• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Those with true power do not flaunt it. Arrogance merely serves the self at the cost of the many. You could say it's a very poisonous trait, but those who embody it are often blind to its true nature.

jtm94

Smash Lord
I'm hype for some top level Yoshi play in the near future.

Even more hype when Parrying is worked out.

The OK tourney was pretty good. McBad almost beat M2K and M2K wasn't playing around with his chars and used Fox/Mewtwo. Ness is pretty strong, super fun to watch.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Actually I think Project M has one of the highest skill ceilings in games, maybe on a level with Melee, behind Starcraft and maybe some other >200 apm affording game

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's not true

PK fire is pretty good but nobody's that ****ty

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Which tournament is this?
It happened yesterday. Their set was 2-1, last hit last stock. It looked like McBad had it at the end but M2K did his clutch Fox things and McBad didn't SDI any Uthrow->uairs. I think that's how he lost 3 of his 4 stocks the final game. Another was lost to a jank combo into upair that I won't spoil.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lucario was a beast. Like the Lion of Smash. Then kitty got de-clawed

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
Not sure what you mean by that, 3.0 Lucario is a vast improvement over 2.5 Lucario, who in my opinion was not very good because of a weak neutral game/bad OoS options. The super given to him at the beginning of his stocks goes a long way in helping the neutral game issue, as well as the subtle improvements given to DownB and his throws, giving him more of a reason to go for grabs now.

Apollo Ali

Smash Journeyman
I think people were probably referring back to 2.1 Lucario (and forgot 2.5/.6), which i didn't see, but heard was godlike.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not sure what you mean by that, 3.0 Lucario is a vast improvement over 2.5 Lucario, who in my opinion was not very good because of a weak neutral game/bad OoS options. The super given to him at the beginning of his stocks goes a long way in helping the neutral game issue, as well as the subtle improvements given to DownB and his throws, giving him more of a reason to go for grabs now.
100% agree with this. I stopped using lucario in 2.5 and picked him back up in 3.0 because of the changes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fox Uthrow to Uair is a one shot deal. You either get it, or you don't. These 9+ move strings across the stage leading to death? Many more opportunities for SDI to ruin (or change) what Lucario needs to do to keep going.

jtm94

Smash Lord
The videos from OK should be uploaded to STockCancelGaming, a shame they were having stream difficulties, but it all worked out and they still recorded.

20xx is going to just be hitting with the 2nd hit of uair because the first is so bad. Mark my words!!!

Seriously though, watching aMSa and his buddies play was super fun, all of them were pretty good. Charizard pulled off some sick double or triple fairs, and double fair into bair. He was superrr good at spacing the nair strong hitbox and was KOing off the top a lot with it. And Sanne's sonic was mad good. His sonic actually made me enjoy watching sonic unlike pretty much any other sonic player ever.

As for Lucario, yeah you can SDI any move and a lot of the combos in the game can be avoided with good DI, but you can also read good DI and when that ****'s happening to you won't know which direction to DI, just that all hell is breaking loose.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oklahoma tourney was fun to watch while it was working. Very sad to see the issues they had with Dazzle + Overheating.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
[Insert my unwarranted dislike of Lucario because he "doesn't play like a Smash character," even though that sorta means nothing]

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
people grab me and it doesn't matter which way I DI. I still get hit.

at any%.

Top Bottom