• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on APEX2012 GFs: Melee, Brawl, The Metagame, and Playing to Win

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Because this whole campy gameplay issue we are having is hungry box's fault to begin with, good player? yes very. Gayest player? Yes definitely. Hbox took jigg's gayness to the absolute extreme even before armada used young link,

Hbox plays gay with puff and beats armada> Aramada says **** this, picks up young link>
Armada outcamps hbox and wins> Hbox says **** this, outcamps aramada and w...loses> the future? We realize that out gaying a gay playstyle is not the answer.

If I were hbox I would have counter picked ness and went at it with armada's young link instead of playing the danger game and seeing who could win by a single percent/rest/bomb>dair.

But what I would really like to see is more low tiers getting played because of hbox and armada.
Yes Hbox wasnt a very entertaining player, but he was never someone who purposely timed people out. Did you even watch Apex 2010 GF? Hbox isnt really all that campy unless its jiggs dittos and i dont blame him. I know its a bad matchup for Armada and i could care less if he uses YLink, but you cant really put all the blame on Hbox

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
personally, i blame mr. f. that dude played so gay against tafokints and then tafokints didn't make R2 pools even though he was 3-1 in R1.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
LOLLLL, name search brought me here. Who are you bert?

Interesting fact of the day: I tied with Armada for the least amount of tourney sets lost out of everyone this tournament

JPOBS

Smash Hero
What part of his statement made you think he say his preference was righteous? I feel the exact same way: I wouldn't want to play melee if it became like that. It doesn't make me any more right than you, it just makes it a thing I said.
You can never say anything in a thread with Kal present unless you had first run ANOVA and Chi Squared statistical tests and came up with objective theorems based on analysis.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOLLLL, name search brought me here. Who are you bert?

Interesting fact of the day: I tied with Armada for the least amount of tourney sets lost out of everyone this tournament
****ing 3 way ties

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Think about it, we saw:

Mango's Falco vs Armada in crews.

Mango's Fox vs Armada in Winner's Finals.

Mango's Fox vs Hungrybox in Loser's Finals.

Hungrbox vs Armada's Peach in Crews.

Hungrybox vs Armada's Young Link in Grand Finals...

and Dr.PeePee vs Armada in Winner's Semi-Finals.

We've basically seen the matches everyone wanted between these three at this tournament!

No need to complain about matches, mah dudes :awesome:

Armada

Smash Lord
Bones0: I didn't picked up Y link with the begining with a goal to time Hbox out. I started to play Y link cause I thought we had a decent MU at least. Then at Genesis yeah I actually wanted to time him out.

At Apex I couldn't care less if I won becasue I timed him out or if I won cause all the stocks are gone.
I don't think either me or Hbox care about that tbh.

It's just that 1: Hbox play puff only 2: I hate puff more then anyone

That's why those matches turns out this way I think. The metagame will not turn into Y link puff and a lot of time outs. This was the third time me and Hbox played this MU and I haven't seen any different :p

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I think people are more upset at the matchup beinv incredibly two dimensional than it timing out more often than not. Its just not interesting to watch. I fully support armada doing it, as it is much more the fault of hbox failing to have an answer to it. Armada has beaten him 3 times with the exact same strategy. Hbox now knows how everyone else feels when they play him.

*:troll:*

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
GF for 64 was one of the best GF ever, so in the end, we all should be happy.

Top Bottom