• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

steelguttey

mei is bei
i would agree sonic is a hottie

anyway mario is the jack of all trades, master of all and i dont get the design choices put into him

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Next he has a slow jump start so his up b oos actually takes a while to come out, enough time to keep up the pressure on him.
i feel inclined to point out that you don't leave the ground to upb oos. his jump squat makes oos aerials worse, though, so even though oos sh-nair would be really baller to help stop pressure, the extra frames he needs to jump would make it less awesome : /

Paradoxium

Smash Master
i feel inclined to point out that you don't leave the ground to upb oos. his jump squat makes oos aerials worse, though, so even though oos sh-nair would be really baller to help stop pressure, the extra frames he needs to jump would make it less awesome : /
Oh I always thought the jump squats had something to do with upsmashes, jc grabs, and jc upsmashes. I've been LIED TOO ALL ALONG

But I did know that they affect aerials out of shields, so thats a plus i suppose

CORY

wut
BRoomer
well, they kind of do, but in the opposite way : p if you have a longer jump squat, it's easier (by that many frames) to do usmash/upb (if a grounded version exists) oos or jc'ed .

Foo

Smash Lord
Oh I always thought the jump squats had something to do with upsmashes, jc grabs, and jc upsmashes. I've been LIED TOO ALL ALONG

But I did know that they affect aerials out of shields, so thats a plus i suppose
They do. During your jumpsquat, you can still grab, upsmash or upb. Link's jumpsquat being long doesn't matter for up-b oos because you can cancel your jumpsquat on any frame to grab, upsmash or upb. For aerials, on the other hand, your jump squat must end before you can preform them.

D

Deleted member

That hurts my feelings for some reason :crying:
we all (mostly) start out as bads. i used to think melee ness was mid tier. you're new, stop spouting non-sense as fact and spend more time listening to what other people in-the-know have to say

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
we all (mostly) start out as bads. i used to think melee ness was mid tier. you're new, stop spouting non-sense as fact and spend more time listening to what other people in-the-know have to say
That's just worse. I'm not bad, maybe I just don't know enough about Link is all. I think I'm one of the top 3 Falcos behind DEHF and Porkchops, but I'm in the same situation as Fatality: no videos/hasn't gone to a national. I take the technical aspect of Falco to an extreme level. I mean, I haven't seen a single Falco ledge run to RAR bair bombsoldier lol! And I'm still trying to find a counterpick for Mario.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Porkchops as a top 3 falco when axe, westballz and sometimes mango play falco in pm
Get videos out though, I'm curious

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Porkchops as a top 3 falco when axe, westballz and sometimes mango play falco in pm
Get videos out though, I'm curious
Sorry can't do until I go to a big tourney in Texas. I live in the smallest of towns. I'm also 12 years old but since Smash Bros is basically all I do in my spare time. Maybe I'll do a tech skill video or guide or record me playing scrubs very soon. If I take more time than 5 months to record it which is VERY unlikely, I'll probably never show something for like 5 years lol and by then I'll be 20XX insane lol! I'll PM you or something if I make a video. I think Westballz and especially Mango haven't adapted to the new meta and they barely play. Porkchops is my personal fav because DEHF is smart but too campy. Axe also usually brings out his Pikachu instead. I was inspired partly by a guide here in the forums about RAR and how it makes Falco so much more versatile than in Melee so I'm like the GeZ of Falco. I also only play Melee in the boys and girls club.

Can someone please explain why people don't think Sonic is broken?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I don't believe you are a top 3 Falco, at all. And it is especially hard to believe that when you are only 12 years old. Do you have any tournament experience under your belt?

I like the notion of hidden bosses so I really wanna see a Falco using pm tech

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I don't believe you are a top 3 Falco, at all. And it is especially hard to believe that when you are only 12 years old. Do you have any tournament experience under belt?

I like the notion of hidden bosses so I really wanna see a Falco using pm tech
isn't lunchables like 14 or some****
also the third ranked player on the minnesota melee pr is 15 so him being 12 isn't exactly all that unbelievable

CORY

wut
BRoomer
lunchables also lives in dfw, practices with top level players, and has a lot of tourney experience (even against other regions).

he's not a 12 year old living in the (apparently) the middle of nowhere, with no strong scene, watching videos of top players and then saying that he's super good. like basically every other 12 year old ever.

1FD

Smash Ace
So I'm really bad and this is stupid but I'm glad I tried cause it's kind of like a moonwalk input but this is basically the thing that luigi does that's stupid on top of being a bull**** character that nobody plays even mildly good on the trendstreams or whatever
And I took my own advice and looked into this hard just now
I just played 2 full 8 minute matches with a character I don't like
in a patch I don't want to play anymore
to learn a tech I'll never make any use of
to record it and show people here what they might not have seen before
but I don't know how to upload things and my bro isn't around to show me how to make gifs
FLM
I'd ban both of these characters if I ever ran a tourney just cause they're stupid with Yoshi

BUT yes, Luigi is the latest metagame god ever.
When a weegee is on point, there's no beating it I swear
You need to either be a go-for-the-gold character like DK or Roy with a kill-them-before-they-kill you mentality or just be a brick like a Snake or Yoshi and not let Luigi do anything. Can't play whiff-and-punish against a character that's always a threat and never has to commit. Wavescuttling apparently is the name of this stupid PM thing that topped him off too. Only seen a bit of it in use by 2 locals but the one who uses it lots is a scrub so doesn't yet know HOW to use it. But **** bamsey beat 2 of the 5 MELEE gods with luigi in melee in like 2010 (i only found out it was 2 because of spidermad so thanks) and luigi only got better matchups against the top tiers in PM and then freaking scuttling.

