• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Chrom x Cordelia dynamic reminds me of the Ash x Serena dynamic.

Only difference is that Cordelia's a good character.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The Chrom x Cordelia dynamic reminds me of the Ash x Serena dynamic.

Only difference is that Cordelia's a good character.
And that Chrom doesn't get bodied by the writers. Speaking of which I still need to do a Robin/ Cordelia S support on my FE:A game but gonna do that once I beat Lunatic first and the DLC then do Lunatic Plus.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Hmm Favorite Support pairing?

I really like Male Robin X Sumia, I find its surprisingly relate able given the context of MMO Horror Stories.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How bad was Robin X Sully exactly? I didn't bother unlocking it.
Let's just say that the support conversations involved actual fecal matter. And they got married over it

Look up the conversations on YouTube, it's legit

D

Deleted member

Let's just say that the support conversations involved actual fecal matter. And they got married over it

Look up the conversations on YouTube, it's legit
...People get married over anything in Awakening, do they?
I've read the conversation and... it's pretty stupid to say the least.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah man Gaius and Olivia got married over pie and how to make ones that taste well to say the least.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Easiest marriages ever in Awakening.

HAY I LOVE YOU

HAY I LOVE YOU 2

LETS MARRY

KAY

And then the two were married.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I know this opnion can end up being a little bit unpopular, but I hope marriable supports in Fates is better, even if they need to reduce the number of S Supports, and yes, that includes Kamui's/Corrin's supports.
I'd rather have quality over quantity.:smash:

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
I don't see why the main character, avatar, prince/heir, and commander of the entire army shouldn't be able to support with every ally.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't see why the main character, avatar, prince/heir, and commander of the entire army shouldn't be able to support with every ally.
It makes sense from a plot standpoint, but I agree with @ Elezir Elezir that I'd prefer stronger writing and fewer supports/marriages, than more supports and weaker writing.
See also: Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:

Elezir

I didn't mean 'support'. I meant 'marry'.
Every supports has something to offer, even if I, admittedly, found some to be kind of boring or 'wtf'.
Now, being able to marry all characters? They'd need to make a ****load of support for Kamui on the same level of RobinxCordelia, for example, which just isn't possible.
I say, pick off the character that would make more sense to have as Kamui's love interest and give them particulary good supports that can turn into marriage. Don't let Kamui or any other character be able to marry the other sex character (or even same if they, somehow allow it) just 'cause.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Speaking of Gregor

I ship him with everyone in awakening

I wish I could give him his own in-game harem
In soviet Russia, Gregor ships you?

Every supports has something to offer, even if I, admittedly, found some to be kind of boring or 'wtf'.
Now, being able to marry all characters? They'd need to make a ****load of support for Kamui on the same level of RobinxCordelia, for example, which just isn't possible.
I say, pick off the character that would make more sense to have as Kamui's love interest and give them particulary good supports that can turn into marriage. Don't let Kamui or any other character be able to marry the other sex character (or even same if they, somehow allow it) just 'cause.
Yeah, in Awakening i feel like only half of Robin's marriage options had proper build-up and were decently written, and even then I feel like only 1/4 of them could be said to be really compelling. I would like to see more that are equal to the best written ones in Awakening (which in my opinion, was Robin x Lucina, but I will freely admit Cordelia x Robin was also really good too)

Though funnily enough I think that most of the pairings that ended up getting extra content in the Beach/Harvest Scramble maps are among the ones that were already well written. Which is kinda a shame actually, since it gave already really good pairings even more content that would have been really nice for others that needed more work.

But, then again, that would mean no best conversation in the game Robin x Lucina hotspring conversation (he promises her he'll find a way to come back from the dead if he has to so he can be with here *sobs OTP tears) for me, which I am not sure is a universe I can live in.

Last edited:

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
I think Robin was just a bad character to be able to S with literally anyone, especially since it was the first time. Such a (intentionally) bland character can only mesh well with so many characters.

Sully is a good example of that. Sully's supports typically rely on reminiscing about when they were younger. But Robin has no past, no chemistry with Sully, and nothing to work with.

It could definitely be better executed, and looking at Kamui's relationships with the characters so far, I think it will turn out much better.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I think Robin was just a bad character to be able to S with literally anyone, especially since it was the first time. Such a (intentionally) bland character can only mesh well with so many characters.

Sully is a good example of that. Sully's supports typically rely on reminiscing about when they were younger. But Robin has no past, no chemistry with Sully, and nothing to work with.

It could definitely be better executed, and looking at Kamui's relationships with the characters so far, I think it will turn out much better.
Robin is a bland character?

Oh-ho-ho-hold on there one moment. I am going to disagree with you on that point. There's a really good analysis of Robin's personality someone linked me long time ago, which I feel does an amazing job of actually getting to the root of Robin as a character. http://maverickz3r0.tumblr.com/post/57117847539/why-did-grimas-vessel-have-to-be-a-nice-guy

Also, speaking of bad pairings, which ones for Robin do you guys think were genuinely badly written or over all just lame. We all talked about the ones we liked, so this is the logical continuation (and hopefully will not start a waifu war...)

