• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
New avatar hype.

Here is what I think of FE 6 so far

Why is it so ****ing hard?
Be thankful you're not playing FE4.

Anyway, the technical explanation is that the RNG is biased against the player ... on purpose. RNG Manipulation is advised. :p

:231:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Female Kamui... er, I mean, Corrin, is still the hottest FE:Fates character tho. I mean look.

Dat sassy pose. Dat hair. Doze eyes. Dat Absolute Territory.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Are we able to make jokes that Lazwald and Odin's kids are what Inigo and Owain's kids would've looked like and that the parents for Not!Cordelia, Not!Gaius and Not!Tharja are what the Awakening character's parents looked like?
Anyway, In Awakening, I didn't like the fact that Female Robin could only have 2 kids with Chrom and how Male Robin could have 2 kids with a lot of the females. Now they practically reversed it for Fates. Now Male Corrin can only have 2 kids with Azura while Female Kamui can have 2 kids with a lot of the males. Why? I mean, why do the female siblings and Felicia not have kids of their own?
but guys he has gray hair this time! And likes salty chips:troll:
Remember that females affect hair color now. The gray color is likely a substitute until the parents marry and the hair color is determined.
Also, "Optional additions that I don't even need to worry about and doesn't affect the way I play! GET THAT OUTTA MY GAME!" is the general reaction I'm getting from the audience today.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Also, "Optional additions that I don't even need to worry about and doesn't affect the way I play! GET THAT OUTTA MY GAME!" is the general reaction I'm getting from the audience today.
It's not so much that these thing are in the game and I can or can't do them at my own will, it's what they are that's upsetting me.

S-Supporting Siblings? Strip-down game? Come on.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually this reminds me of the times Awakening was accused of being a 'Waifu Simulator'. That looks tame in comparison to Fates, lol

:231:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Why don't we just slap the M on it and be done with it already.
In Japan, the games are rated C, which falls roughly midway between the US T and M (the exact definition is for ages 15+). Awakening was rated B, so we've known for some time now that the game would contain more "grown-up" material than its predecessors.

XL_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-5463-6168
Pretty much this. It's not the first time this has happened, look at Pokemon if you want another example of Japanese devs adding more and more random extra things that don't have any affect on the main game the father along a series goes.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've got a question. How does your character have siblings if your entire family is mowed down by Garon at the beginning of the game? Are we sure the "siblings" are actual blood relatives?

Anyways, those types of things don't bother me. It's the actual gameplay that does. Are we going to have high ground this game? Doubt it. Will we have a diverse objective system? Doubt it. Will the stories intertwine in a meaningful and interesting way? I doubt it. But we'll see I guess...

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I can't get over the fact that Ike is making a genuine smile here asdfghjkl

He's so precious here ♥

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Anyways, those types of things don't bother me. It's the actual gameplay that does. Are we going to have high ground this game? Doubt it. Will we have a diverse objective system? Doubt it. Will the stories intertwine in a meaningful and interesting way? I doubt it. But we'll see I guess...
So, just wondering, do you have a specific reason for feeling like this (other than "Awakening didn't" if that's one)?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I am really considering S-Supporting Harold/Arthur on the Nohr side instead of Zero...
Mucha Lucha! MUCHA LUCHA!
Female Kamui... er, I mean, Corrin, is still the hottest FE:Fates character tho. I mean look.

Dat sassy pose. Dat hair. Doze eyes. Dat Absolute Territory.
Corrin is not an official name yet.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
In Japan, the games are rated C, which falls roughly midway between the US T and M (the exact definition is for ages 15+). Awakening was rated B, so we've known for some time now that the game would contain more "grown-up" material than its predecessors.
It'll probably stay a T then. M needs a lot more than that.

Do you think fate will sale as much as awakening?
At this rate? Probably not. Too many optional things that people don't like are appearing. Even I'm soured somewhat because of the whole incest thing. Just because I read ASoIAF doesn't make it any easier. If I get it, will I do it? Hell no. But it's still unsettling that it's even an option.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, just wondering, do you have a specific reason for feeling like this (other than "Awakening didn't" if that's one)?
It is kind of Awakening didn't, but I don't look at it like that. It's more or less since RD and PoR didn't sell as well as the others that the producer will probably thing those games are "bad" so they'll try to stay away from it. It's more or less that I know they are going to try to make the game accessible so doing complicated things like high ground is probably off the table.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's not so much that these thing are in the game and I can or can't do them at my own will, it's what they are that's upsetting me.

S-Supporting Siblings? Strip-down game? Come on.
A number of games have strip-downs, including Xenoblade and the Tales series(Tales of Legendia even has conversations that happen after you take the armor off of the females.). Heck, in Xenoblade, not only do you have the armor you equipped your characters in apply to story mode cutscenes, but you can even make the characters have conversations with each other while they are in the buff.
As for siblings, the fact you can S-support them most likely means they aren't your real siblings.
According to Sakura, you had a different father that wasn't the one that got killed by Garon and that you were with Mikoto when your step-father(the one that was killed) took both you and Mikoto in. Also it's unconfirmed if Mikoto is your actual mother.
It probably would've worked better if you could only S-support them much later after the truth is revealed, but the fact that you can S-support with them right away really gives a plot point away. Not to mention it really messes up the whole "Who will you fight for? Your family in Nohr or your family in Hoshido?" bit if your family in Hoshido isn't really your family.
But regardless on what people are trying to find out about your 'siblings' and whatnot...

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
It is kind of Awakening didn't, but I don't look at it like that. It's more or less since RD and PoR didn't sell as well as the others that the producer will probably thing those games are "bad" so they'll try to stay away from it. It's more or less that I know they are going to try to make the game accessible so doing complicated things like high ground is probably off the table.
Sorry, I haven't played most of the older games, but are multiple objectives and a good story exclusive to FE 9/10 or something?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
According to Sakura, you had a different father that wasn't the one that got killed by Garon and that you were with Mikoto when your step-father(the one that was killed) took both you and Mikoto in. Also it's unconfirmed if Mikoto is your actual mother.
It probably would've worked better if you could only S-support them much later after the truth is revealed, but the fact that you can S-support with them right away really gives a plot point away. Not to mention it really messes up the whole "Who will you fight for? Your family in Nohr or your family in Hoshido?" bit if your family in Hoshido isn't really your family.
That's a bit different.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I don't know how I feel about S-supporting siblings, I mean if it's platonic that's fine I guess. Even if siblings are not related by blood they are still siblings. As for the stripping part, I've seen weirder things in games, I just won't use it because it's optional, probably provides no gameplay benefits and most likely will not be as cute as face rubbing.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
The stripping thing is weird. Marrying siblings is weird.

But it's optional. I really can't believe that some people are letting two OPTIONAL things ruin the game for them smh

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Allow me to quote a post which sums my opinion perfectly.
http://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3aucfl/the_day_the_fire_emblem_community_collectively/
  • "Optional" is not always optional. These features are not absolutely necessary to beat the game, but neither is 75% of the features in the game anyway. The "optional" features are supposed to be what makes the game fun, otherwise it is a very dull and featureless game. These "optional" features which have nothing to do with strategy add up to a substantial amount of content in a strategygame. When you don't enjoy the "optional" features, there is not much left to enjoy.
-These features are integrated with other features. You cannot forge (a long-standing FE feature) without mining (a feature that has nothing to do with strategy). You cannot buy weapons without building a castle. Your ability to build supports depends somewhat on your willingness to rub people. All these things force you to use features you don't want to use in order to use features you do want to use.

-These features cannot possibly be balanced. Either the game expects you to use them (and therefore is too hard if you don't) or it doesn't (and therefore too easy if you do). The first would obviously be worse than the second, but either way is completely unbalanced on one side or the other. So any feature that gives a tactical or statistical advantage is never "optional."

-The longer these features exist, the more likely they are to become integral in future games. Example: reclassing was introduced in FE11&12 and was (more or less) optional. It made the game easier, but the game is not substantially different with or without it. You could choose not to use it and be fine. In Awakening, they made reclassing an integral mechanic, beating the game without it is substantially harder, and you cannot take advantage of the skill system or do any of the postgame without it. A huge amount of content is locked behind that.

D

Deleted member

Mikoto is Kamui's birth mother but they're obviously lying about the birth father.

Kamui has some Random Village Man dad who can turn into a stag dragon obv.

Looks like Kamui's not really marrying his Hoshido siblings after all :awesome:.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So... In game play news apparently you can strip people in my castle. And during face rubbing you can pan down to their chest.

Jesus, optional or not, this is flatout sexual harassment. It's like having a Tharja panty raid thing in awakening.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54910
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
phoenix-shock.gif

The fanservice in this game is starting to get a little too much even if it's optional.
I agree. Holy hell. I never expected this.

My opinions on this...
For same sex marriages, that is a feature that I won't be using, but I am glad that it is available for the people that will be using it. I do think that it will be taken out of in our release, however.

For marrying your siblings, I had a feeling that they were going to do this. They were either going to have some plot device or have the other character be a "companion," such as Owain and Lucina.

For stripping... holy hell. This will be a feature that I will be ignoring... unless for some reason it benefits me in gameplay or something. We're going towards "Waifu Emblem" this time, huh?

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Your ability to build supports depends somewhat on your willingness to rub people.
Umm, can't you still support the normal way in both paths? And doesn't the whole face-rubbing thing only work between Kamui and someone else?
-These features cannot possibly be balanced. Either the game expects you to use them (and therefore is too hard if you don't) or it doesn't (and therefore too easy if you do). The first would obviously be worse than the second, but either way is completely unbalanced on one side or the other. So any feature that gives a tactical or statistical advantage is never "optional."
The definition of optional is that it isn't required, and honestly for what I've heard, the advantages these things give aren't extremely big (forging/mining excepted). So yes, they are optional. Using them may be, however, optimal, depending your definition of that.

Matsushi

True Blood
Stripping and S-supporting siblings is optional and therefore they're trying to cater to both "sides"; the people who enjoy these sorts of things and people who don't. I myself am not gonna utilize these elements because I find them quite "over the top".

People shouldn't let this alone ruin their view of the game, it's optional and therefore can be non-existent if you choose it to be. Though if you do enjoy the idea of stripping and S-supporting siblings, that's completely acceptable too.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
To add on, they aren't extremely prominent or really pushed. You can likely ignore them without much effort.

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
View attachment 58176

I agree. Holy hell. I never expected this.

My opinions on this...
For same sex marriages, that is a feature that I won't be using, but I am glad that it is available for the people that will be using it. I do think that it will be taken out of in our release, however.

For marrying your siblings, I had a feeling that they were going to do this. They were either going to have some plot device or have the other character be a "companion," such as Owain and Lucina.

For stripping... holy hell. This will be a feature that I will be ignoring... unless for some reason it benefits me in gameplay or something. We're going towards "Waifu Emblem" this time, huh?
http://i.imgur.com/Wpn6EyM.png
http://imgur.com/a/gdGMU

And we get a bikini armor set! Which can be worn in combat!

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
The stripping thing is weird. Marrying siblings is weird.

But it's optional. I really can't believe that some people are letting two OPTIONAL things ruin the game for them smh
Incest is a pretty controversial topic much like same gender marriage. I can understand the complaint and how it is creeping some people out. Personally, I have nothing against it.

With that said, the people here are overreacting too much about this. First of all, if you find the option to marry your siblings alone already creepy just pick the Nohr version because nobody there is biologically related to you so the option is not there.

Although I do find it a bit hypocritical that people are okay marrying Nohr siblings but not Hoshido. Imagine growing up with the girl you were thinking as your sister and then suddenly want to make her your wife. Related or not, it is almost the same case.

Secondly, past FE games and not to mention a lot of book stories contain incest to some degree. As long as it is written well everything is good with me.

Now I have no words for the stripping part. I am neither for nor against it but..it certainly doesn't feel like a Fire Emblem feature to me. When people say "anime like" and too fanservicy...yeah I feel like they are right(What was IS thinking) but I still feel like the fanbase rages waaay to hard about this. The main point of FE:Fates(Story and Gameplay) can still be enjoyed without that part being in your gameplay and it still leaves you with (hopefully) good experience.

Those are extra features. Someting like the contest hall in Pokemon.

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Allow me to quote a post which sums my opinion perfectly.
http://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3aucfl/the_day_the_fire_emblem_community_collectively/
  • "Optional" is not always optional. These features are not absolutely necessary to beat the game, but neither is 75% of the features in the game anyway. The "optional" features are supposed to be what makes the game fun, otherwise it is a very dull and featureless game. These "optional" features which have nothing to do with strategy add up to a substantial amount of content in a strategygame. When you don't enjoy the "optional" features, there is not much left to enjoy.
-These features are integrated with other features. You cannot forge (a long-standing FE feature) without mining (a feature that has nothing to do with strategy). You cannot buy weapons without building a castle. Your ability to build supports depends somewhat on your willingness to rub people. All these things force you to use features you don't want to use in order to use features you do want to use.

-The longer these features exist, the more likely they are to become integral in future games. Example: reclassing was introduced in FE11&12 and was (more or less) optional. It made the game easier, but the game is not substantially different with or without it. You could choose not to use it and be fine. In Awakening, they made reclassing an integral mechanic, beating the game without it is substantially harder, and you cannot take advantage of the skill system or do any of the postgame without it. A huge amount of content is locked behind that.
I don't feel quite that strongly about the issue personally, but I agree with the core distinction, and it's pretty much the reason I almost never played Awakening. The airquotes optional features in Fates appear to be garnering more and more emphasis; I saw some Serenes peeps saying that like 1/3 of the known units are children. That's a huge amount of content that people are missing out on if they don't want to play the marriage game like the designers want them to.

I'm starting to feel like Fates is going to be the crux of an identity crisis for the series and its fans. Whereas FE has traditionally been about moving units around on tiled battlefields (and occasionally seeing those units have fun character building conversations), the series appears to be moving decisively towards moving units around on tiled battlefields in such a way as to get them to wed over a shared love of pie and pop out an offensively powerful/kawaii uguu~ war babby. Which... isn't an inherently bad thing. Just a very different thing, and one that many people are understandably not sure they're going to continue to enjoy.

Nah

Smash Champion
So am I the only one who's not bothered in the slightest about.....basically everything everyone seems to have a problem with in If/Fates?

Also found this the other day lol:

Top Bottom