• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

B.W.

Smash Champion
HBox playing Olimar made me happy. I never played Jiggs but HBox is one of my favorite players. Knowing he plays my main is great.

Of course people will forever say bes bottom.

NWRL

Smash Ace
I say good for Hungrybox, he gets so much **** for the way he plays and at least now people will give him the respect he deserves
Yeah I've met him in person at a Smashfest he hosted, dude's really good, and a nice guy all around. Mango dicksuckers make me sick lol

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is awesome just because of the micro management.

Is that kirby gonna do a dash attack? Too bad! I have a red pikmin that can go right through it with an fsmash.

Can't get through ZSS's whip? Good thing I've got a yellow right here!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Olimar is awesome just because of the micro management.

Is that kirby gonna do a dash attack? Too bad! I have a red pikmin that can go right through it with an fsmash.

Can't get through ZSS's whip? Good thing I've got a yellow right here!
And for the vast majority of characters without elemental properties and the Pikmin without absorption powers?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
because olimar is such an exciting character
Because Olimar is character that everyone thinks sucks, because Olimar is a heavily unexplored character in this game, because Olimar plays very different from the rest of the cast. HungryBox is showing us that he doesn't win because he uses Jigglypuff

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I like the trend of of top melee players using new characters in PM. If only M2K stuck with a character that is not Fox.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's because Jigglypuff is a decidedly mediocre (if not worse) character.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
M2K actually enjoys other characters in PM, or at least used to. Did you see his post about Bowser? He's gone Bowser/Mario/others in bracket in PM before

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I do not think that Olimar sucks. He does have a handy set of useful tools up his sleeve. It's just that he's incredibly boring to watch and play against.

Metazoa

Smash Cadet
I do not think that Olimar sucks. He does have a handy set of useful tools up his sleeve. It's just that he's incredibly boring to watch and play against.
How can he be boring to watch in PM?

no one plays him on stream lololol

;_;

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:jigglypuff: is low tier in PM. The fact that Hbox can win with :jigglypuff: should be something that is respectable. Mango is a ****. Hbox is a cool dude.

#Hbox

:018:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm even surprised that Hbox is as successful as he is with Jiggly in Melee.
Though it does seem as if her limitations are catching up to him as of late. It feels like he needs to make some sort of huge breakthrough in her play or something...

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I think it needs to be said that if Hungrybox is struggling as much he does with Jigglypuff - he just quit out v/s M2K's Mewtwo and Denti's Ivy at Shuffle - it should seriously be considered that the character needs something of an overhaul and doesn't haven't the tools to compete at the top level of play.

Also, HBox made a nuts comeback v/s Denti using his Mario. Which is crazy. Here's hoping he uses more of the plumber, the combos are too fun to watch.

USUX_LEGEND

Banned via Warnings
What characters does jiggs lose to in pm and why are they worse for her than the melee characters? No that i would mind a revamp to make her less dependant on rest

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like the trend of of top melee players using new characters in PM. If only M2K stuck with a character that is not Fox.
M2K played a hellova lot of Mewtwo at Pound V. Possibly more than any other character. It was pretty cool to see. Maybe he'll keep that going...

Last edited:

Guilu

Smash Apprentice
So the Pokemon's elemental properties were removed, while Olimar's were left in tact? Was this a technical limitation with the Pikmin?
Pokémon elemental weaknesses were removed because they didn't have a place with each pokémon being separate (whether they had one originally is another debate). The pikmins' immunities do make Olimar play more interesting though, and reinforce their uniqueness, so I don't see why they should go.

USUX_LEGEND

Banned via Warnings
:jigglypuff: is low tier in PM. The fact that Hbox can win with :jigglypuff: should be something that is respectable. Mango is a ****. Hbox is a cool dude.

#Hbox

:018:
Lol calling mango a **** is just the same as calling hbox an asshole. You cant like everyone but mango is *surprisingly* less dickish than what he comes off as

USUX_LEGEND

Banned via Warnings
Hating mango for thinking jigglypuff is gay is like hating strong bad for being a crybaby baddie and whining about falco. Strong bad is cool irl and we club together every night

B.W.

Smash Champion
What characters does jiggs lose to in pm and why are they worse for her than the melee characters? No that i would mind a revamp to make her less dependant on rest
Fox, Link, T.Link, Ivysaur, Mewtwo, Mario, Bowser (probably), Marth, Zelda (Probably), Pit, Olimar and Snake.

