• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things You Wish More People Knew About Your Favorite Smash Characters

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Have you ever sat down and thought "man I wish more people knew that this and that happened to my favorite character"? Or you just wish that people had more knowledge about your favorite characters in general? Well, if you have, share some information let's us. Tell us about the most smallest pieces of trivia. Tell us about your character's favorite food, what they like to do in their freetime, if that has ever been explored in a game. Let's get educated!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, I wish more people knew about Lucas and the tragic life that he lived. I mean really, for just a boy, he witnessed some really heartbreaking and traumatic moments in his youth, but I feel like the majority of people's knowledge about him is that he's just a crybaby (which is true) from Subspace and that he screams "PK FIRE". But there is so much more to be explored with Lucas, so much depth to his character that Shigesato Itoi crafted so perfectly in Mother 3, even though he is a silent protagonist most of the game.

That's Lucas jumping off a cliff in an attempt to reunite with his dead mother. This is what I'm talking about when I say tragic. But Lucas' story isn't completely depressing, there's a lot of humor and charm that also comes with Mother 3. Thankfully, Sakurai was able to capture Mother 3's silly side with some of Lucas' move, an aspect of Smash that I really appreciate. For example, you know Lucas' entrance animation? He's riding on a Mr. Saturn Coffee Table. A friggin' coffee table with moveable legs that stomp like a horse.

Or what about that one time in Mother 3 where Lucas and the gang get oxygen from a merman in a very humorous and... odd scene:

The story of Lucas is hardly known not just because Mother is an obscure series, but also because Mother 3 was never released outside of Japan. However, I highly recommend this RPG to anyone. It has a nature vs. technology theme and blends many different personality and motives together into a well-put story that will have you laughing and bawling your eyes out (seriously, if you don't feel anything at the end of the game, you have no heart!). This is the first and only game that actually made me cry, and it's characters and world will forever hold a place in my heart. I understand that to a lot of people Lucas is just another character in Smash, but to me, he means much more, and I will be forever greatful to Sakurai for including him in Smash.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Seems a bit hard to follow up on XD You gave tons of examples and clips...not to mention a lot of heart. I think the older I get, the harder it is to convey similar feelings about beloved fictional characters. That doesn't mean I do not cherish some of the smash roster and find plenty of them under loved or under appreciated. One character that comes to mind, not because i think people need to know something particular about her, but simply have more info on her in general is Palutena, and I guess that goes for the whole Kid Icarus franchise, as I played the original on gameboy WAYyyyyy back in the day and that game didn't really tell you jack **** XD Even Uprising did not add MUCH to the lore, and I simply want more love tossed their way in general. I have a long history maining the princesses like Zelda and Peach, BUT I did not play Sm4sh much, as I got rid of my WiiU shortly after the game came out, BUT I think I am gonna give Palutena a really good go in ultimate. Hopefully I click with her well.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:ultdaisy:

That she is, in fact, not :ultpeach:

Arthur97

Smash Master
That Lucina wasn't just female Marth.

Bonus: that some characters have canon love interests like Marth.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not my favorite character, but I wish more people knew about :ultdarkpit:'s character in Uprising. He's actually supposed to be an affectionate parody of dark doppelganger characters. In reality, he's just as big of a dork as Pit.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I do wish more people knew that Diddy's girlfriend Dixie is fully capable of doing many things of her own caliber instead of thinking she would be an echo of him, her ponytail alone has potential to make her a unique character.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do wish more people knew that Diddy's girlfriend Dixie is fully capable of doing many things of her own caliber instead of thinking she would be an echo of him her ponytail alone has potential to make her a unique character.
:ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultrichter:

You mean like them?

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
:ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultrichter:

