• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

fontisian

Smash Champion
guys i've read the thread. I repeated it because its the example I used for fonti throwing shade on things- to the point that even facts are up for debate.

don't have any more questions about the case, would like to hear boom's progression on reading me though.
Dude, it's a fact. Mala is not new.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Dude, it's a fact. Mala is not new.
newsflash, words are open to interpretation.

If you want to try and say "I wasn't lost... I just didn't know what direction to go in" then I applaud your semantic gymnastics, but I am NOT happy with you doing that in my backyard. I do not have a lot of patience for people who don't engage in the basics of language in good faith.

fontisian

Smash Champion
newsflash, words are open to interpretation.

If you want to try and say "I wasn't lost... I just didn't know what direction to go in" then I applaud your semantic gymnastics, but I am NOT happy with you doing that in my backyard. I do not have a lot of patience for people who don't engage in the basics of language in good faith.
Uh.

I don't know what you're talking about, lol.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
don't have any more questions about the case, would like to hear boom's progression on reading me though.
Your idgaf attitude continues to radiate towniness, but since that was called out D1 you don't get much credit for continuing it and I feel like you are doing it extra on purpose at this point. I don't have other experience with you so I just have to assume this is a reasonably typical attitude for you especially combined with the RL stuff you alluded to. The lack of uncertainty still really bothers me, and your lack of interaction with most people (although I get that is mostly RL time constraints). So you are in the bottom of my PoE but I keep town reading your tone.

Your reaction to the case was very town, so that bumps you up to "town lean, but the bar keeps going up"

fontisian

Smash Champion
Your idgaf attitude continues to radiate towniness, but since that was called out D1 you don't get much credit for continuing it and I feel like you are doing it extra on purpose at this point. I don't have other experience with you so I just have to assume this is a reasonably typical attitude for you especially combined with the RL stuff you alluded to. The lack of uncertainty still really bothers me, and your lack of interaction with most people (although I get that is mostly RL time constraints). So you are in the bottom of my PoE but I keep town reading your tone.

Your reaction to the case was very town, so that bumps you up to "town lean, but the bar keeps going up"
Psst, Boom, who called it out D1?

fontisian

Smash Champion
1. Don't tell me what to do.
2. Am I allowed to indicate if I think Fonti is scum?
3. I've been staring at page 7 for like 3 hours, so we'll see how the readslist goes.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
1. Don't tell me what to do.
2. Am I allowed to indicate if I think Fonti is scum?
3. I've been staring at page 7 for like 3 hours, so we'll see how the readslist goes.
1. Oh : /
2. Yes please
3. Good luck. I don't envy you right now regardless of alignment.

Wam

Smash Ace
So paranoid thinking. Fonts power may not be as described. It could be a standard vote removal power. And they waited for me to post the word then messaged the mod. Hmmm

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I gave Sabrar bread, and I also gave boom some bread.

Why I wasn't particularly forthright with it was because I was curious what boom would do.
I had been townreading him towards the end of Day 2.

claiming he got bread would 'clear' me, but I didn't know if boom was wanting to do that, because if he's scum, he gets nothing out of it.
I thought this would put him in a box, in a way, if my hunch was that the scum team was around wam, boom and DH.

However boom's come out absolutely swinging at Fonti, and has a much clearer understanding of not just Fonti's meta, but also a really documented case. About how that meta would’ve played out.

I also think it shows consistency in booms thought, which is really key (to me)

Malakandra

Smash Lord
So paranoid thinking. Fonts power may not be as described. It could be a standard vote removal power. And they waited for me to post the word then messaged the mod. Hmmm
P sure the mod quotes you saying the word. Don't think he would do that if it wasn't about the word

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Yeah, I got bread. I just wanted to give pythag the option to do something tricky if he wanted to, although I was pretty sure he wouldn't.

Pythag Pythag would you yeet Fonti today? It's D3 man, we need hard stances

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

I was expecting the word 'shallow' to make an appearance here tbh

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Pythag you should give me bread tonight, theres no way I die and can't reveal anything, and I'm probably going to be a target pretty soon for scum so you'd also have a confirmed town vouching.

Maybe same thing for Wam if we don't yeet him today, cept I think neighborizing who I target would be best because then they would be alive longer than 48 hours, though itdhave to be someone we trust.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
or for someone we trust part, someone everyone is sure can't be scum with Wam. Just so we can confirm both powers pretty surely.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I was expecting the word 'shallow' to make an appearance here tbh
Your response to my Fonti case implies that you had some subtlety to your read there. And of course I can understand why I default to suspicion even though it's seems a little unfair since you also keep your cards close.

Can you explain why you didn't give Sync a meta discount for Xivii shenanigans?

And why do you town read frozen?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Wam should just neighborize you Mala. Confirming the power is worth far more then the actual effect. And your target needs to stay secret.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I got bread. I just wanted to give pythag the option to do something tricky if he wanted to, although I was pretty sure he wouldn't.

Pythag Pythag would you yeet Fonti today? It's D3 man, we need hard stances
fonti has been more up and down, I’ve generally felt pretty good about your presence, so yeah, I think I would be ok with that.

Who else do you think is on the scum team?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Thats reasonable, Wam can be lonely some more if he needs to be. Maybe scum team will let me live banking on my inability to guess the Night Kill. :upsidedown:

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Though I doubt that.

Least I'll get some bread and a special friend to talk to before I go if everyone else in on the up and up with their powers at least.

Yeet list is uh, getting there.

Wam

Smash Ace
Wam should just neighborize you Mala. Confirming the power is worth far more then the actual effect. And your target needs to stay secret.
That was my plan. Was debating whether to put this in the thread.

Will have feedback on your case later when I have a computer!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ff with all the claims do you think we are at mylo?
given that the only protective claim is the tough body guard, I'm less concerned about the possibility of scum having a floating extra kill of some sort. At this point, that's the only way we can be in MYLO, unless a townie is lying about their claim and has a vig shot, but I think any townie in that position should realize at this point that missing a vig shot after a misyeet = gg for town if we're in 6v3 so they should not shoot without having confirmed scum to target

Cantrip starting with Pr (heh).
maybe I missed something earlier in the thread but what inspired you to post this? You had previously mentioned that it was a DnD cantrip starting with Pr but providing the actual list of spells in the thread for people to look through to help them guess seems like an extra step that kind of came out of no where. Why nudge people in the direction of trying to guess the word at this particular point?

I feel like Wam's claim has scum utility it wasn't used for. Like, use it to target a town and convince them you're town. Or use it to target a town you think it pr and try to get them to trust you and claim to you. I feel for him to be scum with this role it would have had to have some sort of limiter, like he couldn't use it until a certain Day or another condition that wasn't met.
I don't follow you here at all. First, are you trying to say that Wam's claimed targets are town indicative because scum!Wam would have been better suited trying to pocket different targets or to coax them into privately sharing PRs? Also, I don't understand what you mean by the need for a limiter to balance the role as a scum role. My understanding is that generally neighborizers can only be neighborized with one other slot at a time so doesn't that naturally limit the roles power? Also, even if there was no such limitation, I fail to see how simply being able to chat with other slots privately with no confirmation of their alignment is something that would need limiting? It doesn't ultimately have any mechanical sway over the game, it all comes down to the persuasiveness of the neighborizer

If Wam is scum, they have to be either very worried about losing him, or very certain we are going to yeet wrong today lord
this was my reaction to Wams play today, especially after he deliberately nullified his own vote

working on digesting the boom case against fonti now

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I kinda feel that all of the roles were much more for just confusion in power roles.

we had a tracker who could see who visited who.

Then we have multiple roles who visit others.

The roles confirm a townie, but also leave a lot of room for “heated disagreements”

Eg : wam neighborizes someone, a tracker saw him visit someone, confronts him, and the scum could deny or twist that visit in some way.

that’s a bad example but it’s just been going through my mind how maybe the mechanics could work

Malakandra

Smash Lord
maybe I missed something earlier in the thread but what inspired you to post this? You had previously mentioned that it was a DnD cantrip starting with Pr but providing the actual list of spells in the thread for people to look through to help them guess seems like an extra step that kind of came out of no where. Why nudge people in the direction of trying to guess the word at this particular point?
Wam wanted to deliberately lose his vote, not everyone plays DnD, so Fonti was giving him the list so it would be easier to find the right word.

this was my reaction to Wams play today, especially after he deliberately nullified his own vote
Speaking of which, since we can confirm if he actually has the ability, I'm gonna.

Unvote

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Your response to my Fonti case implies that you had some subtlety to your read there. And of course I can understand why I default to suspicion even though it's seems a little unfair since you also keep your cards close.
I felt like you were bashing my reads simply because you didn't like them, i don't really understand why you value 'subtlety' so high. But this might be a conversation for post-game.

Can you explain why you didn't give Sync a meta discount for Xivii shenanigans?
I absolutely did, though. I gave them a pass on Day 1 nonsense, on the notes 'editing' and flip-flopping on Wam and frozen. But when they didn't want to engage with me at all, start lashing out at Chaco and others, then went quiet before one last death wish post, that didn't fit my expectations at all. I dunno how much of that was down to bessie or if they were short on time, but I felt like they were just laughing at me and trying to shrug me off.

And why do you town read frozen?
I mean he's basically cruising on what is fundamentally a tone read from Day 1. I don't think it ever makes sense to yeet him before fonti, but if fonti flips red I'm gonna be very curious to see what he does next. I already talked about some pings, but he feels pretty weak toDay compared to what I would expect.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I kinda feel that all of the roles were much more for just confusion in power roles.

we had a tracker who could see who visited who.

Then we have multiple roles who visit others.

The roles confirm a townie, but also leave a lot of room for “heated disagreements”

Eg : wam neighborizes someone, a tracker saw him visit someone, confronts him, and the scum could deny or twist that visit in some way.

that’s a bad example but it’s just been going through my mind how maybe the mechanics could work
agreed, especially your role, since that seems to be its only purpose besides confirming that you do have a power role by giving it to someone. The only ability that doesn't really fit this is Fonti's, since everyone else has an action that requires visitation.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did you have any thoughts like this when you first saw your role?
Nope, but if wams role is true, than we have three people who can visit, one who tracks, and the body guard who can survive long enough to tell us who they were visiting. It just seems designed to kinda be a mess for the poor tracker

fontis role sticks out like a sore thumb in that regard, as she doesn’t visit anyone

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nope, but if wams role is true, than we have three people who can visit, one who tracks, and the body guard who can survive long enough to tell us who they were visiting. It just seems designed to kinda be a mess for the poor tracker

fontis role sticks out like a sore thumb in that regard, as she doesn’t visit anyone
In fact, what if fonti is a scum role designed to be visited, she can then give a “password” like a jailor that actually removes someone’s vote?

or do I understand her power incorrectly

Malakandra

Smash Lord
In fact, what if fonti is a scum role designed to be visited, she can then give a “password” like a jailor that actually removes someone’s vote?

or do I understand her power incorrectly
I mean, you'd have to explain why the mod quoted Wam saying Prestidigitation in the thread then. I think her's pretty clearly works as it was explained.

Top Bottom