• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This might be the end of the line for me as Peach......

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im starting to think I cant ever get good with Peach anymore. I was playing yesterday and I was looking closely at what was going on. I try to be fast and such but dont work for me get Beat up bad at times and.....other stuff that I dont even wanna mention. On my way home from my friends house, I was think about what happen. Kinda said How all that was going on in matches was happening. If you guys were there you think like if I didi not know how to play. Im taking this as a bad day cause **** happens. But I have 2 common problems I just cant fix no matter how hard I try. and these are important. and I cant do them right at all. Here is a talk I had with my crew last night, well more like a post, but I got no answer yet.

" Well, im here to say that Im thinking of dropping Peach. For the reason that I dont feel I can play her at all really well or the way I want to. For one, Im bad now against characters with Weapons (Both links) I dont think i can beat Y.Link anymore, so Im not beating Jash anymore.

Also I cant DI no matter how hard I try. I get comboed to easy and it costs me alot. Simple combos I cant DI And I simply cant edge Guard. That is very important to do with. Im sick of letting my opponent back on stage. then I get **** up cause of it. and when I try to edge guard., I screw it up and get K.O. And Im a Peach Player. she NEEDS to do these 2 things well. If not, she is easy azz kill. and I cant maintain that. so I cant really say im all that with Peach and I have been struggleing with her since day one till now and look at me as I use her. So Im starting to think Peach just is not for me. might be a sign as in why i have such a ruff time.

But question is if I go along and quit Peach, who the heck can I use for serious fights? for I cant really play with anyone. Only character I say I have a chance with is Zelda since she is my secondary but she wont really get me no where. So i dont know what to do. quit peach and Main Zelda, but if I do, i will drop from top elite to mid or low. I might be low cause my zelda is not that great to be honest. or stay as Peach and......I dont even know anymore what I am going to do as in improveing her. cause I had this type of problem for a long time and it seems to get worst. I'll need some out side help on this one. But the problems I have with peach, i wont get anywhere To be honest and I have not felt like this since I first ever started useing peach.......this might be the end of the line.

thats why i came here see if you guys can help me out here. cause I dont know what to do anymore. Im out of ideas and the beatings will keep getting worst.

Im talking to my sensi right now (Peach teacher ) Sensi taught me most of what I know now and the way I use Peach today. Maybe sensi has an idea and I can finally play like a true player."

This is whats going on. I think if I can fix this problem, the rest is all in my head. also, I have that shielding problem. For those that remember that thread I made about me always shielding and being pinned to the wall when in the shield and I just dont know what to do and get my shield eaten or roll or jump out into an attack and get K.O, same problem, but it did in prove. I can save myself at times when in my shield and pinned. I still have the problem but not as bas as before. Next time I catch mike G online I'll speak to him about this too. maybe he can help me. I really dont want to quit Peach. I like playing with her and she is fun. and my favorite nintendo character. but with all this going on, it feels I can never get to that level like Cort, XIF, etc. I really want this. Now I think im a Godd Peach player. but not to a point where I can hold my own ground at times cause of what I explained above. I cant do this alone anymore.

So flame at me with advice or comments, be rude with comments of advice. It does not matter to me anymore. I wont even fight back. Just anything that can help me would be fine. Thanks to those who read this though its long and can help. and for those that wish to be rude and such.............ok.

Samochan

Smash Master
And as I already told you over aim, switching characters does not magically solve any issues you have on smash. Your skill level stays the same, no matter what character you may use. Only that some characters can give a boost to already good skills so you can make a better use of them and are better at hiding weaknesses. And I do think that peach forgives bad DI a bit more than other top tiers like Fox and Falco.

The path to become a good player is rough, but manageable if you have the dedication to go trough it. Even if someone were to have zero skill, dedication would make up for it. it might take a lot longer for a player who doesn't have any talent or skill and generaly sucks to get really good, but the possibility is still there. And I see you lacking motivation and dedication here. If you keep having turmoils inside of you, it will only hinder your improvement and maybe even halt it. One thing I've noticed that positive attitude certainly does have good side-effects and on a match against a good player, playing to win makes you give your best in the match and thinking that you cannot win certainly hinders you.

