• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you would never want to see as a Pic of the Day.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
"Pic of the Day. You'll wish on a star that you had skills like these! Yumetaro, the hero of the Famicom game Gimmick, gently attacks Smash headlong."

Seriously, though. If you wanna put in a fourth guest character, it should either be Bub, Snake, Shantae, or nothing.
My answer is Shantae,right about NOW!

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Sakurai says: "Pic of the day: This is the inside of the body of me, Mashiro Sakurai! Please note that the inside of my body will be a starter stage in both versions of the game. Also, Greninja has been cut to make room for Motobug in the roster."

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
PotD: Pichu will be the first DLC character! he can be yours for only $9.95!

D

Deleted member

"Pic of the Day: Here's Lucas from the Japan only game Mother 3! He was a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but in this game, he appears as an alternate costume of Ness!"

"Pic of the Day: Here's Roy from the Japan only game Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade! He was a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but in this game, he appears as an alternate costume of Marth!"

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
"Pic of the Day: Here's Lucas from the Japan only game Mother 3! He was a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but in this game, he appears as an alternate costume of Ness!"

"Pic of the Day: Here's Roy from the Japan only game Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade! He was a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. Melee, but in this game, he appears as an alternate costume of Marth!"
That's a good way to ruin a day.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Sakurai says: "Pic of the day: This is the inside of the body of me, Mashiro Sakurai! Please note that the inside of my body will be a starter stage in both versions of the game. Also, Greninja has been cut to make room for Motobug in the roster."
Which is why, I really hope that Shantae can be in SMASH4!

pickle962

Smash Lord
Hmm lets see...I do NOT want to something like this!

"Today's pic is all about idling, a condition that happens when you don't move your character period! I hope you enjoy the pretty animations that have gone into idling because I sure do!"

Speaking of that, I **** you not! On the old Super Smash Flash 2 Dojo, one of the devs made a post that covered this exact topic! That's....hell that's not even bottom of the barrel filler posts. That is just being too damn lazy to actually post something of worth!

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
  1. Here are more cool features you can't use online.
  2. We brought back New Pork City!
  3. Newcomer: Urban Champion bores his enemies to death!

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Pic of the day: The Bomb Mask from The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask is an item! it replaces your use of all neutral attacks in favor of creating an explosion right where you are! You can't take it off and it stays on you until you are KO'd.

Wait, I would love this

D

Deleted member

Pic of the Day: Here's the long awaited Donkey Kong Country stage! It's a jungle!

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Pic of the day: The Bomb Mask from The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask is an item! it replaces your use of all neutral attacks in favor of creating an explosion right where you are! You can't take it off and it stays on you until you are KO'd.

Wait, I would love this
so ur moves become a Michael Bay film?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Wait, I would love this
Now you have me thinking about Majora's Mask and its various explosions.

"Pic of the day: Sakon appears as an assist trophy. He runs around the stage stealing your things and he carries a large bag full of bombs. If you hit the bag, he explodes! You awful, awful human being."

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
"Pic of the Day. The legendary racer from the F-Zero series, Captain Falcon, has returned to the fight...

...as part of the newly announced sticker system! He can increase the speed stat of your character by 2."

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Wait, I would love this
Snake could blow himself up twice for a recovery!

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
"Pic of the Day. We found out that a lot of you don't like our character choices for this game, so we decided to cancel this game altogether! See you in another 6 years!"

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
"Pic of the day. We actually listened to Miiverse for once and added Bigley. Since every Smash fan has ONE complaint about Smash Bros. 4, we only listened to Miiverse and made Bigley the only character you can play as."

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Pic of the day: Ridley really is a boss in Pyrosphere. But wait, what's that shadow there?......

He also included a second picture saying: Kraid joins the battle! We've sized him down to Pikachu's size so that he can join in.

Pic of the day: When Yellow Devil joins the battle, Alfonso dismembers himself to attack! Alfonso: leave it to me!

Pic of the day: It's Falco, Fox's alternate costume!

Pic of the day: Pac-Man is actually an assist trophy. I got you pretty good, didn't I?

Pic of the day: There will be unlockable characters in this installment, too. Just do classic mode, and you'll randomly get one. Just like Mario Kart 8!

