• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things are heating up in Norfair!

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
ive always hated samus levels because of the lava rising but this one is even worse ._.
i hope that ridley still comes and ness i mean he was in the last 2 why are you going to replace him for some new kid >_> NESS & RIDLEY FTW!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I knew about this stage but we got new screenshots, screenshots are always good. Plus it makes me feel better about Monday's update being something really good. I know it's incredibly unlikely...but please Sakurai, confirm Marth on my birthdaaaaay! XD

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
Ridley would be a very warped playable character in my opinion. His various protuberances will be randomly sticking up through higher platforms and allow characters above him to strike him. Still, Sakurai could make it wor-GET TO YOUR SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!:psycho::lick:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ridley would be a very warped playable character in my opinion. His various protuberances will be randomly sticking up through higher platforms and allow characters above him to strike him. Still, Sakurai could make it wor-GET TO YOUR SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!:psycho::lick:
OMG! BIG WORD!
(I was talking about the word "protuberances", not the actual big words :p)

Anyway, Ridley tucks his wings in when he is grounded. I don't think the'll be any more of a problem than Charizard or Meta Knight's wings.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
lol once again im enjoying the post entertainment. im all in hopes for ridley to enter the fray soon although, i dont feel that the wording had any connection with ridleys playability. But ive been wrong numerous times before(ice climbers, pkmn trainer)

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Considering Monday is the 150th update I'm pretty sure it is going to be Ridley.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAH

Raptorbite

Smash Apprentice
Ridley might be in the game, cuz if he is, this hints that he will be. Everyone has their own place, right?
Not necessarily. Samus was the only Metroid rep in Melee, yet she had two stages.

Also, there were only two Zelda stages in Melee even with three reps.

And Fire Emblem had two reps and ZERO stages.

I don't mean to be a downer, just pointing out that if Melee is any clue, stage availability has only a bit to do with availability of characters.

M.K

Level 55
Melee =/= Brawl

I know the argument has been used nth amount of times, but it's true nonetheless

Also

Melee = Rushed at the End
Brawl = Freaking 6 years AND delayed to perfect

kraid_ridley

Smash Rookie
Even though we already knew this, it wasn't that bad of an update. I mean, we had to get it sometime, and at least the pictures were pretty.

I'm hoping for Ridley soon, though you can't predict anything just from the stage. Though it is interesting it's Norfair and not Brinstar like in Melee and 64...

Why does every Metroid place have to have some kind of lava in the background? Sakurai, just friggin make a Phendrana Drifts or Space Pirate Lab place!
The Summit is already an ice-themed stage, and Shadow Moses Island is similar to what a Space Pirate Lab would look like. Meanwhile, no other lava stages... If you want stages to all look the same, I'm grateful you aren't directing it.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
As much as i loved Prime, i don't want too much influence from it into Brawl.

Acid Rain Crateria, Wrecked Ship or a real Brinstar (Spore Spawn included) would be great alternate Metroid stages.

I mean a metroid related stage, not from another game. And I wouldn't make them all the same! I just want ONE place in SSB metroid related that doesn't have lava involved in it.
Chances are we'll get one more Metroid stage. My guess is that since Norfair was taken from the 2D Metroid genre, the other(s) may be borrowed from Metroid Prime (or its sequels). Artifact Temple, Dark Aether, etc.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
hey i know this may sound very simple but am i the only one who thinks ridley will just be a boss like petey?
Naw, I'm with you too. I mean, he was practically just spoiled in this update. However, I think if he is in, next Monday would be the day to reveal him. But I think that's a really small chance now.

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira

lucario_user

Smash Ace
If ridley gets in, then I think I've found my main

:lick:...... mmmmmmm tasty
welcome to the group. that makes 4 registered users here. and 3 that want ridley. and whats with your name?

hey i know this may sound very simple but am i the only one who thinks ridley will just be a boss like petey?
....... kraid is better suited for that position. ridley is best suited as a PC. in other words..... THAT'S THE SINGLE STUPIDEST IDEA EVER TO COME ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Ridley was second on Sakurai's poll.

I don't know much about Ridley, but being second on Sakurai's poll is quite some achievement, so arguing against him being playable just seems stupid to me..

Naw, I'm with you too. I mean, he was practically just spoiled in this update. However, I think if he is in, next Monday would be the day to reveal him. But I think that's a really small chance now.
Uh, how so? The only mention of Ridley at all in the update was when it said Norfair was the place Samus fought Ridley in the 2D games. That's not a spoiler, that's fact. I don't see how his chances are any smaller or greater with the update, as it gave us no new information at all and we've known about the stage since mid-October.

Volrec

Smash Lord
i just read all of rance's stuff, he's pretty funny

i think you should use queer less that shows less material

overall i think you won

oh and never talk about your real life it makes you look bad

Top Bottom