You mean like them?
Okay I understand they can be unique too(especially Dark Samus who was more unique as an assist trophy) but Dixie has never been exactly like Diddy as far as abilities besides I was trying to think of something that relates to the topic that I feel about it.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
I wish people knew literally anything about Bayonetta outside of Smash. Her games are so good, her Smash cameo is so accurate to the games, if she was put in Smash more carefully I think she could easily be the coolest inclusion. She's such a bad witch but most people hate on her because she's OP.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Sometimes spamming projectiles is all us Samus mains can do. In spite of Samus' ability to fight, as demonstrated both in (Metroid: Other M) and out (Zero Suit Samus) of canon, she's forced to rely on projectiles. If for whatever reason you're not pleased with how Samus plays, feel free to request better CQC for her.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes spamming projectiles is all us Samus mains can do. In spite of Samus' ability to fight, as demonstrated both in (Metroid: Other M) and out (Zero Suit Samus) of canon, she's forced to rely on projectiles. If for whatever reason you're not pleased with how Samus plays, feel free to request better CQC for her.
I never understand people complaining about projectile moves anyway. Most of the characters that use them RELY on them in their game. I mean, the star fox crew has guns....OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO USE THEM. Samus is ALL ABOUT explosives and projectiles. Learn how to play against them. All there is to it.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I never understand people complaining about projectile moves anyway. Most of the characters that use them RELY on them in their game. I mean, the star fox crew has guns....OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO USE THEM. Samus is ALL ABOUT explosives and projectiles. Learn how to play against them. All there is to it.
Yep, but it'd be nice for better CQC. Still, I try my best to work with jab 1 and f-tilt.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm not going to get into how they function in Smash, but more how people who probably don't play their source material and have only seen them in Smash see them.

:ultbowser:- He actually has a pretty fun personality and isn't just a roaring monster
:ultmario::ultlink: - These characters are actually very kind hearted and don't get exasperated when they have to do anything, and are certainly not heroes just because they thing it gets them laid.
:ultluigi: - He and his brother actually love each other a lot and have a good sibling relationship. No jealousy or animosity at all between them.
:ultlittlemac: - Despite how stern and serious he looks in Smash, Mac is actually a complely excitable marshmallow, especially when he wins
:ultsonic: - He's actually a worthwhile character despite how the internet and even his own social media accounts paint him as a dumb meme
:ultsnake: - He's not a generic war glorifying gun crazed american FPS protagonist ( not sure if this is common but i had a friend that wrote him like a joke in her Smash Bros fan comics. )
:ultpit: He used to be a cute little cherub before Sakurai rebooted him.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
:ultlink: I love Ultimate Link, and I think he's the best version of Link we've gotten in a Smash game in terms of representation. Of course, people will see this Link and wish they got their old left-handed Twilight Princess Link back, but this Link has a lot more character than the previous one, and you can clearly see it in his idle animation and expressions despite him being a silent protagonist. What makes him even cooler, though, is that there's a reason why he doesn't talk, and he tells Zelda that very reason in Breath of the Wild.

"Bit by bit, I've gotten Link to open up to me. It turns out he's quite a glutton. He can't resist a delicious meal! When I finally got around to asking why he's so quiet all the time, I could tell it was difficult for him to say. But he did. With so much at stake, and so many eyes upon him, he feels it necessary to stay strong and to silently bear any burden. A feeling I know all too well... For him, it has caused him to stop outwardly expressing his thoughts and feelings. I always believed him to be simply a gifted person who had never faced a day of hardship. How wrong I was... Everyone has struggles that go unseen by the world... I was so absorbed with my own problems, I failed to see his. I wish to talk with him more and to see what lies beneath those calm waters, to hear him speak freely and openly... And perhaps I, too, will be able to bare my soul to him and share the demons that have plagued me all these years."

He's still the strong, silent type, but he has that extra layer to him that makes him stand out from all the previous iterations.

Also, this is the strongest Link in Smash not just because of his overall damage output and range, but because in the game he comes from, he is appointed to be Zelda's knight, and for a very good reason.

"I'm a Champion now. Feels good. I hadn't talked with Link in a while, so seeing him at the inauguration ceremony was nice. It was a good day. Oh, word has it Link has been chosen as Zelda's appointed knight. I can't think of a better brother for the job. I hear one of those ancient machine things went nuts during some test and shot out deadly beams! With true Goron spirit, Link grabbed a pot lid from the ground and deflected the blast. He nailed the thing in its weak spot and saved the day. His bravery caught the king's eye, and not long after that, he was appointed to guard Zelda! I'd expect nothin' less from the little guy!"