Pic of the day: 100 Man Melee returns, but this time the wireframes can also use DK's down B to make it fair.

Pic of the day: We decided to make a story mode after all. The game will be coming to you Summer, 2017!

Pic of the day: We decided to cut Mega Man in favor of Tails. Tails joins the battle!

Pic of the day: The Salamander Within joins the battle! He uses his super armor coffee spilling moves to attack foes.

Pic of the day: Midna DIDN'T join the battle! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Pic of the day: We were just kidding about Charizard being a standalone fighter. The Pokemon Trainer makes his grand reappearance in SSB4, controlling Charizard himself!! And no, Squirtle and Ivysaur are still not in this game, which means that only Charizard will be victim to the elemental and fatigue mechanics.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the day: This is Bandana Dee from the Kirby series. Such an adorable fellow! Too adorable to pass up as an assist trophy. With that, there is one more announcement, you can unlock Bandana Dee by completing the returning 15-Minute Melee mode! We hope you enjoy.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Hmm lets see...I do NOT want to something like this!

"Today's pic is all about idling, a condition that happens when you don't move your character period! I hope you enjoy the pretty animations that have gone into idling because I sure do!"

Speaking of that, I **** you not! On the old Super Smash Flash 2 Dojo, one of the devs made a post that covered this exact topic! That's....hell that's not even bottom of the barrel filler posts. That is just being too damn lazy to actually post something of worth!
Yeah, I remember that... That was before they started taking the project seriously and it really showed.

There was also a joke post announcing an item that gave you the speed of Clyde the Hedgehog. Also, Mama Luigi and O RLY? were going to be assist trophies.

Have I mentioned how glad I am that they did that total retool in 2010 to be more professional? Because I am.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I remember that... That was before they started taking the project seriously and it really showed.
So playable Goku = taking project seriously? :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Picture: That picture of the Polar Bear that was briefly uploaded and then taken down one day.
"Pic of the day. Polar Bears are enemies that you may encounter in Smash Run. An enemy from their past may appear at any second..."

Picture: A screen-capture of the online menu.
"Pic of the day. In Brawl, we weren't able to fully achieve the sort of online mode we wished to. This time, however, we can. I'm happy to announce that Superbot Entertainment, who previously worked on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, will be assisting with the production of the game's netcode. I hope you enjoy playing online with seamless connections when the game releases."

Picture: Palutena fanservice.
"Pic of the day. Palutena in HD! Her model is very ornate and detailed, so she looks great in the game's graphics. We made sure to sculpt her body exactly to form, down to every last detail..."

Picture: Pac-Land and Pac-Maze in a split-screen comparison.
"Pic of the day: Here are the two Pac-Man stages side-by-side. Since there isn't a lot of music original to the Pac-Man series, I hope you enjoy listening to the large collection of Pac-Man's Park remixes that play on both stages."

Picture: Abraham Lincoln, with Mega Man laying on the ground in his prone position in front of him, and a Proto Man Assist Trophy standing in the background.
"Pic of the day. Abraham Lincoln joins the battle! Some of you may remember him appearing as a Mii at the E3 Conference. That was a hint to his reveal as a separate character. The former president fights using vampire hunting gear. Originally, we considered this moveset for a certain third-party guest in Brawl, but we had to remove that character when Snake joined. Regardless, I look forward to seeing you all enjoy playing as Mr. Lincoln."
Second picture reply: Lincoln exchanging gun shots with two Gunner Miis (Elijah Wood and Ice-T)
"Also, my apologies to fans of Elijah Wood and Ice-T. They will not be appearing in the game as separate characters. However, you can still enjoy the full extent of the Mii Fighters' features to play as them, if you wish."

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So playable Goku = taking project seriously? :troll:
I would make the usual statement that he was already programmed before that happened and thus is protected by grandfather clause, and that no more anime characters will be added, but I have a feeling you're just going to keep laughing because it's me that you're talking to. Which one are you? Kyuubit? Kittenpuncher? Kuro Kagami?

Or it could be just a random user making a joke and not one of the pieces of living evidence the mods of the MG forums aren't doing their jobs who followed me here.

