• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you would never want to see as a Pic of the Day.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
"Pic of the Day. I've noticed that a lot of people have been uploading footage of gameplay from previous installments onto YouTube. Therefore, I'm cancelling the game, so nobody can spoil it for others. So, here's a final image of the roster completed before I shut down this website. As you see, King K. Rool, Ridley, Palutena, Pac-Man, Mewtwo and other fan favorites all appear, and there was supposed to be no cuts. Please understand."

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've got a few
Pic of the day: As sympathy for being sent Sardines, Lucahjin joins the battle.
Pic of the day: Fun time deh ya, time for di bus rida! Sunshine deh ya, time for di bus rida!

Pic of the day. Due to high demand, Shadow joins the battle!!
I would actually like that to happen.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Pic of the day: Challenger approaching! Reggie gets his body ready for his Smash debut! Every attack does 75% damage and is an instant knockout. Also, to save disk space, we had to cut Ridley, Roy, Mewtwo, Ness, Captain Falcon, and Yoshi to include him. Please understand.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Pic of the day: Here's a picture of (Insert veteran character here)! Many will recognize him from (64 / Melee / Brawl). Every character not returning as a playable character will be an Assist Trophy! What other old characters will appear to help out?

And then I get a heart attack whenever a new veteran shows up in the pic of the day because my internet's slow and the characters below haven't loaded so I can't yet see if they're an Assist Trophy until it does.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Pic of the day: Here's a picture of (Insert veteran character here)! Many will recognize him from (64 / Melee / Brawl). Every character not returning as a playable character will be an Assist Trophy! What other old characters will appear to help out?

And then I get a heart attack whenever a new veteran shows up in the pic of the day because my internet's slow and the characters below haven't loaded so I can't yet see if they're an Assist Trophy until it does.
:yoshi2:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
What are you even saying? I just don't get why people think she deserves to be in the game. She is even less important than Rosalina. If it were about the fans then Geno would've been in Brawl.
she has been in all 3 kid icarus games.

kylexv

Smash Master
Tuesday:
Pic of the Day: Today marks the 200th Pic of the Day! Without further ado, I would like to introduce Mario as he adjusts his nose. Hope you enjoy

EDIT: Whoops. The 200th Pic is actually Tuesday.

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Tommorow:
Pic of the Day: Today marks the 200th Pic of the Day! Without further ado, I would like to introduce Mario as he adjusts his nose. Hope you enjoy
Is tomorrow actually the 200th pic? If so...
Pic of the Day: Today we would like to show you the customizable feature in both games. Stickers make a return in Smash 4. They do absolutely nothing to your character other than visual changes, for example, here's a Smash symbol sticker on Mario's nose. Please understand, Smash is for chumps.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Pic of the day. I know Link is overpowered in all the smash games, so we had to nerf him even more!

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of the day. I know Link is overpowered in all the smash games, so we had to nerf him even more!
Pic of the Day: We understand that Captain Falcon's "Falcon Punch" was extremely OP in Brawl, so we've taken it out and replaced it with a sword slash. Ganondorf's moveset will not change. Please understand.

(this reminds me of the first time I played as Falcon in Brawl: "his falcon punch isn't as powerful as it used to be?!")

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Pic of th day. Since Palutena was leaked, she is now being cut from the final roster. Pleaze understand.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
****ing character sleeping. We got like four of those anyway.
It's OK if they're pretty tho~

"Pic of the Day. Here is a picture of myself, going on a joy ride with all of the hot female characters. As you can see, Rosalina is my bottom *****. Please understand."

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Pic of the day. The four Ghosts of Pacman are now assist trophies they all have different targets, wonder how close their enemy is right about now.

Pic of the day. After an interessting meeting with Microsoft we have great news, Master Chief blast his ways into Super Smash Bros 4 (Not Banjo).

Pic of the day. Here you can see a mushroom forest warrior, you have all asked for him for a long time. Now he is here. Welcome the lost Puppet Geno. Our new Assist Trophy !!!

Pic of the day. To celebrate the annivarsary of Miiverse I will now welcome the Mii's to the battle. Happy Birthday Miiverse our logical source of showing pics of the day.

Pic of the day. Here is a picture of Balloon Fighter and Tingle. Both love balloons, but only one of them are a playable. (FYI it's Tingle)

Pic of the Day. Because of the time spent working on this game, Pikachu has "Evolved" into Raichu and will replace the original Pikachu. In the true spirit of Pokémon.

Pic of the day. We now show of some of the costumes for the characters, and in that event I will now show you the "Ice Climber" Popo and Nana is two different costumes.

