• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier list of Pit's moves

Tipzntrix

Smash Apprentice
Make sure you land behind them. You can Utilt right after and you will most likely connect
Also, don't fastfal nair. If you do this, the lag is so much that you can't Utilt when you hit the ground because you have landing lag.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Now that i look at it again, I think dair needs to move up right above mirror shield. It helps set up attacks and is good shield pressure (only ariel that can shield pressure to every character, nair doesnt work on all)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
SH D-air can be a nice approach with its wide range belove Pit, and is an average KO move should it not be degraded, I've been using it lately and I believe Sage has seen me use it sometimes in approaching.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
SH D-air can be a nice approach with its wide range belove Pit, and is an average KO move should it not be degraded, I've been using it lately and I believe Sage has seen me use it sometimes in approaching.
I don't use d-air a lot. I only use it at certain times, such as if my opponent is below me and ready to hit me with an attack, but I jump and wait for the attack to go. Then, when my opponent is open, I hit him or her with it. Otherwise, like the dash attack, I really don't know any good uses for it. It is a good KO move, no doubt. I recall being in Basic Brawl a long while back, and R.O.B. fired his Gyro. I used my Mirror Shield, and as he came at me with a dash attack, I jumped and used d-air, only to KO him. I think d-air is punishable, though, because of the land lag.

rinoH

Smash Lord
i almost never use dair just cuz when i use it i usually get punished for it sharkz though uses it very well so i depends on your style of play

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Fullhop dair is good against an opponent who has his shield up already or people that tend to hide in their shield a lot.

If your opponents shield when they see pit full hopping towards them (which they often will unless they retreat or have an very long range, high priority attack) Pit will hit their shield and diminish it, and from there you can fair or bair as you fall to either hit them away with considerable knockback (or sometimes get a KO with bair) if they let down their shield too early (which happens if they don't expect it) or hit their shield and push them far enough away that they can't punish you.

I've also seen kown use more midair jumps into more dairs, which was also hard to punish without a fast up-attack.

Dair can also be your answer to any dash attacks or other strictly horizontal approaches people may throw at you.

On a side note dairs are **** online.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Yea i like the triple D-air combo, its very satisfying... i also like to use D-air while i divebomb onto someones head :-)

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Final List Let's end this thread.

You said:
Top: Great moves which has very great outcomes
Light Bow
Jab/s

High: Good moves which should have positive outcomes
Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Mid: Fairly situational but if used correctly are useful
Nair
Uair
Dsmash
bair
Glide
Ftilt
WoI
Dash attack
Mirror Shield
Dair

Low: Not used to often because there are usually better options
uthrow
Usmash
Bthrow
Angel Rings
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I edited a bit.

Light Bow
Jab/s

Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Nair
Uair
Dsmash
Glide
Bair
Ftilt
WoI
Mirror Shield
Dash Attack
Angel Rings
Dair

uthrow
Usmash
Bthrow
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to come to a mutual agreement.
What do you guys think?

I still say people don't give AR enough credit. People just leave it out too long to be punished, or use it at the wrong time, or being predictable. It can be used when recovering to the ledge from edgeguarders. They usually shield or Spot dodge aerials, AR pressures them to back up and allows you to recover to the ledge, and you can follow with a Dtilt.

I didn't give Bair enough credit that's right, I moved Dash attack up, that's basically it.
dash attack was good where it was in my opinion..and also i would argue dair being more useable then the angel ring.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
To spike on the edge or air, you have to hit dtilt at the handle. I HATE all of the "foot must be on the character" crap.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
Every character board is making one of these so why shouldn't we?

Light Bow
Jab/s

Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Nair
Uair
Dsmash
bair
Glide
Ftilt
WoI
Dair
Mirror Shield
Dash attack

uthrow
Usmash
Bthrow
Angel Rings

Fell free to give your opinion on specific moves, I am willing to change the list around:)

The list is not in it's Best to Worst order at the moment.
u forgot the glide attack

fox219

Smash Journeyman
this will be very useful!!! :pit: rules over all characters!!!!!

fox219

Smash Journeyman
Every character board is making one of these so why shouldn't we?

Light Bow
Jab/s

Dtilt
Utilt
Fthrow
Fsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Nair
Uair
Dsmash
bair
Glide
Ftilt
WoI
Dair
Mirror Shield
Dash attack

uthrow
Usmash
Bthrow
Angel Rings

Fell free to give your opinion on specific moves, I am willing to change the list around:)

The list is not in it's Best to Worst order at the moment.
b-air lower than f-air???????? you kidding me?!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Do keep in mind that B-air's main purpose is for a kill move. F-air can be used for spacing, additional damage, and well, aerial range. It has more purposes for that matter.

kown

Smash Lord
pits fair isnt that good..i find it slow coming out most of the time...but thats prolly due to lack of spacing.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
F-air is a main part of pit's game, it is a straight up attack and does spacing very well. It is a good move to use to keep your combo going. It is also great for WoP and removing people's 2nd and 3rd jumps for recovery. it is relatively easy to land and abuse people with. B-air is a goof killing move, but it is hard to land and most opponents are already looking out for it. I think it is a good move to fast fall with (of course, using the weak b-air) as this can be followed up with nearly anything if you are quick enough. I also love just sticking out that B-air all over the place to intimidate the enemy :-) when i am actually trying to lure them into a different attack

Edit: but i would take angel ring over Bthrow and Usmash anyday

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
F-air is a main part of pit's game, it is a straight up attack and does spacing very well. It is a good move to use to keep your combo going. It is also great for WoP and removing people's 2nd and 3rd jumps for recovery. it is relatively easy to land and abuse people with. B-air is a goof killing move, but it is hard to land and most opponents are already looking out for it. I think it is a good move to fast fall with (of course, using the weak b-air) as this can be followed up with nearly anything if you are quick enough. I also love just sticking out that B-air all over the place to intimidate the enemy :-) when i am actually trying to lure them into a different attack

Edit: but i would take angel ring over Bthrow and Usmash anyday
actually i think Bair sometimes catch people by surprise most players are looking for the fsmash when Pit is trying to kill

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
bump...

So do we all agree on this?? i think a move tier list is very important, it should be agreed on and used for reference to players who want to know what moves should be used often or not.

I personally think we should swap the F-air and D-smash on the list, i generally get better results with the D-smash

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
nah fair is better WoP and better killing and much more safe
Fair is useful for WoP and Dsmash is useful for ground fighting. Which is more frequent? For me, its ground fighting because many opponents wont just let you WoP them.

Better killing? Debatable... i dont use the Dsmash for killing, but then again i dont use Fair for it either.

Safer? Fair has higher start up and ending lag, has significant landing lag and a tiny hitbox that leaves you open everywhere else. Dsmash is fast and attacks both front and back. How is Fair safer? Most of the time i get hit before it even comes out since it has to be so delicately preconceived.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Fair is useful for WoP and Dsmash is useful for ground fighting. Which is more frequent? For me, its ground fighting because many opponents wont just let you WoP them.

Better killing? Debatable... i dont use the Dsmash for killing, but then again i dont use Fair for it either.

Safer? Fair has higher start up and ending lag, has significant landing lag and a tiny hitbox that leaves you open everywhere else. Dsmash is fast and attacks both front and back. How is Fair safer? Most of the time i get hit before it even comes out since it has to be so delicately preconceived.
Your using it wrong then. When you Fair, you can move because your up in the air, Space it so you don't get grabbed and Pit's Fair is simple to Marth's just not as fast and not as far.
Ending lag, your using it completely wrong, only time you should have ending lag is when you shuffle it against a small character like Olimar, And than if you do it right, you should be able to jab before they can grab.

Dsmash like you said is fast, that's good, it kills at about 130%, okay i guess, but like you said hit in front and behind. If someone shields the first hit your vulnerable with lag at the end, and the entire time your hitting behind you.

Also you get hit probably because your too close, if you space yourself, and they approach your retreat and fair, if your approach you dip in and dip out.