You really do not want to quit peach and bad DI and all the other things are not good enough reason, since they're not real reasons to quit a character. Other characters are okay too, why not train zelda more to be your secondary or get a new character? The good thing is, you've recogniced what you need to work on this game, so it should be easier for you to reach your goal. But also remember, very good DI is one of the hardest things to master in this game so don't expect to be able to DI like Ken on the first two minutes, but do not be so hard to yourself. You can eliminate lack of good DI by playing more defensive, do not let yourself to get hit. And believe in yourself, that's the single most important thing in smash if one wants to improve and play good. You also should know that tons of people here (me included) can help you out and I would not like to see you quit peach. I believe you can become a good peach, would you be so kind to not let me and bunch of other people that look up on you down, at least not without a fight? ^_^

You've recogniced your problems, now go working on them. I already told you how to start DI'ing over aim and bunch of other advices. Now gogogo! :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I had characters for a month, maybe a lil more of me using them. I cant function with them. I played with Peach way too long that touching others feels too wierd for me and I cant get a good feel of them at all. Yet some reason I can handle Zelda fine. But she is not as good as my Peach. So I cant learn others. and when i use others, they are boring. i dont have much fun as I was to use peach or Zelda.

I dont think I understand her that well. Peach was easy to pick up for me. Now its when its not easy using her at this point with my current skill level. thing was how was I able to get 9th at the Zenith but.......look at me saying all of this. mental problem within the game maybe? I just dont know how to fix my problems. and I do play alot of good people. Not just my crew. Seems now I play bum alot in tournaments every week. And I play as hard as I can. and reasons i lose to him most of the time:

Once I get him out, I cant keep him out. I cant edgeguard his DK. it always comes back, and when i try100 times no matter what, I get k.o or screw it up.

I get hit and dragged across the stage with his B-air. and then i cant return on the stage safe. oh and that shielding problem takes affect on him. One tim I had a tourny match with him. I got him down to on stock high damage. I took him off the stage, that game was mine, and guess what happen, i could not keep him out, I went to edge guard him, failed, he came back and i lose the match. second match I got 2 stocked and sent to losers.

Oh and other thing I forgot to state about me with Peach, I cant return safe on the stage when coming from the skies or when on the stage, once im out, its not hard to keep me out. I got better at returning but still the same problem.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Your probably at the level where your no longer steadily learning and have hit a wall. This is where certain skills and knowledge sort of comes in jumps and leaps rather than actually learning. You just have to keep working on it till one day you will just understand it better. You probably won't even know why.

I feel the same way sometimes. When I play my brother he always seems to make me just miss, always trick me rather than me tricking him, edgeguards me better, etc. I can play and beat the same level of players he beats, this is just him. I sometimes get frustrated because I feel like I'm missing something he sees. I'll try to do something random and it's like he knew it was coming the whole time.

If something doesn't work after a while of trying it, even if it works on other opponents STOP TRYING IT. Too many players put faith in what they know works, and not realizing that they are usually getting punished for it. The easiest example is trying to shieldgrab a Fox. If your used to playing a Fox who doesn't shine after a shffl you may try to shield the next Fox you play. If it doesn't work you need to realize it and stop trying as much as you normally would. If you never change it up neither will they. There are infinite situations where this happens, I think that one is just the most common and known problems seen.

The only way I know how to fix these problems is to work hard at your problem areas until you understand it better. You have a problem edgegaurding? Stop doing what you know works on stage and focus on staying near the edge of stages and forcing them off. Forcing yourself to try to get all your kills by edgeguarding. Eventually you will see enough recovery attempts that you will start to improve or at least understand what is happening. This is harder to do than it looks because you will realize your really dependent on your known ways of koing opponents. Mix it up, try to KO the same recovery with different attacks and strategies.

This WORKS, it's just like first learning advanced tactics. At first your going to use them wrong and eventually you will use them correctly. Forcing yourself to stay near the edge (friendlies and non-camping players) and throw them off at every opportunity and attempt edgegaurding tactics will make you SUCK at first. But you can't expect to be able to get that edgegaurd the one time you need it in a pressure match if you are not comfortable with what you are doing. Try to force yourself to do this a majority of the time and see if you don't improve.

As for the DI, just practice always holding away when you get hit. Ask a friend to do fast grabs in any direction and work on making sure you always DI away (help improve reaction time since if he throws your forward or back you need to change the DI). Have a good Falcon friend combo you and try to mix up your DI right from the throw. It's never going to become a habit unless you make it a habit to DI. Too many players think offensive or defensive strategy, but never actually think about what to do if they actually GET hit. This is why you should try to focus on your opponent more than yourself, so you know if they could possibly hit you or not. This should help speed up your "I may have to DI soon" reaction time.

I hope this helps in terms of those two areas. I know nothing of the Peach - Link matchups so I will not comment. Just remember it can take a long time to understand what is going on. It's all trial and error and some learn faster than others.