Pic of the day. Now with Ness and Lucas already here, I proudly present you the newest inclusion of playable character, Ninten joins the battle.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pic of The Day: Ghirahim is now a playable character and Ridley, Shulk, and Wonder Red and K Rool will now only be trophies.
If Sakurai ever posts something like that I'm getting PS Battle Royale. Not even kidding.
Not exactly a good threat when you'll probably still end up playing the new Smash. lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not exactly a huge threat when PS All-Stars is a fine game in it's own right. Heck, I like it about as much as Melee due to the fact it has an online mode. Say what you want about the competitive-smetitive scene, that online was really fun and addicting and not having to deal with friend codes or anything made finding people to play with so easy. Seeing how the online scene was in PS All-Stars is the main reason I'm pumped for Smash 4's online.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
It's not exactly a huge threat when PS All-Stars is a fine game in it's own right. Heck, I like it about as much as Melee due to the fact it has an online mode. Say what you want about the competitive-smetitive scene, that online was really fun and addicting and not having to deal with friend codes or anything made finding people to play with so easy. Seeing how the online scene was in PS All-Stars is the main reason I'm pumped for Smash 4's online.
I'm just wondering was there any lag for that online mode? It has 4 player online, I'd assume, which would be similar to what SSB4 will have.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm just wondering was there any lag for that online mode? It has 4 player online, I'd assume, which would be similar to what SSB4 will have.
At first, it was a bit all over the place, but they promptly patched it and the online was so much better after that.

However, when you did get lag, it didn't simply slow the game down or delay inputs. All sorts of crazy glitches could happen.

Overall, the online was fine though. My internet connection isn't even very good, and it still held up pretty well, and I heard even better reports from people with good connections.

It should also be noted that PS-All Stars had a relatively low budget and was developed by Superbot Entertainment, a development studio set up by Sony specifically for the game (they have since become independent and are working on new IPs now). Smash Bros is being developed by Bandai Namco, a development studio that's been around for years and has provided many online experiences that function just fine. Smash will also have a fairly big budget too, I'm sure.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of The Day: Ghirahim is now a playable character and Ridley, Shulk, and Wonder Red and K Rool will now only be trophies.
I can live with Ghirahim in SSB (but substituting those four for him is a stretch)...but...

Pic of the day. Here is a picture of Balloon Fighter and Tingle. Both love balloons, but only one of them are a playable. (FYI it's Tingle)
Kill me now.

Pic of the Day: New character approaching: Tingle joins the battle! Here he can be seen on the Tingle Island Stage. His two brothers are working hard to turn the head. Knuckle, on the other hand, is dancing in the middle of the Tingle Statues summoning Rupees to rain down from the sky.

Bonus Pic: The tornado that picks everyone up from the sea is now black and once in the air, Ghirahim performs a one-hit KO on someone. Please understand, Ghirahim is too flamboyant for SSB4.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of the Day: Due to sheer popularity on Miiverse, Goku!

Bonus Pic: Replaces every character on the roster except Giant Jigglypuff and Ganondorf! Please understand, we had to add some "originality" to the game.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Pic of the day: Ridley joins the Battle

not personal hate, he just doesn't work for Smash

D

Deleted member

Pic of the Day. Behold the power of the Monado! It appears as a brand new item in Smash! Since the Monado has a blue and glowing beam, this means that there are no more Beam Swords.

That would literally crush my dreams...

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of the Day: Ganondorf joins the battle! I've also decided to reveal the Sword of the Sages item. When held, the Sages will appear and attack your opponent!

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
Pics of the day: more Mario representatives join the battle!
Paper Mario joins the battle!
Paper Luigi joins the battle!
Paper Bowser joins the battle!
Paper Peach joins the battle!
Paper Baby Mario joins the battle!
Paper Baby Luigi joins the battle!
Paper Baby Bowser joins the battle!
Paper Baby Peach joins the battle!
Paper Metal Baby Mario joins the battle!

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is now a stage hazard in the Biosphere. Also, due to high demands over the years, Meta Ridley is now playable! -Meta Ridley photo with Biosphere Ridley here-

And all the Smash fans cried themselves to sleep that night.

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
Pic of the day: Because of Miiverse. I decided to release the game next week. Here's the debug stage that we never finished programming, along with the Ridley model that was never finished, so I hope you enjoy playing as headless Ridley!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Pic of the day: Here's a familiar face coming out of a Pokéball, Charizard looks great in HD and functions the same like in Melee(this means Charizard isn't playable.)

Top Bottom