I'm kind of paranoid.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would make the usual statement that he was already programmed before that happened and thus is protected by grandfather clause, and that no more anime characters will be added, but I have a feeling you're just going to keep laughing because it's me that you're talking to. Which one are you? Kyuubit? Kittenpuncher? Kuro Kagami?

Or it could be just a random user making a joke and not one of the pieces of living evidence the mods of the MG forums aren't doing their jobs who followed me here.

I'm kind of paranoid.
I'm joking.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm joking.
Yeah, when it comes to SSF2, I can't tell anymore.

It really says something that that fandom is even more horrendous than this one. :p

Picture: Abraham Lincoln, with Mega Man laying on the ground in his prone position in front of him, and a Proto Man Assist Trophy standing in the background.
"Pic of the day. Abraham Lincoln joins the battle! Some of you may remember him appearing as a Mii at the E3 Conference. That was a hint to his reveal as a separate character. The former president fights using vampire hunting gear. Originally, we considered this moveset for a certain third-party guest in Brawl, but we had to remove that character when Snake joined. Regardless, I look forward to seeing you all enjoy playing as Mr. Lincoln."
The funny part is, every Mii in the trailer was chosen due to being an actual character request Sakurai saw on Miiverse.

KnokaBrokaTowah

Smash Rookie
NNID
KnokaBrokaTowah
3DS FC
3265-5568-0536
Pic of the day: R.O.B. returns as a veteran fighter!

Pic of the day: Here's a new character/stage/anything, coming as DLC exclusively to season pass owners.

Pic of the day: This is the new Mute City stage, which means...Captain Falcon is now a stage hazard! He will work similarly to the Magma on the Norfair stage in the last game, falcon punching the center of the stage creating a giant shockwave that will instantly KO anyone that touches it, thus forcing players to hide in (insert something F-Zero related here).

...Okay come to think of it that last one is pretty cool, but wouldn't be worth not playing as Captain Falcon.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Pic of the Day: Due to fan demand, you can now use Mii's online! We also cut out all the other characters since we figured almost everyone would be playing their Mii's anyway! Revolutionary!

Pic of the Day: Unfortunately, you can only use the 2-minute Time Match mode in "With Anyone", guaranteeing victory to the player with the most KO moves and three times as many Sudden Deaths! Please play "With Friends" to use whatever mode you like.

Pic of the Day: Because of time restraints, we won't have an item switch this time around. However, to make up for this, we have the new exciting Platinum Hammer, which does even MORE damage than the golden hammer and lasts twice as long!

Pic of the Day: The Galactic Swordsmaster Metaknight returns in this reiteration of Smash! Our dev team found him too defenseless in the previous game, unlike Samus who has projectiles and is therefore the strongest character in the game, so we have made him much stronger and faster this time around! Please enjoy the new buffed Metaknight.

Pic of the Day: The mysterious Isaac joins the battle! He can manipulate his iconic psy-energy to do many interesting things! We feel he'll definitly make a big impact on the battlefield.
(FYI: He is an assist trophy. But please do enjoy playing as exciting newcomers such as Wii Fit Trainer, and our returning veteran, R.O.B.!)

Pic of the Day: Charmy the freaking Bee has entered the battl--okay, no. I'm just kidding, that would be downright cruel.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the Day: Back by popular demand, Coin Battle makes a return! Due to time restraints, we are replacing the Stock Battle feature to make room for more coin grabbing fun.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Pic of the day: This is one of Palutena's custom moves, Healing Lv. 4! She'll recover damage as long as you hold down the button.

(Am I the only one who actually wants R.O.B. back?...)

ybj

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0533-6639-8555
Pic of the day: We've just released a set of new alternate costumes for Smash 4, only available for purchase at EVO!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't see the problem with that.
Me and you both.

"Pic of the Day. I don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore. Have another Nintendog picture. It calms me down, at least."
(His existential crisis updates are kinda funny)

Laniv

Smash Champion
"Pic of the Day. Here's the Ice Climbers' trophy. Of course this means that they will not be playable. But in the meantime, Porky joins the battle!"

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Why do so many people hate R.O.B? He was one of the best newcomers!

Top Bottom