Edit: I should also point out this works for why things are working against you as well. If your getting grabbed alot. You should not be thinking "Oh I'm getting grabbed alot" and try to going on this mysterious quest of trying to avoid grabs the rest of the match. You should be thinking "Oh I'm getting grabbed alot, WHY AM I GETTING GRABBED?". Finding the problem is much better than trying some universal what to do if bad things happen strategy. If you realize he is waiting for your Float cancel attack to double slap your a step closer to figuring out what to do to fix it (i.e. Float cancel attack to pause -> dash attack, or float cancel attack to roll, etc.).

Samochan

Smash Master
I had characters for a month, maybe a lil more of me using them. I cant function with them. I played with Peach way too long that touching others feels too wierd for me and I cant get a good feel of them at all. Yet some reason I can handle Zelda fine. But she is not as good as my Peach. So I cant learn others. and when i use others, they are boring. i dont have much fun as I was to use peach or Zelda.
And guess just how many peach players just play peach cause they're uncomfortable with other characters? I'd say 95%. It's not mandatory to have a secondary character nor you are a worse player cause you feel other characters are uncomfortable. Learn those you feel comfortable with.
I dont think I understand her that well. Peach was easy to pick up for me. Now its when its not easy using her at this point with my current skill level. thing was how was I able to get 9th at the Zenith but.......look at me saying all of this. mental problem within the game maybe? I just dont know how to fix my problems. and I do play alot of good people. Not just my crew.
Experience Dark, experience. One of the most important things about smash is getting experience. You might think that cause I know a lot I prolly have lot of experience, but guess what? I don't. Even PC said so that I lack experience but also guessed right in not many tourneys being held there. It's different in america, so you should always take advantage of the many tourneys that are held there. Go to bigger tournaments, match against players a lot better than you. Ask them what to improve on your game, what they took advantage off. Then if you think of it conciously, you can fix some of these problems even on your next game against them. You can always ask me and fellow boarders for advice how to do stuff, but in the end when you're smashing and you try things out, you'll learn to applicate the right method to right situation. And that is experience. It's the same as when to wd and when not to wd, when to shield and when not to shield, when to shieldgrab and when to do other things out of shield.

Seems now I play bum alot in tournaments every week. And I play as hard as I can. and reasons i lose to him most of the time:

Once I get him out, I cant keep him out. I cant edgeguard his DK. it always comes back, and when i try100 times no matter what, I get k.o or screw it up.
I do not have any experience against a DK of Bum's level, so my advice might be way off. But if DK goes to the sweetspot, he can be intercepted with a well spaced fair out of his up B range. Bair does the trick too and dair owns him. DK's up B has a lot of range and priority, so it's hard to intercept him if he decides to recover on stage. But you can always take advantage of B moves landlag and then strike Dk out. It might even be more effective that you were to lure him out to recover on stage by either edgehogging or guarding the ledge, so he needs to recover on stage and then you run after him and hit him back off stage. It does not matter if he keeps recovering over and over again, but you must keep him off vigorously and if he gets back stage, make sure you don't take much damage and hit him away again.
I get hit and dragged across the stage with his B-air. and then i cant return on the stage safe. oh and that shielding problem takes affect on him. One tim I had a tourny match with him. I got him down to on stock high damage. I took him off the stage, that game was mine, and guess what happen, i could not keep him out, I went to edge guard him, failed, he came back and i lose the match. second match I got 2 stocked and sent to losers.
Then you're just DI'ing toward him and not away. At lower%, you want to DI away and down so you can land and possibly cc next hit or shield. CC is mandatory too, you can cc dk's nair and bair I think into a dsmash or other nasty stuff. At higher% start using survivability DI aka DI up and against. Against a DK, you need to abuse his bad shield. Use turnipses since Dk is not good at swatting them away, use quick djc into a floathing spaced nair/fair and if you know he might decide to up B, you can shield it and punish afterwards and in many occasions dsmash ***** dk with his bad shield, so it's very common to shieldstab him. DK is also big, heavy and doesn't have uber combo breaker, so take advantage of that and combo him whenever you can. Beware of aerials into uair comboes and up B out of shield and other stuff as well.
Oh and other thing I forgot to state about me with Peach, I cant return safe on the stage when coming from the skies or when on the stage, once im out, its not hard to keep me out. I got better at returning but still the same problem.
I'm not expert in returning back stage, seeing as I have same problem, but look at many peach vids to get some tips how to recover back stage. Many times peach's aerial dodge can be used after you jump from the ledge to go trough opponents, especially marths and if you dodge diagonally down you'll also reduce lag and can dsmash afterwards. If your opponents start expecting this, you can just jump in an nair/fair them or even waveland. Toad can be used as well, along with fakign out as in you don't jump to stage but go to ledge again. You can also use platforms to help so you can aerial dodge to them instead of behind/in front of your opponent.

