• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
The soup reference?
Soup did some crazy stuff and would take AtE to the absolute extreme, making people mad, being “hurt” amd really making for a bad game space.

z25 was not nearly on the same level, but it was enough that it threw me for the whole game, because of a more sensitive subject / blow up.

sorry for the brevity, at work

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
when laser was being super sarcastic about Synch being town and you chided him for it
i wouldnt say they were the same. the fonti ping is for joking about being scum. laser's 'i told you so' felt a bit out of character but if it is scummy its bad acting, not joking in the same way.

Wam

Smash Ace
Soup did some crazy stuff and would take AtE to the absolute extreme, making people mad, being “hurt” amd really making for a bad game space.

z25 was not nearly on the same level, but it was enough that it threw me for the whole game, because of a more sensitive subject / blow up.

sorry for the brevity, at work
Oh makes sense thanks.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Pythag/Wam not w/w, lock it in.

Also, Mala's town, think I forgot to say that earlier.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
frozen saying " I need to do a wholesale reassessment" is very "so dar we have accomplished very little"- kinda flat, meaningless

frozen paranoia on every town read feels excessive
not sure how you got from me saying "I need to wholesale reassess my reads" to the suggestion that I was chastising us for "accomplishing little" with our two misyeets. Shouldn't any townie who's been on both miselims take a step back and say "hey I've been completely wrong with my elim picks so far, maybe I'm thinking about this game the wrong way?"

I also don't get how YOU don't get where my paranoia is coming from. The people I've been agreeing with voting with have been wrong on both plays. How is that NOT supposed to make me feel like my town reads are just snowing me?

I'm really hoping you wanted to back-and-forth with me here and I was just asleep. if you're genuinely doubting me now idk what to tell you. if anyone is snowing you here it's fonti and you need to snap out of it. you're relying waay too much on vibes and not solving logically.
I definitely was looking to back and forth, you can see from my posting then I had a bunch of time to sit with the thread open and just bounce ideas around with whoever was there. I appreciate your position re: "it has to be fonti snowing you" because you elim yourself as a candidate from your POV but cmon man think about it from my POV, how is that at all supposed to be obvious to me?

if I'm relying to much on vibes and need to get to "solving logically," why not give me something to chew on that I can assess the logic of? Saying im scumhunting poorly and then just throwing out "do this instead" and nothing else doesn't feel like an attempt to help me get a read on you or anyone else at all bro

Malakandra

Smash Lord
All Claims so far:

Wam - Neighbourizer
Mala - Tough Bodyguard
Fonti - compulsive Plant
Pythag- bread maker
Sabrar - Tracker

Laserguy - VT
FF - VT
Boomfrog - VT
Kary - VT
Somi- VT
Synchon - VT
Chaco - VT

Heury - ???

Malakandra

Smash Lord
All Claims so far:

Wam - Neighbourizer
Mala - Tough Bodyguard
Fonti - compulsive Plant
Pythag- bread maker
Sabrar - Tracker

Laserguy - VT
FF - VT
Boomfrog - VT
Kary - VT
Somi- VT
Synchon - VT
Chaco - VT

Heury - ???

Is 5 town power roles usual for 13 player games?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
It has the same energy as you on Day 2 saying "I know this won't gain traction but vote fonti", and my realization that this was a feud that had been simmering all game without really coming to anything.
It was actually BoomFrog who said that. I had been pushing fonti earlier in the day and was super suspicious of her reaction to Sync's reads though.

All Claims so far:

Wam - Neighbourizer
Mala - Tough Bodyguard
Fonti - compulsive Plant
Pythag- bread maker
Sabrar - Tracker

Laserguy - VT
FF - VT
Boomfrog - VT
Kary - VT
Somi- VT
Synchon - VT
Chaco - VT

Heury - ???

Is 5 town power roles usual for 13 player games?
Probably at least one scum in the PRs. If Town has 5 PRs, then scum would need to have a few as well, and they aren't likely to all be fake claiming VT.

Thoughts on this:

I'm pretty sure I've seen more scum Neighborizers than Town. I've even been on a mafia team where we used a neighborizer on the same person as the NK to create cover from a tracker. So while I think it's entirely possible that this is wam's real role, it's NAI at best, scum leaning at worst, and I'm definitely giving the side eye to his choices. Tonally, wam comes across as kind of townie wrt his claim.

Mala's role is much more likely to be Town, IMHO. Bodyguard doesn't make a lot of sense for mafia unless it's just to mess with them.

Pythag role is basically fruit vendor and I've seen it as both alignments. I kind of feel like there's some anti-synergy between fruit vendor, tracker, and neighborizer that makes me think at least one of pythag/wam is more likely scum.

fonti's role is really hard to evaluate. I feel like there's a lot of ways scum could cause trouble with this and then bury the claim. fonti's usage feels townie.

Wam

Smash Ace
L Laser boomfrog won a game I was in as a scum neighbourizer despite me seeing him visit the nk target and being lynched for the claim. So yes it can be a scum role. I have seen more town.

I think 5 pr are too many. My guess is the mala is telling the truth. I am and sabrar is known to be one. so that leaves, font, pythag. Fonts is the claim most likely to belong to scum. Pythag could be mod giving acum odd powers to throw us off. I doubt pythag is lying but I havent seen claimed targets.

fontisian fontisian tell me today's word and I will test it.

Ff with all the claims do you think we are at mylo?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
not sure how you got from me saying "I need to wholesale reassess my reads" to the suggestion that I was chastising us for "accomplishing little" with our two misyeets. Shouldn't any townie who's been on both miselims take a step back and say "hey I've been completely wrong with my elim picks so far, maybe I'm thinking about this game the wrong way?"

I also don't get how YOU don't get where my paranoia is coming from. The people I've been agreeing with voting with have been wrong on both plays. How is that NOT supposed to make me feel like my town reads are just snowing me?

I definitely was looking to back and forth, you can see from my posting then I had a bunch of time to sit with the thread open and just bounce ideas around with whoever was there. I appreciate your position re: "it has to be fonti snowing you" because you elim yourself as a candidate from your POV but cmon man think about it from my POV, how is that at all supposed to be obvious to me?

if I'm relying to much on vibes and need to get to "solving logically," why not give me something to chew on that I can assess the logic of? Saying im scumhunting poorly and then just throwing out "do this instead" and nothing else doesn't feel like an attempt to help me get a read on you or anyone else at all bro
There's a difference between taking a step back and doubting everything wholesale, I feel like you just jumped to full conspiracy theorist and begging for some kind of confirmation. I understand feeling paranoid, but the way that you deal with that is to re-evaluate your own reads and look for specific things you can challenge or you have doubts about. I've never seen you this lost in a mafia game and I guess it's just unfamiliarity with the player list but c'mon. We're not even down to the wire yet, and sure we could lose to some bull**** if we miss toDay, but that's mafia.

How is it supposed to be obvious? Idk man, how many games have we played together? 4-5? AND you caught me in 3p Lylo the one time I actually rolled scum. How many times have you played with fonti? 1? and they had town wrapped round their finger? Fmpov you didnt even look before you leaped into this pocket and im baffled that you're so reluctant to poke your head out of it.

You're right that I didn't give you anything to chew on, but it's because I don't know why I'm having to spoon-feed you. It's not like I've been keeping my ideas under wraps, I dumped pretty much every thought I had in #1607. If you really just want to shoot the ****, then at least ask me something that's worth a response, not just "are you scum, bro?" Because the answer's "no, bro, are you?"

fontisian

Smash Champion
I feel like Wam's claim has scum utility it wasn't used for. Like, use it to target a town and convince them you're town. Or use it to target a town you think it pr and try to get them to trust you and claim to you. I feel for him to be scum with this role it would have had to have some sort of limiter, like he couldn't use it until a certain Day or another condition that wasn't met.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I just feel like Wam is straight up lying, and didn't plan his claim ahead of time. I think his EoD 1 activity proves that. It makes no sense when its literally down to one person to not claim when you have a power role that is provable. Especially if you think the other wagon is town too, you would have a chance to re shift the wagons even. Like if I'm unable to freaking guess the night kill when I'm trying too, its crazy he would accidentally get the nightkill target twice in a row on accident.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Imo, if Frozen is fooling me, that's something someone in future can deal with, and I need to focus on hitting correctly elsewhere Today. Same for Kary, I guess, but to a lesser degree. The way Frozen oscillates on me and the "press x to doubt" that just radiates from Kary feel real.

