• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things are heating up in Norfair!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Thats true but I really wonder if it could barely fit two characters in that would be interesting fighting outside fighting inside...

Light09

Smash Cadet
Oh no not another acid/lava metroid stage I was hoping to get something different but I guess this is ok, it will be fun to fight over who doesn't die from the lava wave.

wisewaters

Smash Apprentice
This is a noobish question coming from someone that hasn't played Metroid(me):

Look below the top left corner. It's a cluster of balls that kinda looks like olives to me, but they're could be eggs too. If not, could someone tell me what those are?

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I'm loving this stage. It actually looks like a Metroid game this time, instead of having soem weird unidentifiable blob in the background. Still a disappointing update, though.

Ridley next week? Please?

falcofuku69

Smash Apprentice
1st off Rance shut ur pie hole, that goes to the other guy too. Both u queer bags will be banned, trust me i know from experience, me and suicide-4-life got banned togeather, even though i clearly won the argument ;)

Desruprot

Smash Lord
indeed there is, I am not a metriod fan either, but I do not know or care what they are in the background, only thing I wonder is if two people are likly to keep fighting in two end up getting in... the damage % for one would skyrocket.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace

Look below the top left corner. It's a cluster of balls that kinda looks like olives to me, but they're could be eggs too. If not, could someone tell me what those are?
Well, I don't think it's a stage hazard, if that's what you mean. The Metroid series always has weird space-monster eggs and stuff lying around all over the place. Anyway, if it was a stage hazard, Sakurai would have mantioned it, wouldn't he?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Norfair will just be called No Fair for tournies.

And yes I stole that from Gimpy. lol

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm I would love for Ridley to be in Brawl but Sakurai mentioning him without an actual character update... Makes me doubt his chances... Then again, he might be mindgaming us.

In any case, even though the stage is your typical "rising lava" stage, it has some really nice twists to it this time around. I like it.

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie

Those clusters actually just form parts of the area in Norfair, as in platforms and such. There is no real indication as to what they are.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I love how Sakurai is getting everyone tense two days in a row, just by saying things like "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now" and "Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was.". I don't think either of these have to do with whether the characters will be in, and thus should be taken with a grain of salt. Ness is leaning to the side that he probably won't be in, as sad as that is, but for people to say that he is completely deconfirmed and has a 0% chance to get in, is stupid really, until we get an update saying Ness won't be in or the game comes out and he isn't in the roster, I think it is safe to say that there is still a chance. With Ridley, it seems he almost decided to mention a name, just to see if he could stir up theories two days in a row. If I had to guess, I'd say that since Ridley wasn't confirmed to by flying around the level and that his name was mentioned, it raises his chances of being in, so now I think we're looking at him in for sure, but whether he is a boss or playable is still up in the air. But, again... take it with a grain of salt and stop letting Sakurai trick you with his vague-ness.

Oh, and comments about the level? It looks small, but I love the addition of a little safety area, almost makes a game of the level, which could be fun. I am a little sad that they used lava for the Metroid level, because that lowers the chance of their being a Bowser's castle level, in my opinion.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I love how Sakurai is getting everyone tense two days in a row, just by saying things like "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now" and "Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was.". I don't think either of these have to do with whether the characters will be in, and thus should be taken with a grain of salt. Ness is leaning to the side that he probably won't be in, as sad as that is, but for people to say that he is completely deconfirmed and has a 0% chance to get in, is stupid really, until we get an update saying Ness won't be in or the game comes out and he isn't in the roster, I think it is safe to say that there is still a chance. With Ridley, it seems he almost decided to mention a name, just to see if he could stir up theories two days in a row. If I had to guess, I'd say that since Ridley wasn't confirmed to by flying around the level and that his name was mentioned, it raises his chances of being in, so now I think we're looking at him in for sure, but whether he is a boss or playable is still up in the air. But, again... take it with a grain of salt and stop letting Sakurai trick you with his vague-ness.

Oh, and comments about the level? It looks small, but I love the addition of a little safety area, almost makes a game of the level, which could be fun. I am a little sad that they used lava for the Metroid level, because that lowers the chance of their being a Bowser's castle level, in my opinion.
The reason why he can get everyone worked up so much is because.... we're all insane...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
"Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was.."