Since peach has a good aerial dodge, decent dair and other aerials and humongous horizonal recovery, you can recover above opponents heads and then drop down and DI a lot especially on aerial dodge. Quick drop down with dair can catch opponents off guard, even if they're marths. And fox has really tough time getting trough dair with his uair, but beware of his bair and falco's bair is even bigger threat, considering he jumps way higher. You can try to predict what they're gonna do of how they position themselves. If a fox or falco runs away from you so that they're not direcly under you, they're gonna go for the bair definitely to keep you out. If a Marth starts walking away or wd way and spaces, he's gonna either try to tipper or aerial you, but also known to grab you and throw back if you were to aerial dodge behind him if they expect it. Sometimes even the most simple maneuvers help to get back stage, like dropping to the ledge with parasol against a marth can be really tedious, but if you can mix fast falling into moving back and forwards while he lags from fsmash, you can get back stage. Baiting marth to fsmash is a good way to get back stage against him, but also possible with his dtilt even with crazy iasa frames. You just need to work on and be unpredictable when you recover. Do not take the obvious choice of recovering, since your opponent might expect you do do just like that and is prepared.

Edit: Yauhz archnatural. :3

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
You've posted videos of your playing style. Thats a free ride for your oppenents to study your style at their leisure and find holes and tendencies. It is harder because they have seen you play and know your strategies.

Samochan

Smash Master
You've posted videos of your playing style. Thats a free ride for your oppenents to study your style at their leisure and find holes and tendencies. It is harder because they have seen you play and know your strategies.
Um, people post videos so other people can study them and give OUT advice, not how to play against them. You learn to play against someone when you actually play them, not watching videos. >_>;

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
neither did i. this dude dramatizes so well about the game... makes me think what his life would be if he wasnt a smash player. *my noob advice*: take it easy, its just a game ;). games are for playing, thats what you do right? have fun! XD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
And this thread has become a joke, I knew it. Thanks Cort, way to start things off. and it will now continue to be this way. And now more people will post and be stupid after my post and the flaming and insults and rude comments will begin. I think I'll have this close before it starts. I hate when people are jerks just to show off when one ask for advice. All because they are much better, High ranked or pro. I really should just quit. PERIOD.

And for those 2 talking about me taking it seriously and having fun. I do. I do play with other characters when Im bored. But I dont ever win. Nor do I play on it. I just fight for the hell of it. and use them in teams. All I want is to be a high ranked Peach player. and I am struggling. and want advice on my current problem. Yet some gotta be jerks.

Cort

Apple Head
Sorry for starting things off.

Calm down.

Let the flaming and insults and rude comments begin?

Yeah you should probably close it, but it doesn't really matter.

I'm a jerk? I tried to show off when you ask for personal advice? And because I'm a much better high ranked or pro?

Uhhh.....

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
RANT.
dark pch im sorry but you need to hear this. im pretty sure people have been dancing around this idea. sort of like you dont call a 400lb person. fat but **** it they are fat and thats being blunt.

dude your borderline annoying, crybaby, whining, dragonballz character who whenever something goes wrong or tough in smash.. you gotta talk yourself up like... **** it i just gotta try harder. i believe i believe. like some parapper the rapper mess. or you go emo and thats fine and dandy but do it in a corner not where everybody can see.

it really isn't that serious. and i know this post is gonna come as a flame but take a second and try to understand. your a decent player. take that with a grain and salt. not the greatest or the best. you sound like vegeta who coincidentally is my favorite dbz character but at times really annoyed me.

people dont care. they might somewhat give a crap but they dont wanna hear you cry every 2 seconds in essays 12x as long as the one im typing. give it up. you win you lose. work hard. half the info you need is on the boards to be great. m2k uses f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, u-smash, d-smash, f-smash u-air d-air n-air f-air dash attack. u-grab -d-grab, f-throw, neutral b - forward -b, smash -b, down - b, and up - b. all the moves are there for you. theres videos for you to see to work at it. i dont care how hard you study your not going to get 100 on every test. or win every smash match. ****.

and what samochan said was the honest truth. i use to get my *** whooped every week and just switch characters, learn techniques and think that was the magical answer it isn't. you get out of smash what you put in. its not just being able to do stuff but applying it. hmm my opponent rushing in with a knee alot. i know how to wd. i know how to n-air. let me wd back and n-air. genius!!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sorry for starting things off.