She probably does alright against anyone else. But these characters can run away from her easily while shooting/throwing stuff at her or they're actually able to combo her or both. Some just have stupid good disjoints making it hard to get in with Jiggs as well

Last edited:

USUX_LEGEND

Banned via Warnings
Fox, Link, T.Link, Ivysaur, Mewtwo, Mario, Bowser (probably), Marth, Zelda (Probably), Pit, Olimar and Snake.

She probably does alright against anyone else. But these characters can run away from her easily while shooting/throwing stuff at her or they're actually able to combo her or both. Some just have stupid good disjoints making it hard to get in with Jiggs as well
Ah so jiggs struggles against run away and camping? Though i wouldnt go as far as to say that jiggs loses to marth or fox(anymore at least). I fully support a rework of jiggs to make her less polar in which characters she loses to and which she beats (peach falcon). Even the people that play jiggs wouldnt mind it since people like hbox are resorting to secondaries anyway

B.W.

Smash Champion
Fox definitely beats Jiggs. Run away and laser until you find an opportunity to run in and up smash.

Marth is pretty good vs Jiggs I think. Smart placement of attacks with his sword keeps Jiggs out and he can combo her to some extent.

USUX_LEGEND

Banned via Warnings
Well laser sucks now, which is why i said jiggs doesnt really lose to him anymore. In most cases it was used for utility to get opponents to approach rather than damage but not in the jiggs matchup.

As for marth i guess ill take your word for it, but its difficult to land a kill move on jiggs, she cant be really gimped, she gimps marth herself and like sheik is a small target and can get around marths hitboxes occasionally

B.W.

Smash Champion
Just because Fox's lasers don't do as much damage doesn't mean they're not effective vs Jiggs. It just means Fox has to run away and laser for longer.

M2K did just that vs HBox's Jiggs last night and it was still plenty effective. It doesn't take much for Fox's F-Smash to kill Jiggs in the first place.

USUX_LEGEND

Banned via Warnings
Youre referring to pm when you say last night right? Idk i feel like id rather take my chances going agro or spacing nairs and such than camping with 1-0% damage lasers. Jiggs was already pretty good at weaving through shdl anyway and 2-4 percent per time you run to the other side of the stage and spam laser doesnt sound appealing to me.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I am. M2K stayed away from HBox until Jiggs was at high enough damage to be killed just shooting lasers. Literally going left and right, just staying away from Jiggs by being faster. Firing lasers. It takes longer but it's still very effective. If you go in with anything else and Jiggs catches Fox, Fox can lose a stock easy. M2K didn't want to risk it so he played it the safe way because the safe way still works.

USUX_LEGEND

Banned via Warnings
Btw why is the general consensus that olimar is good now? Is it because his nair is op or is it flower pikmin or is it both? Because the guy cant really combo, is slow, and is light, plus he has garbo range and a weak projectile that cripples his offense when used. My brother wants to get good with him but struggles when we spar together, and while i picked up olimar to help point out his strengths to him and my olimar is somewhat solid, he still pales in comparison to my other characters. I feel like hes the only weak character currently, so what is it about him that made you guys feel he does ok

USUX_LEGEND

Banned via Warnings
I am. M2K stayed away from HBox until Jiggs was at high enough damage to be killed just shooting lasers. Literally going left and right, just staying away from Jiggs by being faster. Firing lasers. It takes longer but it's still very effective. If you go in with anything else and Jiggs catches Fox, Fox can lose a stock easy. M2K didn't want to risk it so he played it the safe way because the safe way still works.
I think hbox has been dropping a lot of sets he should have been winning lately, like leffen at apex. I think hbox should be able to handle the laser spam or at least catch fox at some point. From what youre telling me hbox got styled on pretty hard, and i dont think hbox has even lost to mangos melee fox that bad before

B.W.

Smash Champion
People get better at dealing with certain matchups. The stuff Jiggs is good at has been cracked, people know how to deal with her weaving a lot better now.

Add that to the fact that Jiggs has characters that can deal with her easier. She needs a boost in PM. A lot of people think so.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Olimar's always been viable
a lot of people just dislike how there wasn't really much differentiating him from his Brawl design
relative to the other characters that they tried to reimagine in some way he just comes off as uninspired, at least imo
if you think Olimar is fun and you like playing him, good on you, but I just feel like his concept could be better fleshed out

Top Bottom