• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things I Like - The Mafia Game - Game Over

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'm not understanding where you're seeing synergy, walk me through that

also, you should be able to say your words for D1 and D2 correct? I'm not sure why you're saying you can claim the 2nd word without saying it directly, why not just say it now?
Basically if I'm pikin up what they are puttin down, if Im on my deathbed day, I can say their word so we don't have to end early and then we know they are what she says she is.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Because I would still have my vote, so if I was unable to use it after saying the word they tell me to say, we would know they had that ability.

fontisian

Smash Champion
The synergy is that with odd players, we could have theoretically used my role to remove a scum's vote on a Day after Mala died and then Mala could vote to help get a hammer in the first 48 hours.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
ooop didn't think it might have been supposed to be ambiguous lol. I am smol brain too. Ima grab dinner because my exam ran late and I'm hungry

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The synergy is that with odd players, we could have theoretically used my role to remove a scum's vote on a Day after Mala died and then Mala could vote to help get a hammer in the first 48 hours.
oh, thats better lol. You thinking about killing scum I'm thinking about them spicy clears lol

fontisian

Smash Champion
There was no Day 1 word, it's only something I do at Night. There are some other restrictions (like no names), but I'm not going to get into all of them unless I need to.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
do you know what happens when someone says the word? Like is it a mod announcement or do their votes just not show up?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
crap now I'm getting worried everytime I say a word with more than three syllables, I need to go caveman mode.

Me no like Wam. Me think Wam claim bad.

fontisian

Smash Champion
do you know what happens when someone says the word? Like is it a mod announcement or do their votes just not show up?
Mod announcement.

It's a dnd 5e related word that starts with the letter p and is a cantrip. You're not going to say it accidentally.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gotcha.

What do you make of Wam's claim?
Also, what's the % you think Kary might be scum?
re: Wams claim

you need to provide rationale for choosing these two slots ASAP, and the fact that didn't in this post already comes off extremely scummy

why would you ever not use this power? what do you mean by "causing issues?" be specific

ngl this feels like a claim designed to get out in front of and mollify a potential watcher sitting with incriminating info, especially given the info given by Sabrars flip as a tracker

also, why didn't you ever think to claim this D1 when you were on the brink of elimination? this is a very low impact and yet also CONFIRMABLE power. You didn't think it might be a good idea to say "hey guys instead of misyeeting me today, why dont yall just direct my power to confirm it?" Even if it put a target on your back and scum NK you to avoid the clear, it's better than "being an easy misyeet", in your own terms, for D3. So yeah, why didn't you make this claim sooner given the relative weakness but confirmability of your power?
re: % Kary is scum, I really cant justify a deviation from 50/50 atm, you hit me right in the feels when you labeled him the wildcard. Most afraid of a kary snow of all my town reads

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Mod announcement.

It's a dnd 5e related word that starts with the letter p and is a cantrip. You're not going to say it accidentally.
ends in ation? I was about to say what I thought it was holy crap I need to come back with an intact brain

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
re: Wams claim

re: % Kary is scum, I really cant justify a deviation from 50/50 atm, you hit me right in the feels when you labeled him the wildcard. Most afraid of a kary snow of all my town reads
I really want to find Kary sus because of his push on Synch for so long, but Synch was doing some...scummy stuff. It's hard for me to feel justified in my reads and yet claim that Kary is grimey for doing the same thing

Malakandra

Smash Lord
but yes I've never felt so tempted in my life. I've got a little devil on my shoulder saying "come on buddy, say it. It would be so funny. It would be helpful to confirm Fonti too. Its not like you are gonna vote scum today, you haven't ever before."

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Everyone needs to chime in on this
Wtf is there to chime in on? You are quoting Chaco saying they think Sync is scum.
No, I remember Mala saying he knew he was going to end up as the deciding vote before it happened, scum!mala didn't just get caught in a weird spot.
For the record, this was at the point that it was tied votes right before the cross voting, so things were already locked and Mala was indeed surprised by fast forming wagons.
VT.

#HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary Claim

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
did you miss the bolded? my point was to draw focus to Chaco's strong feeling that synch v. kary was TvS, which now implies kary scum if his read on that interaction is to be given any weight
He clarified later it was purely thinking sync was scummy. It worries me when you cherry pick stuff like this man...

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
its not cherry picking I'm literally ISOing cleared slots and reposting what I think is worth talking about, but I do sometimes miss context because I'm jumping around then game a lot and not always re-reading in chronological order

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
fontisian fontisian When Kary posted his reads dump near EoD2 why did you only pick apart the read on you instead of analysing the entire read list?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Mala
:grin: jokes around about many things including own alignment, seems relax
:grin: Day 1 paranoia about being high on people's town reads feels real
:grin: dread and indecision over end of day 1 vote feels real
:grin: I find it hard to believe the waggons run up to 6-6 and the player left not voting is mafia. everything happened so fast I feel like its so much more likely that a townie got left behind.
:grin: confidence and eagerness going into Day 2 feels real
:grin: routinely makes points I agree with and I feel like im on the same wavelength

