• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
God damn.

I started working out with my Dad yesterday, to try to build a little muscle and get my body in shape.

Everything is sore. Aaaaaaghhhh.
I started going to the gym this week, so I can sympathize. I suppose that's what I get for not doing any serious physical activity since I finished high school.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You people who don't go to the gym.

I go frequently to run for an hour and a half on a treadmill.

Music from games such as Xenoblade and Metroid helps a lot.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I only use default Robin male and only default female Robin on accident or if someone get to the default male Robin first. There's no alt color that I actually like for Robin sadly which is weird cause I usually like a alt color for characters all the time.

And on the topic of weight lifting and what not I know that pain as well but once you get into it it feels so good. I got lazy with it during high school where grades got in the way so I have to stop playing football and wrestling for a while then I got lazy and played a crap ton of Pokemon after school lol.

D

Deleted member

God damn.

I started working out with my Dad yesterday, to try to build a little muscle and get my body in shape.

Everything is sore. Aaaaaaghhhh.
Please keep in mind that Diet > Workout when it comes to building muscle mass.

Also please note that building muscle mass isn't a fast process.

If it's your first cycle you'll likely see results after a few weeks (even from lifting alone, potentially), but after that it becomes much slower as your body adapts to lifting weights.

Good Protein sources and complex Carb. sources are key.~

Getting enough sleep is also extremely important, your body does most of its recovery during sleep so if you're sleep deprived you won't see too much in terms of results.

Post-Workout protein and carbs is notable in it of itself as well.~

Doing the same muscle group on consecutive is also typically a bad idea (because you want to give muscle groups time to recover), but it depends on the program you're doing and I've read about people actually getting results from it.

With a decent amount of dedication you'll get somewhere though, I have no idea if you're mesomorph (naturally muscular), endomorph (naturally heavy), or ectomorph (naturally thin), but either way you can get results.

I am an ectomorph myself, and I've been lifting for about 5-6 years now and dieting seriously for about 4 years.

[collapse=And this is the body that I have achieved as such (Large Images)]
IMG_20150620_113828_414.jpg
IMG_20150620_115313_525.jpg
[/collapse]

Dedication is key.~

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I love that my body is now accustomed to getting up at 7 am, as it lets me get started with the day super early.

I do not like that my body is accustomed to getting up at 7 am exclusively, so that even going to bed at 3 am means I'm just getting four hours of sleep before I'm up and about.

Ugh.

D

Deleted member

I'm not a morning person at all x.x I go to sleep around 12 or 1 am and wake up around 10 am and I still feel like I don't get enough sleep.

Matsushi

True Blood
My sleeping schedule always becomes horribly jumbled when the summer break starts, so I end up waking up and going to sleep at the most ridiculous times. Though I do bring it upon myself occasionally such as yesterday, there are some nights where I physically can't bring myself to fall asleep.

There was once a time where I had fallen asleep at 6pm and woke up at 4pm the next day. I slept for 22 hours, something @ Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa will never let me live down.

D

Deleted member

22 hours? o.o I didn't really think that was possible xD
The most I've slept is like 12 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I go to sleep at 12:00 AM or 1:00 AM on weekends and days off and I go to sleep at 10:30 to 11:00 PM on school days.
I usually get up for school at 6:00, but my weekend times are random. I could get up as early as 8:00 to as late as 11:30.

There was once a time where I had fallen asleep at 6pm and woke up at 4pm the next day. I slept for 22 hours, something @ Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa will never let me live down.
...Whoa.

Matsushi

True Blood
HEY OKAY LOOK, it's been like

two

hours...
since i last

brought it up

i'm a terrible person <3
pls

Milo pls
22 hours? o.o I didn't really think that was possible xD
The most I've slept is like 12 hours.
I didn't think it was possible either! I was extremely exhausted from a trip that I went to (we had gone to a "performance" where poets shared the meaning behind their works respectively). When I arrived home, I literally just threw my bags across my room and fell asleep. Little did I know that I was gonna sleep for so long, my parents were genuinely concerned and thought I had fainted or something.:emptysheep:
LOL.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@SuperTorn (my boyfriend) used to wake up at 5pm a few years ago but that was before I knew him.
Last year he would wake up at 1pm and I would give him so much hate for it xD

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I started going to the gym back in May. So far I've been keeping up with it.

I still got a long way to go though.

Also, l8 but gr8:

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Ay, I used to do lots of cross-country running, tennis and badminton back in school. Don't know if I'll be continuing with that or not considering that I'm tired 95% of the time these days.
what is this "sleeping schedule" you speak of
such things do not exist in my world
Of course you'd say that! I found you playing For Glory at 4am. :cheep:
I have a hard time imagining myself sleeping for 22 hours straight....
It was actually rather... nice, though I woke up frothing with hate.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This site has shifted my sleep times from 11 PM to 2 AM. Not helped by timezones, and the site being the most active near the times I go to sleep.

:231:

Matsushi

True Blood

it was actually 3:30am, thank you very much (as if that makes it any better) :p
so, what were you doing still awake at 3:30am, then?
I was... simply turning everything off is all, until I coincidentally bumped into a familiar face and decided to play some more.

[maya's face is literally putting me on the spot holy jaysus]

Top Bottom