• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Theytah's Mod School!

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8
I've been here, for some reason I have notifications set for all three of my threads but the site only notifies me for one.
That's odd. I haven't had that issue yet. The only way for that to happen for me is that the poster doesn't quote my original post, but, Uses my username to point out what I've requested. Such as the BRSTM request thread

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Pretty much any 3D modeling software could do the job, but since most people from the Brawl modding community work with 3ds Max you will hardly find tutorials for the other options.

In forums.kc-mm you will find guides for importing models with Maya and Blender.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much any 3D modeling software could do the job, but since most people from the Brawl modding community work with 3ds Max you will hardly find tutorials for the other options.

In forums.kc-mm you will find guides for importing models with Maya and Blender.
I didn't know that (mostly because no one bothers with other modeling software)

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
How does one do character .rel porting? I've done it before with stages I.E. making a stage that's designed to replace final destination instead replace battlefield because of stage .rel porting, but there seems to be nothing about character .rel porting? Say for example, I wanted to use .rel porting to replace olimar with Marth, because I wanted both marth and also a Lucina character slot separately? How would I go about doing things like this?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
How does one do character .rel porting? I've done it before with stages I.E. making a stage that's designed to replace final destination instead replace battlefield because of stage .rel porting, but there seems to be nothing about character .rel porting? Say for example, I wanted to use .rel porting to replace olimar with Marth, because I wanted both marth and also a Lucina character slot separately? How would I go about doing things like this?
I don't think that it works the same way because the game's code probably uses the character .rels differently than the ones used for stages. So I wouldn't be much help here.

sporksparks

Smash Cadet
http://smashboards.com/threads/p-m-...-to-port-ridley-come-here-modding-faq.416959/

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to import objects to other costumes (Ex.1 PM OOT - Brawl Ganon, PM Justin Bailey - Next Mission V.5 ZSS) but there's an issue that causes the models to not scale properly and have stretched polygons. The last time I had this issue, it was the bone scale, but I tried that and it didn't work. The stretching only happens with objects that are rigged to multiple bones, but I've had it work before with other models, so I don't know what the issue is.
I have a similar problem where all the polygons are stretched. I'm using brawlbox 0.76b.

Inquirer

Smash Cadet
Anyone out there with some guidance of some sort about pat0 mapping in PM? And more specifically on how to separate 'linked' stages (that share icons etc)?

Apparently some sort of black magic stops me from changing the mapping of icons-to game logo-to stage. I tried brawl stage manager but it corrupts the heck out of the sss. On the other hand in brawlbox I have made a different SelchrMark/SelmapMark for each stage and, yet, even though I've solved some of the mapping issues, weird couplings between stages continue to pop up.

I got no cbliss/stage expansion packs and I am trying to figure out the mappings because dolphin finds connected mappings when clearly in brawlbox/brawl stage manager every stage is autonomous (each own icon/logo).

Edit: After many hours on brawlbox/dolphin I am starting to think it's impossible to not have pairings or that Dolphin somehow has something to do with it.

Last edited:

Lowtier Hero

Smash Rookie
Do you anything about editing team color references in PM 3.6? I'd like to remove some of the team color options

Lowtier Hero

Smash Rookie
The extra team colors data should be on the SD card though right? Since regular brawl only provided one set of team colors?

Btw, are you familiar with smash attacks psa?

Last edited:

PegasusKnt

Smash Apprentice
Ryztiq Ryztiq Could you please explain how to use the billboard settings for bones in brawlbox? (I want to make a flat object constantly face the camera, and I'm 99% sure "billboard" is the setting to use for that). Or if you have a video that discusses the topic I'd be happy to just watch that.

Just to clarify, I am asking about this: BillboardSetting and BillboardRefNode:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Ryztiq Ryztiq Could you please explain how to use the billboard settings for bones in brawlbox? (I want to make a flat object constantly face the camera, and I'm 99% sure "billboard" is the setting to use for that). Or if you have a video that discusses the topic I'd be happy to just watch that.

Just to clarify, I am asking about this: BillboardSetting and BillboardRefNode:
just set the bone that the object is rigged to to standardperspective.

D

Deleted member

I took Ganondorf's cape and tried to put it on C. Falcon. I choose "replace" when importing the object, because if I don't, the cape goes nuts and gets all stretched. I try to save and then BrawlBox crashes. What gives? I'm using v0.74b like you did in the video.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Also guys just wanna post a quick shoutout to the custom smash discord, its a really great place to learn and share!

Here's a link if you want to Join ;)

thegrinch

Smash Rookie
Hey so I've trying for like 2 days to add diddy's hat to Marth and i cant get it to work, any advice?
Im not well versed in 3ds max and doing the model swapping from your video keeps adding other objects and not putting the hat in the right place

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hey so I've trying for like 2 days to add diddy's hat to Marth and i cant get it to work, any advice?
Im not well versed in 3ds max and doing the model swapping from your video keeps adding other objects and not putting the hat in the right place
you cant transfer stuff from character to character in brawlbox, i said that in the video.

thegrinch

Smash Rookie
you cant transfer stuff from character to character in brawlbox, i said that in the video.
So how would I go about doing that in 3ds max? Cause I keep getting an index out of bounds error when I try to reimport into bb

Top Bottom