• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you would never want to see as a Pic of the Day.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Here you can see a demonstration of a new mechanic, air tripping! Now your characters have a chance of tripping, even when in the air. Also, peach's down-b pulls up beam swords and bob-ombs 90% of the time now. Please understand.

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
Due to the decline in popularity of fighting games, we have decided to make the new Smash Bros. game into an MMO RPG! We believe that due to the overall popularity of this type of game, this decision will be better for everyone. The new game, Smash Bros. MMO, will now be released sometime in 2016!
Hope you enjoy!

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Pic of the Day.
We didn't reveal ALL the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here's a new assistant, Dillon! His rolling rivals that of Sonic.

...oh wait.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Here you can see a demonstration of a new mechanic, air tripping! Now your characters have a chance of tripping, even when in the air. Also, peach's down-b pulls up beam swords and bob-ombs 90% of the time now. Please understand.
I wouldn't even mind the latter, tbh. The former, though...no. Please, no.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Pic of the Day:

"Here is the trophy for Bandana Waddle Dee! I really like his design and gives a bit of flair and uniqueness to the Waddle Dees! He isn't playable in smash because Nintendo said that 3 Kirby reps were enough. Maybe next decade for Smash 5 though!"

I would eat my teeth.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Pic of the Day:
This is the stage selection screen! Please keep in mind there will be no new Kirby stages.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Pic of the Day:

Look at that! It is King K Rool as an assist trophy, Mewtwo as a Pokeball Pokemon while Ridley attacks the Pyroshpere and Pit is using his taunt and summoning Palutena.

I enjoy your tears.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pic of the Day: We have decided to add in Mustache Physics to all of the characters due to how popular it is in Mario Kart, even the females have mustaches *Posts a picture of Samus with a Mustache*
I don't want the girls to have mustaches, but how would glorious mustache physics for Mario & Co. ever be a bad thing?

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of the Day: Here's a new stage! We're not going to tell you anything about it, though!

Bonus Pic: JUST KIDDING! This new stage is (etc, etc, etc)

...ohwait

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Pic of the Day: Due to how much of a hit Mario Kart 8 is, we've decided to put in Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina, since they were the most well-received characters of that game.

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
Pic of the Day: Due to how much of a hit Mario Kart 8 is, we've decided to put in Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina, since they were the most well-received characters of that game.
Actually, assuming the Metal Box returns in this game, they should totally make it so that Peach is Pink Gold when she uses it. Barring that, both Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach would make sick alts.

D

Deleted member

Actually, assuming the Metal Box returns in this game, they should totally make it so that Peach is Pink Gold when she uses it.
I had the same idea. I think that would actually be a quite clever easter egg. Question is if they will actually use it.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of the Day: Along with the Super Mushroom and Poison Mushroom, we've also added a new Baby Mushroom! This new item downgrades your character to a pesky baby, which only does half the damage of its normal form for an extended period of time.

Bonus: We've also included everybody's favorite...Cloud Flower...

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Pic of the Day: Because of Mario Kart 8 Big Success, we would like tyo annouce the two newest newcomers, Baby Rosalina and Pink gold Peach! We had to cut Captain Falcon, Ness, Wario and Meta Knight for them, but we hope that you will love the two of them.

Thegamerguy131

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thegamerguy131
3DS FC
0946-2559-8115
Pic of the Day: "Every character suggestion post that gets 10 or more Yeahs will be put into the game. Because of this, the game will be delayed to Summer 2017. Please understand."

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
At this point, Shulk as a trophy. It's not that I will only be happy if he is a playable character, but showing him as a regular trophy doesn't even give the promise of AT status, which would be a big bummer.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Pic of the Day: "Due to Capcom wanting getting rid of Megaman forever, we have been forced to remove him from the roster. Please understand."

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Pic of the Day. He's gonna Wreck it!

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Pic of the day. Isaac makes his glorious return as an assist trophy!
Reminder: This means Isaac is not a playable character. Just because you try hard, doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.

Pic of the day. Our favorite Tactical Espionage Hero returns...in Mii form!
Bonus pic of the day. Joining him is... Mr. Kojima!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've seen so many "Please Understand"s here that you'd almost think that Sakurai is secretly Iwata or something like that.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Pic of the day: Race to the Finish mode from Melee has returned, as a stage! Lots of places to hide here.

Pic of the day: Here's a photo of Mewtwo's Amiibo. He's not in the game, but purchasing and installing the Amiibo will allow him to be used - this is how we will handle downloadable content.

Pic of the day: This is the X Cup Stage, which randomly pieces together a different arena every match. We've had to remove the Stage Builder due to security concerns, so we hope this is a suitable replacement.

I actually would like to see the third one, but not to replace the Stage Builder.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
pic a the day
i made a balloon fight stage, remember?

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I never want to see a PotD showing a trophy of an unconfirmed character from a previous Smash Bros. game.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Never show me a stage at a different angle with no new content in it. That is pointless and should never be done.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
"Pic of the Day. You'll wish on a star that you had skills like these! Yumetaro, the hero of the Famicom game Gimmick, gently attacks Smash headlong."

Seriously, though. If you wanna put in a fourth guest character, it should either be Bub, Snake, Shantae, or nothing.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Pic of the day: Waluigi is still an assist trophy! I just wanted to make sure you all knew.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I know you can't see it well in this picture, but these characters despite being player characters, do not respond to button pushes. This is to ensure that the game is fun for everyone and not just those more skilled at pushing buttons.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Picture of the Day: This is Princess Peach's crown. We put a lot of detail into the jewels in her crown, so we hope you appreciate the aesthetic quality of our characters!

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Pic of the day: Our final addition to the roster, Lester the Unlikely joins the battle. Having fallen asleep on some cargo, he unwittingly stowaways and is now forced into Smash Bros. He controls just like he did in his original game, and even takes damage after landing from a jump. His Final Smash? He runs off the stage and kills himself. But anybody who gets caught in his wailing arms and doesn't jump out of the way will meet the same way.

We are sorry if your favorite Brawler didn't make the cut; as it turned out, we only had enough space for 34 characters on the 3DS. We hope you understand.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Pic of the day. A black screen that means nothing to day b$#@!!!

Pic of the day. You want that guy, that guy and that guy. Well Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu$# You. You get Capt. Ganon and Falco fox brother. Sakurai because he want to Fu$# you Up.

Sakurai like to troll a lot.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Pic of the day: Shulk now has an alternate costume...or at least he would, if he were wearing anything. For those of you who wishes to play as the Heir to the Monado wearing nothing but his underwear, this is for you.

....Actually, I think that is exactly what all the Shulk fans want for an alternate skin, now that I think about it. Um...next pic, please.

Pic of the Day: Who is that glitched out enemy in Smash Run? Actually, that's not just any ordinary glitch. That's the glitch Pokémon, MissingNo.. Go ahead and attack it and see what happens....

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Pic of the day. These two lines aren't lines; they're Mr. Game & Watch and Paper Mario!
The latter may not be playable.
(and if you need a visual/don't get it)

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Pic of the day: No, this is not a fan hack. Mario is actually naked. There are other playable characters out there that may have all natural alternate skins.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I think the absolute worst PotD would be Sakurai and his group playing around in Minecraft, with a note that production has been put back while they recreate the Subspace Emissary.

I know you can't see it well in this picture, but these characters despite being player characters, do not respond to button pushes. This is to ensure that the game is fun for everyone and not just those more skilled at pushing buttons.
Poe's Law in any other thread, nightmarish.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pic of the day. We purposely posted late to build up the hype of this picture of a trophy of an enemy from the SSE in Brawl. You're welcome. (There is no escape.)

Top Bottom