• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Japanese Zelda player

Villi

Smash Lord
ilovekimchixD (1 week ago) Show Hide 0 Marked as spam Reply | Spam

ROFL, you stole this video from NinjaLink.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I believe that was Ninjalink's vid... XD

I remember because of that epic pwnage on Ike's last stock.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol, I will remember that match for years, the second the match started I could already tell it was Ryko vs. NL.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I asked Forte to translate the title out of curiosity and he said it translated to
"smash bros x foreign 1v1, ike vs zelda" (not in that exact order of words)
So they didn't credit themselves but I can't find any crediting of NL or ryko =[

Edit: Lol @ "honor code".

MrEh

Smash Hero
I lol'ed. Seriously.

So they didn't credit themselves but I can't find any crediting of NL or ryko =[
They didn't mention any players by name at all. All it says is that it's a Zelda vs Ike fight. No names are mentioned, but like you said, it is mentioned that the players in the video are not Japanese. (Which in this case, they happen to be NinjaLink and Ryko.)

And ne ways, everyone knows America (Hawaii) has the best Zelda's around
Someone's gotta represent Hawaii. ^^

Kenrawr

Smash Master
They didn't mention any players by name at all. All it says is that it's a Zelda vs Ike fight. No names are mentioned, but like you said, it is mentioned that the players in the video are not Japanese. (Which in this case, they happen to be NinjaLink and Ryko.)
It's almost as if that post didn't even happen ;p

Edit: http://www.nicovideo.jp/ ~Forte
The apparent source.

NL, just be proud man.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I think I've figured out what's going on. Someone ripped your videos from Youtube and uploaded them to Nico Nico, which is like the Japanese equivalent of Youtube. (it's also much crappier)

Then, some Japanese guy probably saw these videos on Nico Nico and thought, "hey, why don't I upload this onto Youtube?" So he ripped it from Nico Nico and uploaded it back to Youtube. If I'm reading the Japanese correctly, it seems like the uploader of these videos got them from Nico Nico, which sort of supports my theory.

It also explains why the quality is crap. ^^

EDIT: beat me to it

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
oh. I already knew my vids were on NicoNico Douga. Didnt kno thats what happened though. Does sound stupid to reupload back to youtube.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
MrEh you like to repeat me :p

NL, I heard you only get a file name when you download the match so maybe the guy didn't know your guys' names when he uploaded it.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
my name is on the vid though and some jpn guy messaged me on youtube before knowing it was me on niconico. So no excuses.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Didnt kno thats what happened though. Does sound stupid to reupload back to youtube.
I think the person who uploaded them back onto Youtube was just unaware that the videos came from Youtube in the first place. Actually, I'm definately sure. Look at this...

Why the crap is there a video of SK92?

I lol'ed. Again.

MrEh you like to repeat me
Haha, I just take so long to type out my posts. ^^

EDIT: He uploaded another video. >>

Anyone recognize the players in this video? I'm pretty sure this is a Youtube vid.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I think that Japan stole your video's to show that certain characters can be played well? I know Japan thinks that Peach is one of the worst characters in the game...2nd worst IIRC. It's still weird that they would steal your video lol.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I know Japan thinks that Peach is one of the worst characters in the game...2nd worst IIRC.
Japan is silly like that. This is the most recent list I can find...

S:MetaKnight,Snake,Falco
A:R.O.B,Diddy,Marth,Pit,Fox
B:Mr. Game & Watch,Wolf,Toon Link
C:Ice Climbers,Olimar,Sheik,Zero Suit Samus,Pikachu,Lucario
D:Kirby,King Dedede,Mario,Lucas,Wario,Charizard
E:Zelda,Ike,Donkey Kong,Ness,Link,Luigi,Yoshi,Pokemon Trainer,Squirtle,Ivysaur
F:Sonic,Bowser,Samus,Captain Falcon,Jigglypuff,Peach
G:Ganondorf

As you can see, it's pretty hilarious. I laughed at Peach and Fox's placement.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Hell yeah bro, meatridin is just what I do.

Edit:
Oh my god who else is awake @4:25 in the morning looking at the zelda boards. not me ofcourse :chuckle:
Hey, I've been up all night. :ohwell:

BTW, OP and anyone else who thought these players were Japanese were being ********, because everyone knows Smashville is too exotic for Japan. They're all like, "IT HAZ A PRATFOLM, AND IT EVAN MOVES, IT IS TEH BLOKENZORZ!!!"

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Japan is silly like that. This is the most recent list I can find...

As you can see, it's pretty hilarious. I laughed at Peach and Fox's placement.
Hey if it means that Sheik is higher up the foodchain then I'm all for Japanese tiers.

Jiers?

Poor Zelda. She sucks all over the world ):

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I remember that and I remember laughing for like 15 minutes at where they have DDD placed.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
Someone ripped your videos from Youtube and uploaded them to Nico Nico, which is like the Japanese equivalent of Youtube. (it's also much crappier)
Yeah go USA! At least we're beating them in the video uploader website gap.

Then, some Japanese guy probably saw these videos on Nico Nico and thought, "hey, why don't I upload this onto Youtube?" So he ripped it from Nico Nico and uploaded it back to Youtube.
^this made me laugh :)

heya looks like you gotta reupload that one
Yeah, you can probably find it on Nico heh-heh

Top Bottom