Of course, Link has defeated a lot of powerful monsters in the game, but this is perhaps the greatest feat of strength we've ever seen of any Link.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
:ultkrool: - Definitely him. His haters go on and on about him being a "Bowser knock-off" yet that's so FAR from the case. I'd argue in K.Rool's hayday he definitely had more personality and flare than Bowser ever did until Sunshine where I felt they really started giving Bowser more character/personality. King K.Rool learned from his mistakes after each game not to mention had a gimmick of donning different costumes every appearance. He stole the banana hoard in DKC to starve the Kong family to death and occupy their treehouse. He was a pirate simply looking for a home. Then in DKC2 when he is defeated by DK he says "screw the banana hoard I just want good old revenge" he kidnaps DK and then near the end of the game he proceeds to torture a tied up DK by pistol whipping him and shooting cannonballs at him. Then when you get to the 2nd phase of the fight K.Rool is PISSED and just releases a barrage of ammo on the Kongs. Once he's defeated in DKC2, he escapes to the Northern Kremisphere and dons a Scientist motif he kidnaps DK and Diddy and uses them to power his robot machine "Kaos" to get back at Dixie Kong for defeating him in the last game. Finally we get to DK64 where the guy gets so consumed by revenge that it drives him to the brink of insanity where he says screw it, I'm just going to blow up DK Island and I don't care who gets hurt in the process.

K.Rool is humorous but also very cunning and well cruel. He treats his minions/Kremling Army like complete garbage. He locked K.Lumsy in a cage in DK64 because he wouldn't smash DK Island like he ordered, all the bosses of DK64 fear K.Rool because they know the beating the Kongs give them will be nothing compared to what K.Rool has in store for their failures. In DKC2 we find out Klubba hates K.Rool that's why he helps Diddy/Dixie on their adventure to destroy K.Rool because he treats them badly. In DKC3 K.Rool performed genetic mutations on his Kremling Army (to fit the mad scientist thing), in DK64 he feeds a Kasplat to a giant Klaptrap because he called him Fatso and tells the Kritters working on the Blast-O-Matic to fire the laser before it's fully complete knowing damn well it could kill everyone in the process because he's worried of failing due to the Kong's progress. But like I said he can be very humorous his entire boss battle in DK64 is a looney-tunes esque battle. K.Rool running and slipping on banana peels, having lights drop on his head, his toes being tickled so he falls on his ass in comical fashion. While losing the battle constantly chanting "Yeah Thank You!" to the crowd. Looking towards the camera in DKC when you jump on his head, in DKC2 when you throw a cannonball in his blunderbuss and it blows up in his face and he's covered in black ash and blinks to the camera in classic Looney-Tunes/Tom & Jerry fashion. Or even the Scooby-Doo reference/joke he makes in DKC3.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
What :ultrobin:'s "Time to tip the scales" catchphrase really means.

I've seen some people use it incorrectly, like people using it as some meaningless catchphrase.

All it means is to tip the scales in your favor. It's as Morgan puts it in one of their critical-hit quote—to even the odds.

So really, you should only use "Time to tip the scales" when you're about to make a comeback or something.

Arthur97

Smash Master
:ultlink: I love Ultimate Link, and I think he's the best version of Link we've gotten in a Smash game in terms of representation. Of course, people will see this Link and wish they got their old left-handed Twilight Princess Link back, but this Link has a lot more character than the previous one, and you can clearly see it in his idle animation and expressions despite him being a silent protagonist. What makes him even cooler, though, is that there's a reason why he doesn't talk, and he tells Zelda that very reason in Breath of the Wild.

"Bit by bit, I've gotten Link to open up to me. It turns out he's quite a glutton. He can't resist a delicious meal! When I finally got around to asking why he's so quiet all the time, I could tell it was difficult for him to say. But he did. With so much at stake, and so many eyes upon him, he feels it necessary to stay strong and to silently bear any burden. A feeling I know all too well... For him, it has caused him to stop outwardly expressing his thoughts and feelings. I always believed him to be simply a gifted person who had never faced a day of hardship. How wrong I was... Everyone has struggles that go unseen by the world... I was so absorbed with my own problems, I failed to see his. I wish to talk with him more and to see what lies beneath those calm waters, to hear him speak freely and openly... And perhaps I, too, will be able to bare my soul to him and share the demons that have plagued me all these years."

He's still the strong, silent type, but he has that extra layer to him that makes him stand out from all the previous iterations.

Also, this is the strongest Link in Smash not just because of his overall damage output and range, but because in the game he comes from, he is appointed to be Zelda's knight, and for a very good reason.