Personally I am really not a fan of Robin x Sully, Robin x Severa, Robin x Kjelle, and Robin x Flavia. Also, while not badly written really, I am not a fan of Robin x Nowi or Robin x Nah... due to making me feel a bit... "uncomfortable" to put it mildly.

Last edited:

Elezir

Nah.
You just can't expect to have a load of supports on the same level.
The more supports they do, the more they are going to run out of ideas and start resorting to marrying people off over pies.
Particulary when you are trying to reduce a romatic relationship in 4 small conversations.

and well, about the bit of Robin being 'bland', I think @ TheWerdna TheWerdna already beat me to it.
Also, some of Robin's supports weren't the only bad or wtf ones when it came to marriage, either.

Remember, though, that Kamui is supposed to be an ' avatar' character too, like Robin ^^.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Worst support is probably Cherche's for me.

Dragons...THEN SUDDENLY LOVE

wth.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Worst support is probably Cordelia's for me.

Dragons...THEN SUDDENLY LOVE

wth.
I take it you meant Cherche? Since that seems like who you are describing, but if not... *looks at all the Cordelia shippers in the threads and backs away from line of fire*

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
It is probably Cherche's, and yes, I agree with you.
It was nice for comedy, not romance.:upsidedown:
Well, just in case I am going to hide in my bunker.

Because I know how I would react if someone started bad-mouthing Robin x Lucina, so I am going to stay clear of this one

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've got quite a few supports that I liked, such as VaikexLon'qu, MaribellexOlivia, and a few others

As far as marriage though, I like ChromxOlivia, StahlxCordelia is kind of sweet. CynthiaxGerome is wonderful.

I don't think I have a favorite one though, but I do love the supports between the children and their parents. I just wish they could have had unique ones for the fathers like how they did it in the Future Past DLC

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I take it you meant Cherche? Since that seems like who you are describing, but if not... *looks at all the Cordelia shippers in the threads and backs away from line of fire*
Massive brain fart, I was focused on something else at the moment. >_>

But yes, Cherche's support with Robin reeks of WTF in regards to pacing.

Last edited:

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Robin may not have a particularly bland personality, but he's still missing something that most every other character has: a past. I suppose he also lacks a blatant trope, something you could describe him with in one word, something that you might love or might hate. Those more blatant tropes are a lot easier to pair up in my opinion, out of chemistry or irony. He's very neutral, with his good balance of nice-guy and poking-fun.

A lot of supports thrive off of pre-established backgrounds and traits. Lon'que, Panne, Cordelia, etc.. Robin doesn't have as much to work with in that regard.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I've got quite a few supports that I liked, such as VaikexLon'qu, MaribellexOlivia, and a few others

As far as marriage though, I like ChromxOlivia, StahlxCordelia is kind of sweet. CynthiaxGerome is wonderful.

I don't think I have a favorite one though, but I do love the supports between the children and their parents. I just wish they could have had unique ones for the fathers like how they did it in the Future Past DLC
Oooh, I completely agree with you on Stahl x Cordelia (look, Robin was already with Lucina in my playthrough. Stahl x Cordelia is just as good as Robin x Cordelia, please don't hurt me) and Cynthia x Gerome. In fact, they are probably up there in my favorite pairings in the game.

My overall favorite pairings (with no overlap) are...

Robin x Lucina (1st favorite)
Stahl x Cordelia
Henry x Olivia (3ed favorite)
Libra x Tharja
Severa x Owain (2ed favorite)
Cynthia x Gerome
F!Morgan x Inigo
M!Morgan x Nah

And I will fight anyone on these.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Massive brain fart, I was focused on something else at the moment. >_>

But yes, Cherche's support with Robin reeks of WTF in regards to pacing.
Their supports were really disappointing. Cherche is just such great wife material, but has really odd supports with Robin and it really turns me away from that pairing. That and I'd rather have someone like Owain as my son rather then Batman Jr.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Still a better love story than Twilight.
#2010MEMES
Everything is a better love story than Twilight with the exception of Fifty Shades of Gray, which is even worse.

You could take Awakening's overall worst romantic support, whatever pair it is, and it would still be a better use of your time than Twilight.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I am thinking of playing my First retro Fire emblem. What should I play first?
FE 7? or FE sword of seals?
Sacred Stones :upsidedown:

If you have to pick one of those, then go with 7 I'd say

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I think no support conversation can be as bad as most of Chrom's.
Especially Chrom and Robin (female, male is okay because bromance)
Oh god, I am really not a fan of F!Robin x Chrom. It ruins the whole dynamic between Robin and Chrom which should be a bromace regardless of Robin's gender.

*ground rumbles as legions of Chrom fangirls aproach with pitchforks and naked Chrom posters in hand*

Uhhh.... well.... I think I'm going to die now...

Last edited:
Top Bottom