But if we're gonna predict something crappy by something vague, notices how this sentence ends with 'WAS'

Not 'is' not 'at'. WAS

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and also... with this that means that all characters have exactly 1 announced stage from their franchise, except for Sonic. Meaning the next announced level will most likely be for Sonic, unless Captain Olimar or Isaac are announced before then.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
"Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was.."

But if we're gonna predict something crappy by something vague, notices how this sentence ends with 'WAS'

Not 'is' not 'at'. WAS

No offense intended and I'm not flaming you :) but don't you think this is a little overanalysing? I mean, he "was" there in Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid ZM, all of which are "past" games, hence "was." He "was" there in those games.
I don't think that particular sentence has any symbolism behind it...
Then again, maybe you 'are' right but my personal opinion as of right now is that you're probably overanalysing things...

It's always nice to see people looking for clues though!

altir

Smash Apprentice
any one notice the platforms and little green bubble doors in the background?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, somebody needs to be spyched about this update, right?

Anyway, I was waiting for this update to happen. But I didn't expect to have some small details I didn't know, like... the capsule.

So, this update wasn't great, but it was kind of nice.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
this was a really good update, and my first time seeing this stage ever. It's interesting how it's only a bunch of platforms, which seems to be a first for any stage ever. there's no central ground area, just platforms!

fighting for that safe spot is gonna be fun XD

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
:laugh:
No offense intended and I'm not flaming you :) but don't you think this is a little overanalysing? I mean, he "was" there in Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid ZM, all of which are "past" games, hence "was." He "was" there in those games.
I don't think that particular sentence has any symbolism behind it...
Then again, maybe you 'are' right but my personal opinion as of right now is that you're probably overanalysing things...

It's always nice to see people looking for clues though!
Hey if people can go wild due to the phrase 'Up until now,' can I analyzed something that's more concrete? lulz

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but I've come to the conclusion that this is one of the worst weeks yet.

Let's all hope for something we didn't already know next week.

(Still an awesome stage though)

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Another point: I'm worried about Ridleys chances through this update. Why? What other newcomer besides Meta Knight, who we already knew, has been mentioned BEFORE THEIR UPDATE? Seriously, he has surprised us with each new character that came in. Except for outside information like Dedede winning the poll, or Sonic being the most popular, he has never tipped his hand.

Plus, I was thinking he would hold Norfair UNTIL Ridley was announced, so that he could take shots with the bony dragon himself on it.

Ah well. Something good for 150 please.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
There wasn't anything really great this week, but Sakurai can't reveal so much at one time. And I don't know if he is intentionally teasing us or not. Probably not, we ARE all crazy XD

Anyway, this stage looks interesting. I don't really care either way is Ridley gets in personally, but I would celebrate with you all if he does get in (which I think is likely).

However, it's also kinda sad that Ness may not be coming back. I also didn't ever use him, but I'd feel bad for all the Ness users.

ksukh

Smash Rookie
There wasn't anything really great this week, but Sakurai can't reveal so much at one time. And I don't know if he is intentionally teasing us or not. Probably not, we ARE all crazy XD

Anyway, this stage looks interesting. I don't really care either way is Ridley gets in personally, but I would celebrate with you all if he does get in (which I think is likely).

However, it's also kinda sad that Ness may not be coming back. I also didn't ever use him, but I'd feel bad for all the Ness users.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^ Good point. Also...IMO in regards to Ness. I don't think it's all that bad...he's being replaced by lucas...either for better or worse. I personally have no problem with it...

Ness = Lucas to me

His moveset is different but looks similar in a way so I have no problems. Also this stage looks sweet. More hazards fun...I like it :)

lucario_user

Smash Ace
Another point: I'm worried about Ridleys chances through this update. Why? What other newcomer besides Meta Knight, who we already knew, has been mentioned BEFORE THEIR UPDATE? Seriously, he has surprised us with each new character that came in. Except for outside information like Dedede winning the poll, or Sonic being the most popular, he has never tipped his hand.

Plus, I was thinking he would hold Norfair UNTIL Ridley was announced, so that he could take shots with the bony dragon himself on it.

Ah well. Something good for 150 please.
hes trying to confuse us. mindgames is what smash is all about. and 500th post. and 150 better be good

Top Bottom