• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I could be on the wrong wiki. Here's a link http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar_(Fates)

Edit* Okay yeah it was a different wiki. I should've trusted my gut instead of fact checking.
That same wiki listed St. Garon's class as a Revenant Knight even though there's no information that supports it. The only assumption made there is that he uses an axe to finish off Kamui's father and was shown using magic in cutscenes during the Treehouse event.

Maybe he is a Revenant Knight or he could get his own personal class that uses axes and magic.
Even TV Tropes has Corrin listed as Kamui's English name.
Not anymore.

Matsushi

True Blood
Yeah but Melee Roy's just so........... eugh. *shudders*

Scratch what I said. Doesn't matter anyway cause Corrin's not official. False alarm, my mistake, yada yada yada.
Oh, poo. Well, IF Corrin was an official name. ^^;
Well people still want :4marth: old Melee/Brawl costume back, :4fox:/:4falco: Melee styles, :4jigglypuff: headband, :4link::4ganondorf:&:4zelda: OOT look and SS and classic :4sonic:.

But I still want Justin Bailey :4zss:, Grandmaster :4robinm:, Sunshine :4mario:&:4peach: and Mr. L for :4luigi:
Grandmaster :4robinm:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Yeah, they weren't very clear about it. The rule we're going with is, since the E3 video didn't actually show them setting it up and using "Corrin" because that was what was in the box by default, we can't use it. Other places seem to be just going with Corrin because the host said "that'll make my life easier", but that could mean anything, really. It could be the default, but we don't really have any way to prove it yet.
Makes sense. Some people I guess just want to immediately assume/infer that Corrin is the English default.

I will admit the other wiki had some interesting history on the name Corrin. I'll post it here if anyone is curious.
Corrin may be a variation of Corinne which is, in turn, the English and French variant of Corinna. It derives itself from the Greek word κόρη (kore), meaning "maiden." In Greek Mythology, this is the epithet of Persephone, who was kidnapped from her mother, Demeter, by Hades to become his wife. This could be reflecting the Avatar's own kidnapping from their family at the hands of King Garon.

Corinna is also the name of a Greek Lyric Poet from the 5th Century BC. It fell into common usage following the 17th century poem "Corinna's going a-Maying" by Robert Herrick , whilst Corrine did not become popular until Madame de Staël's 19th century novel of the same name.

Corrin may also be a variation of Corin which, while it can retain the same meaning as its counterpart, is the French variant of Quirinus. Quirinus was the Sabine god of war. This could be a reference to the conflict between Hoshido and Nohr in which the Avatar is caught in the middle of. Quirinus is also derived from the Sabine word quirus, which means "spear."

While the name is presumably unisex, it seems to be more common as a feminine name.
That same wiki listed St. Garon's class as a Revenant Knight even though there's no information that supports it. The only assumption made there is that he uses an axe to finish off Kamui's father and was shown using magic in cutscenes during the Treehouse event.

Maybe he is a Revenant Knight or he could get his own personal class that uses axes and magic.

Not anymore.
Cause I changed it.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The default U.S. name for Kamui is going to be up for debate until either the game's release or if we somehow hear more information about the Western release in general.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Goddammit Robin.

I think the fact that Lucas isn't there says a lot :[

Hi all! New guy here, I've been told by a frequent visitor here that you're a bunch of very nice people, so I thought i'd say hello! I don't main Robin but I am currently playing through Awakening and The Sacred Stones. So yeah, it's a pleasure to meet you all!
Enjoy your time here! That signature though

I hereby dedicate this page to falcon. dancing

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah but Melee Roy's just so........... eugh. *shudders*

Scratch what I said. Doesn't matter anyway cause Corrin's not official. False alarm, my mistake, yada yada yada.
Can't blame you, he look like an f***boi. Now he actually looks like a bada**.

Probably fought for his friends :4myfriends:
Or Lilina. Either one

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Can't blame you, he look like an f***boi. Now he actually looks like a bada**.

Probably fought for his friends :4myfriends:
Or Lilina. Either one
Fighting for you friends is a hell of a workout routine.
TV Tropes or Not Moydow's FE Wiki?
TV Tropes
I think the fact that Lucas isn't there says a lot :[
Roy and Ryu pretty much stole all Lucas hype. :laugh:
No it's cause Lucas was right here.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Perhaps the worst thing about marriage coming back (and nintendo's refusal to allow gay marriage) for me is that if I want to play female kamui, I have to marry a guy.

Anyone want to help me pick out a husbando?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Perhaps the worst thing about marriage coming back (and nintendo's refusal to allow gay marriage) for me is that if I want to play female kamui, I have to marry a guy.

Anyone want to help me pick out a husbando?

Gotta keep that family friendly look, remember Tomadachi Life controversy? Nintendo just wants to be a company who wants to avoid those lines.

Marry Lon'qu or Fredrick

Matsushi

True Blood
N-... no...
No worries! You're still welcome here, though you should definitely play a Fire Emblem game whenever you get the chance! Sacred Stones is available at the eShop if you wanna start there. You can also start with Awakening if you're not one for the classics.

OR, you can play Radiant Dawn, which is my personal favourite from the series. Though you might have to play Path of Radiance in order to get a better understanding of the Tellius story.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Splatoon can wait I suppose :smash:
As someone who came into the series with Awakening I can vouch for it being a good jumping on point. It does a good job introducing new players to the mechanics and is not as unforgiving as some of the older games can be. Not to mention it follows characters you'd be familiar with from Smash.

Top Bottom