Mala is going to clear himself given time, that's not a concern. Also, his whole "Wam claim not weird, my claim weird, Mala attack" was just town.

Laser still freaks me out, but like, judging from the time he usually takes between posts, and that there was only an hour between his post and mine, he was probably already on the same track as me and not just coming to the same conclusion.

I don't get the townreads on Pythag. Like he's definitely not scum with Wam (because the claims would be super weird and because Wam doesn't come up with that theory about "soup" if he already knows how Pythag's role works).

fontisian

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, Wam not claiming Day 1 is a thing.

Him saying the word now is kind of a point in his favor? Like, we're probably in a 3v6, scum don't need that many people to be wrong to just live here, and Wam throwing his vote away is actively harmful to that.

Also, though, why did he want to neighborize town so badly? Why not neighborize someone scummyish and like try to figure them out with the extra private info? That's how I've used it. Wam Wam , you can answer this.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
If Wam is scum, they have to be either very worried about losing him, or very certain we are going to yeet wrong today lord

fontisian

Smash Champion
I mean, if Wam is scum, he's also been on the chopping block two Days in a row and can't be sure how much longer he can keep getting away with this. He literally talked about that as his reason for claiming.

Wam

Smash Ace
I thought it was more important to get a solid town read if I could especially given how limited good town reads are in this game.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I thought it was more important to get a solid town read if I could especially given how limited good town reads are in this game.
Explain what you mean by "get a solid town read," please.

Also, did anyone get bread? Was this already answered?

Wam

Smash Ace
So font was telling the truth about their power. Still not sure what that means alignment wise.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Prestidigitation is also now safe to say, which I am confirming by saying it now.

Malakandra

Smash Lord

no bread here, guess I'll have to settle for cake.

I want Pythag to answer this as well, the fact that he hasn't yet is making me uncomfortable.

Wam

Smash Ace

I think I have said in my last total reads list. None of my town reads are that strong. I want to get a town read I can trust and build on that. That was my goal.

Wam

Smash Ace
Ps as much as my view counts I also want to know who pythag targeted.

Vote pythag

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I feel like this game is very solvable IF
a) Heury slot starts posting and can remove themselves from PoE
b) BoomFrog BoomFrog puts his cards on the table and starts giving those townie pings:
I’m waiting for the Boom town pings but I haven’t gotten em yet, I always got them off of how he treated Xivii and with the Synch blend I haven’t seen em yet.
You are such a tease. I think it's best if you stop mentioning this. Every time you do I start thinking about what it could be that you are looking for and if I do that too much it can't happen naturally, whenever it is.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok, how to explain.

So, Wam is saying that he wanted to target a townread, and he went into the night phase thinking that I was scum, and Laser/Boom were very town, and Chaco was lighter town. He wanted a townread he could be sure on and build off of. So he targeted Chaco. Makes sense so far. But he also said:
Also and there is a lot of wine here but fonti=scum makes the most sense of a chaco NK. Chaco was bottom of bessies reads list. By NK chaco you throw doubt over all of bessie's reads. I was expecting chaco to come under a lot of pressure today due to pushing Syncs lynch so its an interesting NK choice.
Which implies that if he was thinking about where scum!me was going to shoot (which he should have been, since he was scumreading me and he whiffed on Sabrar), he must have thought there was a decent chance I was going to shoot Chaco. Somewhat excused by the last sentence, if he thought Chaco was town who was going to get pushed today and therefore less likely to die, I forgot about that part tbh. Idk, I feel like if Wam is telling the truth, then he would have had the thought process of "who does scum!fonti shoot" before making his neighborizing target, not /after/ seeing the kill.

fontisian

Smash Champion
To be clear, I'm not saying Heury is scum for not posting, real life is a thing, I get it. But that would be why he couldn't remove himself from the poe if he was posting.

Out there theory: Wam targeted Chaco and /was/ in a neighbor chat with him N1, helped convince him to go after Syn, and realized he needed to kill Chaco when he was turning on him last Night.

Top Bottom