Calm down.

Let the flaming and insults and rude comments begin?

Yeah you should probably close it, but it doesn't really matter.

I'm a jerk? I tried to show off when you ask for personal advice? And because I'm a much better high ranked or pro?

Uhhh.....
RANT.
dark pch im sorry but you need to hear this. im pretty sure people have been dancing around this idea. sort of like you dont call a 400lb person. fat but **** it they are fat and thats being blunt.

dude your borderline annoying, crybaby, whining, dragonballz character who whenever something goes wrong or tough in smash.. you gotta talk yourself up like... **** it i just gotta try harder. i believe i believe. like some parapper the rapper mess. or you go emo and thats fine and dandy but do it in a corner not where everybody can see.

it really isn't that serious. and i know this post is gonna come as a flame but take a second and try to understand. your a decent player. take that with a grain and salt. not the greatest or the best. you sound like vegeta who coincidentally is my favorite dbz character but at times really annoyed me.

people dont care. they might somewhat give a crap but they dont wanna hear you cry every 2 seconds in essays 12x as long as the one im typing. give it up. you win you lose. work hard. half the info you need is on the boards to be great. m2k uses f-tilt, u-tilt, d-tilt, u-smash, d-smash, f-smash u-air d-air n-air f-air dash attack. u-grab -d-grab, f-throw, neutral b - forward -b, smash -b, down - b, and up - b. all the moves are there for you. theres videos for you to see to work at it. i dont care how hard you study your not going to get 100 on every test. or win every smash match. ****.

[SIZE=]"2ok, i quit then, Bye. now you or no one will have to worry about me crying or *****ing. This is not for me if I take this serious right. Like the hell am I doing. Sorry to bother you all since may of last year. wate of time. I'll move on to other things. kbai[/SIZE]

Cort

Apple Head
Here's just a general word of advice:

Your mindset in terms of improving and getting good at this game is the most important thing.

You need to work on yours, pretty heavily.

But I guess you just quit, so whatever.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i mean if you feel like quitting by all means. im the kid that tells the person about to commit suicide to jump off the building. you can go ahead with your oh im quitting. dude you've said it before. it has nothing to do with quitting. just stop whining!!! that's all. work at it. and even when you work at it you need to understand you can still get whooped. i haven't played you in a while you might even be better than me. but when i win or lose and you win or lose its like 2 different dimensions.

and lmao sarcastically at you quitting. all you've got from my post was the flames. which i said i would. didn't see any advice in there did ya? people cant keep on giving you this ooh its gonna be okay baby treatment. and thats life. people aren't gonna butter every biscuit on the smashboard dining resteraunt. and yes my spelling is atrocious.

Brookman

Smash Hero
You need to squint really hard and read between the lines to see the importance of what CanISmash said. It's all good.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
........................................................................................................................

This better be some kind of joke. You cant just quit like that. Shoot Im not a good speaker. Im gonna get my brother Zane one my account. if I can find him around here. he is a good speaker and maybe can help. He kinda talks like canIsmash. Sometimes he is more truthful and uses more powerful words. I'm the strong person I am today cause of him. Anyway this is stupid. I dont agree with how he directed his post to you, he could have sent you a PM, But for once I'll be on his side and the others on this one. You need to chill out.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdASTkfi91E

basically, quit your *****ing. I never got anything above second to last place at any tournament from march of 04 til march of 06. Thats 2 years.

2 years

you're running on barely a year and a half and you're *****ing about how you cant get better and how you wanna switch characters and wah wah wah get your self some wahmburgers and some french cries. Get that **** outta here. Step your game up, play, practice, get better, get that right mindset for improving, because cort's right you need a mindset overhaul, your definitely stuck and you will not get better with your attitude.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
Dark.Pch, post of wisdom

This is Hikaru's brother Zane. This is a post for Dark.Pch if he ever comes to see this and to Make him see reality.

I read though this whole thread. Dark.Pch, as harsh as the others may seem, they are right. and we each have our own way of expressing the truth no matter how much of a ******* we come off. nothing is easy and it will never be easy. You think Navy and army men care about going into war and cry cause they might get killed? No, they know what will happen, what they must to. The pain they will go through and risking thier lives. Anything big that you want will not be easy. The bigger the goal, the harder and more time it takes to be good enough to achive it.

