• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THIS IS INSANE. PLEASE READ......plz.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
INCEPTION IS APE****.....It was elegant beyond words. Please, please, do yourselves a favor. Go watch it. Better your life. I am a terrorist of a critic, and I have not been this delighted in a long while.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
the real question is who cares

for w/e reason i am not compelled to answer this question

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
the movie wasn't that great (i did enjoy it but it's just not THAT amazing)

you think they would've done more with the concepts of extraction/inception than just get hired by some dude to **** over a rival company (and we never find out what those companies do)

the ending.... was good and bad but mainly boring and cliche

imo the plot is very boring once you get over the idea of extraction/inception and the effects

Gerbil

Smash Champion
The movie was amazing! One of the best I've seen in a long time. It's definately up there with Kick ***, Avatar, Dark Knight, etc. (BTW I loved The Illusionist)

My thoughts on the ending:

I think that after the scene with his wife, he forced himself into the 5th derivative of dreaming in order to find a new kick. Hence, he located the old asian man in that attempt. From here, he proved that they were in a dream realm with his totem. Afterward, it immediately showed the airplane. Now, at first I figured he got his kick and he was good to go. Honestly though, I am thinking that since his totem didn't fall at the end, he could've put himself into the 6th derivative of dreams and created a memory dream. Not necessarily limbo, but just a full length dream again since he probably knew there was no way he was going to get his kick.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Actually it does explain in the movie what the businesses do...it says that Fischer's company would become a global energy monopoly if not stopped!!!

:colorful:
i don't remember that, but that's still boring.... so he (fischer) got stopped.... so saito's company could become a "global energy monopoly?"

****ing boring

Rayku

Smash Lord
I just saw Inception

it was cool

I actually wholeheartedly agree with Tong. It's been a while.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well you basically made it sound as if what they were doing wasn't important/affected little more than these two rival competitors companies!!! When it sounds as if they were pretty important companies, so it would affect the world quiet a bit...but for me I was more interested in what happened with Cobb, Mal, and his kids!!! I felt as if that's what Nolan wanted the viewer to be more concerned with in the long run anyway!!!

Anywho, I loved it, but I can def see why people may not like it!!!

=D

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Well you basically made it sound as if what they were doing wasn't important/affected little more than these two rival competitors companies!!! When it sounds as if they were pretty important companies, so it would affect the world quiet a bit...but for me I was more interested in what happened with Cobb, Mal, and his kids!!! I felt as if that's what Nolan wanted the viewer to be more concerned with in the long run anyway!!!

Anywho, I loved it, but I can def see why people may not like it!!!

=D

the end result is the same (a monopoly) so it doesn't even matter

and you're prolly right... but i just didn't find cobb or mal's character to be all that interesting

michael caine should've played a bigger role lol

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
I agree with geoff. I thought it was pretty good but not outstanding. We seem to be the only ones on the earth.

I thought decaprio's acting was pretty lame too, it seemed like more of a nicholas cage type role.

Veggi

Smash Champion
The ending was confusing, but I think
Cobb just stayed in limbo for a while trying to find Saito because if Saito died in the truck he would also be in Limbo (but how did Cobb know he died?). Because it was a shared dream I think they would have the same Limbo. Sooo...Cobb found old Saito after a long time and showed him his cool top so they could both wake up. Which I'm confused about because all of them woke up on the plane from the looks of it.

But after that they are all at the airport doing strange things like they don't even know each other. Then after that his dad (I think?) takes him to go see his children without showing much of a scene (or none at all?) showing where all those other guys went. Then he spins the top and finds his kids looking like the same age in the same clothes, doing the same thing as in his memory. Still, his top starts to falter after he sees his kids and if Cobb is playing with the kids I don't know how the top would start to falter unless it was real. Who knows though? The kids live with their grandparents and they might just not get a lot of clothes or something. It looks like a pretty boring house too so I guess the kids have nothing better to do then dig holes in the old man's yard.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Haven't seen Inception yet, but it looks pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

That said, I emphathize with Fearless and G$.

I don't understand why everyone likes Avatar. That movie sucked. Like it wasn't even a good movie.

The only thing that movie had was visuals, and even those were inconsistent. It was like the writers had a crazy acid trip and thought it would make a good movie. Well it doesn't because you're still lacking at a minimum plot, character development, and dialogue, all three of which are much more important than special effects.

/rant

Top Bottom