• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you would never want to see as a Pic of the Day.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Picture of the day: we decided to bring back yoshi's story from melee. The cloud circling around the stage is called Sally.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Pic of the day: Here's a new character: Mii. He has a unique customization mechanic that lets you put any move on your Mii. There are endless possibilities!

"PotD. The game is being delayed to 2016 so we can make Skull Kid, Starfy, Ashley and Mother Brain playable characters...
I'd be fine with that. :p

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pic of the Day. The Smash brothers Nintendo Direct has been cancelled. But here. Enjoy Luigi's nose!

D

Deleted member

Pic of the day: Here's a new character: Mii. He has a unique customization mechanic that lets you put any move on your Mii. There are endless possibilities!

I'd be fine with that. :p
"with C.Falcon's moveset and 1/8 of Ganondorf's new speed"

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Pic of the day: I recently tried out Super Smash Flash, and loved the art style. Therefore, the graphics of Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS are being changed to look exactly like Super Smash Flash's graphics.

"with C.Falcon's moveset and 1/8 of Ganondorf's new speed"
I'd still be fine with it. :p

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of the Day: We're not announcing any more newcomers until E3! Instead, here's a shot of KKR's shadow on the Gangplank Galleon stage! Hmm what could this mean?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
"Here we see Mario in his assist trophy form, when not fighting himself he can still appear to help you out!"

I guess it would be good news for current assist trophies, but it would be a bit of a head wrecker in terms of speculation.

D

Deleted member

Oh no, I want him as a newcomer. But not as a stage hazard.
So, you too, already took that as a deconfirmation? Not gonna pull the discussion here, but that was too vague to as clearly deconfirmation like some of the AT(Skull Kid, Waluigi, Ashley)
Anyway "PotD. Here we see Ridley in the Pyrosphere stage, as a boss and a boss only"

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
"Pic of the day! Here's the Wii Fit stage during its transformation phase!"

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the day. This is the Final Destination stage. It is only available in For Glory mode.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Pic of the day. Here's Zero Suit Samus, which transforms her into Zero Zero Suit Samus.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
So, you too, already took that as a deconfirmation? Not gonna pull the discussion here, but that was too vague to as clearly deconfirmation like some of the AT(Skull Kid, Waluigi, Ashley)
Anyway "PotD. Here we see Ridley in the Pyrosphere stage, as a boss and a boss only"
Noooo I didn't. Look at my sig. Ridley's still there, isn't he? :p

PotD: Jigglypuff, Squirtle and Ivysaur return as playable characters! These are the last playable characters we'll be seeing from Pokémon. If you really wanted to play as Mewtwo, click this link to Lucario's character page!

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Pic of the day: At long last, the Pyrosphere boss has revealed themselves to be...... Ridley!
That's right, it's all been waiting to come down to this. Ridley's too big to be playable, remember?

Pic of the day: Here we can see Megaman comboing into his uppercut from his sweep move, this is because we have given him the ability to cancel all of his attacks even faster than Capcom could cancel his games.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"Pic of the Day! The Polar Bear from Ice Climber makes an appearance as an enemy in Smash Run! However, the Ice Climbers will not be playable; the Polar Bear will just remind you that while attacking you!"

Me: :crying:

The Polar Bear actually seems to be in Smash Run though, and the other enemies are from a playable character's franchise. I hope this means Ice Climbers are returning.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Pif of the Day: Some legal issue have arisen with Capcom, and now Mega Man has been removed. He put his moveset into ROB 64 though, so you won't miss out!'

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Pic Of The Day: We made Zero Suit Samus look extra realistic, as if you could reach out and...
Deleted By Administrator.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
When an opponent attacks you it is possible to air dodge immediately after. This makes it so that you can strike back as soon as an opponent attacks!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I have sold my soul to the music industry, so Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus are playable! However, there will be no other playable characters.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Pic of the day:

After reading thousands of Miiverse posts, I decided to add Goku. Idiots rejoice! Don't ask how I was able to do this. Just know that it took up a lot of the game's budget. Say goodbye to the rest of the returning roster. Be sure to check out DBZ Kinect 2 coming soon.

On a serious note... the Wonder Red trophy was right in the feels. I don't think he technically deconfirmed him since he never stated that he isn't playable, but it's unlikely.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
On a serious note... the Wonder Red trophy was right in the feels. I don't think he technically deconfirmed him since he never stated that he isn't playable, but it's unlikely.

"So you're telling me there's a chance? dumb&dumber jpg.

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Pic of the day: Here we see Ike using his final smash, the Great Aether. We felt that the range of it was pretty lacking in brawl, so we decided to make the first wall of flame not stop, going across the entire field. Each of his hits in the air will send out waves too. And when he slams his opponent into the ground, twenty-six rockets fly out and seek targets! We're still not quite sure if he can hit enemies well enough though...

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Pic of the day. In order to clear up the confusion surrounding Marth's gender, we've included a naked costume for him to fight in so you can see for yourself.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Pic of the Day: Captain Falcon returns! His new neutral B he pulls of his pistol and shoots a laser. Also, his foward aerial was too powerful in Brawl so we toned it down.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Pic of the Day: This is the the invincibility leaf. Whenever a player is on their last stock or when there is only 1 minute left in a match, the losing player will automatically get this item. It's like the Starman items of the older Smash Brothers, the only difference is that it does not wear off until the player who has it self destructs. Everybody now has a chance to win!

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
"Pic of the day: Reggie Fils-a-Mech joins the battle! He's very powerful but after 5 minutes his batteries run out and he can't move again until he is KO'd. I hope you all enjoy this unique character!"

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Pic of the Day: With requests of him so much, we want to let you know that Shrek takes orge. Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the Day: Here's a brand new stage, Gangplank Galleon. And to celebrate the occasion, here's King K. Rool!!! Making his very first appearance in Smash Bros....

Extra Pic in comments: as a stage boss! We were going to give him extra special treatment by making him an Assist Trophy, but Rare wouldn't let us. And we all know that he's just too big to be a character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into battle.

Following day: Pic of the Day: Here's a brand new challenger, the Scarab from Halo. Every step he takes is an OHKO and he takes up half of the roster. We've also made the Wii U version now exclusively for the Xbox One, and the 3DS version exclusively for the PS Vita to be made by Activision. The new products for the 3DS and Wii U are Chibi Robo U and New Super Mario Bros. 2.5. Please understand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PotD. Here is Wonder-Red, he isn't just a trophy.
Extra Pic: He has 2 trophies!
Extra comment: Reminder he isn't playable

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Pic of the Day: Here's a close-up of Peach's crown! Just look at all of the jewels...pretty.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
What's so bad about celebrating Nintendo's history on a game that's designed to celebrate Nintendo's history?
If they don't have garbage load times then I think everything would be fine but as they were in Brawl it wasn't worth a minute long load time to play half a level of Donkey kong.

Though I'm all for them if they fix that issue.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You say "celebrate Nintendo's history," I say "***** out Nintendo's new Virtual Console and take up a crap tone of disc space."

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.
Well, it's not like masterpieces took a lot of time to put in the game

Does it matter how much disc space it takes up? unless you get the digital version I guess

But if you buy the physical copy, it's not like they were going to put anything else in its place

Top Bottom