This is kinda a bad example but you'll see what i mean. 2:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLT1PHZ_4Ko :lick:

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
Your using it wrong then. When you Fair, you can move because your up in the air, Space it so you don't get grabbed and Pit's Fair is simple to Marth's just not as fast and not as far.
Ending lag, your using it completely wrong, only time you should have ending lag is when you shuffle it against a small character like Olimar, And than if you do it right, you should be able to jab before they can grab.

Dsmash like you said is fast, that's good, it kills at about 130%, okay i guess, but like you said hit in front and behind. If someone shields the first hit your vulnerable with lag at the end, and the entire time your hitting behind you.

Also you get hit probably because your too close, if you space yourself, and they approach your retreat and fair, if your approach you dip in and dip out.

This is kinda a bad example but you'll see what i mean. 2:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLT1PHZ_4Ko :lick:
Thanks rogue, i probably do use the F-air wrong. Im gona suggest that we make the next move discussion for F-air and all the angels can fix my problem:)

rinoH

Smash Lord
dtilt is good for poking shields and ftilt is too good
i learned that dtilt was good against Hayang which he uses it prtty well especially online

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
okay is anybody for moving Uair to the bottom of the High Tier, one space above Nair?

U-air can frustrate almost any character who is above you, think battlefield. Nair is good, but more situational whereas if you can land a Uair, id say go for it.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
bthrow is better than upthrow. better positioning and whatnot for edgeguarding purposes. and normally you can arrow them afterward dealing more damage than an u throw. uthrow is basically outclassed by d-throw so it is rare that you would ever use it. bthrow though can be used,

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
I think uair is Pit's go to move when high in the air. Like, to defend against opposing aerials. It's harder to DI out of uair than nair. Nair is an approaching move, pressures shields well and the like, but statistically uair is a better move so I would agree with moving it one space above nair.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I'd bump Nair up. It's an amazing move. Situational implies that thesituationis less common then, My opponent is in a slightly damaged shield that I'll cut through like butter with this move. It's also Pit's fastest aerial, which is important.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
I think uair is Pit's go to move when high in the air. Like, to defend against opposing aerials. It's harder to DI out of uair than nair. Nair is an approaching move, pressures shields well and the like, but statistically uair is a better move so I would agree with moving it one space above nair.
yea Val, this is what i think too. U-air is just a bit better since it isnt DIed out of as easily, and very few characters have a D-air that can stand up to it so as long as an opponent is above you there is almost no better option than U-air.... it can also kill which N-air cant do.

Lets move U-air one space above N-air Afropony!

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
bthrow is better than upthrow. better positioning and whatnot for edgeguarding purposes. and normally you can arrow them afterward dealing more damage than an u throw. uthrow is basically outclassed by d-throw so it is rare that you would ever use it. bthrow though can be used,
Sry for the double post but i agree with Shark here as well. The arrow is nearly a guarantee whenever you use teh B-throw, and sometimes the opponent will use their 2nd jump right away and this arrow will eat it, making edgeguarding have a higher chance of being successful. As far as the positioning that U-throw gives its nearly identical to the D-throw, just worse. I guess it can be used as a substitute while D-throw replenishes, but i think B-throw tends to generate more favorable results than U-throw. Im all for having B-throw above U-throw on the list.

So guys, we are making progress at least we can see that not everybody agrees with this list the way it is. As i said i think this is a very important reference tool so please, everybody's opinion counts!! Come in, post, and be heard!

edit: Oh by the way, its silly that dash attack is even in the mid tier. it should be dead last on the list (yes even after angel rings. It is just as easy to punish but at least can reflect).

Coffee™

I need it....
alot of useless threads are at the forefront of the pit boards so... how about something useful.
bump
I agree a lot of useless threads are on the first page but personally I don't think this thread is useful at all since each move is always going to be #1 in it's appropriate situation. This thread aim's to list Pit's best moves in order but realistically that is only practical if you assume Pit is in the same situation every time you take a move into consideration.

Top Bottom