"I'm a Champion now. Feels good. I hadn't talked with Link in a while, so seeing him at the inauguration ceremony was nice. It was a good day. Oh, word has it Link has been chosen as Zelda's appointed knight. I can't think of a better brother for the job. I hear one of those ancient machine things went nuts during some test and shot out deadly beams! With true Goron spirit, Link grabbed a pot lid from the ground and deflected the blast. He nailed the thing in its weak spot and saved the day. His bravery caught the king's eye, and not long after that, he was appointed to guard Zelda! I'd expect nothin' less from the little guy!"

Of course, Link has defeated a lot of powerful monsters in the game, but this is perhaps the greatest feat of strength we've ever seen of any Link.
Eh, I don't know about strongest. As far as combat goes, that probably goes to TP Link.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:ultike: is heavily misunderstood because literally nobody seems to have played his games, which is a shame.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Eh, I don't know about strongest. As far as combat goes, that probably goes to TP Link.
TP Link grew up on a farm and has to find the hidden skills to learn how to use his sword and shield to maximum potential in combat. His feats of strength have been sumo wrestling Goron and the mini boss from Goron mines... But only with iron boots on. BoTW Link doesn't need iron boots to shield parry attacks from all enemies, even from a charging Lynel. He also grew up as a Knight, having been trained even at 4 years of age. Where TP Link's combat feels clunky, BoTW Link's combat feels smooth since he can shield parry, dodge attacks and counter with a flurry rush (even when using two-handed weapons), and can slow down time when he aims with a Bow in the air, overall making him much more versatile and stronger in combat than TP Link.

:ultike: is heavily misunderstood because literally nobody seems to have played his games, which is a shame.
I feel the same can be said for :ultmarth:, especially considering this is the first Smash game featuring his English dub. Very little have played Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (AKA Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light on the original Famicom), which is his first appearance as well as the first Fire Emblem game in the series, and few have heard his English dub in recent Fire Emblem games or even in S.T.E.A.M.

D

Deleted member

:ultshulk:- His character is actually very interesting and complex and doesn't all revolve around dumb memes

Arthur97

Smash Master
TP Link grew up on a farm and has to find the hidden skills to learn how to use his sword and shield to maximum potential in combat. His feats of strength have been sumo wrestling Goron and the mini boss from Goron mines... But only with iron boots on. BoTW Link doesn't need iron boots to shield parry attacks from all enemies, even from a charging Lynel. He also grew up as a Knight, having been trained even at 4 years of age. Where TP Link's combat feels clunky, BoTW Link's combat feels smooth since he can shield parry, dodge attacks and counter with a flurry rush (even when using two-handed weapons), and can slow down time when he aims with a Bow in the air, overall making him much more versatile and stronger in combat than TP Link.

I feel the same can be said for :ultmarth:, especially considering this is the first Smash game featuring his English dub. Very little have played Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (AKA Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light on the original Famicom), which is his first appearance as well as the first Fire Emblem game in the series, and few have heard his English dub in recent Fire Emblem games or even in S.T.E.A.M.
BotW Link's combat is the same few attacks over and over while TP Link has the most varied combat of them all. Being good at shielding doesn't make him the best.

D

Deleted member

BotW Link's combat is the same few attacks over and over while TP Link has the most varied combat of them all. Being good at shielding doesn't make him the best.
uh I'm pretty sure Revali's Gale itself would make BotW Link broken if he was fighting TP Link

just slow down time and arrow the **** outta his ****, plus the crazy power boosts BotW Link can get from his armor is mad wack.

Arthur97

Smash Master
uh I'm pretty sure Revali's Gale itself would make BotW Link broken if he was fighting TP Link

just slow down time and arrow the **** outta his ****, plus the crazy power boosts BotW Link can get from his armor is mad wack.
TP Link can become invincible as long as he has his copious amounts of Ruppees that game provides him. Besides, he generally has more tools at his disposal if we're going into armament. And he doesn't actually slow down time.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Mr. Game & Watch in Melee cannot jump onto the lower platforms on Dreamland 64 with a single jump, but if he uses Nair at the apex of his jump he will land on the platform

D

Deleted member

TP Link can become invincible as long as he has his copious amounts of Ruppees that game provides him. Besides, he generally has more tools at his disposal if we're going into armament. And he doesn't actually slow down time.
TP Link loses rupees whenever hes hit and like 5 per second iirc and makes him useless when they run out, anx can hold a max of 99999 rupees in TPHD with Coloususs Wallet or w/e it's called

So stasis+ combined with time slow/heightened reflexes plus being able to consume stamina potions mid-time slow +999 arrows of 5 different kinds means BotW Link should be able to easily stall TP Link out of the Magic Armor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthur97

Smash Master
TP Link loses rupees whenever hes hit and like 5 per second iirc and makes him useless when they run out, anx can hold a max of 99999 rupees in TPHD with Coloususs Wallet or w/e it's called

So stasis+ combined with time slow/heightened reflexes plus being able to consume stamina potions mid-time slow +999 arrows of 5 different kinds means BotW Link should be able to easily stall TP Link out of the Magic Armor.
Stasis has a cooldown, and don't expect the second hit to be so easy to land.