You Play as princess Peach like my brother right? He tells me she is not one easy character to use. Most female characters in games are not easy to use. Though if you want to master them you best to believe it will take you some time. You cant read, watch, practice, then wake up the next moring and think your gonna play like a god. You know how long it takes to be a doctor? A nurse? years. and its not even that simple to be a doctor. when you want something big or to master a game, you gotta be ready to fall to the floor 100 times before you get it. Same as a baby learning how to walk. Im sure we bust our ***** 100 times before we learned how to walk. same as riding a bike. anything you want to be great in you gotta learn there WIll be mistakes. There WILL be loses. There WIIL be ownage.

I dont know to much about this game but I do hear that some characters dominate over others. From what my brother tells me. So dont think you can avoid combos, cause you cant. Dont think you wont get comboed bad. Cause you will. ALWAYS. It happens to everyone. its something that will happen. Now Im not saying you cant avoid it. you can. but dont expect to all the time. or else video games would be to easy and not many will play them. games have challenges. And ones that will hit you hard. The more you get beat the more you learn. cause your gonna get use to it. to a point where it wont happen so much, and you'll be force to think and strike back where your foe has to switch up. If you realize, your a lucky person to get beat the way you do. thing is you dont learn from it, or too stubborn and crying about it to learn upon it. Stop *****ing about it and do something about it. If a guy at school keeps messing with you, your gonna let it slide? go and complain to a teacher about it? The heck she gonna do, tell him to stop or suspend him? ok so what? that wont stop him from getting you after school, he is still gonna be there. So best way to deal with it is to kick his ***.

I got beat alot in school cause I was a wimp. But it made me stronger, Now anytime I was to have a problem with some *******, I beat the **** out of him. he never mess with me again. and if he wished to get his boys, I kick their ***** too, While getting jumped. I fight for what I want, and I take as many beatings as it comes to get it. so if you get beat, dont you dare get mad. think why you lost, why you got comboed. once you got that, think of a way to fix that. then go at him again. If done right, he cant do the same thing twice. cause you saw what you did wrong, and you changed it, now he has to think of a way to deal with you now cause all that he was doing he cant do again. Now you have the upper hand. but dont think you got it down. cause he can then do what you just did. and you can then lose the fight. And when you do, dont get mad or cry about it. Cause you did the right thing, you did NOTHING wrong. Now go at him twice as hard. And now your improving. cause your always switiching up. thinking. On your toes. ahead of the game. and if you still lose, dont worry. **** happens mistakes come into play. No one is perfect. not even the best in the world. even the best make mistakes. they may not be able to get punished for it that easy but they do screw up.

You say you wanna be like Cort and XIF? Man listen, I wont even have to tell you. Im sure they can for me. XIF already said his part on how he got where he is. 2 years. You think that is crazy but it's not. thats tuff work and dedication. Even after a year if he tought he had it down, he still went working hard at it. His loses learned, and went back strong to own these people who thought he was light work. im sure cort can say the same thing on how he got the way he is. dont worry about what others think when you lose. so what, you cant win them all. or this be easy. and it would make a video game a crappy one. easy games have no challenge and lil fun. A bad player cant get ANY wins off or come close to it. And your not one of them. even the best lose matches. does that mean they gotta ***** and think something is wrong with them? No, they are still the man and will still own. Loseing is a part of learning. getting ****ed up is a part of learning.

I took my time to post this cause my brother looks up to you cause your not a quittier and after all the **** people say to you wether you suck, make fun of you cause of your *****ing, they beat you and you feel lke **** or think that your easy. And you still play wanting to get better. and your his Melee hero/Idol. You just keep going. and that what true players dude. they eat anything losers may say about them. An they just sit back and work on it. cause once they get to that level, they can go and beat the **** out of them. that is always fun. then they can never talk like that again. and if they do, beat their *****. and if they make an excuse cause you won, don't care about it. you won right? thats what matters so screw them and move on.

Now to you other players out there that are just working your way up. you can learn from this as well. Keep fighting. eat your loses, learn from them and get back in the fight and **** up your enemy. Never go out a loser. You have not lose the match when you lose. You lose the match when you quit or give up in the fight. your always gonna run into tough compitetion. And you will always lose matches. But you will always win them too. Loseing does not make you a bad player or give one the right to think so. If they do, screw them. Like they dont lose. they can play it off all they want lets seem them never lose a fight. think of it that way. A lose is a lesson learned. a win is a lesson completed. so ether way your all good to go. Im sure its not easy to play a princess in a pink dress and **** up others with her. so I assume you guys work your butts off. and with is good. If your loseing, dont go out without a fight. Dont give up cause your not in the lead. you never know you might just come back. So I rep you guys. Real men go at it with style and never stop fighting thier best. winning or loseing. and real men play Peach. Lol. Good luck to you players. No go and start ****ing **** up, princess Peach style.