Chaco
:grin: hard defending wam when i pushed him, felt like a genuine read
:grin: saying he couldve got laser yeeted if he wanted to, feels real, not some multilayer scum play
:mad: tone towards boom and laser on day 1 was weird, seemed to be treating people as town when his reads didnt reflect that
:grin: initial reaction to laser's case seemed super townie
:mad: later reaction posts like 'just give me 24hrs' seemed scummy
:grin: sync notes slip seems like a weird thing to fake as mafia, think he genuinely believes it

Frozen
:grin: throws out ideas when he has them rather than with any particular agenda
:grin: feels more happy and relaxed about things, joking, posting memes
:grin: anger and confidence when people attack him feels legit
:grin: generally when I read his interactions / arguments I feel like he comes off as townie (e.g. dark horse, wam, boom)
:mad: reads seem to be very biased towards his own slot e.g. scumreading mala for vote on him
:mad: dislike how trusting he is of fonti and willingness to sheep their vote
:ohwell: starting to slip into background / become less relevant during Day 2

Dark Horse
:ohwell: immediate piggyback on my question in RVS, later just shrugs and owns it
:grin: stubbornness on Gorf in early game felt real
:grin: the way he prodded me and asked me questions during Day 1 felt like he was trying to keep me honest
:grin: when he argued with frozen, fonti etc I usually found myself townreading him
:mad: dont like his SvS read on Wam/Sync after they cross-vote Day 2. Seems kinda stuck in his reads.
:ohwell: seems kinda quiet and low impact overall

Laser
:grin: completely vibed with his Chaco case Day 1
:ohwell: stubbornness in the face of Chaco's rebuttal felt very cold / mechanical
:grin: vibe with his reads list Day 1
:mad: putting a lot of faith in meta reads i dont like at all
:grin: makes good points like about Boom :grin: Wam not being viable.
:grin: calls out fonti for feeling manipulative and for holding too many cards
:ohwell: feels like he's fence-sitting on certain slots Day 2
:ohwell: claim and solve seems more likely townie but feels weird, sudden.

Pythag
:grin: liked that he gave an early reads list, taking initiative there
:mad: dislike how he took a hard stance on sync 'muddying waters' in reads but then was singing their praises shortly after
:grin: pops in with one-liners that suggest he has his own train of thought
:mad: naked wam vote and no presence at end of day, kinda forget he's in the game sometimes
:ohwell: response to me about 'garbling words' could be trying to ingratiate himself
:ohwell: YEAH KARY kinda startling levels of enthusiasm from old man pythag

Wam
:mad: thin and wobbly reads D1
:mad: felt like some things were too obvious to be legit questions, playing the newb card
:mad: seemed more lucid when responding to criticism than when taking initiative
:grin: good reaction to the EOD waggon on them, no panic or shenanigans, shades sabrar
:ohwell: speaking up to defend their cross-vote
:grin: shows some original thought on synchro, frozen, etc.
:ohwell: reads list?

BoomFrog
:mad: putting chaco at top of town reads 'as a test' into instant townread on chaco feels fake
:mad: ambivalence on end of day waggon, only to take away decision from mala, sheeping sabrar only to not
:ohwell: end of day 'congrats' on day 1, later comes back to explain his reaction
:mad: "people should not be townreading me" re-framing his own sketchiness as good thing, justifies his reads based around it
:mad: shading me at end of day for 'not doing enough', then calls out my reads before he even sees my reasons ('shallow')
:grin: like his tone and back-and-forth posting style, seems straightforward and open
:ohwell: opting out of trying to read fonti/synch or hold them accountable

Gorf
:mad: scummy when town meta is accurate but him calling it out rubs me the wrong way
:ohwell: early game seemed pretty safe and by-the-numbers
fonti
:mad: felt like they were trying to pocket mala by giving advice, blatant buddying of frozen
:mad: calling people 'buddy' 'friend' feels skeevy, some kind of psychology 101 stuff
:mad: felt over-eager in breaking up me/Chaco before they could be confident it was TvT
:grin: feels kind of suicidal from mafia to antagonize me, no fear
:mad: throws out shade and doubt about things e.g. 'mala isnt a new player'
:ohwell: hard to follow their progression on reads and pushes
:ohwell: don't feel they have been chill whatsoever this game

Synchro
:mad: cryptic and distant through Day 1, reaction to call-out is to accuse others of overreaction
:mad: inflated case on me based around mis-representing my posts and criticizing by double standard
:mad: nitpicks at frozen and drags him without ever committing
:ohwell: spent more time doing extensive notes on early game than getting involved
:mad: seems very happy and comfy on somi waggon despite basic waggonomics and earlier scumreads
:grin: hypocrites themselves saying we should have killed frozen day 1
:mad: drops frozen and goes back to pushing weaker slots like wam / mala
:mad: no desire to explain themselves just handwave criticism and avoid responsibility
:mad: "somi waggon formed by coincidence" and other types of bull****
:grin: hasn't done a ****ty fake claim to try and save themselves
Ok, yeah.

Uh, didn't really care about the other reads when I was already townreading him, already knew he disagreed on Mala and Laser I wasn't going to convince him, thought the ":grin: hypocrites themselves saying we should have killed frozen day 1" was kind of weird as a positive thing but not worth questioning about when I was busy, and just, like, was sick of everyone scumreading me and wanted to point out how actively wrong every interpretation of me in this post was.

Top Bottom