• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Personally, I don't think Robin is a bland character; he's far from that really.
Robin has a defined personality, we see him grow, he has subtle quirks, he develops as a character, and he has his own strengths and weaknesses that we notice in the story (with what little it was in Awakening, but the Supports do give us insight).

Still a better love story than Twilight.
#2010MEMES
Anything is a better love story than Twilight.
Robin X Sully is a better love story than Twilight.

I think no support conversation can be as bad as most of Chrom's.
Especially Chrom and Robin (female, male is okay because bromance)
Chrom X Sumia literally get married over pies.
The build up between Female Robin X Chrom doesn't really make sense. I like Male Robin and Chrom's support more because it really shows the connection these two have; we see male Robin show concern for Chrom, where as in the female supports... we don't in favor of comedy.

I am thinking of playing my First retro Fire emblem. What should I play first?
FE 7? or FE sword of seals?
FE7 is widely regarded as one of the best FE games, so I go with that.
FE6, Roy's game, is considered to be bad or mediocre, thanks to the game's brutal difficulty, lack of developed characters, and Roy doesn't promote until 5 Chapters before the end.
...Looks like I was too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Play 7 first, to be quite honest 6 is a bit bad, the story is really similar to Marth's the parallels are everywhere, 7 is for me and by far the best of the GBA games and its addition kind of make 6 a little bit more intereseting.

I know the convesation has changed but oh well, I read people talking about best pairings worst pairings ever.

For me every S pairing with a child character is WRONG, I mean I have no problem with the options in the game, but if you think about it. "Oh hey friend I just married your daughter from the future, there is no problem here right", I don't know this just ask for ackward situations. Yes it is a game I know with no real people but this alone stop me for pairing Robin to any member of the children gen.

Plus pairing Robin x Lucina is super generic

Best pairing ever and the more romantic one is with no doubt and no questions asked Frederick x Cordelia:awesome:
*opens mouth and takes a deep breath in perpetration for a wall of text rebuttal, but then thinks better of it and closes mouth again*

*Sighs*

Look, this is topic I can and am fully capable of writing entire essays disagreeing with you on the Robin x Lucina point, but for the sake of not being the one to start a waifu fueled flame war, I will avoid doing that here. Also, this is really nice the place for this debate, really.

So, however since not being able to give my response will slowly eat me up inside, I am going to instead give this short, concise response: Personally I have no issue with Robin marrying the future kids, since in the end of the day they are distinct individuals to their current timeline counterparts (who will more likely than not grow up into different people due to not being a product of a apocalyptic future). Not to mention that they (Lucina at any rate) are consenting adults and thus isn't really creepy in my eyes. Awkward as hell? Yeah it is, which is why I am really sad the game never addressed this. I want to see Chrom react to having a granddaughter when he's only like 21-22 years old. It could have been so awkwardly hilarious!

As for Lucina and Robin being a generic paring, yeah, I can admit its kinda the "boring/predictable choice", but I still will stand by it for one important reason: it is the only pairing for M!Robin that ties back in and impacts the main story, and the only one for any gendered Robin that rather than subtract depth from the story (**looks at F!Robin x Chrom**) adds so many additional layers to it. I could go on for pages upon pages on just this alone, but I think I'll spare everyone of that.

But again, for the sake of not sparking Waifu War 3, I will just agree to disagree on this.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The new Awkward Zombie comic was awesome.

And Fire Emblem If/Fates comes out this Thursday (in Japan)!

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
This is nothing related to Robin or smash but I thought I'd share.

Then it's PERFECT for the Robin Social! :yeahboi:
And Fire Emblem If/Fates comes out this Thursday (in Japan)!
Then it's almost time. GENTLEMEN! Time to batten down the hatches and ride out this 6+ month storm of spoilers!

Search for any fanart of FE Fates now, before they become riddled with spoileriffic subject matter!

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Then it's PERFECT for the Robin Social! :yeahboi:

Then it's almost time. GENTLEMEN! Time to batten down the hatches and ride out this 6+ month storm of spoilers!

Search for any fanart of FE Fates now, before they become riddled with spoileriffic subject matter!
I have resigned myself to the fact that I am going to get spoilers. While I am not going to actively seek them out, I am also not going to bother fighting what will be an losing battle to remain unspoiled for the next 6+ months.

Edit: That said, I will be actively looking up EVERYTHING I can on the gameplay front. I want to know all the class skills, paring options, full character lists, etc as soon as possible.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I like to spoil myself anyways, so I'm probably going to see walkthroughs of the game (if there are any), along with the Third Path DLC then stop watching until the game comes out.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Times like this I really wish I could speak Japanese, but I'm importing anyway.
Well there is always that option. Five bucks says that within a week or two someone will already be doing a full walkthrough on Youtube, fully translated into English by themselves.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
:4greninja:'ed so hard.

And I don't mind Corrin (shoutouts to Guardians of Ga'Hoole Coryn) but I'll probably end up naming him/her Kamui anyway.
As far as I know, Corrin was just a name the Treehouse people decided to use at E3 "to make their lives easier." Maybe it's still Kamui but they had trouble pronouncing it so they changed it to Corrin for E3.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
As far as I know, Corrin was just a name the Treehouse people decided to use at E3 "to make their lives easier." Maybe it's still Kamui but they had trouble pronouncing it so they changed it to Corrin for E3.
That's what I thought, but I checked the Fire Emblem Wiki and they had his/her name listed as Corrin.

Troykv

Smash Master
Thursday? Well, looks like that I will have some fun looking Walkthrough (I don't want to buy the game personally)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I would recommend keeping the social free of IF spoilers and making a separate thread over in the social group. A lot of people here want to remain unspoiled.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Last edited:

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Hi all! New guy here, I've been told by a frequent visitor here that you're a bunch of very nice people, so I thought i'd say hello! I don't main Robin but I am currently playing through Awakening and The Sacred Stones. So yeah, it's a pleasure to meet you all!

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
Hi all! New guy here, I've been told by a frequent visitor here that you're a bunch of very nice people, so I thought i'd say hello! I don't main Robin but I am currently playing through Awakening and The Sacred Stones. So yeah, it's a pleasure to meet you all!
Heyo! nice to have you, and nice signature.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
wrong, indeed :p
This one is better, in my completely entirely unbiased opinion: http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Avatar_(Fates)
Clearly unbiased, but that's beside the point. I followed the link in your sig already to determine that it was another wiki. I guess more people got confused by the Nintendo Treehouse than I thought. Even TV Tropes has Corrin listed as Kamui's English name.
Welcome to our crazy little corner of Smashboards!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Tfw someone wants a "classic" Melee Roy alt for Sm4sh.

Who's Aqua? :troll: (lol at dub name changes)
Well people still want :4marth: old Melee/Brawl costume back, :4fox:/:4falco: Melee styles, :4jigglypuff: headband, :4link::4ganondorf:&:4zelda: OOT look and SS and classic :4sonic:.

But I still want Justin Bailey :4zss:, Grandmaster :4robinm:, Sunshine :4mario:&:4peach: and Mr. L for :4luigi:

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
:4greninja:'ed so hard.

And I don't mind Corrin (shoutouts to Guardians of Ga'Hoole Coryn) but I'll probably end up naming him/her Kamui anyway.
I don't mind the name Corrin at all, but for some strange reason, it somewhat reminds me of Purin. :4jigglypuff: That said, I think I'll probably keep the name Kamui, it sounds very elegant to me.
HAI, YOU HAVE ARRIVED. Warm welcomes to you, it's a pleasure to finally have you aboard the Robin Social!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Well people still want :4marth: old Melee/Brawl costume back, :4fox:/:4falco: Melee styles, :4jigglypuff: headband, :4link::4ganondorf:&:4zelda: OOT look and SS and classic :4sonic:.

But I still want Justin Bailey :4zss:, Grandmaster :4robinm:, Sunshine :4mario:&:4peach: and Mr. L for :4luigi:
Yeah but Melee Roy's just so........... eugh. *shudders*
I don't mind the name Corrin at all, but for some strange reason, it somewhat reminds me of Purin. :4jigglypuff: That said, I think I'll probably keep the name Kamui, it sounds very elegant to me.

HAI, YOU HAVE ARRIVED. Warm welcomes to you, it's a pleasure to finally have you aboard the Robin Social!
Scratch what I said. Doesn't matter anyway cause Corrin's not official. False alarm, my mistake, yada yada yada.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Clearly unbiased, but that's beside the point. I followed the link in your sig already to determine that it was another wiki. I guess more people got confused by the Nintendo Treehouse than I thought. Even TV Tropes has Corrin listed as Kamui's English name.
Yeah, they weren't very clear about it. The rule we're going with is, since the E3 video didn't actually show them setting it up and using "Corrin" because that was what was in the box by default, we can't use it. Other places seem to be just going with Corrin because the host said "that'll make my life easier", but that could mean anything, really. It could be the default, but we don't really have any way to prove it yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom