• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Mage's Stages! Counterpick Thread, Discussing: Diddy!

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Banning FD goes without saying really...

As for what stage to pick, I'm not entirely sure. Brinstar might be worth considering, and PS1. Out of the neutral stages, Yoshi's Island is probably the best.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
Counter Pick Rainbow cruise. His ground game is totally wrecked his nanas are only usable on the ship.

@Pie I thought BF was a good diddy stage.
Supposedly, but I always do better here against Diddies than any other neutral.

As far as CPs go, RC is also good but I tend to go Kirby there anyway (not to mention he has adv on Diddy IIRC) so it didn't immediately spring to my mind as a CP for Zelda.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Supposedly, but I always do better here against Diddies than any other neutral.

As far as CPs go, RC is also good but I tend to go Kirby there anyway (not to mention he has adv on Diddy IIRC) so it didn't immediately spring to my mind as a CP for Zelda.
Well a lot of Zelda's don't like RC as a CP however, I feel pretty comfortable on the stage and like it a lot. The stage is pretty much all platforms and Zelda wrecks on plat form stages. The moving part can mess with her recovery but what stage doesn't? There's only a limited amount of the cast who's recovery isn't bothered by this stage. I feel as though it makes it an even playing field in that aspect. If you manage to control the stage properly and get the high ground and not have to jump at your opponent you get even that much more of an advantage.

Top Bottom