I don't see how he can be bad

Like I need to get this stuff uploaded somehow to show it because I don't think anyone GETS it yet.
I don't play the character and can't control him for **** and doing it just feels wrong but wtf can he do scuttling for?
You can WD towards someone... crawl backwards for a single frame... and do ANYTHING in WD momentum AWAY from a person without needing to WD. And keep doing it, it's like a pez dispenser of grabs and attacks that will combo you to death if you get clipped and the only way to get around it is like jump or run. You can do it with shield too, and even jab + ftilt someone in the same momentum without doing a second WD.
Got this gif done
It's cool cause it's kind of like a moonwalk input after the wd
It's only something that comes after wds but you can WD OOS towards someone and use any attack while moving away from them.
There's some in here that I tried where you can WD TOWARDS someone the slide away and actually get 2 attacks with full WD momentum backwards, so you can jab > Dsmash/Ftilt shields safely while flying away, and if you try doing anything and get clipped by dsmash you die from a combo, if you don't get hit than Luigi is totally safe. Such easy confirms and never overcommitting his classic WD approaches LOL
I can't do it with ftilt very well but there's a few here where I got full momentum backwards with things like Jab and Grab and Dsmash (which you can charge smashes) but doing it with Ftilt is the thing that makes him so ****ing stupid to deal with.

I don't know what the frames are like but basically you WD which I think is 10 frames or something, then you just need to CRAWL for a single frame in the opposite direction.
I'm super slow but I wouldn't doubt it's a 1 frame thing that gives you WD speed after a WD in the opposite direction
You can also do this thing where you get 3 WD changes by crawling back the forward again or something, but that's more committing cause you go forward and I couldn't even do it once since I really don't know how to do it and can't stand this character so don't really give a **** other than how much i got wrecked by bamesy in 2.6 luigi and don't even wanna know what 3.5 is gonna have if they buff him and if he ever picks up this character again

In the luigi boards it's called wavescuttling when you crawl really fast and can only do it one way, but this you can actually already do both ways since it's only the initial momentum from the crawl (that's just a guess for why) so it's not something that is different based on direction you face.
Luigi moonwalking basically
You can also do this with shields spot dodges and stuff too which is really weird
This is really bad play and technical skill showing but it's the best I'm gonna do with a character I don't want to play so whatever
K now I'm basically late for canadian thanks giving but that's ok cause my gramma is gonna be late too RUIN EVERYTHING

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Back when I was new and bad I thought I was one of the best players in the world lmao

Paradoxium

Smash Master
isn't lunchables like 14 or some****
also the third ranked player on the minnesota melee pr is 15 so him being 12 isn't exactly all that unbelievable
Actually 12 years old is a big deal, most of the #young kids in the community are like 14 or 15 years old. Usually kids below that age aren't good at smash, and they lack the patience to learn.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
wizzrobe is the best example for discussing age in smash, because as per TK's rule, he gets younger the better he plays so when he gets a salty loss he's actually like 80

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Mcdonald's and Culver's fries suck, and Pepsi and Coke suck compared to just about every other soda

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Wizzy is secretly from the future where Mango's kid is already a God at 6 and so is everyone else playing, so to them hes ancient.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
So, I main DK in PM, but a few days ago in an attempt to trash talk, a friend of mine said "DK isn't viable" meaning that you probably won't see a DK winning a national, thing is he was right. So you guys seem very knowledgeable so I need your opinions. Out of all the characters listed in my signature, which ones would you guys say make good high tier secondaries/co mains?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
in this version or the one coming?

You can main DK all you want, just go someone else against Pit and a couple others

The best secondary of all time is Squirtle on PS2 like stages
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJDkfjFr1F0#t=263 Shell shift wrecks lots of good players given the stage and their somehow complete lack of knowledge on what to do. Wish the tourneys I'd go to had recording

The next would be Mario on people who can't deal with fireballs, usually good players can

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
He's said it before though.
I knew my spidermad senses were tingling, you never posted the video of you doing Quick Draw SH Triple bair; wait what the heck I thought I switched over to the social thread.

Last edited:

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
I REALLY NEED a Mario counterpick. Getting REALLY tired of getting chain grabbed and fireballed and attacked by up b out of nowhere and getting combo'd, etc. Meta Knight is a fast faller with very little againstprojectiles and ismlihhgmaya so MK vs Mario not optionjausksi. Falco gets punished too hard and babies are drunk right now. They are dancing like shoes on a mirrored potato ostrich. Falcon PUUUUUUNNNCH! Heh more like falcon only has an even MU punch! I'm so funny xookies on dry cleaning I HATE MARIO!

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Pikachu is my anti gimmick character, and I usually use him against Mario. But Mario has a chaingrab on Pikachu soooo......

Last edited:
Top Bottom