• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is pissing me off!

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Ever that CG incident, everyone thinks Ness sucks now! It's driving me nuts!

Hell, the tier list topic shows Ness below Peach (**** no) Bowser (no) Shiek (no) e.c.t
Anyone else pissed?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol Ness is about a thousand times better than he was in Melee. There's really nothing to complain about. If fewer people play him then it means you have an advantage because fewer people know how to play against him. I recently saw a good Ness player who won a tournament with Ness and Wario. It's definetly doable (although I would always have a secondary prepared.) A chaingrab is nothing compared to the **** that fell upon Ness in Melee so if you really have a problem with people thinking he sucks then just start winning some. There's nothing sweeter than destroying someone with a lower tier character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Play Melee, that'll shut you up.
Where PKT 1 and 2 are weaker, PKT2 is harder to aim, PKF is garbage, Usmash and Dsmash are laughably bad, PKF is slower and easier to get out of, Bair has less punch, etc. No thanks, no thanks. I'll take Brawl's middle tier Ness instead of Melee's low tier Ness any day of the week.

A_man13

Smash Master
Well, the chain grab is OK. Think of it, Marth (the main Ness chain grabber) was tough before the glitch was discovered in the first place. That leaves just charizard who any confadent Ness player can overcome.

Ness is higher in ability than most would come to think. Ness takes a long time to master, but he is probably one of the most potent characters in the game if you sit down with him. When I first started up Melee (good times...), Ness was the first non mario character I tried. Let's just say he sucked. Few years of melee battles and what not, I picked Ness up again and tried to learn what I could. It took about a week, but aftarwards I just fell in love. I could aim both PK cannonbolt and an aerial PK fire with almost perfect acuracy, reflect with the bat, and generally became unbeatable with my opponets (just family and friends). Picked up brawl and Ness became the highlight of my ability set. My win/lose ratio with Ness is a lot lower than most of my mains and I think that his ability set deserves a bit more recognition.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Yeah I guess. But the tactical discussion lists him as crap all of the time.

I really need a secondary.

Phobandit

Smash Rookie
Lol while I would agree that Brawl's Ness is quite a bit better than he was in melee, I still miss a good YYG. And really if your opponent is a d-bag and you know will use the CG glitch either play a lot safer or counter-pick against that character.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I feel the same way you guys do about Mario. I mean Japan is kicking butt with Mario and here we are complaining about him being low tier.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Getting you to shut up about it is helping. Spend less time complaining, and more time playing Ness in tournaments. That'll change people's minds, nothing else.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Getting you to shut up about it is helping. Spend less time complaining, and more time playing Ness in tournaments. That'll change people's minds, nothing else.
Srsly go to tournaments. I've only meant two Ness users at tournaments, one of which 2nd'd him. Eb360, u live in my area and there's a bunch of tournaments like an > hour away from your house. Tell your parents you're going to a friend's house and take a bus there. SRSLY NO JOHNS.

This is another reason why I dislike the Ness boards. It's a bunch of people who don't even go to tournaments asking for advice against their friends. How the hell can we help you if we don't even know their playstyle? They aren't tournament players and we don't know their skill level so they could just be a downb spamming pikachu that ***** you cause you just suck that much at the game.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Srsly go to tournaments. I've only meant two Ness users at tournaments, one of which 2nd'd him. Eb360, u live in my area and there's a bunch of tournaments like an > hour away from your house. Tell your parents you're going to a friend's house and take a bus there. SRSLY NO JOHNS.

This is another reason why I dislike the Ness boards. It's a bunch of people who don't even go to tournaments asking for advice against their friends. How the hell can we help you if we don't even know their playstyle? They aren't tournament players and we don't know their skill level so they could just be a downb spamming pikachu that ***** you cause you just suck that much at the game.
He has a point. Ness players need to go to tournaments more. Its true too we can not tell your skill level through words. I wonder if it has something to do with people being embarrassed. I would like to go to a Tournament, but I'll probably be an outcast I'm pretty young.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
The tournament community is really open, if you start going, people will recognize it and start respecting you for it. Nobody expects new players to come and start winning, if you keep playing good players through tournament matches and friendlies, you'll improve faster than you could believe.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The tournament community is really open, if you start going, people will recognize it and start respecting you for it. Nobody expects new players to come and start winning, if you keep playing good players through tournament matches and friendlies, you'll improve faster than you could believe.
Wow inspiring I'm going to one thats near by probably. Thanks Ademisk.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
lol thesage, it's not that easy. I cant drive yet :ohwell:

Are there online tournaments that affect Ness' tier placement?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Online tournaments don't count, EVER. Online is retardedly stupid, I tried today again, I couldn't even hyphen smash and sh consistently. *** THAT.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Well see, the issue here is Louisiana doesen't really have any big tournaments (unless you go to Baton Rouge,) and me and my friends are not the hardcore traveling type, so if we were to go ANYWHERE out of the way, it will be when we feel as if we pretty much perfected the character to the point where we could play with our eyes closed.

I think the farthest we'd go would be Texas, but even then, it's just a hassle. Gas is very expensive. =(

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
**** now I've gotta... exert energy T_T

Sheesh, you act like there is teleportation lag EVEY match you play. It's not THAT bad.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
**** now I've gotta... exert energy T_T

Sheesh, you act like there is teleportation lag EVEY match you play. It's not THAT bad.
It's that bad for me lol. Lag always screws me up. In melee if a tv lag, I couldn't play at all on it.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
XD

Well, I'll see. I dunno, my parents have changed since before my death and rebirth. Idk if thye will let me go that often. Next year though, I'll be driving.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Im too young. Im 15
Im too young for the jacuzzi also :mad:
7 months lifeguard... 7 months. Cant you just let me in?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Lol Idk, the pool I go to is WAAAY to strict >_>

But we're getting off topic

I'll try my best to join real tournies and give my boy a good name.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Still though...but yea, getting off topic.

If I could get my friends to drive us around to more tournaments, than maybe.

It is just a division of competitive interest in my group. 2 like the idea of going to tournaments and the others are all "meh."

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Im too young. Im 15
Im too young for the jacuzzi also :mad:
7 months lifeguard... 7 months. Cant you just let me in?
XD I used to go to jacuzzis when I was 6. Now I don't anymore cuz they're disgusting.

And no age johns. I know a 13 y old who goes to tournaments.

???????

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I do somewhat prefer Mario's faster Fsmash in Melee over Mario's slower, longer, more powerful Fsmash in Brawl (I'm not being sarcastic; Mario's Fsmash is harder to land since it's slower).

*I mained Dr. Mario in Melee*

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Smashbros why are you looking up threads that post information about Ness? What will you do if he actually ends up being bottom tier again? Explode?

3Years

Smash Lord
so u come 2 the ness character discussion boards go on the thread that says "This is pissing me off" 2 say "Ness is not very good.Get over it"

*palm 2 face* epic fail

LAWL

Top Bottom