~ Zane~

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
First Ask yourself a question. Do you really feel uncomfortable with Peach now, or do you just hate losing and don't like your current level with her? If it's the first one then you really should switch characters because you're not going to have any fun playing the game and really won't get any better. If it's the second one, then switching characters would just satisfy your thirst for winning, but you'd never really enjoy playing the game. Arcnatural gave some really good advice. Just practice until you actually understand what you're doing and why your doing it. Eventually your DI will be less predictable and you'll feel that you have a lot more control of the match. Your edgeguarding will improve and you'll feel a lot better about yourself. But you have to practice the things that you're bad at, not the things you've already got down. For instance, I play Marth and I'm very good at edgeguarding. If they got off the stage then they don't come back. Even with that I still lost matches because I wasn't that good on the stage itself. It didn't do me any good to practice that, so when I got to play some friendlies I let my opponents back on the stage and specifically focused on my on the stage game. I think that you need to do the opposite if you want to improve your edgeguarding. Camp near the edge so that you can get better at your edge game.

For the DI problem you should focus on what your opponent is doing rather than the fact that he's doing it. Look at the range of his attacks (easy for a Marth player to say, right?) and try to adjust your DI to get out of range. If you think that you really can't get out of his range, then try to trick him into attacking the wrong spot by mixing up your DI rather than going with what you normally do (constantly DIing up and stuff like that.)

It will take some time, but you will get better. You really do just need to stay with it and get out of this slump. You've probably reached the point where a steady increase in skill has faded, but that just means that you are at a higher level than before and getting better will start to take longer. Be Patient

Ryan-K

Smash Master
My calculator doesnt count to the number of times ive seen this thread

Yeah CanIsmash is honest lol I mean do you think everyone started out as the big **** i mean seriously lol have you ever seen the old matches of chu vs azen? Chu gets ***** in every direction in every way like 50 times and I don't think he made a "I'm quitting" thread every week during that period.

Brookman

Smash Hero
lol have you ever seen the old matches of chu vs azen? Chu gets ***** in every direction in every way like 50 times and I don't think he made a "I'm quitting" thread every week during that period.
Yes he did. It's actually the first step to becoming really amazing, but only with Ice Climbers.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Darck Peach: the two problems you posted are solved by playing more. If edgeguarding and DI are the two things you feel uncomfortable about, you should be feeling lucky. Just play and analyze why you aren't getting it, and make that change.

*DI is just knowing the trajectories of people's attacks, and thus knowing which angle will alter the path in your favor. If you rally need to, sandbag and just let people hit you and work on DIing.

*Edgeguarding isn't as clear-cut, but in some ways its easier to get better at. It just takes knowing the options your opponent has, and what moves you have that stop them.

And in both of these cases, if you can't figure stuff out yourself, that is why we are here. Just post vids, and let people tell you how you are messing up. I'e watched your peach, and you shouldn't be beating yourself up over this little ****.

Taking something seriously is good. I take smash more seriously than some far more important things. Just don't let being discouraged keep you down.

Hikarui

Smash Apprentice
Darck Peach: the two problems you posted are solved by playing more. If edgeguarding and DI are the two things you feel uncomfortable about, you should be feeling lucky. Just play and analyze why you aren't getting it, and make that change.

*DI is just knowing the trajectories of people's attacks, and thus knowing which angle will alter the path in your favor. If you rally need to, sandbag and just let people hit you and work on DIing.

*Edgeguarding isn't as clear-cut, but in some ways its easier to get better at. It just takes knowing the options your opponent has, and what moves you have that stop them.

And in both of these cases, if you can't figure stuff out yourself, that is why we are here. Just post vids, and let people tell you how you are messing up. I'e watched your peach, and you shouldn't be beating yourself up over this little ****.

Taking something seriously is good. I take smash more seriously than some far more important things. Just don't let being discouraged keep you down.
QFT

He is way to hard on himself its crazy. i'm still trying to get him to come back and play again. Maybe when he finally snaps out of it he can return. He should. He just cares to much on what others think of him. He is a really good player

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Most of what I was going to say was already said by someone else, but there's more you need to keep in mind:

1. You live in a region where almost everyone is good at smash. NYC is nothing like New England, and probably not like most of the country. Last time I went to a smashfest in your area, there was not only no one there who sucked, but almost everyone there was better than me. If you go to New England, there'll be way more people even with you than in NYC, and way more who are far worse. When is the last time you saw an absolute scrub in your area? We still have our good players, enough of them that you wouldn't place in any of our tournaments either. But there's far more absolute scrubs here. What this means: Your perception of how good you are is obviously warped based on losing to the "average" players there, who are far better than the "average" anywhere else.

2. You aren't going to be pro at this game. Let's face it, with Brawl less than 2 months away, and Melee has been out practically forever, the pros have had so much experience that it's impossible to catch up within a few months... If you aren't already someone who is winning tournaments, you won't be unless you find a scrub tournament to win. Just do what I do. Have fun with Melee while it lasts, and go pick up Brawl. :)

3. Zelda is harder than Peach in many ways. Being the "king of grabs" won't get you very far with Zelda, as her grab is slow enough for many characters to be able to abuse. Try landing a grab on a good Fox or Sheik with Zelda, and you'll see what I mean. If you're losing now with Peach, you'll probably lose even more with Zelda, unless you're already better with Zelda like I am. And I can tell from your videos that your Zelda needs far more work than your Peach.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Jesus, no one really cares. You stopped playing a video game character? OMG, stop the presses, film at eleven!

Seriously, go outside. You take this game way too seriously, acting like it's a life and death matter that you can't be good at this game. If you lack the natural talent, work harder. If not, and you don't enjoy it, then go ahead, quit. We have plenty of smashers like you around. You would rather whine about your problems, ask people to tell you exactly how to solve them, rather than to find your own solutions. You have to play good people (and I'm talking really good people) and use that experience to get better. When you build up the fortress of your character yourself, rather than someone just telling you what to do, those improvements will actually stick.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You guys can take this post seriously or just let it go. Now where to begin......

Well you guys are right here. When I said I quit, I was fustrated and out of it. But Im not like this with this game alone. Many things, art work, cant seem to do good on test, handball, etc. Many things im in too. I have derpession so that kinda bundles up my mind. and I add all that into things I do, which I should not. Thats why I am the way I am, lack of confidence. Bad mindset as cort states. If some of you know people who are bi-polar or have depression you might understand. Lots are getting it. which sucks alot.

Im getting this depression thing taken care of once and for all. Cause this happens with everything I love to do, you should see me when Im doing my animes (Manga I create). Im a lil worst. And just shut myself out. Im taking something for depression so that should make things at ease while I control things. And hopefully it should be done with. Should have did this a while ago.

I thought I say this so you can know about me. Cause I know Im a pain to you all. so I thought it be far. Im sorry to you all for how I acted and how I always been acting. Cort, CanIsmash were right. As bad as it came off. And Zane was correct as well. Life is tuff and people let it get to them and into things they do.

Im getting myself together and handled now. so I dont think I'll be like this again. I would like to come back and play again. but if I do, I might now hear the end of it even this this time around is getting taken care of. and it would not be the same if others look down or shameful on my like they do now after this drama show. so once again, your all right and Im sorry. I had to read all the post alot. I read zanes Pos tmore than the others. though Im not sure I would be asking for advice. I dont think I know how too now. but if you all can let this one go, promise This should not happen again. I hope some of you can understand where Im coming from with this. if you all wish to feel the same then thats fine, I dont blame you all. and if not then thats great. i'll be working with people this time around. Not alone like always thus this type of thing happens. I dont really know what else I can say about this. I think i said all that I can. if I can be accepted or w/e word would be good, then that would be nice. If not then alright.
once again sorry............

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heh.

So you might undrstand the depession thing? I seen my friends who have it go through the same thing. Its so common now these days is nutz. well thanks cort......If you accepted me saying sorry, cant tell from your post. Im a lil tired now, so if its obvious forgive. I have docs on my back on this one.and are helping me with this depression bull.......bout time too.

Hopefully soon I'll be playing better? Hmm.......only time can tell. well thanks in advance to those can can forgive and let this go. If not thats cool. Im going to bed, I have classes in the morning. I'll check replies (if any in the morning). Niterz

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I didnt know NEO mained peach...

LOL but seriously, just keep fighting the good fight..whatever it is. I didnt read much the posts here but I thought I'd help

Cort's peach is too sexy.

Top Bottom