Besides, I still stand by that in a one on one fight, TP LInk has more skill. For one, he was the only Link trained by another Link. BotW Link would thrive more in a guerrilla setting, and he is more dependent on armor than pretty much any of the others. Not to mention he was never shown to actually have a Triforce piece which TP Link definitely had.

D

Deleted member

Stasis has a cooldown, and don't expect the second hit to be so easy to land.

Besides, I still stand by that in a one on one fight, TP LInk has more skill. For one, he was the only Link trained by another Link. BotW Link would thrive more in a guerrilla setting, and he is more dependent on armor than pretty much any of the others. Not to mention he was never shown to actually have a Triforce piece which TP Link definitely had.
No, 100% TP Link has the best swordplay. I'll concede that point. He was trained by OoT Link, after all. And he definitely has the fanciest sword moves, helm splitter makes me squee whenever I see it.

But BotW Link is capable of a lot more then TP Link combat wise, and simply being able to space out TP Link with his greater speed as well as having access to all sorts of elemental attacks, the Champion's abilities, and the Sheikah Slate's hacks (jump-cancel bomb parries can lead to a lot of wild ****: https://youtu.be/GEr4XvObQac), there's no way I can see TP winning a fight that isn't just flat out swordplay/H2H. I mean the elemental attacks themselves are incredibly strong; being able to keep an enemy from moving indefinitely is a massive boon. The Ancient Arrows are broken as well, anything that isn't a rock instadies (ok that's an exaggeration bosses don't instadie either) Not to mention the Triforce doesn't really seem to help TP Link combat wise besides giving him a slight buff in physicals (which explains his crazy durability) but crazy durability doesn't matter when you can't even hit your opponent, and Wild Link can reach some crazy durability too. Ancient Armor makes him insanely durable + gives him extra damage on Ancient Weapons, which stacks with triple attack elixers/meals. A couple flurry rushes and Gales/Protections/Graces to stall and after the Magic Armor is depleted TP Link would get chewed through like paper.

Like in straight swordplay TP Link would win 100%, but there's so many factors at play if you give both of them all their gear that at some point swordplay becomes the least concerning factor. You can't win a fight through technique and experience alone.

Arthur97

Smash Master
No, 100% TP Link has the best swordplay. I'll concede that point. He was trained by OoT Link, after all. And he definitely has the fanciest sword moves, helm splitter makes me squee whenever I see it.

But BotW Link is capable of a lot more then TP Link combat wise, and simply being able to space out TP Link with his greater speed as well as having access to all sorts of elemental attacks, the Champion's abilities, and the Sheikah Slate's hacks (jump-cancel bomb parries can lead to a lot of wild ****: https://youtu.be/GEr4XvObQac), there's no way I can see TP winning a fight that isn't just flat out swordplay/H2H. I mean the elemental attacks themselves are incredibly strong; being able to keep an enemy from moving indefinitely is a massive boon. The Ancient Arrows are broken as well, anything that isn't a rock instadies (ok that's an exaggeration bosses don't instadie either) Not to mention the Triforce doesn't really seem to help TP Link combat wise besides giving him a slight buff in physicals (which explains his crazy durability) but crazy durability doesn't matter when you can't even hit your opponent, and Wild Link can reach some crazy durability too. Ancient Armor makes him insanely durable + gives him extra damage on Ancient Weapons, which stacks with triple attack elixers/meals. A couple flurry rushes and Gales/Protections/Graces to stall and after the Magic Armor is depleted TP Link would get chewed through like paper.

