• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I think the biggest problem about that is that they said this was an entirely different setting from Awakening, right? Making this clone characters feels entirely lazy and unnecessary. Dunno what I'll do with Owain and Inigo as I'm kind of a klepto with recruiting units the first time around, but I'll let the Severa lookalike die because she's awful
I am sorta meh about all the clones. Except for Not-Owain, since Owain was tied with Morgan for most entertaining support conversations, IMO. I could definitely go for some more Owain shenanigans.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I think the biggest problem about that is that they said this was an entirely different setting from Awakening, right? Making this clone characters feels entirely lazy and unnecessary. Dunno what I'll do with Owain and Inigo as I'm kind of a klepto with recruiting units the first time around, but I'll let the Severa lookalike die because she's awful
Eh, it does bothers me a bit that they are making way too many painfully obvious expies. I'm still going to recruit all of them but oh god, Severa 2.0 why.
I do like Odin's style, though, and not just because he reminds me of Owain:troll: His critic is quite sweet too, what with hovering on the air.

In any way, I don't think they needed to do this; Awakening only fans don't need painfully obvious expies of their favorite characters to be happy with a game, imo. I would have liked characters that felt freshier better, personally. It still doesn't spoil the game for me, though.

About the children units making a come back; the only thing I wouldn't want is time travel back, since I think it would feel too...forced into the game's theme. This game already has a lot to bite on, storywise. Anything more, and it's going to feel overwhelming and out of place. I never really cared much about the children units in particular, aside from some funny moments with them.

Either way, has it been confirmed? I stopped visiting Serenes to avoid more Fates info

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Eh, it does bothers me a bit that they are making way too many painfully obvious expies. I'm still going to recruit all of them but oh god, Severa 2.0 why.
I do like Odin's style, though, and not just because he reminds me of Owain:troll: His critic is quite sweet too, what with hovering on the air.

In any way, I don't think they needed to do this; Awakening only fans don't need painfully obvious expies of their favorite characters to be happy with a game, imo. I would have liked characters that felt freshier better, personally. It still doesn't spoil the game for me, though.

About the children units making a come back; the only thing I wouldn't want is time travel back, since I think it would feel too...forced into the game's theme. This game already has a lot to bite on, storywise. Anything more, and it's going to feel overwhelming and out of place. I never really cared much about the children units in particular, aside from some funny moments with them.

Either way, has it been confirmed? I stopped visiting Serenes to avoid more Fates info
Yeah, I kinda not see why the expies were needed. Then again, I am biased since I get to have a amiibo version of my awakening waifu in the game.

Yes, as far as we can tell child units have been indeed confirmed.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Yeah, I kinda not see why the expies were needed. Then again, I am biased since I get to have a amiibo version of my awakening waifu in the game.

Yes, as far as we can tell child units have been indeed confirmed.
Maybe the 3rd DLC storyline will focus around them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I bet the 3rd path is the neutral path, where you choose neither side and focus on ending the war on both sides or you focus on your own missions.
I just wonder how it plays out and how it is structured.

Last edited by a moderator:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I bet the 3rd path is the neutral path, where you choose neither side and focus on ending the war on both sides or you focus on your own missions.
I just wonder how it plays out and how it is structured.
inb4 Panne's child mission.

Elezir

Maybe the 3rd DLC storyline will focus around them.
You mean, the children units? That...would be actually interesting to see.
Of course, that would mean that the '3rd path' wouldn't be an alternate path, but a continuations of either storylines? I would like that, I guess, but I doubt.

Hey, maybe the children units are a dlc-only thing (separated of the 3rd path, of course)? I would be totally ok with that, since that way they wouldn't need to make up a forced explanatios to children

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Of course, that would mean that the '3rd path' wouldn't be an alternate path, but a continuations of either storylines? I would like that, I guess, but I doubt.

Hey, maybe the children units are a dlc-only thing (separated of the 3rd path, of course)? I would be totally ok with that, since that way they wouldn't need to make up a forced explanatios to children
That would be perfect! I hope they go along with this, actually.

Didn't prank you btw. Don't know how and don't care xd

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

inb4 Panne's child mission.
To be honest, I've always sided with one of them... I didn't think to refuse both...
By that point, I would have been able to take both teams on because I just grind and save some of the Paralogues for later and basically have this destructive army.

