• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
1. No. I didn't know. I have ADHD, I respond to things quickly, and I didn't remember what exactly I said. I posted a response to the case explain things as best I could from my pov.

There is no difference between "dismissing" the case and "addressing" as you describe it, you're just making one sound worse. I talked about what I did, I've explained what I've been trying to do, and I used the case to get a read on Boom. What I wanted from you was to understand why you scumread me, so I can ****ing work with you, but I still don't understand even in all of this because this is a just a tunnel. I understand that you're angery at my inability to remember things, and you think it's some deliberate strategy to throw you off and assert my towniness or whatever but it's not, I just can't remember things.
this isn't a tunnel, its an attempt to bury you. there's literally 2 points to my argument. I don't see any need to dilute the argument further.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Who's the team with Fonti? And don't say me-Fonti-Frozen because that is just too much scum theatre. D3 has been ligit stressful for Fonti, if we were a double powerwolf team we would have just shot you and bamboozled everyone else with a much lower stakes play.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'll save you the trouble. The only option that makes a lick of sense at this point is that Fonti and FF tried to bus their mate pythag/Osie or their mate is wam. Do you think wam gives up his vote as scum if he is partners with Fonti?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'd switch to Laser if we could get Mala to move safely. Or if Kary is persuaded.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Arguably I should just go for OsieHorse too. I just feel bad yeeting someone mid-replacement. But of all people Osie will understand it's about the slot and replacement status shouldn't be an in game concern.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Wam/DH slot/Pythag can't be a thing with Wam's connection case. Wam/Pythag can't be a thing either, or ge would have pushed Mala to vote Osie, not Pythag.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Yep, answer'd half your question. Pythag is just because his tone and little aside thoughts sound so pure which makes me consider you might be scum instead of him. Laser is the only one who I think has actively been anywhere close to scummy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Who's the team with Fonti? And don't say me-Fonti-Frozen because that is just too much scum theatre. D3 has been ligit stressful for Fonti, if we were a double powerwolf team we would have just shot you and bamboozled everyone else with a much lower stakes play.
it could be you + fonti + wam
the only thing that rules it out is the eod1 vote like laser said, its risky, then you said 'haha thats what id do as his partner'
i'll admit its a lot of theatre but the wifom of me being alive does not persuade me

I'll save you the trouble. The only option that makes a lick of sense at this point is that Fonti and FF tried to bus their mate pythag/Osie or their mate is wam. Do you think wam gives up his vote as scum if he is partners with Fonti?
if I was confident who was scum with fonti i would have said something already. on my reads, its not Pythag. its either DH or Wam and they're trying to WIFOM by pushing one and ignoring the other and hope we guess wrong.

fontisian

Smash Champion
DH is probably something like a 95% hit, Pythag 90%, Laser 85%. No teams work without DH, and Pythag is almost always scum with him. Would need Malakandra Malakandra to swap back

fontisian

Smash Champion
it could be you + fonti + wam
the only thing that rules it out is the eod1 vote like laser said, its risky, then you said 'haha thats what id do as his partner'
i'll admit its a lot of theatre but the wifom of me being alive does not persuade me

if I was confident who was scum with fonti i would have said something already. on my reads, its not Pythag. its either DH or Wam and they're trying to WIFOM by pushing one and ignoring the other and hope we guess wrong.
Why would Boom and I be cool with Wam giving up his vote when I need it to live?

fontisian

Smash Champion
why are you trying to make me solve worlds in a game as hard as this?

I don't understand how you can make a slam dunk case on fonti and then not believe in it yourself BoomFrog BoomFrog
I'm not scum, dude, please, I took the time to respond to you, give me the courtesy of reading it.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
They were ready to go on DH until Mala was persuaded on Pythag. If Mala had gone with DH they'd be locked in. So like I said, Fonti-FF-wam. They know wam's reads are habitually unpersuasive so they have him say he's for Fonti but lose his vote so he's can't actually bus. That's the only team that makes sense with Fonti. But still seems unlikly imo.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not scum, dude, please, I took the time to respond to you, give me the courtesy of reading it.
okay, and what did you say about sync? If you switch off, onto someone else, and its a miss, then sync will still die, and the game will be ****ed.
or do you just not practice what you preach?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Vote Count 3.10

Pythag (3): Malakandra, Fontisian, Boomfrog
OsieOrb (2): FrozenFlame, Pythag
Fontisian (2): Kary, Laserguy,

Not Voting (1): OsieOrb,

With 8 voters, it takes 5 votes to eliminate. Day 3 Deadline is 5 PM CST on Friday the 25th, Roughly 1.5 Hours from this post. Live End of Day Countdown

fontisian

Smash Champion
Boom presented a case against you, and you admired and found him town.

Kary is on that case, and I don’t think I’ve seen you accuse kary of being scum, just being incorrect
Yes. Kary believes I'm scum, everything he says is part of that tunnel.

Boom literally holds my life in his hands.

fontisian

Smash Champion
okay, and what did you say about sync? If you switch off, onto someone else, and its a miss, then sync will still die, and the game will be ****ed.
or do you just not practice what you preach?
Yeah, for you, and Chaco and Frozen, who were all hella tunneled. You don't need to yeet me to get out of your tunnel, you can do that by yeeting a wolf instead.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I don't understand how you can make a slam dunk case on fonti and then not believe in it yourself BoomFrog BoomFrog BoomFrog BoomFrog
I composed the case to see if I thought Fonti was scum. I presented the case to prove to Fonti that I was town and serious about "fiery justice" and to test everyone else. But it wasn't a slam dunk, it was just pretty good. If I had to yeet based on only D1 and 2 I'd yeet Fonti.

why are you trying to make me solve worlds in a game as hard as this?
Because you don't catch good scum directly, you catch them indirectly by their associations.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Yeah, for you, and Chaco and Frozen, who were all hella tunneled. You don't need to yeet me to get out of your tunnel, you can do that by yeeting a wolf instead.
That doesn't track. If you yeeted a wolf instead of Sync then they'd have all gotten out of their tunnels. Also, you could have persuaded Frozen at minimum, he wasn't that tunneled.

fontisian

Smash Champion
How ? I’m already on osie
Talk about who you think the team is, why you're still on osie, what the biggest mistake you made this game was, what you think of boom rn. Just find something to talk about and then let it flow.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Talk about who you think the team is, why you're still on osie, what the biggest mistake you made this game was, what you think of boom rn. Just find something to talk about and then let it flow.
Gimmie like 10. I’m literally driving right now

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'll just keep talking.

Pythag, something you're going to have to deal with is that it feels like you know I'm town, even though the Kary thing just convinced Mala I'm mafia, and even if you townread me after my defense, surely me voting you would make town!you feel like I'm scum trying to misyeet you.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude, don't text and drive.
Red lights exist

I'll just keep talking.

Pythag, something you're going to have to deal with is that it feels like you know I'm town, even though the Kary thing just convinced Mala I'm mafia, and even if you townread me after my defense, surely me voting you would make town!you feel like I'm scum trying to misyeet you.
Is Kary mafia trying to kill you, or town?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll just keep talking.

I don't totally get this, town misyeets all the time. I thought I put up a defense earlier. It felt like you were turning to find me scummy, because you HAD to because...if you won't bus as scum, and according to boom meta you need to have deep reads, but you gotta fabricate them and not find scum, then it looked like was seeing it happen in real time when you were like 'heeeyyyy y'know, pythag's kinda scummy for agreeing with boom's argument.'

That's when I was being really defensive, and that's when I was much more of the mindset you're describing.

But now, boom doesn't even believe his case. I don't know what to do with that. ¯\(ツ)

Wam doesn't even matter cause he took his own vote away, (unless he was scum trying to allow a vote tie so that he can glide on by and escape notice.)

Mala and LG kinda follow whomever has the largest post at the time. Mala has the claim to fall back on, Laser, not so much.
Synch and Boom wanted to flash yeet laser D1 - as I see it, best case scenario is that they're both town and saw laser being scummy.
Worst case is boom was trying to plan a bus. Even if I just had Synch, I'd be willing to go laser, cause we know that Synch is town.

Kary's tunneling you and not even trying to get others to believe his case. I'm curious why you don't find Kary scummy at all. Was Synch's fight with Kary truly TvT then? Fonti, Kary and Synch, all town misunderstanding? And what was the big fight between Synch and Kary? They thought they were answering each other, and they never really matched. Is Kary doing that to you know? I just saw pages and pages of you guys quoting each other, and somehow, Kary never feels like anything was addressed, which was exactly the same as Synch v Kary, right? Is that coincidental? I have no experience with scum!Kary so I can only point that out. Kary also ignored early on when Kary said that 'letting xivii having fun is not pro town' and I challenged that essentially saying that xivii having fun just isn't good if you're mafia and xivii is town.
However I'm also astonished that scum!Kary wouldn't have tried to jump on me

DH slot is now trash, and the more convoluted the thread gets, the more convinced I am that that slot is scum.
Imagine playing a game of mafia where everyone is town. Do you think people would still get voted off?
I think that's the similar thing, if too many townspeople are there, they really kinda bite their own heads off, while a scum can skirt by in the back. We've had relatively active people, and I think that's when it becomes really easy to get all lord of the flies, forgetting there are other people here. I see no reason why this shouldn't be the priority.

Frozen
I've agreed with the mindset of this slot like the entire game. (or perhaps more correctly, I FEEL like I've agreed with this slot's mindset the entire game)
Tonally seems really town. Appropriately incredulous, and also genuine. Wish he was around a little more actually.

I didn't really love the handwaving boom just did about 'there's not two people powerwolfing' but that's about all i've got for that.
I think there's MULTIPLE things scum!boom could've done that he just...hasn't. This wouldn't be for show.

For my money, the safest lynch right now is the osie slot, and potentially the laser slot.

Top Bottom