• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you would never want to see as a Pic of the Day.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Pic of the Day: Here's Sonic spinning in a ball. Which move is this? I dunno, any of them since we didn't change his moveset at all.
Pic of the Day: Introducing the newcomer, Pacman. Even though Namco doesn't give us any games, we still had to put this washed out character since they're helping with our game and even though they have better characters to choose from, we can only get this one for nostalgia factors.
Pic of the Day: Here's Palutena as an Assist Trophy, meaning she's not playable. You already have Magnus anyways.
Pic of the Day: Introducing the newcomer, Mii. Because these guys are TOTALLY iconic Nintendo characters... Try not to make **** faces and stuff, okay guys?
Pic of the Day: Introducing the veteran, Shiek, returning as Zelda's Down Special.
Pic of the Day: Here's Diddy's Down Special which only throws a stupid banana around an- Oh wait. That kinda already happened...

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Pic of the Day: Sorry, we just got bought out by Rovio. RED JOINS THE BATTLE
Pic of the Day: Sorry, Microsoft just bought out SSB and is turning it into a Kinect game. Please understand that Banjo-Kazooie still won't be in the game, but characters from Grabbed by the Ghoulies will.
Pic of the Day: Sorry, Disney bought us out and is now relicensing the game with a Cars 2-skin.
Pic of the Day: We regret to inform you that Sakurai tripped on a banana peel and will be in serious medical care until 2015.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pic of the Day: Here's Sonic spinning in a ball. Which move is this? I dunno, any of them since we didn't change his moveset at all.
Pic of the Day: Introducing the newcomer, Pacman. Even though Namco doesn't give us any games, we still had to put this washed out character since they're helping with our game and even though they have better characters to choose from, we can only get this one for nostalgia factors.
Pic of the Day: Here's Palutena as an Assist Trophy, meaning she's not playable. You already have Magnus anyways.
Pic of the Day: Introducing the newcomer, Mii. Because these guys are TOTALLY iconic Nintendo characters... Try not to make **** faces and stuff, okay guys?
Pic of the Day: Introducing the veteran, Shiek, returning as Zelda's Down Special.
Pic of the Day: Here's Diddy's Down Special which only throws a stupid banana around an- Oh wait. That kinda already happened...
The Miis ARE iconic Nintendo characterrs.
Diddy's Down Special is fine.
Although I do agree with you, I want Sheik cut.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
And this is bad how?
Haha it's not. Just a joke cuz I know everyone loves Shiek. A personal gripe of mine since I only use Zelda though.

The Miis ARE iconic Nintendo characterrs.
Diddy's Down Special is fine.
Although I do agree with you, I want Sheik cut.
Yeah okay maybe the Iconic part was more of an opinion but I still stand by the **** faces argument. It won't look pretty....
And no, Diddy's Down Special is atrocious! Not that tripping bothered me, but what kind of a Special attack is lazily flinging a banana around like an asshole?! It sucks...

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Pic of the day. Heres a picture of Ridley and King K Rool. Are they fighters? Who knows, because the website is down until further notice.

Pic of the day. Because I wanted a 4th princess for my Princess Battle party, Daisy joins the battle! She has flower power!

Pic of the day. Me, Reggie, or Miis? Comment your favorite down below and the most popular will get their own character!

Pic of the day. Goombario joins the battle! He can do... something... im sure. Paper Mario would be a unoriginal clone. Please understand.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
To balance the game, we've removed all attacks and players must negotiate with opponents to reach an agreement peacefully. Please understand.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pic of the Day: Sorry, Disney bought us out and is now relicensing the game with a Cars 2-skin.
This one is the epitome of evil.

Pic of the day. Ridley swoops in to attack on the Pyrosphere. meaning he's not playable. Some characters will just never make it in. No matter how hard the fans... whoops... I mean.... No matter how hard the character tries.... yea....

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Pic of the Day : We're now taking suggestions from Miiverse for newcomers!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Pic of the day: Here's King K. Rool and he's an assist trophy because we don't use this underated villain in games no more! That's my nightmare...

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Pic of the Day: We regret to inform you that Sakurai tripped on a banana peel and will be in serious medical care until 2015.
Lol, although random tripping mechanic is gone, karma for Sakurai for still implementing forced tripping mechanic.

In 2015... "Pic of the day: Diddy's banana peel is gone! YOU HAPPY NOW?! **** monkey..."

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pretty much 70% of the PoTDs have been that title.

I don't see anything wrong with that, I just can't get used to button-jump.
It'd be a shame if a pic of the day disconfirmed tap jump :troll:

Yea. Not a lot of people use tap jump that I know of. It'd upset a lot of people if that was the only way to jump.

Pic of the day. Pressing L R or ZL or ZR after an arial as you hit the ground INCREASES the ending lag by 500%. We added this to help novice players take on the pros who are prone to L-cancel.