How about the Outrealm Gate for explaining whatevers?
That would make sense...

I just hope that the Awakening lookalikes don't end up being the actual Awakening characters. Like, I don't want the Owain lookalike to be Owain for example. It kinda ruins a part of Awakening for me if they did that.
...Just a random thought I wanted to bring up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elezir

Didn't prank you btw. Don't know how and don't care xd
Oh? oO Well, that's ok. I already know who pranked me.:troll:

How about the Outrealm Gate for explaining whatevers?
Shhhhh

We don't talk of that abomination here.
No, really. The Outrealm Gates only existed in FE: A to explain the cameos of past characters of the franchise, since they didn't know if it was going to be the last FE game.
That thing would only make the storyline more weird and complex than it needs to be. Also, how's someone who chose Nohr supposed to visit the Outrealm Gates?

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
How about the Outrealm Gate for explaining stuff?
To be honest, I've always sided with one of them... I didn't think to refuse both...
By that point, I would have been able to take both teams on because I just grind and save some of the Paralogues for later and basically have this destructive army.

That would make sense...

I just hope that the Awakening lookalikes don't end up being the actual Awakening characters. Like, I don't want the Owain lookalike to be Owain for example. It kinda ruins a part of Awakening for me if they did that.
...Just a random thought I wanted to bring up.
If they go along with this, I can only see the Annas showing up again tbh.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

I like that idea actually, I simply wouldn't get the DLC and all Awakening purits can get their children units fee.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Geez, I know I said that I want to go Hoshido first, but I don't know anymoree.

Also, if there are "clones" of those in Awakening, maybe the game will make it for Holiday 2015?....*hopes for at least February 2016*

D

Deleted member

No Little Macs on this image.
What are you talking about? That Tharja lookalike in that picture is clearly a photoshopped Little Mac. :troll:

So I was doing a little digging around and saw a interesting character no body likes?

Who is @Soul Blazer ?
He is a user that hated Awakening, and thus hated Robin (but Chrom more so).
When someone called him, he started to terrorize the social thread, to the point where many other moderators stepped in to it to calm everything down. I think he got banned in the end.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
What are you talking about? That Tharja lookalike in that picture is clearly a photoshopped Little Mac. :troll:

When someone called him, he started to terrorize the social thread, to the point where many other moderators stepped in to it to calm everything down. I think he got banned in the end.
Damn son, that bad?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

His profile doesn't list him as banned, but according to Opossum, he is.

D

Deleted member

Damn son, that bad?
Being someone who saw it first hand, yes. It was that bad.

His profile doesn't list him as banned, but according to Opossum, he is.
That's what I've heard.
It's strange how Premium titles take over the Banned title... personally, I think if someone is banned, there should be a different way to express it (like maybe a lock over their icon or a banner that says "Banned").

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

That's what I've heard.
It's strange how Premium titles take over the Banned title... personally, I think if someone is banned, there should be a different way to express it (like maybe a lock over their icon or a banner that says "Banned").
or erased from smashboards history.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

That's what I've heard.
I'm pretty sure that Banned titles take over Premium ones.

And it's sort of arbitrary how banned users are handled; you can access Soul Blazer's profile page, for instance, but you can't access, say, D-idara's. Yet other people with 6 points, you can access their profile pages just as fine.

I know this given how often I see users banned in front of my eyes.

Centicerise

Smash Cadet
NNID
harubanana732
"Favorite Color?" Red. I am a man of passion!
The most important thing to take from Raz's interview. Who among this place are people of passion?!
*Pumps Fist*
Red, the color of life, love and passion, shall always be one with my heart; though I liked the subdued warmth of orange more in my childhood.
If not red, what are fellow Robin player's favorite colors and why?

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
The most important thing to take from Raz's interview. Who among this place are people of passion?!
*Pumps Fist*
Red, the color of life, love and passion, shall always be one with my heart; though I liked the subdued warmth of orange more in my childhood.
If not red, what are fellow Robin player's favorite colors and why?
An array of colors come to mind, but my favorite colors are blue, red, and almost any color in that spectrum range.

Top Bottom