Like in straight swordplay TP Link would win 100%, but there's so many factors at play if you give both of them all their gear that at some point swordplay becomes the least concerning factor. You can't win a fight through technique and experience alone.
You seem to overestimate the stasis rune. Not to mention, is isn't quite as effective on bosses, and TP Link would probably qualify (especially with a Triforce piece). And like I said, BotW is much more dependent on gear (most of which breaks so his bow would break long before he ran out of arrows) while Link's shield is indestructible and requires no parry. He could get a few cheap shots in with champion abilities and the stasis rune but both cannot be spammed, but TP Link is still handy with a bow even if not to the same extent, and would know how to deal with an archer. Even BotW's Master Sword cannot be used indefinitely so TP just has to wear him down.

D

Deleted member

You seem to overestimate the stasis rune. Not to mention, is isn't quite as effective on bosses, and TP Link would probably qualify (especially with a Triforce piece). And like I said, BotW is much more dependent on gear (most of which breaks so his bow would break long before he ran out of arrows) while Link's shield is indestructible and requires no parry. He could get a few cheap shots in with champion abilities and the stasis rune but both cannot be spammed, but TP Link is still handy with a bow even if not to the same extent, and would know how to deal with an archer. Even BotW's Master Sword cannot be used indefinitely so TP just has to wear him down.
I think you're underestimating how durable BotW Link's bows, Ancient Bows have crazy durability and Lynel Bows can fire 5 arrows at the cost of 1, allowing Wild Link to spam even faster and harder without expending too much of his durability. Not only that, but he can hold an entire inventory of them, so it's not just the one bow. And TP Link is definitely nowhere near Wild Link's level with a bow, considering that Wild Link is so fast at drawing his bow and has such good reflexes and aim that it is as if time is slowing down, according to Teba. TP Link doesn't have many feats with his bow besides being able to hit a couple eyeballs and gems, while Wild Link is able to snipe Vah Medoh's cannons from hundereds of feet in the air and can take out Vah Naboris' feet while keeping up with Riju to prevent getting hit by lightning.

And the Master Sword isn't really the only weapon Wild Link has in his inventory, by the way. The dude can hold a ****ton of swords, some of which are objectively stronger then the MS. And Wild link can also hold 99 faries to save himself in case he does fall in battle as well.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I think you're underestimating how durable BotW Link's bows, Ancient Bows have crazy durability and Lynel Bows can fire 5 arrows at the cost of 1, allowing Wild Link to spam even faster and harder without expending too much of his durability. Not only that, but he can hold an entire inventory of them, so it's not just the one bow. And TP Link is definitely nowhere near Wild Link's level with a bow, considering that Wild Link is so fast at drawing his bow and has such good reflexes and aim that it is as if time is slowing down, according to Teba. TP Link doesn't have many feats with his bow besides being able to hit a couple eyeballs and gems, while Wild Link is able to snipe Vah Medoh's cannons from hundereds of feet in the air and can take out Vah Naboris' feet while keeping up with Riju to prevent getting hit by lightning.

And the Master Sword isn't really the only weapon Wild Link has in his inventory, by the way. The dude can hold a ****ton of swords, some of which are objectively stronger then the MS. And Wild link can also hold 99 faries to save himself in case he does fall in battle as well.
You're assuming he's put hours into grinding this stuff too. It's much easier for TP Link to be at peak capacity than BotW Link. Odds are, he wouldn't have 99 fairies or 999 of each type of arrow or even maxed out inventory. However, it's fairly likely that TP Link has a potion or two as well as a couple of fairies and 99 arrows. Also, yes, BotW Link would likely have other weapons, but they break fairly easily as well. All TP Link has to do is hold his shield for that. The bigger weapons too are practically worthless against a Link. TP Link also gets a sniper scope for his bow, so range isn't an issue for him either and is likely even further, and he can pick up all those arrows being flung at him to fire back indefinitely as his bow will never break. Also, if you take the crossbow thing into account, he's a decent shot on horseback. Not to mention, he probably has a better horse as Epona is Amiibo only.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
:ultpit:
Let's see... To start off, he's actually older than he looks, at least 28, for those who played Uprising should know... about the 25 year absence of Medusa and the 3-year time skip moment. Part of the reason why I mention this one is because well... I may say it a lot regarding my ship of Pit/Samus, but the problem people have been questioning me about is Pit's age... I don't wanna go into more detail than that regarding what some judgmental jerks think when I mention said ship and accuse me of being a certain something. So that's mainly why I bring up how he's at least 28 (not physically though). Besides, I hear that age is complicated when it comes to angels and gods, unlike humans.

Next thing I want to mention is Pit's not really um... dumb to say the least, though he is naive and a bit uneducated (I probably blame Palutena for that). Despite this, he is still a capable fighter as many of us know. There's also Chapter 23 where Pit's alone, and still fights through the dangers ahead. Identical to this, he's actually smarter in the JP version, but as many would expect, English butchering of dialogue, if I said that right, which makes Pit seem more like a joke than he should be.

He's actually been picked on a lot by most of the Uprising cast, mostly noted, by Hades, Palutena, and Viridi (mostly because of gods vs a simple angel). Despite the torment, he does try his best to get through things. It's also to note that even though he's often upbeat, he actually becomes very serious in Chapter 20, especially when it means trying to rescue Palutena; not a single joke. Pit's not all sunshine and rainbows, people. Dark Pit's existence, who is actually a part of Pit, is evidence (see KIU's Mirror of Truth).

:ultpalutena:
She does pick on Pit a lot (including the sensitive "wing" part towards poor Pit and the "chapter 3 pheromone part"), and can be considered full of herself sometimes. It's likely partial due to being a Goddess (I assume many gods have some kind of ego) while Pit, who's an angel, is of lower class. This is probably common knowledge, but eh... it's probably because many seem to favor Palutena for her looks and ignore her personality and how she treats Pit sometimes. Despite all her teasing and such, she does care for him.

I should've done better with this. Then again, with how "open" and not serious KIU is, it leaves many questions unanswered.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
:ultsonic: Despite the memes, a lot of his games are super cool, with amazing music and cool and fun characters. The Archie comic series builds even more on this, with even more great characters and cool storylines. Maybe it's mostly nostalgia talking though :laugh:

Also, how about we stay on topic. I like VsBattles type-of debates a lot, but you guys have gone waaaaay off topic.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
I second the Bayonetta one. Her games are fantastic and she's a very cool character. Her being broken in smash kind of makes me sad for the competitive side, but in casuals, it fits her souce material to combo people across the universe haha. Still though, hope she's slowly fixed over the game's life.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
D

Deleted member

You're assuming he's put hours into grinding this stuff too. It's much easier for TP Link to be at peak capacity than BotW Link. Odds are, he wouldn't have 99 fairies or 999 of each type of arrow or even maxed out inventory. However, it's fairly likely that TP Link has a potion or two as well as a couple of fairies and 99 arrows. Also, yes, BotW Link would likely have other weapons, but they break fairly easily as well. All TP Link has to do is hold his shield for that. The bigger weapons too are practically worthless against a Link. TP Link also gets a sniper scope for his bow, so range isn't an issue for him either and is likely even further, and he can pick up all those arrows being flung at him to fire back indefinitely as his bow will never break. Also, if you take the crossbow thing into account, he's a decent shot on horseback. Not to mention, he probably has a better horse as Epona is Amiibo only.
I thought we were assuming that the Links were both at maxed out endgame? Also, BotW Link can get a better horse then Epona and he can handle a horse much better then TP Link gameplay wise (probably not story wise though). He can always do the whole jump off, bullet time arrows, reland maneuver. And the Hawkeye scope only helps when the enemy if really far away, otherwise it's actually detrimental to his aim. And BotW Link wouldn't just attack a shield randomly and break all his weapons, the weapon triangle dictates that he would use a big weapon on TP Link to knock away the shield. Or, if you think that big weapons would be useless (as TP Link could easily punish Wild Link bc of all the lag) Wild Link could just jump-cancel parry a bomb to knock TP Link off guard, since BotW Link has the benefit of not needing to drop his shield to use his bomb. Or, the simplest solution, hit the shield with a Thunderblade to force TP Link to drop both his weapon and his guard.

Also, Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken is right, if you wanna continue this just @ me in his thread. This is a fun discussion!

Last edited by a moderator:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
You started out with Lucas, so here's a few on him.

-Lucas' crouching pose is the same pose he does in MOTHER3 when you hold down the B button before running.
-All of Lucas' physical attacks are kicks. He doesn't throw a single punch. This is a nod to Duster, a party member in MOTHER3 who attacks by kicking.
-His tripping taunt is a nod to discarded banana peels found in MOTHER3. If you run over them, your character will trip.

There's a lot of neat nods to his source material in his moveset that I think a number of people don't realize.

Top Bottom