. The name next to the sprite and in Mozume's text bubble is the same. Looks like she'll be a neutral unit.

D

Deleted member

A bit minor but someone will complain if I didn't mark it as a spoiler. Plus, people in Hong Kong got the game early so...

View attachment 58064

View attachment 58065

That girl above Aqua/Azura is Mozume. The name next to the sprite and in Mozume's text bubble is the same. Looks like she'll be a neutral unit.
Alright someone at IS is getting CUT if I can't marry Mozume.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

View attachment 58064

View attachment 58065

Hooray, we get Donnel 2.0 on both sides. Also, frick yeah, more neutral characters with Hoshido classes

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

View attachment 58064

View attachment 58065

I'm crazy, or do I see two Kamuis there?
maybe spotpass?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm crazy, or do I see two Kamuis there?
maybe spotpass?
I believe they're from the streetpass battles from My Castle. They're marked with that shield to stand out from the rest. The second one appears to be Felicia... I really hope your gender doesn't determine if you get either Felicia or Jakob.

And look what I found, everyone.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm on such a Robin buzz right now guys it's like not even funny.

I replayed the Grima fight with only Robin, Chrom, Lucina, and my imported FemRobin. Rewatching the build up scene into Id (Purpose) was soooo good. It made me feel all giddy and stuff. It doesn't help that I ended Grima with a crit Thoron. Embarrass

Now excuse me while I go play Smash and play around with Robin and my amiibo son c:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Ehh...No shot is stretching it a bit, I'd say. He has a shot at coming back, even if it's as a skin or something a la Lucina's original design. After all, right now they seem to be in their "Let's bring back all the characters!" (minus Snake) phase and he was a cut character. The problem is demand. He doesn't have a lot of it, from what I can tell, so Sakurai may or may not see the value in bringing him back.

Also, if he's in, that means Pichu's probably being brought back too (does anybody actually want him as a fighter?)

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I started by playing with my amiibo, and now I can't stop taking pictures of Robin. :estatic:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Also, if he's in, that means Pichu's probably being brought back too (does anybody actually want him as a fighter?)

Yo.

Keep his self-harm gimmick, but, get rid of Thunder, and give Pichu Pain Split instead. Similar hitbox to Rest, but instead of massive knockback, Pichu and the opponent's percent are averaged out.

Pichu's a high-risk character? Let's give him some crazy high reward to go with it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yo.

Keep his self-harm gimmick, but, get rid of Thunder, and give Pichu Pain Split instead. Similar hitbox to Rest, but instead of massive knockback, Pichu and the opponent's percent are averaged out.

Pichu's a high-risk character? Let's give him some crazy high reward to go with it.
That.... wouldn't even be a good move. Like what?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Yo.

Please no. We don't need to bring the Pika-clone trendsetter back into Smash.
If anything, let's give ol' :4pikachu:a Thunderstone and get ourselves a :026:!
Honestly though I've been dreaming of the day that Game Freak will finally evolve Pikachu into it's objectively better evolution.

I'm not a Pika-hater or anything like that. I grew up loving this adorable little electric rat, I've just always liked Raichu more. Just look at this guy! Just as adorable, but with (roughly) 50% more bad*ss.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright,

@ Moydow Moydow

Fundamentals are pretty solid,

The one thing I noticed that I think is huge is over-reliance on certain moves.

This becomes very evident with ZSS, you rely on her D-B a ton, sometimes you would get a hit, but most of the time you would miss and leave yourself open to be potentially punished.

You also too often attempt punishes OoS with F-Smash, this was more so evident during the ZSS and Roy matches as opposed to the Marth matches.

Sometimes they would connect, but there were a number of times where you got grabbed or punished hard otherwise for it.

You also tend to become very very greedy for the stock after you lose yours.

One match in particular sits in my mind where I believe it was Battlefield, I took your stock, you respawn, and then try and fail to KO me with ZSS's U-B three times in a row, and I took you from 0 -> 79% in under 10 seconds for it.

Overall I would simply say to mix up your punishes and general approaches, over-reliance on certain things will get you read and punished all day.

I mention approaches because most of the time I was able to interrupt you with projectiles as you came in.

Some final minor things,

When you miss a tech, you often roll forwards, I punished that with Boomerang probably 50 times or more total during our matches.

Don't challenge Link's Dair unless your name is :4ganondorf:'s U-Smash or something with invulnerability or a disjoint that covers a lot of space, Link's Dair will at the very least trade with a lot of things as he comes down, so it's not a good idea to attempt to challenge it unless you have a move that can outrange it or completely outprioritize its pretty heavy damage. A number of times I caught you with this as I was coming down, ZSS's U-Smash is really the only consistent option she has to punish it without risking any sort of trade damage.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
This becomes very evident with ZSS, you rely on her D-B a ton, sometimes you would get a hit, but most of the time you would miss and leave yourself open to be potentially punished.
This one I already knew about; her down-B is pretty useful in a lot of situations, so it's a difficult habit to get out of.

I mention approaches because most of the time I was able to interrupt you with projectiles as you came in.
I tried shielding them at the start, but quickly realised that doesn't work in lag, so I sort of ran out of ideas. What else would you suggest for getting around the barrage of bombs and arrows?

When you miss a tech, you often roll forwards, I punished that with Boomerang probably 50 times or more total during our matches.
I don't even know why I kept doing that :/

Don't challenge Link's Dair unless your name is :4ganondorf:'s U-Smash or something with invulnerability or a disjoint that covers a lot of space, Link's Dair will at the very least trade with a lot of things as he comes down, so it's not a good idea to attempt to challenge it unless you have a move that can outrange it or completely outprioritize its pretty heavy damage. A number of times I caught you with this as I was coming down, ZSS's U-Smash is really the only consistent option she has to punish it without risking any sort of trade damage.
His d-air was something I was going to ask about; I know it stays out for ages, but a few other things caught me out about it, like how it bounces when it hits. I think I figured out myself eventually that her u-smash was pretty much the only thing I could use to catch him while he's coming down with it.

Top Bottom