• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is pissing me off!

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I find it ironic that you are mad that your character is underrated, then you go ahead and bash Peach, who is a really good character. I am the one person in the world who uses BOTH Ness and Peach (both in tournament) and i have significant success in Socal, not great but i'm good and I can tell you that Peach is a better character.

Ness is definitely good though.

3Years

Smash Lord
i didn't no u used ness edreese

i never underestimate a character trust me...i think all characters have potential ^_^

2 cazcom: so your sayin that u can get out of a D3 cg as ness??? LAWL

and yes most people play cheap 2 win cuz if they see the opportunity 2 cg , spam an attack or wutever then they will do it like your post said haha

and the wrong info was directed 4 all future posts and i apologise 4 makin it seem like your grenade info was wrong cuz i went back and saw that u did say its easier 2 throw back i got lost because in 1 post u said 2 hit em with the bat and the other post said 2 grab em n throw em so thats y i got confused XD

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
2 cazcom: so your sayin that u can get out of a D3 cg as ness??? LAWL

and yes most people play cheap 2 win cuz if they see the opportunity 2 cg , spam an attack or wutever then they will do it like your post said haha
I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't get Chain-grabbed because I don't let them infinite me. D3's cg is over-rated. It only gets me like 3 times, and D3 is pretty easy to beat with ness anyway.

Most people play cheap to win... most people also suck. Spammers are easy to beat. But on that same note, players that try to infinite ness with a grab are also easy to beat b/c they spend the whole time looking for that grab.

The point I'm trying to make is people over-rate the importance of chain grabs. If you're losing a match because D3 got a cg or 2 on you, you never deserved to win that match in the first place.

EDIT : Ademisk -- Sorry, but I won't be going to the EWU IV tourney today. I just don't feel like making the drive all the way over the pass. Good luck though. Represent ness proudly.

3Years

Smash Lord
well D3 cg can be bad

1 of my crew members (aero) is the best D3 in so cal (check the PR) and he is really good at grabs so i no wut im talkin about wen it comes 2 his cg

Ademisk

Smash Champion
It's not that bad, just stay away from him in places like Delphino Plaza, and you're gold. It's 3 grabs, if he starts doing it a lot, expect it and try to counter the grab itself.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Not to mention that a lot of ppl screw up the chain grabs, and with ppl who screw them up they aren't the best of players and there controling DDD, someone ness can murder otherwise.

Also with Marths infinate on ness, ppl shouldnt stress over it that much bcuz not many ppl other than the ones on here know about it. The only time you would have a problem is if you run into someone at a tounrnament who knows about it and can pull it off. I know this first hand, a tournament i went to, marth players were oblivious to the infinate and just spammed counter and fair, fsmash.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Ugh...when playing competitively, you should assume that your opponent is as skilled as you are and knows about your character's weaknesses. Pretending that people don't know about the chain grab is a poor strategy.

Really, just pick an alt to deal with Marths, Bowsers and Pokemon Trainers. I recommend Lucario.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
Ness has gotten better in everyway, except that the swing of his bat has gotten a tad slower, his PK thunder is tighter and easier to control, and his PK flash is easier to control

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I prefer MK for dealing with Marth, the others aren't important enough to bother.

My strategy is to try to take him on first round. CP a small stage or Pirate Ship second round, and if I manage to win that, I go with MK for his CP.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I prefer Lucario to Metaknight. Although I don't go to tournaments, my strategy would be to start off with Lucario, and then if the opponent uses anyone other than Marth, Pokemon Trainer, Snake, Bowser or Wario, I'd switch to Ness or Lucas.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
My strategy is play ness. I don't & will not play another character in a tournament. I main ness, and can beat anyone I play against. If I don't beat them, it means I need to work on some of the flaws in my play style, not my character.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
I went to a tourney
Beat everyone with Ness
and then lost to a Wario who spot dodged-Fsmashed with no freaking lag.
First time I've ever played a human Wario, and nobody I know plays a decent one, so I'm in trouble.
It was only a 20-30 person tourney though.
4th place...would have been 2nd if matchups were different
oh btw nessbounder why switch characters for Bowser, PT, or Snake? I can understand Marth and Wario, but really now.
P.S. what do you mean by CP Ademisk?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Nice job Yumclock, and CP means Counterpick. With Marth's counterpick, beating him with Ness would be absolutely insane, he can beat me on a random stage, he'll destroy me with a counterpick stage. So pulling MK at that point is my only choice. I'm not abandoning Ness, or saying Ness can't possibly win against Marth, I'm saying if the score at the third round is 1-1, and the Marth player gets a counterpick, there is no reason for me to believe I'd be able to beat him any more than I would the first round, and so I should change characters, because obviously my Ness, as he is, won't be able to beat that Marth.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I prefer MK for dealing with Marth, the others aren't important enough to bother.

My strategy is to try to take him on first round. CP a small stage or Pirate Ship second round, and if I manage to win that, I go with MK for his CP.
So Pirate Ship is a good counter pick? thats what i was planning on picking when i lose the first or second round, due to the water and you can spike them kinda easily.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I went to a tourney
Beat everyone with Ness
and then lost to a Wario who spot dodged-Fsmashed with no freaking lag.
First time I've ever played a human Wario, and nobody I know plays a decent one, so I'm in trouble.
It was only a 20-30 person tourney though.
4th place...would have been 2nd if matchups were different
oh btw nessbounder why switch characters for Bowser, PT, or Snake? I can understand Marth and Wario, but really now.
P.S. what do you mean by CP Ademisk?
Bowser, PT and Snake have semi-infinite chain grabs against Ness. Charizard has a real infinite, and Bowser just needs to running grab you to make it a semi-infinite. Snake and Bowser can also just hit with strong KO moves every time they land a grab, too.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well I think the Lucas cg works on both Ness and Lucas. I had a Lucas ditto and we both used it against each other and neither of us could get out >_>;

I would like to say that we should be researching that weird thing that happens when you instantly break out of a grab. That'll be hella useful.

@Nessbounder, some cgs that don't work on Ness work on Lucas, such as Yoshi's grab release cg.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, I wonder how that happens. It doesn't seem to be frame specific, I can't even do it at the slowest speed, using any button on the entire control pad, and it doesn't work.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
One time I did it by pressing r. Could it be possible it's something similar to tripping? That'd be gay.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
first of i say... bowser is pretty good he does the second highest damage at the second highest attack rate.

peeps say that ness sucks because they dont know how to use him.

hes slow and his smashes are kinda weak...

and it can be difficult to recover.

only the nubs say that ness is bad (and this is from someone who dosent like ness...)

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Honestly. I think I'll look for a good tournament to join. Ness is too awesome to deserve a horrible tier position. I'm not worried with getting out of practice with Olimar (my main), because I'm trying to do some boss bashing on Intense. (Believe it or not, the 0% attempts on Duon took up 99 recordings. I should remember to delete the attempts except any I want to keep as outtakes, so that I have room for more videos.)

Oh, by the way, my Brawl name is "Bloo" after the Foster's Home character.

Top Bottom