Pic of the day. The music in this game is fantastic! Too bad you can't hear it through the pic of the day!
Pic of the day. The animations are so fluid! It's a shame you can't see them in this pic.
Pic of the day. When I was young, I had a fear of vampires.
Pic of the day. A lot of you have complained about Super Smash Bros. featuring two Links yet again. Your voices have not gone unheard, so I have removed Link from the game.
Pic of the day. At last, Samus's greatest adversary joins the battle... Dark Samus! By the by, who is this "Rigley" I so oft hear about, and why is he so big?
Pic of the day. You remind me of the babe! (I have just watched Labyrinth for the first time.)
Pic of the day. Where am I? No, really! The entire floor is barren of workers. Did I come in on a holiday?
Pic of the day: Fair warning for you all; I would rather cancel this game than have it tarnished with delays like SmaBura X.
Pic of the day. In this iteration, you only slip if you press the control stick too much.
Pic of the day. Put your mouth on the curb! (I have just watched American History X for the first time.)
Pic of the day. I'm updating Miiverse from my phone, because I'm stuck in the elevator!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Pic of the day revealing wanted character isn't in or unwanted character is in is so dull. Here's a semi-believable one that would actually break my heart just about more than anything else I can imagine, being totally real here:

Pic of the day. Mr. Game & Watch deploys his parachute! This is once again his neutral aerial like in Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Pic of the day. Bowser Jr. joins the assist trophy collection!! This means he is not playable. 6 Mario reps? Ha, funny. Dream on...
All jokes aside, this will most likely be true. 6 Mario reps is too much, and Bowser Jr. may very well be an assist since he is a major recurring character in the Mario series.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Pic of the day: Ness joins the battle! However, since he was quite strong in previous smashes, most of his attacks are weaker now!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Pic of the Day: Due to a leak, Palutena will not be a playable character anymore. Because you can't have nice things.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Pic of the day. Here's Baby Mario crying. It seems he's missing someone.

D

Deleted member

Pic of the Day. We got the rights from Microsoft to use Banjo-Kazooie! Get ready for the bear and the bird to collect themselves into battle!

(FYI, they are an Assist Trophy)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Pic of the Day: Now when you obtain the Smash Ball there's a chance it will be a dud. I hope this pleases those of you who wanted balanced Final Smashes.

Pic of the Day: Yoshi joins the battle. Wait! That's not Yoshi! That's Plessie! Due to the popularity of 3D World we decided to replace the veteran Yoshi with the newest dinosaur. Toad however, still will just be a ****ty neutral B move. Please understand.

Ones that actually happened:

Pic of the Day: You were expecting Yoshi today? Too bad. Here's a boring picture of Wii Fit Trainer and Villager standing around a new 3DS stage we're hardly showing you. Thanks for waiting for two hours for this.

Pic of the Day: Pokemon X and Y came out today. Here's a picture of Wii Fit Trainer's ass instead of a much anticipated Pokemon Veteran.

Sakurai, eh?

D

Deleted member

Pic of the Day. Unfortunately, due to his immense size, we couldn't make Ridley a playable character. I hope you enjoy him in all of his glory in the Pyrosphere!
*later*
Pic of the Day. Andross joins the battle! His massive size is sure to be a force to be reckoned with!

Dairz

Smash Ace
Pic of the day. Yoshi is no longer a playable character. But don't worry Yoshi fans, Mario now transforms into Yoshi for his final smash. We know how much Yoshi's moveset was liked, so we made sure not to change it.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the day: Due to a large popular vote by the development staff, we have decided that players will not have the ability to turn off items and they will default to high spawn rate! Have fun with those items!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Pic of the day: Isaac returns as an assist trophy! This time he can use move to save you if you are knocked off the stage!
This is literally the dream I had last night. *shudders*

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
Pic of the day. Here is our only Metroid newcomer: Anthony Higgs.
Pic of the Day: You were expecting Yoshi today? Too bad. Here's a boring picture of Wii Fit Trainer and Villager standing around a new 3DS stage we're hardly showing you. Thanks for waiting for two hours for this.
Yoshi will be revelad soon. Just wait a bit. He's not going anywhere.:)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pic of the day: Due to a large popular vote by the development staff, we have decided that players will not have the ability to turn off items and they will default to high spawn rate! Have fun with those items!
*Nods* OK, I will.

Pékaßlu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0147-0376-7641
Pic of the day. Because of all the negative feedback lucario has been replaced by two mews:151::151: :troll:

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Pic of the day. Simon Belmont, one of the heroes of castlevania, joins the battle!

^..This one..
Pic of the day. Here is the roster so far, by the way, I'm learning to read English so that I can see what the fans of that language would like to say.
The intelligence of English miiverse would probably give him a heart attack

Top Bottom