• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Their supports were really disappointing. Cherche is just such great wife material, but has really odd supports with Robin and it really turns me away from that pairing. That and I'd rather have someone like Owain as my son rather then Batman Jr.
And Gerome doesn't get Galeforce.

The hell would you want him as YOUR son for.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I like to put Cherche and Lon'Qu together, I doubt I'll put Chrom with someone other than Sumia, and I'll probably always marry Robin/MU with either Cordelia or Anna. I think those are the only things I care for in terms of coupling asides from Nowi and Donnel for an amazing Nah

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

The only reason I'd even want Gerome, is knowing I created the FE equivalent of Batman.

However in order for Gerome to become Batman, his parents have to die. When Robin is kill, you get Game Over.

Gerome = Game Over.

The lesson is don't marry Robin with Cherche

(Or don't recruit Gerome)

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Robin may not have a particularly bland personality, but he's still missing something that most every other character has: a past. I suppose he also lacks a blatant trope, something you could describe him with in one word, something that you might love or might hate. Those more blatant tropes are a lot easier to pair up in my opinion, out of chemistry or irony. He's very neutral, with his good balance of nice-guy and poking-fun.

A lot of supports thrive off of pre-established backgrounds and traits. Lon'que, Panne, Cordelia, etc.. Robin doesn't have as much to work with in that regard.
What bothers me is that they had something to work with: Robin is an amnesiac, and while it doesn't count as a 'background', it could've been used in some support for powerful results. I mean, he can't remember who he was; it has to have impacts on someone.
But eh, they didn't. It kind of disappoints me.

Well, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Even the character that had interesting backgrounds had some really ****ty S-Supports, so :roll: Robin happens to be a big offender because he can S-Support with everyone, but it's not a problem reserved only to him.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Exactly, what's the point if you can't have him get Galeforce.

But its pointlessly anyways, since Aether!Morgan is best child. Because Aether + Luna mathematically best combo of two activatable moves (followed by Luna + Ignis)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only reason I'd even want Gerome, is knowing I created the FE equivalent of Batman.

However in order for Gerome to become Batman, his parents have to die. When Robin is kill, you get Game Over.

Gerome = Game Over.

The lesson is don't marry Robin with Cherche

(Or don't recruit Gerome)
Well, seeing your father possessed by a world ending jackass dragon is arguably worse than him dying.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Well, seeing your father possessed by a world ending ******* dragon is arguably worse than him dying.
Eh, Details :p

Either way he ends up becoming The Night.

A Wyvern Knight at least.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
What bothers me is that they had something to work with: Robin is an amnesiac, and while it doesn't count as a 'background', it could've been used in some support for powerful results. I mean, he can't who he was; it has to have impacts on someone.

Well, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Even the character that had interesting backgrounds had some really ****ty S-Supports, so :roll: Robin happens to be a big offender because he can S-Support with everyone, but it's not a problem reserved only to him.
Yeah, it kinda sucks that the serious issues Robin has as a result of his amnesia (leading to his massive self esteem issues) is something he never actually talks about. Instead its just heavily implied and addressed in other ways

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What bothers me is that they had something to work with: Robin is an amnesiac, and while it doesn't count as a 'background', it could've been used in some support for powerful results. I mean, he can't remember who he was; it has to have impacts on someone.
I seem to recall that being brought up and discussed in a few supports. It's not something Robin wants to dwell on, at least.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It's a shame we know nothing about his mother. The only thing we saw was from some Awakening manga in which she was only seen for like one chapter.

D

Deleted member

Get all this Gerome hate out of here.

I'm not afraid to break out the Jontron clip:

Elezir

Goddammit Robin.

Poor Roy.:troll: Being overshadowed by :4ryu:'s awesomeness.
It's ok, dear. You actually looks awesome this time around.:happysheep:I don't like Roy, but even I got bit curious and would have tried him if I could at least buy dlc.

In anyway, figures Katie would find a way to satirize poor Roy.:troll:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
If Robin was a pokemon what type would he be?

My guess

Thunder/Dragon
Corrin/Kamui would probably be Dark/Dragon...Meaning he too would get demolished by Sylveon.

Looking just at Awakening my favorite supports were probably between The Avatar (or technically whoever is Noire's dad) and Noire. It's genuinely cute how much he went through to keep Noire from getting hexed. The support between Virion and the Avatar is probably my 2nd favorite.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
DAMMIT.
I've been waiting all week to be the first to post that comic.
Sigh...

You'd be surprised how fast I'll do things to distract me from lingering midterm exams and reports.

Yeah, it's not something to be proud of per se, but it's something I've kept record of. =&

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else noticed that kamui in the hoshido path feels like he/she has a slightly different personality than kamui in the nohr path. He's a lot more snarky and less subdued, I feel.

Elezir

Playing FE 6 and here is what I think so far

why Eliwood so old? where Lyn at?
You would understand that if you played FE7 first :roll:
FE 7 is Eliwood, Lyn and Hector's game, while FE 6 is Eliwood's son, Roy, game.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
What went down?
When things reached rock-bottom at the end of the last patch before the Expansion Pack, there was one character who was there for you and what few friends of yours remained. He took you in, he aided you, he gave you shelter, and he arranged asylum for you. He was a shining beacon of optimism in a very pessimistic world. His name was Lord Haurchefant de Fortemps (prounounced Haw-sher-fau de Fore-tome). I reached a certain point in the story today. He was killed. Beyond any doubt.

Last edited:

Elezir

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
****. ph well.
Play 7 first, to be quite honest 6 is a bit bad, the story is really similar to Marth's the parallels are everywhere, 7 is for me and by far the best of the GBA games and its addition kind of make 6 a little bit more intereseting.

I know the convesation has changed but oh well, I read people talking about best pairings worst pairings ever.

For me every S pairing with a child character is WRONG, I mean I have no problem with the options in the game, but if you think about it. "Oh hey friend I just married your daughter from the future, there is no problem here right", I don't know this just ask for ackward situations. Yes it is a game I know with no real people but this alone stop me for pairing Robin to any member of the children gen.

Plus pairing Robin x Lucina is super generic

Best pairing ever and the more romantic one is with no doubt and no questions asked Frederick x Cordelia:awesome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom