• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

fontisian

Smash Champion
Kary is probably still town. I suspect they had an interest in reading me as a person and not an obstactle from the moment I interfered with their Chaco read.

We should yeet DH. Osie never even followed up. I suspect we wont, and it sucks. Trust Frozen in lylo, if he's scum, that's on me, not you guys. Don't blame Kary too much for this push. Blame Laser and Boom for being off doing their own little dance while I'm bleeding town.

Do not let Pythag charm disarm you. He is being honest and telling what he means, but what he means comes from a scum pov.

Laser scummier than Boom, his worlds don't make sense, Boom at least seems to be trying to figure this out.

Wam

Smash Ace
I'm wavering and if I had a vote I would move it to pythag. I do agree with font s point that her and pythag are unlikely buddies.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'm wavering as well Wam, I've got like a few minutes before I start driving. Can you walk me through your thoughts on Pythag? I want to see if you've noticed anything I haven't.

ALSO

If Wam and/or pythag are still alive, you both should target me tonight.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I would be up for a Pythag yeet. Saying this is likely what will get me killed, heh.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Wam I wish I could give you my vote, not that I trust you that much, but for info and because I do kinda trust you now.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Vote: Pythag

If I get stopped in traffic or take a stop at a rest stop or gas station I'll hop back on and skim. Ping me so I can see them quicker.

Wam

Smash Ace
I'm wavering as well Wam, I've got like a few minutes before I start driving. Can you walk me through your thoughts on Pythag? I want to see if you've noticed anything I haven't.

ALSO

If Wam and/or pythag are still alive, you both should target me tonight.
Tldr summary, font and I have separately noticed weird pytahg DH stuff day 1. Even today pythag has two strong town reads and no strong scum reads.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
If Fonti is ****ing scum I'm going to be hella pissed at myself if I let them go. But C'est La vie

fontisian

Smash Champion
Hey, you said "thaumaturgy" and your vote ended up on Wam's preferred target, looks like it worked.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 3.9
OsieOrb (2): FrozenFlame, Pythag
Fontisian (2): Kary, Laserguy,
Pythag (2): Malakandra, Fontisian

Not Voting (2): OsieOrb, Boom Frog

With 8 voters, it takes 5 votes to eliminate. Day 3 Deadline is 5 PM CST on Friday the 25th, Roughly 2.5 Hours from this post. Live End of Day Countdown

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Although, I guess all that's not really nessesary. I can't imagine how Osie could justify voting at this point.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
what happened to this?
He kept talking. His switch to vote me didn't make sense with what he'd said before about Fonti's power. And his flipant dismissal of my "how are we scum together" the first time was bad. And, I realized the stuff I'd liked at the start of D3 was actually just him saying "me too" to my feelings. And it turns out he didn't even mean the important part about "wanting justice".

fontisian

Smash Champion
Only one page back actually, starting here, #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary

There's a lot of anger in this, I'm sorry in advance.
1. No. I didn't know. I have ADHD, I respond to things quickly, and I didn't remember what exactly I said. I posted a response to the case explain things as best I could from my pov.

There is no difference between "dismissing" the case and "addressing" as you describe it, you're just making one sound worse. I talked about what I did, I've explained what I've been trying to do, and I used the case to get a read on Boom. What I wanted from you was to understand why you scumread me, so I can ****ing work with you, but I still don't understand even in all of this because this is a just a tunnel. I understand that you're angery at my inability to remember things, and you think it's some deliberate strategy to throw you off and assert my towniness or whatever but it's not, I just can't remember things.

Am I supposed to address ever single example? Is that what you need? Because I will do that if I have to. And I'll go through my iso and find all the counterexamples if I have to.

I am not lying. I am telling you my perspective and my goals so that when /you/ go through these examples and through the rest of my posts, you can see why I made my choices. I tried to address the core of the case by explain what I do and why I do it. If that's not enough, if you need me to hand hold you as I explain every single thing I have posted this game, I can do that.

Let's start with these examples:
I was trying to figure out Chaco and Boom via his read on Chaco. I asked Boom to consider this way or thinking, because he was calling Chaco town for feeling like Laser's case on him was just wrong, but scum can feel like a town's case on them is just wrong too. You can tell that I wasn't trying to undermine town with this because I came out of the interactions with Chaco with a strong townread on him and started defending him to /you/.
Explaining why I was asking Boom, so the request is clear. Again, I did state my opinion later, as a strong townread on Chaco, when many people (including you!) were scumreading him. I don't like stating my opinion before I really have it, and at that point of time, I was still in catch up mode, with no strong opinions on anything.

This is about DH, not Chaco. DH said Chaco was a townread and resisted the case, but he didn't have an actual reason for townreading Chaco, just a "scummy doesn't necessarily mean scum" reason. I noticed that the reasons for /townreading/ Chaco were missing, and that's why I asked if it's something he posted and I missed in my catchup.

DH has some reasoning for townreading Chaco, but I wanted to dig deeper and make him justify himself. I asked him about his intentions with the people scumreading Chaco because iirc /he said/ the people who jumped onto pushing Chaco after Laser were scummy. I saw him potentially trying to undermine town without committing on and investigated, and frankly it's feeling like my main mistake was not pushing harder.

This is me defending Wam. Next.
It wasn't about Mala, it was about DH. Holy ****, I don't understand how this isn't obvious. DH said "Mala looks super town. During the night phase my take was “Malak is town unless wam is scum with him” but I don’t see why scum!mala would then start the day phase by pushing for wam and backing down on FF and not the other way around, especially after the anti FF sentiment from synchro and wam to start the day. I do think that the boomfrog town read is pretty misguided though, boom had the perfect excuse to pull that vote considering he relieved you of all of that stress." And I was like, it doesn't make any sense for DH to believe that, I should push him on it. So I did. And you can tell that what I'm doing because my language is more aggressive. What /exactly/ was Mala doing. It can't be /this/. I'm applying pressure to a scumread, not trying to get him to turn on Mala. And asking him to justify his Mala townread if he is town isn't undermining Mala at all, it's making it more likely town!DH will defend him in the future because that's how humans work.

This is still just me picking apart DH's reasoning because it felt off.

I am so *ing annoyed that I actually have to explain all of this, because it should be obvious to anyone who isn't mafia or tunneled to oblivion. I asked question with goals in mind. It's not just about the person we're talking about, it's about the person I'm talking to. Question someone's reasons and making them justify themselves is scumhunting, not ****ing "undermining town," holy *.

So, first of all, this isn't undermining town if LASER ISN'T ****ING TOWN. Second, it's literally just a spur of the moment question. Chaco says Laser must be town because Laser is town because Laser is tunneling him. I'm like, didn't Laser tunnel as mafia? I feel like he did? And it's a question because I don't ****ing remember, and if Chaco had told me "No, Laser never tunnels like this as scum," I would have believed him because /I don't remember/.

This isn't me ****ing attacking Syn, it's outlining what needs to be done, because Chaco was just running ahead with "Laser shouldn't townread Syn off these notes, they're both mafia ," so I'm telling him to actually read the ****ing notes. And I didn't do it myself right then because I couldn't, because I have a life, so I had to come back and do it later.

Ok, here I attacked an argument defending two people, one of whom was a scumread and the other of whom was not a townread. If Laser is town, this is technically undermining town. Good thing Laser probably isn't town, huh?

I don't understand how you can read this and think it's supports your previous ideas. I went into Syn's notes. I looked for the towniest possible interpretations. I highlighted them so you and Chaco and everyone after Syn could see them. And I went after Laser with them, because I thought and still think he's ****ing mafia. I tried to be fair. I tried to see it from town!Laser's pov, and found it wanting. Again, this is only undermining a town if Laser is town.

I need to pause, this post is getting too long and I'm struggling find my place in it.
[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom